Amethyst not getting any repercussions for this is a good allegory for how the show creates an interesting situation...

amethyst not getting any repercussions for this is a good allegory for how the show creates an interesting situation then does nothing with it

>amethyst not getting any repercussions for this
What kind of repercussions were you expecting? Do you want her to get arrested?

As someone that doesn't watch the show, please explain. I though the fat pink one was Rosa ala the fat kid's mother

>amethyst not getting any repercussions for this
>What kind of repercussions were you expecting? Do you want her to get arrested?
actual tensions between her and steven

Just look at that deer in headlights look, she immediately ran away ashamed and embarrassed after Steven saw her like that, clearly punishment enough.

why would Steven care?

You were expecting something interesting to happen in Steven Universe. That's your problem.

Alright.
Greg fucks Rose, Rose becomes the kid, everyone else (emotionally vacant aliens) has to cope with this grief for the first time in their lives.
Amythest (Rose's friend and rescued ally) looked up to Rose as a motherly friend who was stolen away from her.
Amethyst shapeshifts as Rose to torment Greg after feeling like what happened to her and the Gems was unfair.

Tl:dr Friend 1 hates friend 2 for accidently killing other friend 3 and so shapeshifts into friend 3 to torment friend 2.

Not to mention she made a grand gesture of apology by cleaning out the storage unit.

Nigga, there is an entire episode titled Steven VS Amethyst. Please stop being a total retard.

That makes the purple alien sound like the biggest piece of shit possible. Tormenting the dad by shape shifting into his dead wife? And the kid sees? Wouldn't most normal people out ostracize her from their lives after that?

Why yes.

Not in Steven Universe. Where the fat little faggot forgives everything except trying to dance with his fucked up him/connie transformation.

>traumatizing Steven by taunting his emotionally broken father using the form of his dead mother
>her grand gesture is cleaning their garage
Yeah, that makes up for that.

Let me guess though, she did some really small act to make up for it and because she is such a piece of shit that doing anything selfless is out of character so they just forgave her after that? Possibly in the same episode?

>is a good allegory for how the show creates an interesting situation then does nothing with it
That's not an allegory you stupid motherfucker, it's an example taken directly from the show itself highlighting the situation in question.

Steven isn't normal and this isn't a normal situation.

>Yeah, that makes up for that.

The grand gesture wasn't the garage, E;R. The grand gesture was the picture frame.

Amy's whole issue was that she felt Greg took Rose away from her. The new frame (with a picture of Rose and Greg in it) showed that she let go, and accepted that Rose made her own choice to be with Greg.

>Wouldn't most normal people out ostracize her from their lives after that?
What kind of judgemental assholes do you hang around with?

>Wouldn't most normal people out ostracize her from their lives after that?
No? What kind of oversensitive hell hole are you living in where nobody understands that everyone has a moment of weakness from time to time?

lolno

pink girl and human guy are in love. purple girl is essentially a surrogate daughter for them because she's super immature

pink girl becomes babby steven, purple girl starts latching onto greg super hard because surrogate mommy is gone and surrogate daddy might forget her to care for babby steven

purple girl shapeshifts into pink girl to fuck human guy so he'll keep paying attention to her

>not wanting to see or interact with someone that dressed up as my dad's dead wife and taunted him makes me a judgemental asshole

There is empathy and then there is having a fucking mental disorder. I'm surprised you guys are able to have functioning, healthy friendships with people if you consider behavior like that anything less than fucking abhorrent

so do you want to shit on the show or do you want to discuss this scene?

Both have been done to death by now, though I'd like it if we eventually see Amy's shapeshifting put to more controversial use again.

I wonder if Pearl would try to use Amy's shapeshifting as substitute, or if she'd be frightened and resentful.

Good laugh, have a (you) on me.
Also, Pearl has nearly killed Steven or nearly let him die on multiple occasions.
And yet he reserves a hate boner for Kevin, hm.....

>being such a ln emotionally fragile little bitch that you can't forgive someone for making a mistake
You must get the urge to kill yourself every time someone says something mean to you.

You assume too much of anons on Sup Forums. We're not all well adjusted, sociable normies.

Yeah well people don't normally dress up as my dead relatives and then taunt my family members who loved them.

You literally have a fucking mental. See a counselor and take some medication.

Is there a more autistic group of people than SU fans? Even the fucking pony fags don't have this much disconnect from social norms and they want to cartoon horses.

Wow a conflict was resolved in the same episode it was introduced??!??? That's so crazy!!!!!

>Two anons count as the entire SU fanbase.
I believe everyone in SU that has done something wrong should be brought to justice.
Mainly Pearl.

Annoyingly so.

>Yeah well people don't normally dress up as my dead relatives and then taunt my family members who loved them.
But people DO fight with you and say hurtful personal shit that cuts straight to your core, don't they? Are you telling me you've NEVER had a real fight with a loved one? They don't always end with a big story arc where you both learn from the experience or a giant separation sometimes you just forgive each other and try not to do it again.

Why is this an issue when Amethyst never did anything like this to Greg again for the next four (4) seasons?

Scars cut deep.

I'm just saying it's kind of a stretch to make assumptions about the social skills/backgrounds of an internet subculture. You don't need social skills to partake in any of that.

The other issue is that the ponyfags aren't dealing with remotely complicated subject matter. In pony show friendship always wins but the characters aren't put into particularly nuanced situations.

In both shows the character who makes the mistake apologises. The apology is sincere and thus they are forgiven. Unless you try and dance with someone who doesn't want to. That is rape and unforgivable

>an immature character has a weird meltdown and lashes out at a character who's sensitive and conflict adverse
>the only people aware of said lashing out are said characters and a little kid who doesn't really get what just happened
>character one later awkwardly apologizes and everyone just kind of moves on

Daily reminded that that's exactly how that sort of situation would play out irl and that if you think there should have been a 10 ep arc where everyone shit on Amethyst until she officially Learned Her Lesson you're an idiot

Anyone with an ounce of social nuances can see this situation is a little more complex than that.

True, but Greg should've said something about it.

>"I only watch episodic garbage" the post
Any show that's allowed to have continuity would at least make their damaged relationship a subplot. They don't need 10 episodes of nothing but brooding but there could have been a noticeable difference in how Greg sees Amethyst.

It's just as a concept, it's so malicious and ripe for more material that people want to see this more thoroughly explored, possibly at the cost of making Amethyst and others suffer immensely.

It already happened once before. He's got a large capacity to forgive and forget, probably out of his love for his wife and son.

Love heals all wounds you FAG.

Wound heal, scars fade.

I kind of agree, I think a lot of the characters are kind of boring now compared to s1 now that they're more well-adjusted and wish that we got more eps like Maximum Capacity, I just get annoyed with this generalized obsession with the idea of characters needing to get some sort of official reprimand every time they step out of line that seems epidemic to any sort of cartoon fandom and the idea that that's actually a requirement for good, realistic storytelling

>traumatizing Steven by taunting his emotionally broken father using the form of his dead mother

ALL

WOUNDS

that`s an anticlimactic end

>Pearl tricks Garnet into fusion.
>5 EPISODES NEEDED TO RESOLVE
>Amy does something way worse
>FIXED IN 10 SECONDS

If that's the case, why do Amethyst and Pearl still have such emotional wounds if the events that transpired haven't scarred them?

Or, alternatively, THESE WOUNDS WILL NOT HEAL!

> anticlimactic
And what were you expecting? The entire cast ostacizing Amethyst for years to come? The bolt of divine retribution falling from the sky? Amethyst crawling on her knees begging for forgiveness? Her being haunted by hallucinations of Rose arising from her guilt?
That's how these kinds of situations are resolved IRL most of the times - the shitter apologizes and everyone pretends nothing happened.

It's the second time she did it. The first time it happened, he just kind of awkwardly avoided her when he could for the next decade (you could see it in the way they interacted a few times before this episode). He couldn't really cut them out of his life completely, because he didn't know a damn thing about alien magic and had a magical son.

The small gesture was just her way of saying she'd rather try to move passed it this time instead of letting it drag on for another decade.

Stevem didn't even know what was going on.

he heard enough

Well, it isn't like Greg could do anything and Steven is just that pious.

>If that's the case, why do Amethyst and Pearl still have such emotional wounds if the events that transpired haven't scarred them?
because gems are only healed by rose tears duh

Didn't Amethyst get healed before she did that to Greg however?
Indirect Kiss then Maximum Capacity?

are you quoting JelloApocalypse? I think I remember this word for word

Eh, Pearl has nearly gotten Steven killed several times, fusion raped Garnet, and tried to brainwash Connie into becoming a suicidal child soldier and she never received any long-term repercussions for any of those things. She doesn't even apologize for a lot of the shit things she does.

Exactly, how does this shit fly?

Yes, because you really want another PearlVSGarnet situation here, right? With a (then) 13 year old child...

Reminder that Amethyst/Peridot joke episode?
that's tell you all you need about the show
How Amethyst always win beacuse she is a grassy fatso.

Because Steven is forgiving to a fault.

Except if you ask him to dance cause..... something

>Grassy

Holy fuck you must be a door mat for a living

>"You're able to keep it together during upsetting social interactions? Seek help, you lunatic"

emotionally broken?

>"You're able to keep it together during upsetting social interactions?"

Says the fan of the show where every conflict breaks down into guttural crying

It would have been worse if Amy fucked Greg shaped as Rose.

She was just being a whiny attention whore. She learned her lesson, and she made up with Greg.

>people acting surprised that there are people on Sup Forums who can't handle awkward social situations

Think the fact that half the people who discuss SU haven't even watched it, is the biggest symptom of wasted potential

God, I bet your one of the people who thinks Red is emotionally frail for telling Annie to fuck off

I thought his hatred of that guy was really out of place.

Was it a Zuke episode?

desu i think situations like this in SU are perfect analogies for the feminist mindset
>I FELT BAD OKAY, SO I DON'T NEED TO APOLOGIZE

Not making excuses for her but I think the Gems have trouble empathizing with humans after Rose turned into Steven. Life on earth was more or less her bag, and they went along with whatever she did. Now it's starting to sink in with them that she's not coming back, and they start to blame humans and can't relate to them because their lifespans are so short, their feelings don't really matter. Garnet sees past this, but only out of principle, and she can just retreat within herself to rationalize her apathy.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much but this is especially evident with Pearl, who sees everything she is doing as duty on behalf of a late, unrequited love.

I hate to say this but .... dose pearl really love steven or is she only loveing that part of steven is rose .... pearl to me is not like a mom and she dont love steven for who he is

Pearl has done a lot of shit and hasn't made up for it tho
>Pearl stealing steven and taking him into space/ stealing him away from his father and almost killing them as a result
She didn't receive any repercussions for that
>Pearl letting steven fall in roses scabbard and didn't even bother to help him up as she went to wallow in her own self pity
Didn't receive any repercussions for that either
>Pearl brainwashing connie and teaching her life doesn't matter and that she is only there to protect steven and to be self sacrificing
Hey guess what
No repercussions

Fair enough, I'm just trying to get my head around buddy saying that not getting worked up enough over bullshit means you need to be on meds, like what do you think a psychiatrist's going to prescribe for people who don't freak out sufficiently when they get upset, PCP?

That does seem to be a recurring theme in the show. Pearl nearly kills Steven, Sadie rapes Lars, Steven ruins Ronaldo's relationship, and it all gets swept under the rug because they clearly have no idea what to actually do with the conflicts they set up. Even the more important story arcs gets resolved really poorly, with characters outing OOC or ridiculously stupid. The show seems to like exploring ideas for stories rather then actually executing them.

Nigga, did you even watch that episode? It was a complete bait and switch that had almost nothing to do with a conflict between them. It was strictly an episode about Amethyst and her insecurity rather them the two actually fighting.

what the fuck are you talking about

>Why is this an issue when Amethyst never did anything like this to Greg again for the next four (4) seasons?

because what she did was as bad as... dressing as a dead relative and taunting their living family

>dose pearl really love steven or is she only loveing that part of steven is rose

They are just now, learning how to love humans in general. Garnet can love, but it's not the same because fusing is like sacrificing your own individuality to become your own child and choosing the outcome.

I hate this show

>traumatizing Steven
Except he wasn't traumatized. It takes a lot more than that to traumatize people.

I don't think you know what allegory means OP. Look it up.

Oh don't be such a baby about it.

People who love each other can hurt each other, fucking grow up and get over it.

Never actually watched SU so im using an example from another comic, gunnerkrigg court

There's a difference between having an argument and mocking someone's dead relative user. It's like having an argument with someone and then bringing up how they lost their first child because of SIDS, even if it's somehow relevant to the argument, it's still a low blow that most people won't find excusable.