Explain to me why this is bad?

Explain to me why this is bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nh6Hf5_ZYPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel the same way. The only reason I'd be against it if they were to extend The Simpsons after season 30.

That's what I say. This will push other companies to make better content to survive.

What other companies?

Every other streaming service. Amazon was clamouring for 'the next game of thrones' before that Lord of the Rings news broke.

youtube.com/watch?v=nh6Hf5_ZYPI

Monopoly over 99% of characters in pop culture.

fascism

>people are actually stupid enough not to understand why that is bad

despite the fact that Disney is turning into a monopoly, the movies you will get will always play out the same, look the same, and eventually just be the same level of boring because they're literally just devices for generating money. Since masses eat up generic formulaic movies, actual visions of directors' will be a thing of the past and new ideas won't exist

Pablo, you have to go back

no one really thinks it's bad, just Sup Forums acting like crybabies as usual

>just Sup Forums acting like
Fuck off retarded redditor.

I knew someone would accuse for being from reddit, haha I was expecting it.

because disney is nothing more than an assembly line for bland, paint by the numbers movies, and now fox will be too.

Braindead redditor.

The Jews are taking over

stop

Disney is the epitome of corporate greed and western capitalism. These guys are corrupt as fuck and will do anything to undermine you as long as it lines their pockets.

Are you stupid enough to actually believe this?

>THEY DON'T SUCK CORPORATE COCK LIKE WE SMART PEOPlE DO
>YAY XENOMORPS VS CAPTAIN MERICA POW POW WEEE SO FUN

>BUGS NO SCARE ME NO MORE
>HULK SMASH SPACEBUG
>SPOODAMAN GOES "THAT WILL LEAVE A MARK" LOL HAHA :^)

Ok guys its all fun and games, but stop bullying already, lets have a civilized conversation why does one company holding the rights to almost every american icon is a bad thing ? don't you think that, hang on a sec

Almost all the big companies of entertainment are owned by jews.

curptrate cunsolidashion and nomopoly gud!! disne buy fox gud!! americaman battle with xman BIIMMM WOOOSHHH!! i ask santa after disny buy sonee too, dedpool with venoom WAMMM HEHE... i want kno who strongg mor!! and den buy warenr!! avenge and jushtig lig OHHHH...BIG FIGHT.... very amaze... only one movee studeeo in wolrd... i luv da disnee supereos clabclabclab

It's time to end the retard-wojack spam. Report all retard-wojacks as "rule violations" which they are (shitposting outside of Sup Forums), do not respond to retard-wojacks, do not post your own.

Please take 10 seconds of your time to contribute to the end of the latest low-effort stupidity to flood our boards. Thank you.

Oh lord...

Burp
Where was i ? oh yeah, bisney moobi gud you no cry or else ur rebbit

Didn't Walt Disney hate Jews?

Western companies.

Thats before subversive take over.
Now they are the jews.

I always thought that 'Logan' would have been better if it was a blandly shot PG-13 quipfest.

I don’t give a shit about characters personally but I’m not sure I like one company to potentially own a majority share of film distribution. They’re already using the new Star Wars flick to bully theaters with some possibly damaging demands, if they have even more power they’ll swing thier weight around

This man is right, we should end this once and for all, i have high standards for my memes, we should not settle for this low effort garbage that only serves to piss people off

Disney is growing too large. Liquidate the staff and fire their wealth.

Why would they put the name of an antisemitic on their company?

Brand recognition. Shlomo Steinbaum World doesn't have nearly the same ring to it.

All good memes are low effort hon
His lips are just hungry for same you are about to taste.

Because the company isn't the man.

You'd think with all these screechy SJWs trying to change history to point of ridiculousness...

Same reason Ford and Wolkswagen haven't changed their names bud, brand recognition.

I'd think what? Finish your thoughts.

>Why is it bad?

>Looking forward to X-quips 2: Quips united, X-quips 3: The last Quip, Days of Future Quips.....

You know, like what their trying to do with Christopher Columbus.

Yeah i kept re reading his phrase wondering if its my english that is not good enough, it really feels incomplete.

Murdoch is based. He knows Hollywood is on its way out and will spend those tens of billions on buying up more news services.

see That's me.

What're they doing with that tool now?

X-quip Aquipalypse

Good

>X-Men will get a reboot handled by Marvel
>Family guy will finally get cancelled

Bad
>Disney is slowly becoming a monopoly
>PG-13 Deadpool & X-Men
>FX will be shut down (Makers of Archer)
>Bluesky will be shut down (Makers of Ice Age)
>ESPN will get Regional sports rights
>Fox could sometimes fund risky R rated movies, say goodbye to that
>Franchises like Planet of the Apes, Alien, Predator, etc will probably never see the light of day again
>Fox's best show Orville will likely be cancelled for political reasons
>No new King of the Hill season (Might be for the best but still)
>Cameron's new Terminator movie will be made PG-13
>Anastasia's corpse will be dug up to become a Disney Princess

Yeah i wonder why people hate this OP

when was the last time Fox put out a good movie anyway?

Logan, faggot

They better not cancel Orville. It's the only good thing Seth ever made.

The Revenant won best picture

Even when it comes to capeshit, Deadpool & Logan beat Disney soundly, in fact i think one of the reasons Disney is going after Fox now is that they are jealous of Fox's new found success in the capeshit genre

Yup, they say he's rolling so hard in his grave that they use it to power Disney World and Disney Land.

So does this mean Tom Hardy is now canon venom

I know you want this because you want to see Marvel X-men. I kind of get it but Fox owns a lot more IPs than that and given how shit Marvel and Disney movies are lately in general giving them creative control over everything is not cool man.

I don´t give a fuck about the comic based movies, what worries me is that giving Disney control over everything will end criteria diversity on production of all movies.

For example, Fox searchlight could dissapear or, most likely, the criteria for production would change so independant/ low budget movies that usually don´t need to worry about the political shit and usually have som creative freedom could end up suffering.

More production alternatives and criteria are always better than one company deciding everything according to a single criteria. To me this is a priority over "muh marvel X-men"

>haha

Disgusting

Damn Planet of the Apes is in such a good place right now

>will do anything to undermine you
Like what?

explain to me why I should care

Fox the broadcast channel, FS1, and Fox News aren't part of the deal.

Steal your ideas. Sabotage deals you've made. Shit like that.

>western capitalism
>bad

Is there any other sort?

Blackmails theaters and journalists. It already happened

but movies are like that already

>2017
>one big company buys another
>PANIC

>2010
>corporations successfully lobby to remove all checks and balances on the power and influence of corporate entities and the rich, selling the government to the highest bidder
>crickets chirping

Oh God he's serious.

I never said that. I said Disney was the epitome of it. That doesn't mean another corporation can't unseat it and not be a complete shithole.

>Disney is bad I don't want them fucking me in the ass my entire life

>i want another corporation to do that

Oh, so you mean business partners, not me personally. Yeah Disney gets the job done that's for sure.

That's going to happen anyway.

Why not, maybe they'll be gentle.

Disney has been incredibly gentle

This is laughable. It violates anti-trust laws.
If Disney and their company of lawyers can't figure out that the US government will threaten to break up the company, then they don't deserve their million dollar paychecks.
I cannot believe that they did not consider the consequences of such a deal.
Its the governments job to break up monopolies.

Not too me with SW.

I swear by 2050, Disney will replace the world's governments, like something out of Black Mirror.

Can't rouse the Mouse

They may have not made the most advanced developed sequel trilogy, but they certainly made some regular normal Star Wars films that are only potentially offensive because they're nothing special.
Unless you're one of these people who think Disney murdered Kyle Katarn just because they made up a story for an entirely fictional universe that didn't include him.

Um, friend, since 2010 "citizens" (corporations) have owned the US government.

Citizens united.

>business partners
Theaters are barely what you called as partners of disney. It's a harmful relationship similar to marvel comics and comic book stores.

>Fox's holdover on A New Hope will no longer be an issue
>4K unaltered trilogy in theaters and on Blu-ray

>opening fanfare restored to new films

I dunno what camp fall under as I enjoyed TFA as a film, but deplored RO and feel killing Han was one of the single most idiotic decisions in cinematic history. An entire generation and possibly some of another, were raised with him as an icon, and they just shat all over it. Not keen about the way the story is heading either. Would've much rather preferred they killed off the characters in other media and set the trilogy further ahead, revitalizing the franchise after what EU turned into.

>Let's ganble ALL OUR MONEY on producing a single film that MUST overtake the Mouse or else we're just extending our suffering, not relieving it
>while Disney has ALL OUR MONEY in pocket change to give to Robert Downhere Jr. so he says some lines while mugging smugly for the camera

Harrison Ford wanted the character to die back in the 70s so he probably only agreed to do it under the condition that they would kill him off

Han's death isn't a 'waste' of a character, his death in TFA means something because we've lived with him so long. His death is an effective climax to the film and a proper resolution to his character arc, he basically sacrifices himself to give his son another chance. It's a noble thing to do, and it's a good bit more than just some cheap shock moment.
It's not like they aren't making another movie just about him, either. Han hasn't disappeared.

Back to r*ddit.

>Hulk smash Spacebug
>Spider-Man wonders whether it was a distant relative to the spider that bit him
>realizes it might have been its Uncle Ben
>has a complete breakdown

Yeah I know, I just expected more to be honest. We got Poe though and still have Chewie. Finn was alright too. His character was my favorite just because he was so normal compared to everyone else.

Screen this 100% gonna happen

>Twentyfirth

To much power on ones hands.

Lucas has a contract with Disney to not allow them to modify the OT, that means they can't change the Special Editions

I really do enjoy Kylo, and the idea that the Dark Side isn't dealt working for him and he's nearly broken inside trying to piece together his idea of what the Force is. His murder of Han really worked for me. It looks like with TLJ he'll be more correct in his thinking than we've realized.

Can they also not release a cleaned up original version packaged as a bonus feature with the latest special edition? Lucas did it in 2006.

Monopoly is always bad for costumers

Maybe, but Lucasfilm has made it clear they won't do that & i can't see why Disney would care

They already have a 4K version they got from 35mm of the OT, but it's the special edition, i don't think they will do it again