How do we fix The Walking Dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BuB20drdeeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he could of just moved out of the way

Merle needs to come back from the dead, instant 10/10 show

that's a weird way to spell Shane

I was going to say "go back to season 2 and have Merle live"

the show would still suck even if merle and shane were still around. it's just played out at this point and they're just repeating themselves.

unfortunately they'll probably try to go full grey's anatomy and keep the show on for 20 years because AMC has literally nothing else going for it at this point.

>yfw as the seasons go on they will only be able to afford having rick and negan appear in 1 episode per season

Well from what it looks like they already have le epic explosions so they don't need to fix it.

Seriously though, what a dumb fucking cop out for actual good storytelling, I'm glad I stopped watching this show.

Remake the show and follow the comics, show everything, put it on hbo.

Cancel it

Its kino as it already is

Why is there no logic in this show anymore? How do normies deal with blatantly stupid characters?

>Have Negan and his high command in plain view wnd sorounded
>Shoot the windows above them instead of unleashing a hail of bullets upon them
Oh no! They'll catch a cold now? That'll show them!

What the fuck happened? It always had weak episodes when nothing happened, but these webms from latest season I'm seeing are so fucking retarded it hurts. Didn't anybody said "hey you know shooting somebody with rpg isn't really good idea since it's wasteful, it doesn't work like that, it's fucking dangerous and most importantly, we don't have money for proper effects so it's gonna look like ass"?

The main cast have negotiated HUUUGE pay raises, like almost Game of Thrones level pay for Rick and Daryl's actors, and AMC execs are fucking greedy so they're probably cutting the already-paltry production budget. AMC is notorious for this.

I wonder why nobody from TWD didn't become more famous, at one time it was the most popular thing on tv. At least Norman Reedus, I thought he's really popular these days, but all he did was few indie and b-movies and isn't working on any films, only Death Stranding vidya with Kojimer

It seems that without TWD they're fucked

wow this is so deep

/thread

Bravo Gimple

Anyone got the webm of rick getting shot at with an M2 Browning in a jeep and the 50 cal rounds just cuase sparks on the grill?

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH people watch this trash

The comics have gone to shit too. I only follow both for Negan

Stop following the comics and end it next season.

the problem is, after punisher. You just can't. All the gun fighting girls are so unbelievable, none of them sell it.

The punisher has ruined all tacticool, action and tension for me.

>AMC has literally nothing else going for it at this point.
This. Ever since Mad Men and Breaking Bad ended, The Walking Dead is the only show that seems to pay the bills. All other AMC shows suck (e.g. Small Town Security, Comic Book Men) and the other shows don't have a wide enough audience (e.g. Hell on Wheels, Into the Badlands).

comic book men is pretty decent. I have a huge collection my dad passed down to me and I get to see how much money i have kickin' around in the attic

>Seasons 1-2, men do the heavy lifting and the women stay in the kitchen where they belong, resulting in a kino show
>Season 3 and onwards, show turns to shit as soon as the women start fighting as well

The Walking Dead has some of the worst gunfights put to television.
See: Rick's group arriving at Terminus, the Saviours attacking Alexandria at the end of season 7

The Walking Dead is intentionally silly.

Did he become dust?

I feel like the stima still exists that TV actors are a lower caste compared to film actors, they just don't garner much respect. Combine that with the fact that big shows like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead have very long filming schedules, the actors need a break to see friends and family and don't have the time to take whatever few film roles they'd be given so they spend the best years of their careers not networking themselves or building their brands.

There's been buzz about Norman Reedus becoming the MCU's Johnny Blaze, but he'd probably just end up getting a Netflix series like all the others, so still no big break into film.

Stop watching it so that it dies. Shit should've ended 6 seasons ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=BuB20drdeeY

>Rick's group arriving at Terminus
You're kidding right? Michonne literally says in that every episode during that very "gunfight" that they weren't trying to kill them and were just trying to herd them towards the boxcars.

Uh, Better Call Saul?

>resurrect Merle and Shane
>kill Carl to create Punished Rick
>Rick joins forces with Negan
>Merle and Shane come to join them
>these four travel the country fucking shit up

10/10 show debate me faggots

It's not that they are fucked, it's that they have to find work during the off-season of filming the series, so the actors/actresses take these under the radar movies to star in.

And, it's apart of their contract, they aren't allowed to accept any other major role outside of the Walking Dead. Reportedly.

I'm sure once Daryl get killed off Norman will venture unto other roles again and potentionally fund the Boondocks III via Paetron.

>still no Boondock Saints 3
>stuck with garbage TWD until the end of time

jdimsa

How do we fix Death Wish?

Which is tragic because the last Norman ever spoke about the Boondocks III was if it couldn' be turned into a movie then Duffy thought about making it into a television series.

In an alternate reality, Norman is in the televised version of the Boondock Saints.

It's really simple.

>Kill all the current female characters

That's literally all you have to do.

The surviving men then seek out new women to fuck/rape. Some resort to fucking female zombies. Some of them make a boat and go to Mexico where they discover the zombie apocalypse only affected counties with large Black communities since it was basically a mutated form of the AIDS virus.

Show end.

Reminder:
Carl isn't getting killed.

In Siddiq's introductory scene, Rick shown Siddiq wrath and Carl shown him mercy ergo Siddiq is going to save Carl last minute.

baby Judith may get killed in an epic plot twist as someone carry her away and then get shot think Lori's comicbook death.

Who is ready for punished Rick and Carl?

t.Incel

>turn it into a yaoi infested show
I'd rather watch Gakkō Gurashi!

They literally showed future Carl so no he doesn't die

Agreed. Stupid and unbelievable. Have an overly complicated that last 8 episodes when you could have ended it with 1 shot.

Thanks for confirming Chandler.

You should post on Sup Forums more.

>How do we fix The Walking Dead?
DELET GIMPLE, conveniently preventing him from ruining FTWD (which somehow turned semi-decent last season) too.

>could of
Kys

>hes not excited for Gimple kino
>hes not excited for Gimple great usage of foreshadow and pottery
>hes not excited for Gimple attempt at writing a deeper meaning to the show given it some sort of depth on humanity and society
Come on, user.

Season three, episode twelve: Clear is the only great episode of the Walking Dead.

>I feel like the stima still exists that TV actors are a lower caste compared to film actors
John Hamm was the leading man in Mad Men and starred in Baby Driver earlier this year
Likewise with Charlie Hunnam in Sons Of Anarchy and King Arthur

Both of those shows had already concluded prior to the filming of those movies. Or were at least very close to it. Both were also very successful shows, which of course is going to do wonders for the lead actors.

Ok, I'll give you that one. But all the other AMC originals aren't as popular as Breaking Bad, Mad Men or the Walking Dead. In fact the only reason Better Call Saul gets high ratings and good reviews is because it's a spin-off/prequel of Breaking Bad. Take the Breaking Bad element away and you got a simple legal procedural show similar to Law and Order

You should look at how much they're selling for. Just be careful, nerds will try to scam you and pay you less than what your comics are worth.

better call saul: literally nothing happens

It's Mike Ehrmantraut show then anything else.

Turn it off. There.

too much lgbt not enough merle, show is dead

Good observation. Part of the reason why this show seemed way more realistic and gritty early on.

The show needs to deviate from the comics ASAP.

>Season three, episode twelve: Clear is the only great episode of the Walking Dead.
It's the best of Season 3, sure. But there's plenty of TWD Essential Fedoracore.

>101 Days Gone Bye
>102 Guts
>202 Bloodletting
>207 Pretty Much Dead Already
>208 Nebraska
>212 Better Angels
>312 Clear
>315 This Sorrowful Life
>406 Live Bait
>407 Dead Weight
>408 Too Far Gone
>409 After
>414 The Grove
>501 No Sanctuary
>503 Four Walls and a Roof
>509 What Happened and What's Going On
>510 Them
>512 Remember
>513 Forget
>514 Spend
>515 Try
>516 Conquer
>601 First Time Again
>602 JSS
>603 Thank You
>604 Here's Not Here
>606 Always Accountable
>609 No Way Out (series peak)
>610 The Next World
>612 Not Tomorrow Yet
>613 The Same Boat
>614 Twice as Far
>701 The Day Will Come When You Won't Be
>704 Service
>707 Sing Me a Song
>708 Heart's Still Beating
>711 Hostiles and Calamities
>713 Bury Me Here
>716 The First Day of the Rest of Your Lives
>801 Mercy
>804 Some Guy
>805 The Big Scary U
>807 Time For After

so what would a shaped charge from an rpg do to a person at that short range? Would it even trigger the charge our just bludgeon their torso to death like mega bean bag?

Killing Negan would set the remaining people off on Ricks group. He wants to make things so bad for them that they turn on Negan.

What is the explanation for the effects getting so shitty?

>a) AMC have stopped giving a shit and decided to put as little money into the show to maximise profits
>b) Cast members have demanded pay increases so the show is even more badly funded than before
>c) The show now exists as some kind of tax avoidance/ money laundering scheme

Or maybe some combination of them

I think it's a classic case of loving their own farts. It's the best show every, every character is beloved and it's just a room full of people going "YES THAT"S PERFECT"

First off, fire all the current writers, they are clearly incompetent due to all the plot holes. Make the show about survival again, make the zombies a threat again. Don't be afraid to kill off characters anymore, but make their death's meaningful. More episodes about characters going on runs and just scavenging / surviving in the world / encountering random groups of raiders and shit, new original stuff that's actually tense and interesting.

Second, remove the 16 episode seasons, replace them with 10 episode seasons that run straight through, no more "mid season finales" to milk shitty predictable cliffhangers.

Fire all of the people responsible for the special effects and action scenes, hire actual, competent people and teach the actors how to properly handle firearms. That, or simply reduce the action sequences greatly to the point that there aren't a lot of them anymore.

Focus every episode on multiple characters. Not every single character has to be featured in every episode, but the most important characters should have some development each episode. Cut off with the predictable deaths of characters who I, as a viewer, have zero investment in. For example, A-a ron's homosexual partner who I can't even remember his name because he was so fucking irrelevant, get rid of these pointless secondary characters and focus solely on developing the main cast. Also, stop doing the same thing where these ancillary characters suddenly get screentime and are killed off in the most predictable manner possible.

The real solution though is to just end this show, because these changes will never happen. It should end after this season if there was justice in this world, but AMC wants more money so it won't.

The show isn't even fucking close to the comics.

The comics aren't exactly amazing but the show would be 50x better if it was a page-for-page adaptation

>female directors

it's a good show the problem is have a lot of episodes

No, it wouldn't, and people seriously under-estimate just how cheesy the comic can be. The show should incorporate elements from the comics, that's what works best, not a full on adaptation as the source material is really not as good as you guys believe it is.

is Punished Rick confirmed?

Haven't we had punished Rick before? I don't understand the hype

We all know the writers will never let him go full evil/baddie

As I said, the comics aren't amazing, and yes they can be cheesy, but absolutely anything would be better than the complete garbage that the TV show shits out every week.

It's perfectly clear what they're doing with Rick's character. The prison Morgan built is for Negan, just like in the Comics, but Carl's death will make Rick go crazy for a few episodes with vengeance, until he is forced to step back, be rational and do the right thing and not let his emotions take over.

the shows not great but a little bit of critical thinking there would make you realize that rick is depending very heavily on his exact version of his plan playing out, and that doesnt involve just assassinating negan with a sniper rifle

>what is better call Saul

the only time the walking dead is good is when scenes are playing out like page-to-scene transitions from the comics

literally a perfect adaptation would be better than what we have right now

False, the show's best moments in season 4 and 5 were adapted from the comics, but very different at the same time, for example how the Hunters were incorporated into Terminus.

The show has had good original content as well, such as the Claimers. Honestly, even season 6 of the show had its moments, it was really at the end of season 6 with that godawful cliffhanger ending that the show really started to nosedive in quality. Season 7 was almost entirely forgettable trash, and 8 so far has only had a few good moments, and nearly every episode is mediocre or bad.

terminus (and morgan and a few other character changes) are literally the only time the show original content has been alright.

the WORST parts of the show by far are show original. CDC plot, the length of season 2, prison arc getting split into two seasons, the hospital fucks, the whole cast of shitty and forgettable characters like tara

your problem is that they're not shooting the source material very well, not that the source material is bad. take the bat scene for example, god tier comic defining moment made into one of the worst cliffhangers in TV. the source material is fine, much better than anything out of the TV show, it's the writers and producers that are the problem.

CARL.
ISN'T.
DYING.

What evidence do you have to support this?

A good show that almost nobody watches. It definitely isn’t paying the bills at AMC

Seasons 2 and 3 are by far the furthest from the comics they're based on. Also by far the worst seasons. Shane was excellent in the TV show and honestly he alone makes the other parts of S2 worth slogging through. He's by far my favorite change from the comics. The Governor in the show was also better than the comics but to a much lesser extent. In the comics he's le evil mustache twirling rapist/murder but the show turned him into a far more sympathetic character, though I largely credit this to David Morrissey.

>Terminus
>alright
You're kidding, right? Termimus would've been greater if it returned to the roots of pure survivalism: the Ricktatorship are excursing through the woods, an old town, etc cetera., they come across these anemic 90s grunge style looking fucktards by happenstance and have the reveal lead up to - they're cannibals.

I mean, Alexandria, Hilltop, the Kingdom and the Sanctuary make sense because its people still believing they can restore humanity with their own communities, but giving fucking cannibals a community and them luring whomever inside their slaughterhouse when there is barely any people left? Un-goddamn-real.

That's where the Walking Dead faulters, with Kirkman deciding "Oh, yeah, after two or so years, everyone who is still alive built their own paradise!"

At least, the Whisperers are interesting because they are nomadic and never settle for a single place.

>That's where the Walking Dead faulters, with Kirkman deciding "Oh, yeah, after two or so years, everyone who is still alive built their own paradise!"

but kirkman never decided that, that's actually a big problem the TV show has. in the TV show, terminus arose a little over a year after the apocalypse. in the comic book, you don't see alexandria, the kingdom or the hilltop, or any settlement NEAR that size, until three years into the apocalypse. for some reason, the TV show shaved a year off that timeline and the TV show is only two years in right now. it makes absolutely no sense and makes less and less sense the more show original groups they cram in. ie the hospital people, the trash people, etc

Kingdom is literally the cheesiest plot in the entire show, and it's so awful, Ezekiel is a horrendous character, and Shiva was a pointless money sink of CGI. This is the prime example of the comics not translating well to television.

carl may very well die user, the next episode definitely looks like it's set up for that. i mean, carl's suddenly had a lot more to do (yet at the same time a lot less screentime) and now the next episode revolves around him?

that's the walking dead death formula. of course the actor would tweet that he's not dying, his death not only ruins the current show, but retroactively ruins the entirety of the show. seven years will go down the drain with this death. of course he'll deny it.

Leaks say he isn't on set anymore and Rick is crying over his grave in the flash forwards, he has to decide what to do with Negan after they win, and he chooses to spare him and the Saviors and let mercy prevail. It was all leaked months ago, all the other spoilers that were leaked turned out to be 100% accurate and truthful, so I'm inclined to believe that it's factual.

idiot

>isn't on set anymore
>got a haircut slightly now it's a mullet
>busy filming for a movie for the off-season
>even making music during the off-season
>somehow this equate to him dying
Are fans aware Chandler have a life outside of playing a fictional character?

You guys can keep up the mental gymnastics, he's still dying.

>now the next episode revolves around him?
Andrew Lincoln is getting paid big. All it means is AMC is reducing his role and given focus on other characters.

Maggie is leader of Hilltop and they tossed her a few episodes, Carl is wearing Rick's deputy hat, which is symbolic of leadership, they are giving Carl a bone for once and will exemplify his leadership role and what he learnt from Rick.

The entire episode is going to be "We don't need Rick to lead us, we can lead ourselves".

Nah, he's still living.
>fans saw Chandler Riggs covered in blood
Happened a few episodes back when he encountered Siddiq in the woods and they tango with a few Walkers.

>The Walking Dead
>fixable

choose 1

To what capacity? Chandler stated facts, every season, every GODDAMM season, the fandom conceive some assine theory Carl is going to die and yet he smiles turns out to survive characters like Herschel, Glenn, Abe, Merle, the Governor.

What is with the hateboner for him?

Carl is suddenly getting character development when he was absent for like 5 episodes. Just admit it, it's the same formula, next episode is Carl-centric and heavy on Carl character development because the character is toast. How many times have we seen the same process repeated already?

They did it with Sasha. They did it with Abe. They did it with the gay guy (Aaron's boyfriend who I cared so little about I don't even know his name). They did it with the fat nurse lesbian character who was also so forgettable I don't know what her name was.

Just wait till Sunday, it will happen and nobody will be surprised because it's the same old, tired formula they've done 100x already because these shit writers don't know how to develop characters anymore.

This is why I stopped watching TWD all those years ago (watched it up and inc. to first episode of S5). It pretends it's some super deep character drama, but it isn't even 1/10th of how smart it thinks it is. It caters to the lowest common denominator so people will of course keep watching it, but it needs to die. Their main cast of characters have been through the same arcs a million times over and it shows, AMC will milk it for as long as they can so they clearly have no endgame planned. Whenever TWD peaked it was a long time ago, as flawed as S3 was at least there was still a zombie apocalypse story to tell that was entertaining, the show is incomparable to those stories now.