Part, fools, you know not what you do!

Part, fools, you know not what you do!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bWraOy6Kw4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Peace?

>this movie is the most true adaptation to the play
>the most true adaptation to the count of monte cristo is an anime set 1000 years in the future
The fuck is wrong with this world

I like this movie

Bring me my Longsword, ho!

the chad hold

BANG

why does everyone in this have DLC guns lol

>tfw got to watch this in high school
>english teacher who showed it was a thicc milf with dick succin lips
Good memories

This film is incredibly cringey

Do you bite your thumb at me?

>Shylock Bank
Never noticed that before.

This comment is incredibly cringey.

I do not bite my thumb at you, sir. But I bite my thumb, SIR!

this film inspired Kip Kinkel to murder his parents and kill 2 people at his school

I hated this movie when I saw it in HS. Only now do I recognize its genius

amazing movie

Happens to a lot of people. Kids just don't understand film like adults do.

I LIKE TO

I will actually rewatch this tonight, thanks. Loved it in school and watching it once later on

still have a vhs of this that i copied off a rental. pretty good movie.

Always nice to see people watch or rewatch a good movie because of Sup Forums. Feels like too many people on this board are the type that "don't watch any movies but just come here for the memes."

It's rare to have anyone say or do anything positive thanks to Sup Forums

Why do people disliek the film?

T W O H O U S E H O L D S

I fucking loved it and still do this day. EXCEPT the fucking first sequence at the gas station that I always skipped because too cringey for me.
>Tfw I was too romantic and still am, but liberal modern women are just insensitive monsters who have nothing to do with pure Julietta

What was wrong with the 1934 version?

Edgy intellectual insecurity.

> Teach high school English
> Tell them we're going to watch this version, just to keep them engaged
> "SIR, WHY IS IT NOT IN MODERN LANGUAGE?"

I fucking hate my job sometimes

idk man, Clare Danes was like my first fap as a kid

what the fuck are you literally me

>high school kids saying sir
u need to l2take what u can get

>brainlets refuse to watch a Shakespeare movie in a modern setting
>they don't realize they are always the best adaptations

modern shakespear general?

was this film aesthic

Underrated film, underrated play.

Saw a production of it at The Globe a couple of years back, incredibly stuff.

A PLAGUE ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES!

Is Titus really the best adaptation?

is this worth watching?

>hate this flick in school
>treasure this achievement of cinema in adulthood

why did it take so long for my almonds to activate

Why does every adaption cut out the death of Paris?

Also, why does this adaption make the opening dialogue between Montagues, rather than Capulets?

Yes.

Paris had like zero development in this film so I can understand cutting him out. In the first place he didn't add a whole lot to the story.

move aside plebs

i prefer coriolanus but only for massive manliness.

is this a Shakespearekino thread?

Did your teacher have a schway poster of Audrey Hepburn

Oh, are you going to leave me so unsatisfied?

>literally fedora: the Macbeth adaptation
>calls others plebs
His tomorrow, tomorrow speech was poorly done as well. Welles and others did it much better.

tfw wordlet and have to have subtitles on and pause at the ready

Umm...

Sup Forums needs to see Othello.

DUDE IM A NAZI LMAO

>muh le edgy macbeth and his wife just suffer post traumatic loss of their child

step aside, posting the best Shakespeare film ever to exist

youtube.com/watch?v=3bWraOy6Kw4

forgot image lul

Did The Hollow Crown turn out to be crap or kino in the end?

same but im in the uk

Literally not even an adaptation of a Shakespeare work.

>im typer attempts to derail the thread with his teenage wet dream
Not surprised.

it was fine but it's like they didn't know what they wanted to do, be historically accurate or abstract. It was extremely dull and uninspired, pretty much like all modern theatre productions of Shakespeare.

a nigger was kween

>tfw got to watch this version and the other version with the underage tits freshman year of HS after reading the play

>90’s John Leguizamo as Mista
Please

The adaptation of Romeo and Juliet that everyone watched in high school was pure kino because of that chick's breasts. You know which adaptation I'm talking about.

It's the Zeffirelli one you idiot. Learn the names of directors instead of sounding like a dipshit who just says "That one, you know the one."

Let it be virtuous to be obstinate.

fuck off

JUST: The play

Pleb choice I know, but this is my favourite screen adaptation of Hamlet. A couple miscast roles aside, it's a fucking masterpiece.

No, fuck you.

>Comment
Fuck off back to Facebook and reddit

I didn't say the director because all you need to say is "tits"

Great adaptation. It's glorious to see a film stay so faithful to the source material, even if it means the end result is four hours long. The way he kills Claudius is one of the most hilariously over the top things I have ever seen, though.

If you don't know who Zeffirelli is beyond this film you are literally the ultimate pleb.

Saw Richard the third at the globe and Kevin Spacey fucked me

>How tedious is the day as is the night before some Feast to an impatient child who hath new robes but may not wear them

Favorite Shakespeare quote.

when people talk about you behind your back they don't say your name, they just say "Ugh, that guy; you know the one."

I was just trying to have a giggle, m8. Get the stick out of your ass.

Knowing who he is isn't going to make your dick any bigger.

Shut the fuck up you plebs.

Big if true

>"Wretch! It is well that you come here to whine over the desolation that you have made. You throw a torch into a pile of buildings; and when they are consumed you sit among the ruins and lament the fall. Hypocritical fiend! if he whom you mourn still lived, still would he be the object, again would he become the prey, of your accursed vengeance. It is not pity that you feel; you lament only because the victim of your malignity is withdrawn from your power."

I like this one.

based "big if true" poster

Yep, I always recommend to people who want to get into Shakespeare; after telling them it's an incredibly faithful adaptation and realising they don't know what I mean, I kinda leave out the four hours part - if you have the time and can get someone watching it, they WILL finish the film.

>No lord of thine, thou haught insulting man,
Nor no man's lord; I have no name, no title,
No, not that name was given me at the font,
But 'tis usurp'd: alack the heavy day,
That I have worn so many winters out,
And know not now what name to call myself!

I love how much of a drama queen Richard II is.

This is my favorite movie version of Romeo and Juliet. I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. The fashion. The guns. The acting. I love it all.

SHYLOCK BANK HOLY SHIT, KIKES BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS SAY THE FILM WAS ABOUT CHRISTIANS VS JEWS AND I WOULD HAVE WATCHED IT ON THE SPOT

Prime Danes

You idiot, Shylock is the name of the Jew from one of Shakespeare's other plays, The Merchant of Venice.

not him, but it's a "antisemitic" slur for a good reason, only Pacino tier shit adaptations make him to be some kind of tragic figure instead of a understandable and relatable villain

>He hath disgraced me and hindered me half a million, laughed at my losses, mocked at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies – and what's his reason? I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

Tis a scratch
A SCRATCH

>Mfw I’m a skinny twink in h/s... kiss less virgin in lit class and we are reading R&J
>Teacher shows movie to us.
>Stacy hottest chick in school... but she’s strangely down to earth and she actually acknowledges my existence... but thought she was just being nice.
>next day Teacher picks people to stand in front of class and act out a scene.
>R&J scene where they first kiss comes up
>”Stacy please come up and read for Juliet...and who will we pick for Romeo..”
>spaghetti appears in my pocket and I slouch down while peering.
>Teacher locks eyes with me ”user...come on down”
>Vommitonhissweateralready.bat
>walk down aisle to front and see Stacy who has a warm smile on her face... immediately feel safe
>Start reading scene *hear snickers from random classmates*
>focus on Stacy... she’s deeply into scene
>kissing part comes up...I assume we’re going to go for it...lean in...she’s not expecting and can feel her almost recoil.
>land kiss, step on her toe and she squeals...”owww”
>spaghetti everywhere
>hysterical laughter erupts from class.
>”round of applause for our subjects class”
>people clapping and wooing
>Stacy turns red with sheepish smile and walks back to desk avoiding eye contact with me
>I walk back too similarly expecting ridicule... class Chads bro-fisting me “what a piiiimp!!” “Awesome!”
>rush of relief... realize I was out of breath...sit down and enjoy the positive praise from the cool kids.
>look over to Stacy and she’s still red... she steals a glance at me then quickly looks away but she can’t contain that cute smile.
>17 years later I’m married to Stacy.
That was the year I came out of my shell...

>The Jew shall have all justice; soft! no haste: He shall have nothing but the penalty.

JESUS CHRIST RAIMI

we wuz shakespeare n shiet
bing bing wahoo

>no one on Sup Forums ever mentions the hamlet diner movie