We predict the exact death of the Star Wars franchise. As of 2017...

We predict the exact death of the Star Wars franchise. As of 2017, the end is not exactly near as you know in your heart of hearts that Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi is going to make well over billions and billions of dosh. Enough money to keep Disney funded for quite some time. With rumors of a possible long hiatus except Episode IX which is set to release sometime during summer 2019. How would this franchise die? Is over saturation still an option despite knowing that Disney is probably well aware of this thus leading to a potential hiatus before they can start profiting from it again? Will we even see the complete death of Star Wars in our lifetimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_galactic_history/Legends
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_Universe
disney.wikia.com/wiki/Leia_Organa/Relationships
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remember when Star Wars was just three movies?

bump
it's hard to forsee these things
maybe a national tragedy or war or something would make us not as interested in fantasy space movies
or maybe time will just ease everyone's appetite for mindless star wars flicks

This franchise will die by merely existing past it’s welcome. Which was only really the numbered films. Creating another MCU will only cause fatigue in your average “let’s take the family to see a movie” kind of filmgoers...

No one wants to see the $15 million dollar Star Wars movie.. jk everyone would see the story of a cantina owner or any other glorified fan film... but everything (until this franchise wears out its welcome again) will be directed towards the wrong nostalgia-wanting crowd... rather then something that can tell a fantasy story, in Hawaiian-shirt sci fi.

Star Wars will actually become the most popular pop culture franchise of this entire century. It already is, but it's only getting bigger and I can't foresee anything surpassing it.

it died in the only way that matters in 1999

>well over billions and billions of dosh
Are you brainless?

Prequels didn't kill it and you think successful Disney movies will?

Hardcore fans may hate it but mainstream will still see the movies and buy stupid merch.

It will die down, i expect the Han Solo movie will be the first Star Wars movie to do poorly at the box office

Though that's only because the lead actor is shit

the upcoming violent riots all across Europe?

The funny thing is: movies like Indiana Jones and Star Wars ended the Golden Age of Hollywood (movies like Apocalypse Now)

we can only hope
god damn that movie is gonna be fucking weak.

I agree but please stop posting like a retarded nigger

oh well i'm glad we agree
and you're well on your way to making a new friend, too with the courtesy you've displayed in your post!
be real, you're going to see the han solo movie, right? i bet you fucking are. i dare you

No. I decided no more disney wars after tfa. You should read the plagueis book user, its great.

Not but i woud rather read Legends stuff. Fuck Disney

Give tales from jabbas palace a try

How much longer before Disney introduces a new set of films that are non-canonical based off of Legends?

I know they wouldn't pass up the opportunity to suck up more money from fans, particularly the diehards.

I can actually foresee this happening in the future.

The Main Saga Films
The Anthology Films that Support the Main Saga Films
The Non-Canonical Films Based on Star Wars Legends.

The only Legends story I cannot see them making is the Thrawn trilogy and that is only because people might get confused since it conflicts with The Force Awakens trilogy.

ok thanks

it would not surprise me
but i read that the Star Wars Legends Universe is gone

End of Time
The Heat death of the Universe occurs, thus destroying the universe.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_galactic_history/Legends

I heard the Thrawn trilogy was good
I actually have the 1st book, never got around to reading it

What book was this a part of? Also, you are aware that scientists now believe that the Big Bang was a reaction to the previous dying universe, right? The heat death isn't the end of the universe since there is bound to be another Big Bang that starts it all over again.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Heat_death_of_the_Universe

>star wars
>dying
>implying it won't all be remade all.over again after the next trilogy ends

The Last Jedi will flop.

>"a star wars story"
is it even possible to get any more infantile or gayer?

That's not much of an article and it was only mentioned in one book? That's not really a good indentation to say it happened.

Adding to my post, can't you imagine 35ish years from now Disney will be releasing a remake of episode 7 and Daisy Ridley is cast in the old Leia role.

>disney marketcap in 2005 is 51 billion
>pixar+lucasfilm+marvel acquired for 18 billion
>current disney marketcap is 161 billion
they could write off these companies for shits and giggles and still
continue to make money by swallowing other companies. They're
currently courting fox and everyone knows paramount will be next

Why would Disney want to remake their own movie when they could probably get some nostalgia bucks from a Master Rey?

courting? I'd say the mouse is balls deep in rupert's boipussy by now

The day Lucas sold it to Disney
or When RLM's Plinkett review of the prequel trilogy got to reddit

dear god. paramount and disney!??? Does that mean we will see a star trek and star wars crossover?????

I read them almost 20 years ago but enjoyed them a lot at the time. Go for it.

>over saturation
Has this killed off superhero movies?

>Daisy Ridley is cast in the old Leia role.
My guess is that after 9 we'll never see her again.

If you want to kill the Mouse, slash intellectual property laws. That's what's been keeping Disney unstoppable for so long. Void the trademark on all their old stuff. Set a hard 50 year limit on copyright.

Cade is such a retarded name for a Skywalker. I love how Disney just stole the whole Jacen and Jaina scenario to where I see those two characters as just being Ben and Rey in the Legends universe. Sadly, the Legends universe doesn't have cutie Daisy Ridley.

>boipussy
Kill yourself faggot

Han Solo had no reason to name his son Ben. It just rymes to Han with is stupid. And just rehashed Darth Caedus

Han Solo had no reason to name his son Ben. It just rhymes to Han which is stupid. And just rehashed Darth Caedus

Try that again in english

here

I read an article in the le gamer magazine my gf is subbed to that was about exactly that so it's not an entirely shocking idea. JJ is on both, and one of them already involves fucked up timelines and wormholes.
Not to mention that it's implied in canon that the star wars galaxy is andromeda.

The first movie in the next trilogy, so around 2021

GNA SOlo had no reason to maem his hson ben., it just ryhmaes ahn whichl is stupidf ansd jest resahaded darth ceadus

fuck off

Is it just me or is their no hype for this movie?

Obviously, Luke had some influence being Han's wife's brother, and why do you assume it was Han that named him? It was most likely Leia, you retard.

There is a shit load of advertisements and hype. Unless you're referring to the Han Solo movie then the hype will come next year much like it did for Rogue One.

>hype
No

disney.wikia.com/wiki/Leia_Organa/Relationships

read this retard

I’m talking about Episode VIII. I haven’t even seen a trailer yet. I just remember last time Daisy Ridley’s face was plastered everywhere

Step outside of your little Sup Forums bubble, bud. Hype isn't defined by what some alt-right hipsters declare it to be.

And where does it imply that she couldn't have named him?

why should she? she didn't know him personally. It made more sense that Luke named his son Ben in Star Wars Legends

Will a star wars movie ever beat Avatar or Titanic at the box office?

The answer is "no".

You don't name your children when they are born, Anonymous?

I'm pretty sure The Force Awakens already did that, brah.

i mean Leia had no reason to name her son Ben. Luke should name his son Ben (if he has one in the new canon)

Manufactured media excitment isnt something to be proud of. It will crack a billion and normalfags will say its the best one for a couple of weeks after it comes out. It wont beat tfa, my family doesnt care about it. No one at work is talking about it. Its not an event any more. The magic is gone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films

>rank: 1; peak: 1
>rank: 1; peak: 1
>rank 3; peak: 3

And that's all it'll ever be.

Lfmao you wish disneyfag

No? Im not fucking 40

So you're telling me that Leia wasn't present or close to her newborn baby and that her and Han waited to name him?

>i mean Leia had no reason to name her son Ben.
Sure she did. Luke was her brother and Ben Kenobi was special to Luke. She probably named him for Luke. This isn't that uncommon, but then again, I don't expect folks on Sup Forums to have any experience with family life. Some people are named after ancestors that they would have had no relation to nor their parents had any relation to. Out of all the shit to bitch about regarding the new continuity it has to be this? C'mon now.

That is why you fail

>ancestors that they would have had no relation to nor their parents had any relation to.
What did he mean by this?

>my family doesnt care about it.
Implying you have a family, Anonymous.

> No one at work is talking about it.
Implying you have a job, Anonymous.

fucking every day, you guys realize star wars isn't as homogeneous as you think, every novel, is written by a different author with full creative control, every movie is written and directed by different people, and before you bring up your focus group conspiracy theory, the fact that lord and miller got fired shows the amount of creative control they allowed. saying """"me no liek disney wars cause tfa""" is as general a statement as saying you will never watch any film because of tfa. fucking blind fanboys.

Exactly what it sounds like, you retard. Parents sometimes name their children after ancestors that the parents wouldn't have even known or even family friends. I have a low average IQ and even I was able to understand that shit.

by the time rotj came out, there was already heaps of spin off novels and comics, in fact the first star wars comic came out before the first movie.

>author with full creative control
Wrong

Fuck off back to r/starboys

>no relation
>ancestors

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK MOVIES GET MADE
you think bob igor single handedly writes every fucking script i swear this is a fucking meme.

>. I have a low average IQ
Oh it shows user.

no less creative control than they had in the EU.

George had it right with generation based releases. That is how Star Wars is supposed to work. Disney is already betraying that philosophy and will continue to do so, so Star Wars will go the same way as any generic pop culture fad and be worn to the bone until there's nothing left, then be tossed aside forgotten for eternity.

but Disney is making generational films with the ST, the anthology films are on the level of the clone wars, was George betraying the philosophy with that, or was he betraying the philosophy with the EU

It doesnt matter you were still wrong.

And then lo, did Zahn appear, and the Canon was renewed with the True Episode VII. For he was Heir to an Empire, and named he Coruscant and it was good. All hope was rekindled anew in 1991 and only dashed when the traitorous Disney erased all that was wrought by the True EU. Star Wars will never die, for what is Star Wars now is but a glib facsimile. The EU lives in all True fans (except Chewbacca because he got a moon dropped on his shit). Repent and embrace the Truth.

what do you think of zahns new thrawn novel.

Fuck nuwars and fuck you cuck.

so timothy zahn is automatically a bad author for publishing a novel after the disney acquisition, if he is such a terrible author there is no way his old novels can be good.

this

its more Disney rehashing things from the old EU

I don't read false editions. What's dead may never die, but lives within us all. Disney can never touch that which is True for in death it is immutable. No SJW can ever alter what is True, for what is True is dead. The life we give it is greater than the illusion of the Disney universe.

Nothing against zahn, he has to eat. Doesnt mean im going to pay for it. Disney thrawn and his pupils can fuck off.

Youre the type of faggot whos never read a book. Kill yourself.

so you have read zahns new thrawn novel

i think Star Wars Old Republic is one of the few Star Wars Legends stories that are continued. Or do you know Star Wars Legends comics/books that have new volumes?

the MMO Star Wars Old Republic

you fucking blind fanboys, can't you judge something on its inherent qualities instead of devoting all your opinions to hating a company because that's just the done thing on a fucking chinese imageboard. i don't even think star wars is fucking high art, i just think disney is continuing it at the same quality it always is. if you want to argue about fucking quality why don't you watch a real fucking movie, instead of some 50 year old garbage for children.

Star Wars The Clone Wars is shared by both continuities. So things that were inspired by the Legends universe when that series initially aired is canon in the new continuity. Unfortunately, that only means things like the Night Sisters, Darth Maul, and Darth Bane plus the rule of two.

Careful, you might not get that 5 cents deposited in your account with this shillpost, shillboy. Getting a little feisty there.

Darth Maul appears in Star Wars Rebels so he is canon

you fucking star wars fanboys are all the same, they need to fucking ban starshit from this board

ups i misread your post

And Darth Maul appears in Star Wars Rebels because they brought him back from the dead in Star Wars The Clone Wars. The same goes for the other characters from that series that appeared like Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex.

its been dead to me for a very long time

DAE sick of star wars, upbvote

no

you are right

How was Captain Rex even alive when the clones had accelerated aging? Shouldn't he have passed away a long time ago?

he is around 30 but he looks 60.