Silence

Was anyone else too dumb to understand this film?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1qwVFm5WFTQu2ZLIU_Fsc1AHfYMHcLJTL/view
youtube.com/watch?v=wf0-wv2awkY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where can i watch this film, user

no it was just a shit movie

my friend was. he kept screaming

watch or download?

This.

>DUDE JAPAN DEGENERATE LMAO

Religion bad
It killed people

religious film, *yawn*

>DUDE THEY ARE LIKE REALLY QUITE SO IT'S CALLED SILENCE

so intelligent...

here dude. it's google drive, so just press download

drive.google.com/file/d/1qwVFm5WFTQu2ZLIU_Fsc1AHfYMHcLJTL/view

see

the title refers to the silence of God, not the characters in the film.

We're on Sup Forums senpai...its only capesters here now

I saw it on an airplane on the way to Japan

does jewgle not check if you have movies on your drive

its on hulu too

I deleted this after 48 minutes of boreness

I felt like I was overrating it with a 7/10 desu
Someone copypasted a long post I had about this movie

10/10

it feels so good to be smarter and better than other people

The performances by Driver and Garfield are just perfect

"I understand your pain. I was born into this world to share men's pain. I carried this cross for your pain. Your life is with me now. Step."

Religious or not, that's one of the most powerful scenes in cinema. He denied everything he stood for, including his god, to stop the suffering of the Japanese people and in doing so became all the more Christ-like himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=wf0-wv2awkY

Gomenasai, my name is Cristóvão-Sama.

I’m a 57 year old Portuguese ex-Kirishitan (Apostate for you gaijins).

my favorite of last year along with Paterson

rarbg

go out and look around you to see gods work

Why does Jesus sound like a smooth jazz singer?

fucking kek

reminder that a god cruel enough to banish people to an eternity of torture for saving the lives of other people under extreme duress is an evil entity

Its about how people think they are following gods desire/path when they arent, they just follow themselves.

jesus's voice is Ciran Hinds the guy who played his Jesuit Archbishop.

>jesus is played by a literal subhuman
gross

t. Too stupid to understand the film

>implying it was Jesus and not Andrew Garfield's own self-rationalization

>Andrew Jewfield
>ever not sounding like a whiny girl

enlighten us then

it was likely his own rationalization but it's not a completely incorrect interpretation of jesus's message. don't tell a catholic that though, they'll lose their minds.

all I thought is that we should copy what the japs did to weed out the muslims

Not true. It doesn’t sound anything like Ciran anyway.

Step.

yes it is.

the original weeb

reminder rodrigues manufactured that voice, and when he finally stepped, realized his sin, that inoue and fierria were exactly right, and all the suffering he witnessed was entirely his fault, then spent the rest of his life atoning for that sin.

No, its was just another shit movie with Garfield hamming it up

muslims would thrive in such an environment

make way for true /missionarykino/

Didn't make it through, I stopped at the cave seen or whatever. Is it worth watching further or is it just some high brow metaphysical christ cuck bullshit about colonial christianity going to foreign lands disrupting their culture/religion w/ their own dogma?

Looks like kino.. movie info

Prove it, bitch.

>japanese rightly recognize that catholics proselytizing is an attempt at political control of the control by foreign powers
>the portuguese would literally give warlords weapons in exchange for converting the populace
>catholics whine and cry about suffering and martyrs when they could just proselytize QUIETLY and discourage all overt forms of of worship
>most of the japanese didnt even understand scripture anyway, it just merged with traditional japanese beliefs.

catholicism was a mistake

Why europeans are always looking for miracles to happens?

t. dutch merchant

remove yourself from my sight papist demon worshipper

The Mission. has De Niro and Jeremy Irons with beautiful soundtrack by Ennio Morricone

Your local library should have a bluray you can barrow. Free, and highest quality you can get.

It's 'The Mission', and it is indeed kino. Go watch it.

It's called Silence because Father Rodrigues had to live his whole live believing in God in silence.
The point of the movie is that (if) Rodrigues got saved wasn't because of his strength but because of his weakness. While Garupe and even Kichijiro stayed strong in the end, Rodrigues lived his life not only regretting his sin but being to weak to do something about it, which made him long for God's forgiveness. Basically Rodrigues was an arrogant fuck and only by sinning he could accepts Jesus' sacrifice.

Reminder that all the martyrs and peasants in the film are superior Christians to Rodrigues. Better to die than deny one's faith.

JAY COCKS

J A Y C O C K S

God doesn't exist, fucking idiot

>dying for some words in a book

absolutely spooked. that said i enjoyed the film immensely, made me brush up on my religious literature.

Its on Amazon prime

Movies that dumb christians and dumb atheists will never understand.

>not dying for Christ, who died for you in turn

kek
the dutch were really the jews of western europe

i thought the point of christ on the cross was that he took on all the sin (past, present and, future) so that men would not have to

i.e. rodrigues sin doesnt bar him from salvation since all men sin

This

I read a few biographies on Jesuit missionaries to Asia after I saw the film. Francis Xavier's life is fascinating, as is Matteo Ricci and Ferdinand Verbiest, the man who proved to the Chinese that Western Science and geography was more accurate than Chinese methods through a series of royal contests with the top Chinese geographers and scientists.

>Comparing oneself to Christ

>implying all men aren't called to live lives in imitation of Christ

>disparaging a man for breaking under literal torture

what's that bit about not casting the first stone?

All Christians are called to be Christ-like. After all, Christ was a man as much as he was a God

>tfw finding out based Shinya is in this film

I don't recall who he played though.

Kind of, but I think it's a bit more complex than that. While God understands and is willing to forgive you if you ask for forgiveness from the bottom of your heart, that doesn't mean sinning is ok. Just because Jesus is willing to carry that weight doesn't mean it isn't horrible to make him to do so.

Rodrigues was fucked anyway, though, because if he didn't sin wasn't because he was pure of heart but because he was too arrogant to do so, so in his case sinning to save those people helped him because it forced him to accept Jesus' help.

It's such a complex movie. Truly Scorsese's masterpiece.

inoue

google says that was Issey ogata

Shinya was Mokichi

damn im blind

muslims are allowed to lie to unbelievers, renouncing their faith wouldnt bother them if it somehow furthers their agenda.

right that's generally what i took away from the film as well, i just suck at wording it.

Aren't Jews allowed to lie to nonbelievers too?

taqiyya is only permitted in a few branches of Shia Islam. the vast majority of muslims have never even heard of it

probably. Christianity is somewhat unique when it comes to publicly renouncing faith due to the nature of Jesus death (which christians believe was voluntary in nature) and the story of Peter denying Jesus after the crucifixion.

denying faith is allowed in pretty much all of Islam.

christians have a torture fetish and the only REAL christians are the ones on the rack with hot pincers in their muscles :^)

if it didn’t star andrew garfield i would have probably watched it

source?

I thought that was a good film until the priests decided to become rebels. I loved the soundtrack

I took a much different understanding away from the film which may or may not be intentional. To me, the film affirms the Gnostic standpoint that organized religion and most of the politics on this planet is inherently bad and that both are merely tools to enslave and control the masses.

I mean think about it, we have these catholic priests who spend every day worrying in fear about what God is going to do to them. And then there's cucked Liam Neeson in this movie, who realized way too late that he never should have become a priest. I think the point of Liam Neeson's character is to show that this type of oppression is as old as man, passed down through the ages.

In this film, there is no divine intervention. No miracles, nothing. The people with power do whatever they want. An extremely sobering experience.

Anyone seen the 71' version? The director's other film Himiko was alright.

>>the portuguese would literally give warlords weapons in exchange for converting the populace

Don't forget, during a civil war, hoping the winning faction would then become another subject of the church.

This is tremendously incorrect.

>"...The Prophet said, 'If a Muslim discards his religion, kill him.' "
Sahih Bukhari (52:260)

>"Saith Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
Sahih Bukhari (84:57)

>"The Messenger of Allah said, "If someone changes [from Islam], then strike off his head."
-al-Muwatta of Imam Malik (36.18.15)

Etc, etc.

At least Jesus tells the story of the Prodigal son, who came back and was embraced with open arms and lavished upon.

dude, sounds perfect. How I never heard of this movie?

... islam?

Taqiyya.

It even won The Palme d'Or.

Are there any Christianity equivalents of The Burmese Harp? Allies or axis is fine

>MFW MUSLIMS TRY THEIR SHIT NEAR ME

good movie

>it's not so bad here, they gave me a hot young wife to fuck

>and you can fuck her too after I die! its a pretty sweet deal, brah

honestly if someone offered me a free gf, a job, and celebrity status and all I had to do was trample on a picture of my god I don't think I could refuse

>honestly if someone offered me a free gf, a job, and celebrity status and all I had to do was trample on a picture of my god I don't think I could refuse

>t. muhammed al-muhammed