I just got accepted into FILM STUDIES at UCL!!!!!

Can't wait to write essays about Batman v Superman to my professors.

CORE MODULES
>Moving Images: Technology, Forms, Receptions
>Reading and Research Films

OPTIONAL MODULES
>Ancient Rome on Film
>Film Exhibition
>Genre in Italian Cinema
>Hollywood Genres
>How to Make an 8-Minute Documentary
>New Argentine Cinema
>Nordic Cinema: Contextualising Dreyer, Bergman and Dogme
>Political Cinema
>Russian Cinema: Epochs and Genres
>Spanish Film
>The French New Wave
>The Idea of Documentary
>Theories and Practices of Film
>Global Cinemas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9eVrFTKpwt4
gsas.harvard.edu/programs-of-study/all/film-visual-studies
youtube.com/watch?v=WmE0uYwaGT0&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thats great my dude

Why the fuck would you pay 25 grand a year to listen to people less educated than even Sup Forums talk about film?

Proud of you user! You're my star of the day

A very expensive movie ticket

Nice college

>Genre in Italian Cinema
>The French New Wave
>The Idea of Documentary
>Theories and Practices of Film
only courses that sound interesting.

enjoy your entire career of debt

youtube.com/watch?v=9eVrFTKpwt4

>writing essays about Superman v Batman
You'll be writing essays about feminism in film and why more brown people need to be represented with a vibrating buttplug that gets turned on when you need a lesson in tolerance or you get the answer right.

No one is sat next to the muslim and the black is eating fast food.

Congrats OP!

No one sits near muslims because who would risk to be blown up in thousand pieces? Better safe than sorry.

many congrats

>keeping out of the blast radius
Well, I'll be damned, some niggers are smart after all

Welcome to minimum wage retail!

>Can't wait to write essays about Batman v Superman to my professors.
You're the same LARPer that posted that "Hey guys I'm going to show my 7th grade class BvS to teach them about symbolism" aren't you

Just confess, gaylord. I didn't believe you then. I do not believe you now.

the black? could you be a little bit more respectful?

my wife hates when people talk about her boyfriend like that

>OP in three years' time

cool beans

>going to film school
>not going to movies

>I was allowed to spend a ton of money on things I can learn from youtube videos
Sad!

this
He'll be writing essays about Get Out and why it's the most important piece of socially aware cinema since Barber Shop

>actually volunteering to throw yourself into tens of thousands and possibly hundreds of dollars of debt

Awesome! Is that a Masters or in Undergrad? And I'm not American/Bong but UCL is University College London right?

t. Sat at home doing nothing and now has no qualifications

I’ll have a double macburger with extra fries please

What is even going on at US universities?

>going to film school
>when you could go to flicks

>qualifications
come on, undergrad degrees are barely worth the paper they're printed on, and that's not even mentioning something stupid like film studies
t. recent graduate

>going to film school
>when you could just come here and shitpost

what do you do with a degree in film studies?

I was accepted for English Literature once. Then I dropped out because I can't handle the reading load and the job prospect. Not my happiest experience.

I really don't understand. If you actually want to learn about any of those things (why) you can just Google it for free. Modern university is such a scam.

Fuck up my order at the drive-thru

How's that working for you?

>not spending the money on a good camera instead to make short movies with

You know this is the best way to become a movie director if thats what you want

I hear this all the time but where I live, good companies go to colleges to offer jobs which otherwise you'd have to hustle a lot to get.

Yes, but it's an opportunity to meet the directors of the future, allowing one of your class makes it in Hollywood, and having a piece of paper that says that you've invested time and money and passion into film, which is a must for your internshuips at Big studios, which from there you build a career on.

starts with j and ends with ews

They worth as much as your university's name.
It's not our fault you didn't go to Oxford or Cambridge, user.

Joy, partying, but also coupled with intense studying ensuring a future generatuon of well read graduates who will carry the country into prosperity and make into the news?

That's what you meant?

my my my aren’t we a bit flustered

sometimes i feel like i would want to just for the social aspect, but yeah seems like a waste of time.

>Hello I would like to work for the BBC!
>What qualifications do you posses, xir?
>I have a degree in film studies from the UCL and worked on this and that project for company x as part of my studies.
or
>I read about stuff on the internet and jack off to animé waifus.

Good thinking. Better just spend your life posting pictures of frogs on a children's website.

Of course something like film studies is useless but just saying every undergrad is useless because you went to a shit course/uni is just bitter

>mfw did film studies degree but didn't get an internship

What now?

>muh strawman
I'm a 3D artist in vidya though and you're just a student

i dont save any picture from or for Sup Forums

>wanting to work at BBC
>being white

pick one

Fudged up my dude. Advertising firms usually happy to take in ppor fuckers like you though, allowing you know how to man a camera or whatever the technical parts or whatever. Good luck.

Hole up you telling me I'm in a thread with white boys?
Where muh cinephile niggas at?

Congrats, I left my film studies course after 6 months after I realised what a massive waste of my life it was - it will not help you in the slightest.

Wouldn't creating Sup Forumss BLACKED threads count as a qualification for that?

Well, it will help you in the slightest, because it's a nationally-recognised qualification. Coupled with an internship/experience/networks, these people will get jobs, and you won't.

But they're all anonymous. How will the BBC know you're not just a cunny poster masquerading as BLACKED patrician?

Spend your money wisely, OP. Go learn something useful.

>these people will get jobs
FUCKING KEK

There are janitors on film productions that have a higher chance of making it than these retarded cunts.

This is why we need post IDs.

I went Harvard to do mine

they have more prestigious programme

gsas.harvard.edu/programs-of-study/all/film-visual-studies

>nationally recognised qualification

It's a micky mouse degree, everyone knows that

>internship/experience/networks

I got those without paying for another 2 1/2 years tuition

>these people will get jobs

Actually almost all of them won't get jobs past admin. I left and started working as a cameraman almost immediately.

It's truly a waste of your time and money.

If you had the option to choose which one would you pick?

Math major in a good college(or compsci with math minor) or film studies in a good college?

>Coupled with an internship/experience/networks

Good luck man. Go out and make some kinos.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Congratulations user (unironically) though I do look forward to you getting keked at by colleagues for liking BvS

Let me guess, you didn't go to college because it's leftwing brainwashing and for no other reason

i did half a semester at film school and then dropped out and told the lecturers you could learn everything necessary after the first course on using cameras/lighting/sound

they agreed and got me work with a studio

so my tip is to be an asshole

i eventually left and got a law degree and became a lawyer because nepotism rules the film industry and it is not a meritocracy

So you started working as a camera man how? Are you self-taught? And the production crew was cool that you have zero relevant qualifications? Serious question.

For film, isn't location the most important factor though? Harvard is great, but it's a plane ride away from Hollywood, while it's at the foot of Berkeley, so having any interview for internships must suck. Same as how LSE > Oxford for finance because LSE is in the City, and Oxford not.

As much as it works out for anyone who wastes their money.

Won't happen for most of these morons and completely worthless. Oh man, I can't wait to start my unpaid internship where I showcase how totally clueless I am to everyone around me who's actually had jobs holding cameras before!

you're right, but i'm not interested in making films.

I just did it because its my passion. I'm writing some books about film theories atm.

>Implying I'm white cuckboi

They're worthless at ivy leagues too, you just make connections.
t. Wealthy family

Yeah dude my resume has nothing on it but googling film topics and now I'm the fucking ceo of disney fuck off

Why would anyone choose film studies if they're smart enough for a math degree?

I did go to college, even before it was more of a re-education commie tank that it is today.
At the end of the day, it's stupid people feeling smart because they got a piece of paper with a gold star on it. A license to treat the working poor like shit because they were too lazy to study and not because they knew life was a fucking retarded pissing contest for those who got left behind when you were still shoving power ranger dolls up your ass.

>Hello I would like to work for the BBC!
>what experience do you have?
>i spent 3 years of my life learning about Russian Cinema: Epochs and Genres
>i spent money learning this

Well of course it'd be a waste with that attitude.

Alright well good luck in that. Harvard is supah fancy so congrats there.

I for one never went into film school, I went into film!

The only module I enjoyed was the camera one.

I got involved with someone I knew who did it himself, self taught and is very successful at it and rented out equipment and did local jobs and went from there.

>zero relevant qualifications

It quite literally, did not ever come up. People assume you're more than a hobbyist and you learn all the relevant techniques very quickly.

Curious user how old are you?

>>i spent 3 years of my life learning about Russian Cinema: Epochs and Genres
>them: yes, ok, because where is the proof you actually did that, and what were your grades?

Do a real degree
Make movies on your spare time

>Great! We are looking for someone to research for our BBC4 russian programming season.
>hired
>network
>get better jobs
>become head of russian programming service
>meet putin

>real degree
Good goyim

I am thinking about buying this camera, look at the fucking quality.
My plan is to make some short movies, so i have something to show for when im at job interviews. Also its hella fun to just explore around with

youtube.com/watch?v=WmE0uYwaGT0&t

>Oh man, I can't wait to start my unpaid internship where I showcase how totally clueless I am to everyone
That's a given in an internship though. Why do you think they're unpaid? They train you for a month, and you're only useful to them the next month up.

What would a pure math guy do other than being a prof?

>this is what kids actually believe
>they believe companies give two shits about trash degrees let alone your grades

>Make movies on your spare time
Not OP but you'll never really make it in a creative field if you're not all in.

Most of them work at Wall Street

Every college ad is like this, they have to pander to every demographic.

>let alone your grades
There are fucking programs that weave through CVs and put those with GPAs less than 3.5 at the door mate. Yes, it's important. Internships more so though.

I left film to get a real job cause theres no money in it. A little while ago I inherited $800k and now working and money don't really matter. I think I'm gonna write again.

Underrated

>tfw communist shits took away my birthright to mistreat the poor
>now I have to put money and effort into getting a permission to mistreat them
Fucking commies....

writing on Sup Forums doesnt count

I'm in HR. Vibrant personalities, connections and experience are weighted exponentially higher than these degrees. We know how easy they are to attain and it's obvious by the quality of applicants we get with them.

>film studies is a qualification
You're baiting right? I thought people only took that course on the side because it's fun. You're not majoring in it and trying to get a job with it, right?