Reminder that Mr. Plinkett was acknowledged by fucking Roger Ebert himself

Reminder that Mr. Plinkett was acknowledged by fucking Roger Ebert himself

rogerebert.com/balder-and-dash/revenge-on-revenge-of-the-sith

Also people complained about their stuff lacking quality lately and they released one of the best BOTW episodes ever

youtube.com/watch?v=p1sxc3V0lzQ

Face it, we're in RLM's golden age

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VdWBkr_Kn0A
youtube.com/watch?v=jTpWzg4aiEU
youtube.com/watch?v=9fTaK2RDxNA
rogerebert.com/scanners/adam-sandlers-house-of-cruelty
bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=146990&sid=26c23744eb2ce1db78bb52be9e47d2b7&start=100
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebook
youtube.com/watch?v=_rOeDXkdDCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get out, Mike. Nobody cares

>Reminder that Mr. Plinkett was acknowledged by fucking Roger Ebert himself
Roger Ebert said Conan the barbarian was trash and manchild fodder

>It's an RLM thread

And yet RLM is nothing but a youtube channel that reviews capeshit and relies on patreon to make ends meet.

I really think his prequel reviews are the best I've ever heard. Can anyone refute his arguments? He's right about literally everything with those movies.

too bad he made a george lucas afterwards and became a hack reviewer

He also linked to their Prometheus review (the one with all the questions) but I can't find the post.

Didn't they mock him in that review?

Someone unironically wrote a 100 page response to it

he is right

Ebert was /ourguy/. Rest in peace man.

It is though

His Blue Velvet review is a fucking joke though
youtube.com/watch?v=VdWBkr_Kn0A

And then Stoklasa made fun of it in one of his videos

youtube.com/watch?v=jTpWzg4aiEU

the chess line is a real quote from the rebuttal

His response isn't invalid. They defiled his qt waifu on screen. Anyone would be upset about that.

In the ROTS review they implied that Ebert had taken a bribe because he reviewed the film favorably.

>Surviving Edged Weapons
>don't mention this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=9fTaK2RDxNA

He despises Lynch for fucking her and that's why he gives all his movies shit reviews

This guy later died in a fast food riot
>Americans

They're pretty well known among the newer generation of Hollywood filmmakers, like max landis or the guy who did Kong skull island

Wonder how long before we see them in a cameo

you wouldn't believe how butt hurt the guy who made that unbelievable monument of autism was in respond to this, it's on stardestroyer.net somewhere

The director of Chappie offered to come on their show to talk about the movie. Why have they not went through with the offer? Did they chicken out in the presence of a real filmmaker?

>the chess line is a real quote from the rebuttal
you're kidding

Can we acknowledge the greatest film of the 20th Century?

Yes. Whatever you think of Chappie, it's better than whatever the hell they could've made.

That really is irrelevant

>you wouldn't believe

Yes, I would.

Where's the article? Or did he really write only once sentence?

incredible

it's probably links to the old, multi-part video that got taken down by Lucas Arts

so where is the black monster dicks 2 review?
fucking hacks.

It's just that one sentence.

On the other hand, the former editor of Ebert's site, Jim Emerson (who was actually pretty patrician), wrote a big article about RLM's Jack and Jill review:

rogerebert.com/scanners/adam-sandlers-house-of-cruelty

Ebert was a trash reviewer.

Its baffling seeing him rate trash really well and then generally good movies badly. His comments about how games can mever be art is pretty agrivating too.

If someone could link to it that would be neato

>His comments about how games can mever be art is pretty agrivating too.

HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER?

There's only two or three video games I'd consider remotely artistic

what about when the meteors hit earth?

>His comments about how games can mever be art is pretty agrivating too.

No he BTFOed nerds so hard and then BTFOed them further in his fanboys review.

>Extreme fandom may serve as a security blanket for the socially inept, who use its extreme structure as a substitute for social skills. If you are Luke Skywalker and she is Princess Leia, you already know what to say to each other, which is so much safer than having to ad-lib it. Your fannish obsession is your beard. If you know absolutely all the trivia about your cubbyhole of pop culture, it saves you from having to know anything about anything else. That's why it's excruciatingly boring to talk to such people: They're always asking you questions they know the answer to.
>But enough about my opinions; what about "Fanboys"? Its primary flaw is that it's not critical. It is a celebration of an idiotic lifestyle, and I don't think it knows it. If you want to get in a car and drive to California, fine. So do I. So did Jack Kerouac. But if your first stop involves a rumble at a "Star Trek" convention in Iowa, dude, beam your ass down to Route 66.
>"Fanboys" is an amiable but disjointed movie that identifies too closely with its heroes. Poking a little more fun at them would have been a great idea. They are tragically hurtling into a cultural dead end, mastering knowledge which has no purpose other than being mastered, and too smart to be wasting their time. When a movie's opening day finally comes, and fanboys leave their sidewalk tents for a mad dash into the theater, I wonder who retrieves their tents, sleeping bags, portable heaters and iPod speakers. Warning: Mom isn't always going to be there to clean up after you.

cool

>Anakin kneels before monster mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash

I trust RLM more than roger ebert and that's coming from someone who thinks people at RLM are retarded, Siskel and Ebert were mostly film illiterate, Ebert slightly more so

BotW is good but half in the bag has been mediocre for at least a year.

I'm pretty sick of the bald spot guy, he's so unfunny

That didn't mention video games at all you retard.

I never said it did. I was talking about how he made more nerd rage.

remainder that ebert gave sith a better review than the usual suspects

somewhere in here
bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=146990&sid=26c23744eb2ce1db78bb52be9e47d2b7&start=100
I forget at what point in the thread the response is posted

Dismissing an entire medium is something only idiots do. He can write an entire book and still be in the wrong.

>Dismissing an entire medium is something only idiots do

Not if the criticisms are based on the core principles of the medium.

Except the core pricipals constantly change in a medium. In the 90’s comics were pretty terrible and had terrible principles, in the 80’s we had a boom.

How could you say something like film is art when something like The Room or Biodome exist?

Name one core principle of videogames that isn't also applicable to movies. I'll wait.

>best BOTW
they didn't even watch real movies. Surviving edged weapons was the only entertaining segment.

>he didnt think “shame upon this country” Washington rap was funny

Video games are interactive. You can't play a movie the way you would play a game.

yeah I didn't really enjoy any of it

the halloween BOTW they did was one of the best though

Right and how does that make videogames an inherently lesser art form than movies?

he's talking about the facts of what makes a video game a video game
did comics suddenly stop having images in them in the 90s? if not, then your comparison is irrelevant

>being this curious about autopsy photos

videogame players are retards who think videogames are a form of narrative, which is why they constantly get compared to movies when the comparison isn't fucking here nor there

what was the other botw with that tabel?

Video games have images, cinematography, voice acting, actual acting, directing, set design, architecture, and writing.

How is that not art?

individual components can be art in their own right, the final product is not

>the movie is bad because the actors go through a lot

FUCKING HELL WHY WAS THIS MAN PRAISED AS A CRITIC? HE'S BORDERLINE RETARDED

In the full video he says that Rossellini probably didn't know that her scenes would be surrounded by jokes that undermines their emotional impact, because apparently despite being romantically involved with Lynch she had absolutely no idea what his movies were like and what the movie's script was

So movies are not either? Or even music?

Because they all have individual components that meet together to make something great.

you're dumb aren't you

video games do a specific thing that movies do not

Yeah, and movies do a specific thing paintings do not.

See your logic?

You are the only dumb one here. Interactivity does not make something not art.

the difference between a movie and a painting does not prevent it from being art
the difference between a movie and a video game does

Well they are capable of delivering stories in a way movies can't. A movie can't let you make a choice, a game can. That choice contributes to the narrative. You may start memeing now, because you don't have arguments to debate this obvious fact.

>A movie can't let you make a choice
choose your own adventure movies exist

>#harveyweinstein XD

nah, it got old really fast

>video games do a specific thing that movies do not
However a recording of person playing the game does not do anything that movies can't do. So what's your point, that let's plays alone can be considered art the way movies are? That's a pretty retarded opinion to have, but you're entitled to it I guess.

Then why can vigeo gaem no be art?

That's all window dressing, the real artistry in videogames is in designing a great ruleset for the player to interact with which is something that doesen't exist in any other form of art or expression but again videogame players are retards who only want to get epic feelings from cutscenes
Choose your own adventure novels have existed since forever, but yes being able to interact with the world and make choices is part of the game's ruleset

Yes, and technically they are video games. Her Story is exactly that, it's a collection of videos you switch between and it's sold on Steam as a game, it also won awards as a video game.

Let's plays are just video games plus commentary, those already exist for movies as well.

So what about the actors interacting wrh the set and scripts? Or the directors interacting with their movie and changing it?

Are all films that have a new cut years after it premiers no longer art?

Adding interactivity doesnt nagate it from being art.

Ebert was an old man who didnt like that a new medium was gaining traction and being considered art, while he didnt see it the same way, so he came up with some dumb excuse, and now even years after he is dead and the medium keeps making things to be considered art, people parrot his argument.

>Choose your own adventure novels
It's not a novel, it's a game. Here you go
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebook

The introduction of interactivity makes any work of fiction a game.

>Let's plays are just video games plus commentary
Are you retarded on purpose? Commentary is not required for a let's play. Here, is this a movie and therefore a work of art?
youtube.com/watch?v=_rOeDXkdDCQ
It's a recording of a person playing the game.

Yeah and? You act as if videogames are the only interactive stories that exist
You are so braindead from playing videogames all day that you think you just made a zinger when I made your same exact fucking point in the very next line

>act as if videogames are the only interactive stories that exist
Not videogames, just games. Yes, games are the only interactive stories that exist by definition. If your work of fiction is interactive, your work of fiction is a game. Even if it's a theater play with audience participation, that participation already makes it a game.

I have no idea what you're trying to prove here, lad. My argument is that interactive fiction is capable of creating narratives that are different from non-interactive fiction. What is your argument?

Player agency.

Your choices have consequences and you have to live with those consequences. Movies just drag you along a set path trying to elicit emotion without the viewer doing anything other than watching. In videogames you can add choice and consequence and thus make the emotional response quite different. Granted, few videogames realize this and even fewer can do it well.

My argument is that you're a braindead retard who can't fucking read because I said the same exact thing in my post, but your brain is so fried from having arguments on Sup Forums console war threads where the only thing that matters is sounding cool that you are trying to "win" something that doesen't exist
Any interactive narrative by definition is part of a game's ruleset, yes, that's what I said too. So it is not unique to videogames; what is unique to videogames is bringing a ruleset to life digitally through coding, so the skillset involved is creative when it comes to making up the ruleset, and technical when it comes to coding it in correctly, which is why it's not really comparable to directing a movie where the people involved need to have completely different skillsets (acting, directing, framing, editing, lighting etc.).
Writing dialogue for a game and directing epic cutscenes is just window dressing compared to the actual core of the game, there is more artistry woven into the programming of pac man or donkey kong than any retarded moviegame that you like to pretend is well written

>watch Citizen Kane
>Teabag 12 year olds on Halo
Wow exactly the same thing this is art

>Mike insults Rich's Pac Man shirt

over the fucking line,

When did George Lucas become a hack reviewer?

You do realize that successful youtube channels like RLM make like ten times the money "real" reviewers and critics make, right?

>he hasn’t played MGS

No don't realize made up facts posted on taiwanese meme forums.

The proper comparison to playing a multiplayer FPS would be watching a football game or something. Not exactly a highlight of human artistry either. You should really try to sound less dumb when you want to act like an elitist.

Why would you just immediately dismiss this as made up? Why is it so important to your life to make yourself believe that someone that makes their living making YouTube videos is somehow a failure?

>His comments about how games can mever be art is pretty agrivating too
He's right.

Ebert was never that good of a critic, and was only so regarded because he was one of the first video reviewers. Compare Ebert to any literary critic and his understanding of what he criticizes is far worse

Reddit Letter Memedia

>made up facts
kek. They make 20k$ a month off of Patreon alone and their youtube videos frequently get over half a million views. What non-youtube reviewer or critic comes even close to that kind of money?

>Dismissing an entire medium
A medium that creates virtual toys to keep children at home and out trouble like playing outside.

This.
"Put away childish things"

Calm down, ace. It's up to you to provide evidence to support your claim, not mine to blindly believe what some anonymous loser types on a hawaiian text boxes page.