Why isn't this talked about more? It's some of the greatest television I've ever seen

Why isn't this talked about more? It's some of the greatest television I've ever seen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QeAtpoZbyEE
youtube.com/watch?v=CuhH7k5Axjo
youtube.com/watch?v=D_JeKZd9ecE
youtu.be/otXwm5Z-Lug
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_(TV_series)#List_of_episodes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe coz he looks like a fucking bi curious glamrock glitterelf in that shot?

Average Sup Forums user was literally born after it stopped airing. Or are shitskin / Amerimutts who never had it air in their country.

Because you're new

The only one I haven't seen is Sharpe's Peril. Is it worth the watch?

Never heard of it but the poster looks gay af
if you want people to watch your series dont advertise it with some cross eyed twink wearing one of the most poorly made robin hood costumes anyone has ever seen

>here’s 40 shillings on the drum
>for those that volunteered to come
>to list and fight for all the day
>over the hills and far away

The poster looks like a shovelware Wii game.

Kino

Sean Bean is the GOAT actor. I downloaded the whole series a copule of years back but I've only watched the first film. I've seen parts of others on television though. Maybe I go on a Sharpe marathon this christmas

Sup Forums Doesn't understand true Kino.
Then you'll have the Sup Forums posters like; "Muh Britbong".

because its a british show

its absolute kino though, by far my favourite period piece tv show ever

i think i still have all the dvds laying around somewhere

Good stuff but a little obscure in Kentuckistan. The series aired in the late 90's on PBS, so only upper-class twits watched it. Been revisiting the show with the DVD rereleases, comfy times for the family.

what's wrong with that?

It's male-wank-fantasy like James Bond. Sharpe's always saving some lady from almost rape or bullet-dodging his way through a battle like he's Indiana Jones. Obadiah was a pretty cool villain though.

MOTHHHAAAAGH

>O'er the hills and o'er the main
>Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain
>King George commands and we obey
>Over the hills and far away.

Because it's good, and most people agree the reasons for it being good, so there's not much discussion other than people reaffirming that it's a decent show aside from when the writers went on an acid trip and made Sharpe's Gold.

You fucking what? In Sharpe's Sword, he nearly dies. In Sharpe's Eagle, he nearly dies.

>he nearly dies
In what movie or TV show does this not happen to the protagonist?

Does every protagonist have to repeatedly spend weeks in recovery while in a state of deluded fever due to the injuries they sustain?

SAYS IT IN THE SCRIPTURES SHARPIE

Plenty, except in this case he isn't magically healed and ready to fight again. After surviving weeks in a fever in Sharpe's Sword, he goes and duels the French leader (who had been injured as well) and Sharpe is weak and only wins because of various reasons. But he's still weak and limps and needs help. Instead of being STRONGER. In Sharpe's Eagle, he spent 6 weeks injured. At the start of... I forget which one, he's injured at the start, Sharpe's Peril I think?

It doesn’t stream on my websites, can’t find a decent deal for the seasons, can’t pirate, and would rather not stream. Otherwise I’d watch this show because it really interests me. Could have sworn it was on amazon prime for a while but it isn’t anymore

>Obadiah was a pretty cool villain though.
woah woah woah obadiah wasn't a villain he was a secondary protagonist and >ourguy

Sharpe in pooper?!

Despite being at death's door, at the mercy or archaic medicine, he bounces back and blows the bad guys away. I remember when Batman did this in Dark Knight Rises.

best villain coming through

WHERE'S MY DEMI BRIGADE REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>some crosseyed twink

That's Sean fooking Bean you colossal faggot

youtu.be/QeAtpoZbyEE

>PBS
>Upper Class

Mother fucker i had rabbit ears growing up and 2 of the 7 stations we got were PBS stations. Im as working class as it gets and i watched more PBS then anything else.

based

even the author confessed that killing off obadiah was a mistake

Duh. Would you rather he just dodged everything throw at him and never had to actually work to win?

I didnt watch this one but Shogun was based. Is this one better or worse?

Yea. Cornwell should have kept him around until Waterloo. Having Sharpe kill him in the heat of battle while also trying to fend off the frogs would have been much more in line with the spirit and tone of the series instead of what we got. Plus he really was the best villan, even more so if you read the books.

How the hell do you pronounce Sharpe and wtf does it mean.

the e is silent.

Post more Napoleonikino

>tfw the feels in Sharpe's Waterloo
They were based. They didn't deserve that.

What was his fucking problem?

Well crafted bait

>Sean Bean
>Twink

what fucking planet are you from

I fucking love this film.
>going from this level of kino to Prometheus

JUST

Sup Forums made me watch this and it was totally worth it. That was a couple years ago now, though. Still freaking loved it. The tv tier battle sequences were still engaging and entertaining as well

Over the hills is such a comfy tune.

I like to put in on the background when I'm playing Empire or Napoleon TW and massacre some continentals, colonials or poo in loos.

>it's an aristocratic officer is incompetent episode

Forgot to post kino version:

youtube.com/watch?v=CuhH7k5Axjo

>>over the hills and far away

Hey lady
You’ve got the love I need
Maybe more than enough
Oh darling darling darling
Walk awhile with me

very nice

youtube.com/watch?v=D_JeKZd9ecE

>forgetting Hornblower

Don't tell he died at the end.

AGAIN, PADDY FILTH! !

>MANY TIMES I'VE LOVED
>MANY TIMES BEEN BITTEN

actually have been watching this lately after a post on here a few weeks ago. Finished Sharpe's Waterloo last night. man his wife's tits are the tits. really good show that's made me feel a few times

>If I should fall in far off battle
>Cannons roar and rifles rattle
>Thoughts fly homeward - words unspoken
>Valiant hearts are oftimes broken
>Love Farewell

youtu.be/otXwm5Z-Lug

>They formed themselves up, and the fight it began,
>They thought they could frighten the brave Englishman:
>With our glittering broadswords right at them we sped,
>They turned threes about, and away they all fled.
>We soon overtook them as frightened they fled,
>Cut through the brass helmets they wore on their head;
>'Have mercy, have mercy! ' So loud they did cry;
>'Have mercy, you English, or else we must die! ,
>'Mid the snow in the vineyards the French they lay dead:
>Three hundred were taken, the rest of them fled.
>Their Colonel, likewise, he was taken in the field;
>'Twas the Fifteenth Hussars made those Frenchmen to yield.

>haven't watched Sharpe in 20 years
>can still hear that singing perfectly

What about the other Napoleonic kino?

That's not Sharpes wife.

Depends. Do you like jugs?

How come there's a Sharpe tv show but no Flashman Papers tv show? Mcdowell's movie was alright, but way too cartoony.

>what kind of a fool fights for a flag?
>well, you do, Sharpe

They always stormed that same Spanish village.

That's because spaniards never learn.

Portuguese deserters

I'm gonna take you out into the woods, laddie. You'll come in a man, but how you'll leave is entirely up to you.

Napoleonic era uniforms are such a let down compared to those in the 18th century

I've never got around to watching it but I've always meant to, I saw one of the audiobooks for 50p in a charity shop and bought it but never started it either (still going through my radio backlog).

Is this a full list of the episodes? After Midsomer it seems a bit short en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_(TV_series)#List_of_episodes

u wot m8

yeah that's all. they're like 100 minutes each so they're basically movies

Cheers lad. But that's what I meant by Midsomer (Murders), those are 100 minutes each too and they've made 116 episodes since 1997. I suppose Sean Bean is a bit pricier than their stars though.

KING GEORGE COMMANDS

Sharpe fought on the wrong side of History, waging an unjust and unfair against the peaceful French.

there's a Hornblower series?!

AND WE OBEY

Sarah Vandella ?

and it's probably expensive to do all those battles. though there's 24 books and 16 episodes, I doubt they'll make any more since it's been a long time since the last one. everyone is too old now anyway

after the last rewatch of Sharpe I downloaded Hornblower and finished if off in 2 days

any other Napoleonic kino to watch out for ?

>How the hell do you pronounce Sharpe
Pronounce it sharp, as in "this knife is sharp".

OVER THE HILLS AND FAR AWAY

>start episode
>heavy overdriven guitar chord
>know comfy times lie ahead

>Ywn stick it to continentals as they attempt to establish dominance that would eventually become a threat to you
Why even live

bought this box as birthday present for my gf (and it was a symbol we wanted to buy for our moving in together) :; watching it ever since , the nice thing about this box: it is limited to 999 and ours is number 234 and 23.4 is the date we first kissed

That photoshopped mock-up looks like ass.
Post pics of your box.

Oh boy, you're in for a treat.

It's better than Sharpe and even comfier.

It's pure kino

It's honestly not very good. The only people I could see loving it are britqueers pining for an era when they weren't complete low test cucks who are overshadowed by the colonies on an international level.

>Better than Sharpe

spanish ones were the best but regiment was great
the last two shouldn't have been made

He could blow my horn

Sodomy is one of the three great traditions of the Royal Navy so no doubt he would.