Heathers

Why don't they make films like this today?

Or could they even be made today?

Bump. No way this film could get made today, so someone on this board has got to appreciate it

They do, they just get more and more sanitized as time goes on (I doubt they could make another "Mean Girls" in 2017)

ESKIMO

You know they are remaking it right? They released a teaser already

Meet the Applegates bombed.

But I think they're doing a TV show of this. Wonder if they'll include the suicide theme.

>They do
Name one that says the word "fag".

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT THE HEATHERS IN THE REBOOT ARE A GAY BOY, A NIGGER, AND A FATASS

HAND-PICKED FOR DIVERSITY POINTS

Both Stranger Things and It used the word "fag". And both times in acceptable contexts.

Heathers, Clueless, and Mean Girls are the quintessential 80s/90s/00s time capsules of bitchy girl cliques.

It's terrible, user. I hope the few who read this thread will see the light of day and watch the original.

Wait wait wait...there actually IS a remake of this movie in the works? And it starts a
>GAY BOY, A NIGGER, AND A FATASS
???? Christ.

i think it's tv show though.

Still, that's bad enough. Hell, I can even see an update with a bitchy gay guy and one of the chicks being black but a FATASS??? That makes zero sense. The Heathers intimidate girls, and nobody on Earth worth their salt is intimidated by a fat woman.

Heathers isn't THAT obscure

Besides, it's too good to just die

I was being a little overly dramatic maybe but I’m also 100% correct.

>Besides, it's too good to just die
Without Winona, it should.

jesus Christ

>Heathers
>I wouldn't fuck any of them

Those aren't real Heathers. Is the show's Veronica a fucking down syndrome beauty pageant runner up or something?

That catchy language full of witty rhymes that they use in that movie could never be emulated today. It would just be too weird and it wouldn't feel pseudo-surreal like it did in Heathers.

Mean Girls is a great spiritual successor, though, especially when it came to the "this is slightly too surreal for me to believe it's real, but it's also too real for me to disbelieve it entirely" aspect, but it lacked the dryness.

Whoever made that should be sent to the popcorn mines

I don't recall this, and I watched both seasons.
>could never be emulated today
I think the context and specific vocabulary couldn't be made today.
>it lacked the dryness
In some ways.

It seems a lot of y'all really like this movie and probably wish you could watch it for the first time again. Well be jealous because I'm about to watch it for the first time hope it's as good as you faggots claim it is.

Good luck

Either this movie is going to be BASED as fuck, or Slaydawg's character is just going to be a metaphor for cishet white men oppressing people... Either way, how do you justify replacing the pretty carbon-copies-of-each-other popular girl clique with literal freaks? Probably will still watch it since it's guaranteed to be a shitshow.

>I love my dead gay son

That part of the plot was pure excellence
You know that sort of thing must happen irl all the time

I want to watch it for the first time again because it was with a girl I had a crush on who said I reminded her of JD...

watch i-Be Area, you're gonna have a blast

I wish you could too user btw who's JD?

Christian Slater

God tier high school movie
Idk if any others reach god tier, too lazy to make a chart, even for (You)'s

>i-Be Area
What is wrong with you?

>i-Be Area
what do you mean pal

Heathers is degenerate

Blonde Heather was gay for Winona Ryder, right? Also, the funeral scene cracked me up then that kid saw them laughing and I felt bad.

>i-Be Area

t. Sup Forumsbabby

How so? It names the cause explicitly

Heathers 2017
>rich white girls bully all the trans/gay/minority kids into suicide
>they get into trouble for shaming Martha dumptruck
>Christian Slater with the gun is now an NRA Trump nut who likes to shoot up schools
>Black Lives Matter saves the day
I thank God that I grew up in a time when movies were movies.

>omg guys remember a time when everything reflected me and my community specifically and now all these stupid minorities are having movies made about them?? How will our culture survive this?

Gtfo and grow up. Gays, fatties, blacks etc have always been excluded from the narrative. That's started to change. If you wanna critique something shit all over it for a reason different than muh pc culture. Get on with the times grandpas.

Heathers 2017: The Optimistic Interpretation

>JD wears a WRATH T-shirt under his trench coat
>They forge a suicide note on an audio tape, but the ghost audio of the shitty song already on it is misinterpreted by the adults
>When one of the Heathers die, they get propped up as an absurd martyr for minorities

None of this (or anything subversive whatsoever) will actually make it in

Do girls really say this?

Guy that's watching it for the first time here. Is this movie where Eminem got mom's spaghetti from?

This thread = How very

>Doesn't this cafeteria have a no fags allowed rule?

I thought this too last year when I first watched this movie. I was thirsty for another movie just like it, but there aren't any. It's really fucking good.

i know the first three numbers.

spring breakers

>reminded her of JD...
Thats how i got my first girlfriend