10 Cloverfield Lane

Just marathoned this film. Was he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

The ending ruined the whole film.

>the future of Riley and MEW

call me a recluse will ya?

>save people and give them food+ shelter
>they scheme to kill you

Ungrateful apes.

>i just MARATHONED a film

Honestly, I enjoyed it. To cut to black right as she sees the alien ship would be cliche at this point. The blowing up the ship was a bit over the top, but I'm not complaining i thought it was a very cool sequence

I've never seen a better example of how a terrible ending can absolutely ruin a film. It was so bad it overpowered the rest of it. Disgusting.

When you didn't ask for such thing and then don't let people leave, it's pretty much kidnapping, plus Goodman's character acts like a madman with a weird fixation with females, she had all the reasons to want to leave

You should rewatch the film because you didn't understand it

Room was much better

I thought it was crazy how it wasn't either "he's a murderer" or "there is an attack"
It was both. just genius honestly.

also, they didn't deserve his generosity. He should've let them out to die.

explain how this movie shares the same universe as the prequel, cloverfeild

t. female

What's there to understand?

>Feels Goodman on the lighter painted side with a light on
>MEW on the darker unpainted side with a light off
>this was the last time they spoke as friends

John Goodman is terrifying in this, legit almost peed myself a couple of times.

He got so close to hamming it up, but never went over the line. Made the movie way more enjoyable than it should have been

He didnt let them leave because there were fucking murderous aliens outside. Mew only got away with it at the end because she had massive plot armor.

By all probabilities her actions would have resulted in a perfectly safe shelter resulting in 3 needless casualties and an alien infestation. But she survived miraculously so its all ok i guess.

extremely underrated actor. It felt like he was in control every second.

Why can't you sympathise with the girl, just because she's a girl? Her point of view makes way more sense than Goodman's

>some gay crashes your car on purpose
>he kidnaps you
>doesn't let you out
>is violent as fuck
>has a weird fixation with girls, the more you dig there the more crazy he sounds

Maybe he was right, but he was crazy and violent, he'd eventually end up killing her anyways. She decided to scape when he killed the other guy over some dumb argument

call me a mediocre director will ya

He was obviously extremely traumatized from the shit he had to deal with knowing the world was getting invaded and his family had been killed.

Like an X-Com veteran with severe ptsd coming back home and saving a couple of random civilians, not knowing if they would turn on him but still wanting to do good and save their lives.

really if anyone is to be looked down on, its Emmett. what a retard, can't he show any initiative at all? once they made up their mind to "tie him up" the smart thing to do would be to do this BEFORE making a suit.

retarded. i mean at least kill the fatman

>fat
>insane
>traps woman in basement

Checks out.

checked

Even more reasons to not want to be near him

This
Fucking shiv him to death and 99% of your immediate problems are over

>killed the other guy over some dumb argument
lmao, you mean when the guy confessed to trying to steal his gun and kill him "so the girl would respect me". i mean COME ON, get a better lie

It's really hard for people here to try to think themselves into another persons situation, i blame it on spending too much time on the internet, you don't need empathy on the web

those quads are a very cool sequence

No, even more reason to calm your tits and learn what the fuck is going on before you flip out on a dude because of some dodgy hints that he had a conflict with other people before.
Didnt even attempt to rape Mew although by all logic she owed him pussy for keeping her alive and comfortable.

Imagine him as Mr plinkett

IMAGINE she walks out, is greeted by cops, and calls Ben sobbing as it fades to black. Is that what you want? Maybe a quick cut to black as soon as she's out, ala Portal? Honestly kill yourself. We need more FILMS with this sort of ambition. Cutting that ending would be the safe, color-by-numbers thing to do

Agreed. I was surprised by how scary he could be.

>she owed him pussy for keeping her alive and comfortable.
kys, in a literal way, kys my """man"""

this.
John Goodman elevates whatever he's in.

A frogposter. Even worse

go back to whatever hole you came from, woman. Its not cool to frogpost

>hating on frogposting
how fucking new are you

how do you marathon just a movie?

"Owed him pussy"
Are u retarded? No, seriously have you ever tought about being socially retarded?
Man i get what you're saying but do you have to say everything you're thinking about?
I get that autism is a meme now but sometimes i really feel like half the internet is full of autistic people

imagine being this new

it's FUCKING hard for a roastie to watch an entire film in one sitting ya know

is t his after ewan fucked her so hard he shattered her leg with the weight of his cock after he pulled out?

imagine being this assblasted

Nothing would have been wrong with going in a direction that is proven to work in narrative, aka the safe option.
Being experimental is almost always going to ruin your movie. The few times it works for your movie, it ends up working so well it becomes a safe option for future filmmakers.

>He didnt let them leave because there were fucking murderous aliens outside.

That means fuck all. Theyre all adults, he didnt have the right to make that call. If they wanted to risk the outside then that was their decision to make you fag.

Cringe

This. They should've ended it right when she sees the alien ship and says "you gotta be fucking kidding me". I would've pulled a typical burger move and clapped.

sorry, that's not how humans operate in practice. yes, there is some culpability to a person who gives a firearm to someone who is suicidal. no, morality doesn't boil down to some basic rule that adults can do whatever they want.

It felt like the movie pulled the point that he actually was a sex pervert murderer out of its ass to justify the other two in being conniving shits throughout the film.
I think it would have been better if it was left ambiguous.

Well, I'm sold. If I ever have the chance to save some folks, I'll pass on that opportunity and look after number one. If it's that or being killed because of their actions afterwards (because the two of them leaving WOULD most likely have drawn attention to the bunker), then obviously you look out for #1, right?

I actually think they wasted an opportunity for an interesting twist. They should have had Emmet burn out to be the nutjob, having been taking advantage of Goodman (who would have been the same outwardly, but the clues actually doubling back to Emmet), and having killed the girl who really was his daughter or niece. This would only be revealed after he drives her to shoot Goodman 'in self defense' and they get into the old house above (no aliens, really, it was Emett fucking with a mentally challenged guy with PTSD, will a looping broadcast or some shit) where they have the usual psycho shakedown scenario.

At the very least I think they should have had a sudden reversal on the Goodman being genuinely the baddie and Emmet being her ally.

>redditors too uncomfortable to remark on the obvious sexual tension present throughout the movie

Dont get your panties in a bunch. This is how man would have behaved for millenia. To his credit Howard refused to indulge. Mew would not have been so lucky in most other survival scenarios with strangers.

it liked it because mew was barefoot for nearly the whole movie

holy fucking yum

Sounds like a much better film, desu. The alien shit was really poorly handled.

Pretty much everything after the hatch was discovered was shit.

What do you mean, “The Pace” ?

T H O T D E T E C T E D

Ending was fine. What ruined the movie for me recently is finding out that MEW is a two-timing whore.

Emmett killed Howard's daughter. He took advantage of that dumb normalfag bitch and Howard's mental state to try and get away with it. Howard had a no touching rule because he was suspicious of Emmett but wasn't sure. Before he kills Emmett and says, "I forgive you" it wasn't in regards to the escape plan but in regards to killing his daughter.
The signs are all there.

Emmett was the true villain and killed Howard's daughter. Emmett knew the shelter well since he built it and locked her in a room only he could access through a vent. He tried to cover up his bullshit but offering to go into the vent but his arm was busted.
The bitch thinking it was Howard was just convenient for Emmett and he rolled with it, you can see him contemplating how to respond to her going UHH MAYBE HOWARD IS KILLER??
The pictures and sweater not making sense contribute to this. See

Digits confirm

The only thing contradicting this is how he lied to Howard before getting shot. Someone with such planning comes up with the DUMBEST lie. Instead of "oh, we're making clothes", he goes "I wanted to steal your gun and for the girl to respect me". WHAT? The only way this makes sense is if he was trying to cover for the girl with his life.
And he wouldn't do that if he was a cold blooded serial killer.

I THINK WE'RE ALONE NOW

This. It's an excellent film until the last 10 minutes.
Abrams is a hack.

the aliens were fine, but the strong womyn thing ruined it

Everyone is in agreement the barrel scene was mega tense yes?

This was better

Prove it

what was his problem?
genuine question

He's fat as fuck so probably diabetic.

Yeah my nipples were erect the entire time

Actually sounds pretty interesting and cool, Riley being a karate nerd might make this film a genuine great one. We'll see.