This is the most overrated movie ever made

This is the most overrated movie ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hBvcngHRTFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I most certainly am not watching it.

Never seen it, never will. Its premise is race-baiting garbage.

the dumbshits that made it think it's a "serious drama" that deserves to be treated as such

No they don't.

it's a decent flick, jesus
there are way more overrated movies
like jurassic park or avatar for example

>muh pol
kys

incoming Sup Forumsirgin soyboy assrage

DUDE I WAS ADOPTED BY TWO WHITE PEOPLE
AND I'M HALF BLACK
ISN'T RACE THE MOST INTERESTING THING EVER

>invoking pol
what ever for? I just said I don't want to see it. It looks stupid, like the Stepford Wives remake with Nicole Kidman. Would you watch that, I wonder?

>avatar
You mean the masterpiece that the collective Reddit hivemind forces everyone to think is awful?

It was actually okay. Kind of pokes fun at stupid race baiting things actually. Doesn't seem to take itself too seriously. The SJW's who latched on to it pulled way more bullshit out of it that was there as usual. Not half bad though.

>like jurassic park
What's it like being an underage faggot?

>Jurassic Park overrated
Kys, reddit

>getting this assblasted because anonymous strangers don't want to watch a movie

the new jurassic park is shit

Seen it. It’s like a 2/5. Mind numbing shit. Most overbearing “message” I’ve seen in a critically acclaimed film in a long time. Fuck this shit.

He's talking about the first one.

is it worth watching with no expectations?

ye, sorry, it was mostly for the other guy

>Stepford Wives remake
don't know what that is
nicole kidman is pretty hot though

lel

wouldn't know

it's such a dumb fucking movie
fuck that shit
besides the special effects it has zero going for it
i was obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid and still hated it

in this case he is underage indeed

lol get a load of this nigger

It's overrated, sure. But it certainly isn't a bad movie, and considering it was Peele's directorial debut I was quite impressed. Hopefully next time he'll do something with a lot more nuance than a generic horror-comedy

>i hatee avatar so much that I endlessly complain about how overrated it is alongside a thousand other people who also agree with my narrow perspective!!
Get Out is FAR more overrated than that.

this kid is most certainly underage and black.

I refused to watch it for the longest time because it looked like pure libtard cuckoldry. Then I watched it and the "twist" was pretty hilarious.

Liberals made a movie about cucking themselves and treating niggers like pets.

That's also shit, you nostalgia huffing mouthbreather.

>just call everything shit lol
Your opinion isn't wanted.

It's actually a satire on race baiting. It's the exact opposite of what you hate it for.

>i hatee avatar so much
it's a pretty overrated film
it really isn't that overrated (especially considering it's not that bad in the first place)

>it really isn't that overrated (especially considering it's not that bad in the first place)
referring to Get Out of course

>nostalgia
>he thinks everyone saw it at the theaters like he did when he was 5
Millennial spotted

>going to a Sup Forums colony board to complain about Sup Forums

It just felt like a Key and Peele sketch that went on too long and wasn't funny

Jurassic Park came out before I was born, wiseguy.

>#4 highest rated on Rotten Tomatoes and a serious contender for the Oscars

if you unironically think Jurassic Park is a good film you have shit taste
it's a commercial garbage flick

>It's the exact opposite of what you hate it for.
It's really not. Most people came away from this film feeling vindicated about being "suspicious" of white people, and the creators lapped this up like the post-colonial, left-leaning, clueless yuppies that they are.

Yes,, but the problem is it goes after the wrong people. It should have had the villains be the niggers who started BLM. They screwed over blacks more than Tumblr ever could.

>just call everything kino

That's even worse, you saw a toy film when you weren't a child and think it's good.

>i hatee hollywood so much my faves? everything by the criterion collection :^)

>alternate ending says the police car was really police and they arrest the guy
>"wow such a great commentary for how racist police are that they automatically assume its the black guy"

No, they'd assume it was him because he was the sole survivor with a murdered family next to him and no evidence to the contrary, not because he's black, you dumb idiots

>It's really not.

It really is.

>Most people came away from this film feeling

Completely irrelevant, and it's nobody's fault but the audience that they come away with the wrong impression.

>my faves? everything by the criterion collection :^)
But Armageddon is in the Criterion Collection :^)

Hipster spotted. Go back to sucking Steven Universe's dick, faggot.

so none of you saw it? why even post about it? what is this, Sup Forums?

What the fuck is even Steven Universe?

Why are you posting on this board?

>all these butthurt replies
Well done user

>with the wrong impression.
It's clearly not "the wrong impression" if the film's creators championed that interpretation - which they did. Why do you leftist types always ignore the latter parts of people's arguments? It's so disingenuous.

Sup Forums is a Sup Forums colony board
lots of underage kiddies with dumb ideas
i'm doing the world a public service by educating them

approval rating ≠ rating
99% doesn't mean it's the highest rated film ever
it's average rating is 8.3, which might be a tad high, but it's rotten tomatoes, what do you expect

>i have shit taste
just as i thought

who in the fuck?

there's some good threads occasionally
and i can always have fun posting in shit ones like this one

Why do you pigeonhole anyone who doesn't agree with you as falling on the opposite side of your political beliefs?

correct, it's definitely up there

>99% doesn't mean it's the highest rated film ever
>it only has a far higher percentage of positivity than films actually deserving of the title, but it's not overrated, I swear!

I ignored it because it's not true? I think you'd be hard pressed to find an interview of Peele saying what amounts to be afraid of white people, considering he's said in interviews the exact opposite. But then again I've actually read interviews with the creators, and not just sat on Sup Forums like yourself.

Movie had a nigger
It gave me a trigger

I envy you. It is Tumblr incarnate. Makes Supernatural look like Macbeth.

I don't care whether the movie is good or bad, that poster is fucking awesome.

Figures a thread meant for laughing at plebeian mongoloids would turn into pure butthurt and crying.

There is a reason people laugh at this board, OP should have started it saying ''Is this /ourkino/?"

>Sup Forums is a Sup Forums colony board
Nah, Sup Forums makes up 60% of all of Sup Forums's traffic. Whether this upsets you or not, most of the popular boards - Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /r9k/, /fit/ and even large portions of /lit/ and /sci/ - espouse Sup Forums or Sup Forumsesque views.

>Sup Forums makes up 60% of all of Sup Forums's traffic.
source? just out of curiosity

I spend most of the time on Sup Forums, /lit/, Sup Forums and Sup Forums and the former three tend to be less Sup Forumsly

Damn, I just looked it up. Christ almighty.

What, in your opinion, is the message of the film? Can you back this interpretation up with quotes from the creators? To my mind, the creators have a history of being anti-white. Seeing as the majority regarded the film as being anti-white, I don't see any reason to spend money on what likely amounts to propoganda.

Not him but the queef ass message is this:
“Hey you know how white people are racist?”
“Well guess what? White liberals who pretend to like blacks are racist too!”
“This is how it feels to be a minority around whites (and one Asian)—it sucks!!”

Never seen a better argument for segregation.

That's some harsh words, user. Good thing you're right.

not that guy, but i honestly don't see how the film is anti-white (i'm white btw)
it's just playing off of the palpable racial tension present in america at the moment by making a horror movie that's based on the fears of black people

A film that lionizes blacks and demonizes whites is anti-white propaganda, user. Especially in the current climate.

If they tried the same thing in reverse, they'd be accused of trying to remake birth of the nation, and the director would be ousted as a racist from Hollywood, along with anyone involved.

>anti-white propaganda
it's a horror movie
it's not meant to be taken realistically
it's obviously a caricature of fears black americans have of white people (for historical reasons)
you're not supposed to identify with the white characters of the movie just because they're white

Listen to the director commentary, his message is literally that white liberals are racist too.

Wahh, things don't 100% cater to me anymore.

Just don't take your anger out on innocent people white soys

It's kino. Equal to Kubrick shit. Get over it.

>Equal to Kubrick
So, still overrated.

>it's not meant to be taken realistically
This is what makes it an effective piece of propaganda.

False. The movie literally does the opposite of race-baiting.

You people do realize that just because the film is about liberal racists and junk doesn't mean that liberals will see that as the message, right?

It was a good twist. Too heavy handed with the SJW shit though.

They obviously didn’t bc they’re not self aware.

The intent is less important than the result;
Libtards are tweeting about how this movie is litearlly 2017's america.

>good twist
>lmao all the white people are taking out the brains of ape-men because they want that BBC

The only good part of this movie was his friend who was basically the audience self-insert for being aware of how fucking stupid all this shit was.

>well you're completely right, but i want to hate the black people so...
you have to go back.

Jordan Peele made this a few days ago, talking all about "get out"

youtu.be/hBvcngHRTFg

>get out fan theories from reddit

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand Get Out.

I liked it, but DAMN! #4 on Rotten Tomatoes? As in like the fourth BEST FILM EVER MADE?! In fact, it's one of the few movies to have a score has high as 99%! Empire ranked it at Number ONE for 2017! I can accept that it's the best COMEDY HORROR movie ever made, I wouldn't agree, but if that's your preference, I totally get it, but one of the best films of all time? It's just The Stepford Wives with black people in it. There's hundreds of black movies out there, I don't see what THIS ONE did that made it so special. I think of it as a movie with some really good funny scenes. I love when the lead is talking to his friend, I love when his friend goes to the office, basically I love all the scenes with the lead's friend! But a large percentage of the film is without him. I don't care much for all the stuff with the haunted family, and the whole part where the lead is in the house realizing what's up, I thought it was flat out dull! I actually find certain portions of this movie to be boring and wish it was cut shorter. To me, lots of the tone and dialogue comes off as pretentious. It just sounds like they're trying SO HARD to make it SO MEANINGFUL and escalate it to a higher art. I've rewatched it several times and I still don't see a whole lot more than just "Black man fights the white men", "The white men corrupts the black men", "The white man dies", "The black man gets caught", etcetera. What is the deeper meaning and why does that deeper meaning beat out so many other films ALL with deep meanings? Many people analyzed the themes, but I don't see how you can't analyze tons of OTHER films the same way and find just as many themes. What about the themes in Avatar?

>ever

That’s any one of the original Star Wars

>No Soyboy

A New Hope at least earned it's praise. Get Out didn't.

YES MY WIFE IS JEWISH