>The Killing of a Sacred Deer
>A Ghost Story
>Logan Lucky

A decent year.

Agreeing before the BR fags get here.

agreed

Your list isn't terrible but
>A Ghost Story
Nope! Where's Song to Song, On the Beach At Night Alone, Happy End, The Florida Project?

LOL

I don’t particularly like any recent Malick work, OTBANA is just okay and Happy End comes in my theaters tommorow.
Forgot about The Florida Project, yeah that deserves a mention just because of Dafoe atleast.

no
too many cis white males
not a good representation of our diverse modern society

also there is no british culture anymore

It's great.

i hate nolan but dunkirk was great, it wasn't your usual war movie, he dropped the battle-cry-preach-battle-map room-crying wives-preach-bigger battle meme and made a survival horror.

I enjoyed Lady Bird the most unironically but I'm from Sacramento so the film really hit close to home for me

Based OP and based Nolan
Best Director oscar I M M I N E N T

I hate Nolan and his garbage writing but at least he finally realized that film is a visual medium.
Unironically bravo.

> a survival horror.
A survival thriller, more accurate.
The OST is amazing, might be one of Zimmers best work. And the movie is also gorgeous, and not once did it feel like bad fake CGI, you can tell that they used real planes.

I get that people might not like the editing and unconventional non-linear story, but if your summation of the movie is
"It's shit" then you're a fucking moron and you don't know anything about filmmaking.

You forgot Logan, friend.

Common complaints from bluray rip fags

>i cant rewatch it a second time
>no dialogue, wheres the story??
>too boring looking no colour
>made no sense, too much time skipping

Fucking plebs, you’re fucking plebs. Go rewatch saving private ryan and fuck off.

it's a capeshit audience, what do you expect? i bet their brains are literally alzheimer-tier.

Dunkino

HALF THE MOVIE IS ITS TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENT WHICH CAN ONLY BE PROPERLY EXPERIENCED ON A RIDICULOUSLY HUGE SCREEN IN 15/70MM FULL FRAME PHOTCHEMICAL FILM IMAX WITH 12,000 WATTS OF SUBWOOFERS

IT IS OBJECTIVELY THE BEST CINEMA OF 2017, BUT PHONE PLEBS WILL NEVER TRULY KNOW IT

The movie was still good on my normal tv. But yes it was a lot better in theaters

so why didnt you see for yourself when it came out instead of waiting for the illegal online stream like a fucking parasite?

i didn't see it in theater but it looked fine as fuck on my pc and the sound was killer, i have good speakers.

OP BTFO
Also this is one of these films tjhat you can't really fully appreciate while watching it at home

'no'

>that oil scene with the bomber

Was literally pulling the fabric of my arm rests and screaming “GET THAT KRAUT SON OF A BITCH”

My inner eternal anglo came out that day, I thrirst for aryan blood.

the thirst was always there for me, but i was actively searching for aryans to harvest when i got out the kinoplex

Not even close.

Dunkirk will win BD, the academy always picks period pieces about fighting nazis

r e a l

>nolan
>film
kek it's a movie dumb brainlet

>haneke
looool

good old shills, letting me know when movies are available for torrent.

thank you based shills

The 9 GB bluray rip has some framerate issues, so I'd avoid that one.

It's a theater movie that will only be remembered for its fast pace

bravo nolan

cheers buddy

Cringe

I still prefer BR 2049 but it was definitely Nolan's best so far. Most of his works are great visceral viewing experiences but leave a lot to be desired when thinking back on the film. However when it comes to a war film the actual experience and communication of that is the substance, so this kind of was just the best possible utilization of his talents.

Near the end his tendency towards overwrought sentimentality started peeking through and that was kind of annoying but overall still pretty great.

Atonement did Dunkirk better than Dunkirk in a 5 minute scene. That said, it's not a bad movie, I just wish they made Dunkirk look far more chaotic as it actually was. The city looks pristine in Dunkirk, clean and modern, and another inaccuracy that really took me out of the movie was the Destroyers in the film. Now, I'm glad they used actual ships rather than CGI, but it's so fucking obvious they're not WWII era destroyers and it really takes you out of the movie if you notice stuff like that. At least the aircraft look good, I think they converted several Spanish Me-109 clones for the movie, and used actual Spitfires as well. I think the He-111 was a large remove controlled aircraft too.

it's boring as fuck

>Atonement did Dunkirk better than Dunkirk in a 5 minute scene.
You mean that historically innacurate "poetic" try of a gimmicky overly stylized long take with scattered endless characters running infront of the camera filmed in the golden hour, which never happened?
And the rest of the film is even worse.

"Boring" is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching the film.
Same as saying "it was fun", that does not indicate anything about the actual quality of the film whatsoever.

>being this wrong

It was a solid 7/10
Nice cinematography, very tense moments. Starts to wear a bit thin by the halfway mark

it was fucking great.

Anyone else get irrationally angry about the surge of posts when a movie comes out on torrents?

>"I have no actual argument against your claims so I'll just attach a reaction pic from my folder and call it a day"

People need to shut the fuck up about Logan. It was better than your average capeshit, but nowhere near great.

No, apparently you're the most autistic one here.

It's because all the basement dwelling wagecuck parasites come out after watching the first whatever torrent rip and make their overly general meaningless statements so yeah, happens with any movie

No but discussion is always terrible when it just hits torrents, takes a while to have a proper thread without memes and low iq neets

>Torrents
>not MEGA master race

pleb, it only cost me a few dollars a month to download blu ray rips, can't get caught either because it's not illegal.

Whatever, I meant when the pirate copies come out

>torrenting
>getting "caught"
>paying for a company that has full access to your profile and get see what you have on your drive
>paying to only be able to download a shitty 5gb rip
>paying for slow download speeds
>paying
o i am laffin

>Not the Private Tracker master race

swear this conversation has come up 19 times in these threads, but 'boring' is a valid criticism of Dunkirk. It lacks any substance, just shallow uninteresting dialogue strung together with visuals which build up to extremely disappointing scenes. The scale is extremely poor, there's no character investment or real motivations for any of them and it misses the point of the Dunkirk evacuations as the absolute bottom of troop morale and hope being salvaged by the compassion of the civilian fleet almost as much as Pearl Harbour missed the point of a surprise attack. The digraceful dig at the British army for a cheap plot with the boat and the french soldier is Nolan's lowest point and should have damaged his reputation.

BRAVO
NOLAN

I think it portrayed the british spirit perfectly. That small victory of everyone cheering when they managed to bring that wounded soldier on the mole over the single wooden plank is the best example.
You sound like you wanted the usual americanised Hollywood war film where the good guys are absolute moral heroes in every single way with zero flaws at all. And the based froggo character death and his entire storyline is Nolan's way of representing the sacrifice of all the french troops defending that beach, don't see what's wrong there either.

You forgot the "Pic not related" part of your post.

>"we shall nevah shurrendah" speech in background while Big Guy surrenders to the Germans
What did Noland mean by this?

It was inaccurate on most the historical facts, made out that the British army was clamouring to get away when they were waiting patiently with low provisions for weeks. The British Army certainly never killed someone they suspected was a german spy evne if it was 100% confirmed so it was a shameful misrepresentation of the troops who deserve respect. If Nolan wanted to represent the french sacrifices, he should've shown the war on the front lines or how the French were evacuated after unprecedented success of civilian transportation. Also the RAF never 'held back' reserves, they were at the time engaged in one of the biggest aerial battles over France in a desperate attempt to create an illusion of aerial superiority in order to cow the luftwaffe. This film isn't accurate, it's simply a poor cinematic experience.

Am I the only one who's seen Loveless???

>The British Army certainly never killed someone they suspected was a german spy
They didn't do that in the film also

Are you serious?

It was incredible, I regret not going to see it in theaters now it was so good. I had good headphones so I was able to really enjoy the sound design at least which was amazing. Nolan's best film.

Fuck Germany and fuck the ocean.

Why didn't the film show any German faces? I'm genuinely curious

>glorifying a humiliating, desperate retreat and strategic catastrophe of Britain
I fail to see the appeal of this movie

I don't think this deserves a nomination but this is unironically the movie I enjoyed the most this year.

To really put you in the perspective of the soldiers. The entire film is told exclusively from the british soldiers perspective, and we as the audience, just like those soldiers on the beach, don't see a single german soldier up close, you just see/hear Stukas blaring and dropping bombs and torpedoes coming your way.
It keeps them as this in the shadows constantly lurking danger that can attack at any moment, not humanised. Also dodged any unncecesary pandering or unncecesary nazi name calling

Ofcourse you don't my dear american friend, ofcourse you don't.

>can't get caught
me neither, and i torrent. guess why? because i don't live in the orwellian shithole dystopia called jewmerica.

>made out that the British army was clamouring to get away when they were waiting patiently with low provisions for weeks.
Toward the end when the Germans started advancing again it was desperate. It was a complete surprise as many people made it out as they did

>humiliating
true
>desperate retreat
true
>strategic catastrophe
objectively wrong

you hiystory fags are the worst. this not a fucking documentary, you fucking goddamn faggot cocksucker, go eat your father's shit.

MOVIE WAS TRASH

fuck off with the spam

>No Jews on the boats only British!
>But millions of us will die
>I'll live with it

Seriously Nolan?

Getting caught was part of his plan

>The British Army certainly never killed someone they suspected was a german spy evne if it was 100% confirmed so it was a shameful misrepresentation of the troops who deserve respect.
How gullible you are child.