Disney closing in on deal to own including the Batman television rights

ign.com/articles/2017/12/05/disney-closing-in-on-deal-to-buy-21st-century-fox

If this deal falls through Marvel will own the television rights to Batman.

dailysuperhero.com/2014/01/fox-bought-all-batman-tv-rights-for-new.html

Press F to pay respects

This is literally the best thing that could've happened to him. Batman deserves better than WB.

I hope the DCEU stays at wb so that they can finance none-dceu projects with the money they earn

Plus dc fans will continue to be salty

What does this mean for Gotham?

so is disney just trying to take over the universe? This is fucking terrifying. Fuck them hard

what the fuck

this

but capecucks will welcome this so they can see their celebrity cosplayers all together on the big screen

>Batman deserves to be slaughtered on the quirky gag altar
Do you even read what you write?

At last me and my fellow soyboys will be able to enjoy a Batman Netflix show

nothing will happen. marvel also owns the live action tv rights to spider-man. they can't use him because there is some clause in their sony contract, thats says they can't do any live action media that would cause 'confusion' with sony's spider-man. there is prolly a similar clause with wb and dc.

>Batman Year One tv series
>episode starts with the crime alley scenes
>parents die
>fast forward to an attorney naming Bruce the heir of Wayne Enterprises
>kid Bruce: I'M RICH BIOTCH!
>*montage of Bruce going on some kiddy spending spree with Flo rida - Right round plays*

Batman live action rights is worthless if they can't capitalize through other Avenues. They'd literally would just only give WB free money. Which isn't how the Mouse plays if the way they treated X-Men and F4 were anything to go by.

Batman: Idris Elba
all females: white

Directed by JJ Abrams

>marvel
>batman

I don't think you know how this works.

But Justice League came out weeks ago.

I dont think you understand how rights work.

WB should at the very least try to get Batman's tv rights if not the entire television division. The reason you don't see adult batman in any of the tv shows is not because of some embargo, it's because Batman's tv IP belongs to Fox

So? We already got an official DVD/Blu-Ray release of the entire series, some cool merch with the likeness of the actors in the show, and two animated anniversary/reunion movies. You can't really do a whole lot with it anymore since Adam is gone. Besides, this could be seen as Disney/Marvel's revenge for Warner holding the Hanna-Barbera Fantastic Four cartoon hostage.

Disney is not going to put any effort in a DC owned property where they have little to gain.

If this means Gotham is getting cancelled I'm gonna be fucking pissed.

It could move to DC's online streaming service, or switch networks like Supergirl. DC would still have a majority of control since the Batman characters belong to them.

Clickbait shit post

coompan A is bedar tan coompan B

Bit by bit Marvel will continue to chip away at DC.

Captain America has pretty much already greatly harmed the possiblity of future Superman fans. They just need Black Panther and probably Moon Knight, Daredevil, Nighthawk, Darkhawk or someone else similar to go after the Batman fanbase and then Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch to kill off the Wonder Woman fanbase. Black Panther is already a variant of Batman now. Batman will have close to zero black fans in the future. The Batman fanbase would probably be the hardest to kill off and they might not be able to completely kill it. They might just be able to greatly weaken it and get another similar hero to be about as popular however.

In addition to the Trinity, Marvel has and continues to go for even the less popular heroes. Nova Corps and Captain Marvel to take out the future Green Lantern fans. Iron Man of course already prevents any future Cyborg fans. Vision has pretty much taken up any future Manhunter fans and Adam Warlock will probably continue stoping any future Manhunter fans. Warlock may with Doctor Strange additionally stop any future fans of John Constantine and Doctor Fate. Scarlet Witch in additition to Wonder Woman helps prevent any future Zatanna fans. Of course they have Namor for Aquaman.

Marvel's characters=new hotness
DC's big characters=old and busted overpowered dinosaurs from a bygone era that should be put out to pasture

Luckily, many DC characters will enter the public domain in the coming couple decades so Marvel can adapt the characters and make some good comics and movies.

I know this isn't technically a DC thread but I couldn't find a proper one on the catalog.

Its been a month. What happened to Justice League? No one is talking about it, did they made a profit or not? Was it a failure?

It feels like it was completely forgotten

You know the real reason why Marvel>DC? It's because Marvel's movies more or less take place in the real world. So they can have superhero comic book bullshit but they can also use the comics to do social commentary. DC has Metropolis and Gotham and thus people can't identify with them nor any of the other characters who live in anonymous nowhere cities.

Metropolis gets flattened in MoS, who gives a shit, but seeing New York getting attacked in The Avengers hits deep because of recent events!!!FACT!!!

How the fuck have they not been slapped with an anti-trust suit yet?

That has pretty much nothing to do with it for most people seeing the movie. Look at Guardians of the Galaxy.

Having real places as a setting allows for their movies to have cheaper sets however.

DC having more interesting backgrounds for some movies where they go with the more whimsical sets (Superman returns, pre-Batman begins) allows for there to be something more interesting in the background of even mundane things in a movie however.

When will they buy the White House for exclusive rights to the president's seat? Only thing left at this point.

It sucked