Doom Patrol: Director's Cut #1 storytime

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/03/29/gerard-ways-doom-patrol-cancelled-6-now/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hot damn, I need to reread this

Do you think they're gonna hide some stuff in here that's referenced later in the main comic? Seems like something they'd do.

There's some sanitization/redaction in the script at the end.

God damn it. I didn't know this was coming out and I'm out-of-country from my LCS.

>Nobody

wink wink

how actually has doom patrol been so far anyways

Wait a second. Shelly Bond? Wasn't she fired a few years back? Good to see her around then

>how actually has doom patrol been so far anyways
Pretty good.

Good. First three issues explained everything that was weird (excepy Terry). Worst thing is that it can't seem to keep its schedule. Issue #5 came out last week, and the entire arc should have been done by now

She helped Way set up and get Young Animal off the ground.

April 29th sees the release of Doom Patrol #6 by Gerard Way and Mike Allred – even though it should have been out in February.

There are serious delays with the comic, by Gerard Way and usual lead artist Nick Derington. As a result, DC Comics has cancelled issue 7, 8 and 9 of Young Animal‘s lead title, though plans to resolicit them at a later date.

The earliest it could be is July so either way, Doom Patrol #6 will be the last issue you get for some time.

Shit, this script is spoiling issue #5 stuff if you have't read it yet

Pretty neat that I realized who was in each panel on this reread, before the Script confirms what's going on.

God fucking damn it. Either the artist is slow, or Way is overthinking the book too much. Way's Cave Carson has been pretty consistent (although I don't care for it), but at least Shade (with lowest sales) hits every target

>Flintstones is ending
>Doom Patrol is on hiatus

DC, you're losing me fast

The delays probably come from Way biting off more than he can chew, he's writing what, two other books for YA? and is also the label's editor, I think.

>Mike Allred
fucking hell this just keeps getting better and better, hope he becomes the regular in the next arc.

Also, how is the rest of Young Animal?

>>Also, how is the rest of Young Animal?
Shade is pretty good.

FUCK YOU WAY YOU EMO FAGGOT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERREEEEE

I love Shade and DP, but Cave and Mother Panic aren't quite doing it for me. Mother Panic does have a pretty good art showcase, as different people have been drawing each arc. Something about Cave's writing bugs me and I can't quite place it. The art is nice, but kind of hurts my eyes.

Anybody looking forward too young animal bug Revival.

The end

This "now that we're almost done the first arcs" was hilarious at the start of the month when only Shade had actually finished.

Thanks Preacher, I might track this down. Good to see that there is apparently something special about Casey's cat

>Thanks Preacher
You welcome user.

Are directors' cuts comics ever different?
I always glance at the first couple pages and go "looks the same I'm out".

Oh fuck.

This one actually includes the script with editors notes at least

thanks OP

Maybe giving a musician with only a marginal relationship with comic book writing his own imprint to lead was a bad idea...

>There are serious delays with the comic, by Gerard Way and usual lead artist Nick Derington. As a result, DC Comics has cancelled issue 7, 8 and 9 of Young Animal‘s lead title, though plans to resolicit them at a later date.

>The earliest it could be is July so either way, Doom Patrol #6 will be the last issue you get for some time.

why can't it be mother panic that's having the issues

I think MP is having issues, which is there's a new dude doing 4-5-6, then someone else different for 7-8. I think Way wants DP to be constantly consistent, because the different art in MP has totally changed the tone of the book

What the fuck? This comic is one of the only ones I actually buy, and with the first arc tidied up it can finally get off the ground.

Sad. But I can at least appreciate the...what would Way be, the spiritual leader? I know he's not the EIC, of YA to step down first before the others get canned.

This

Yes, thankfully, they gave it to a musician who has worked at DC, has succesful comic work under his belt and is a better writer than a musician (MCR was the better band of the 00s "emo" boom but that's like being a gold medallist in the paraolympics)

>throwing away the entire gyro
what did he mean by this?

>Final Heaven

Cool.

>the lion was his sidekick

Nice.