Over or under $2b?

Over or under $2b?

>not over $3 billies

Based Jim will end capeshit forever.

Easily over. James Cameron is the greatest director of all time.

Under $1b because avatar-mania has been dead since 2010

Personally I think due to a record-breaking run in China it might challenge Avatar's gross.

It won't get cock blocked by soys this time

This. Unless they pull out all the stops in marketing, they won't make over $1 billion. It was marketing that gave them what they got last time. The movie isn't actually very good and blue "people" are a rather off-putting color.

This.

Don't associate Jesus with that Godless vegan kike, you ducking faggot

cameron knows that financial succes of avatar was in big part due to people falling for 3d meme, so he is preparing some gimmick and there will be another massive hype like it was back then. Screencap this. It will be first movie to break 3b$

best part of 5 billies opening night

He trained children to act underwater for the duration of the film in Avatar 2. Also glass-less 3D.

Based!
Literally /ourguy/!

Sup Forums's Guru is literally a soyboy xDD

does anyone know how much of the film will be underwater?

I would tell you to go to hell but I don't believe in such nonsense!

way under. nobody cares about it anymore.

Unless they have a new gimmick like VR or something to push ticket prices over Avatar's, probably under 2b.

Will the first one get a theatrical re-release? I want to expierence it in IMAX 3D again

Ticket prices are already way above Avatar's in 2017.

That's not Zack Snyder.

It's going to bomb.

I felt ripped off after the first one. Not even giving this one a chance. 3D means nothing to me.

will end up barely going over a billion. It's over. If they wanted to cash out on the first movie the wouldnt wait 10 years for the sequel lol

>Titanic will flop
>it becomes the highest-grossing film of all time, doubling the previous record
>Avatar will flop
>it becomes the highest-grossing film of all time, and the first film to gross over $2b overseas
>Avatar 2 will flop
>

5 decades of Smurfy success disagree with you

3 billion plus
This shit has been 10 years coming and will be innovative as fuck with technology. Trust in James Cameron

China would just magnify its presence. China is all aboot epics. Lots and lots of epics.

>caring about how many shekels it'll make
>not wondering if he's still alive

this is pretty good but Terminator kinda is capeshit to be fair

exactly 2 billion

The entire thing.

Kids who were 10 when the first one came out are gonna be 21 when the second one comes out. Literally no one cares.

PAPYRUS

Aliens was awful, though.

I feel bad for Disney honestly.

They start development of this huge Avatar Land section of Animal Kingdom in Disney World as early as 2011, assuming that Cameron is good to his word and Avatar 2 would be released by 2014. By the time the park opened in 2017, they were under the impression at least 2 of the 4 sequels would have been released to use as publicity for the new section of their park.

Of course they were dead wrong, and now here we are, Avatar Land has been out for almost a full year, and is practically baren of any guests with TWO fucking attractions. Don't forget, Disney thought they would have had at least 3 movies out by now with the Avatar hype at full force.
Cameron keeps pushing the date farther and farther back (2020 now? Seriously?) and Disney is stuck with a whole section of Animal Kingdom dedicated to a dead movie franchise with a single installment that came out in 2009. Nobody remembers or cares about Avatar, but Disney is still forced to fund this project as if Avatar was still the wild success that Cameron promised it would be.

holy shit kys pleb

Aliens was meh but definitely not awful.

>barren of guests

Nigga, those two rides are the most popular things at DWorld right now and everyone thinks the area is amazing so you obviously have no clue about anything

Yea, but if Disney buys fox they get avatar and all the money and control over it.

(You)

Cameron has specifically said he isn't an atheist.

>I feel bad for Disney honestly.
Unless you mean Walt, literally no one has ever said this

dickhead

it's two of the top attractions at disney and that area is always swamped with people

under

Under 300 mill

Who said avatar would flop?

The real question is: will Avatarbro make it? I mean he has over 3 years left to go. Memes aside, he really just cannot keep this up

Sup Forums of course

I'll make it user. When I can't post there's a robust network of anons that keep it alive. We're all gonna make it.

it would be very painful

This movie will easily bomb. Does anyone give a fuck about an Avatar sequel? The movie is old and dated as fuck

I doubt enough people car about Avatar as a franchise.

I mean it was a fun movie, but not the masterpiece the media made it out to be.

Aliens is better

Based cant keep it up poster

As dated as it is. It did push thru a challenging path in terms of technology in filmmaking. Whether Cameron could actually get in there is a complete mystery til Avatar 2.

It had a lot of hype built up. Now that people know the deal with it, that it's an amusement prk ride and not a movie, I don't think people will give a shit. Especially considering it's been made fun of in pop media for the past 10 years

It was packed when I went in August.
The whole thing is just 2 rides.

>and is practically baren of any guests

Reddit delusion.

Is Avatar the greatest franchise of all time?

Nice dubs.

Chucky or Death Race. Weirdly, There is no sequel to True Lies. Even Titanic got a DTV sequel.

>not Home Alone

No, the only thing remotely accurate about it, is that Papyrus is used for some ancillary purposes like subtitling Na'vi translations, and by a lot of fan work trying to be "Avatarish" by (partially incorrect) association. The Avatar titles are not Papyrus. They aren't. Don't argue, they just aren't. It isn't the same font any more than Arial is Helvetica. Look at the details. If it was derived as was proposed, it has been modified so much that it has become its own typeface.

There are three distinct versions of A in the Avatar title card. None of them is close to the Papyrus A.
One of the versions of A has a serif on top, the stroke on the right hangs low, and the center stroke doesn't connect.
The other two versions of A are broken on top. The stroke on the left is heavier and the end is much more squared off than the rounded end on the Papyrus A.

The V has a different profile on every single vertex, and two serifs that are not found in Papyrus.

The T is nothing like Papyrus. The stroke on top has none of the curvature/sweepyness of Papyrus, is much shorter and stouter, and the ends are finished very distinctly.

The R is also obviously distinct: the curvature is a lot different (particularly on top where the Avatar title typeface is sloping downward but Papyrus is a bit convex, and nearing the centerpoint where Avatar is very steeply downward angled and Papyrus is actually sloping back up) and the shape of the center is nothing close - it connects in Papyrus and has a gap in Avatar. There is a different and more aggressive serif on the top. The bottom leg mirrors the first A leg hanging below, which is a signature look of the Avatar titlecards.

So what is it exactly? A rough, "ancient-looking" typeface, maybe vaguely related to Papyrus, that gets subjected to texturizations/3D solid renderings that make it look like it is i.e. hewn from green glowing rock and end up evoking a similar vibe as the 2D "rough" texture of Papyrus which... isn't present.

>Death Race

Under 2 billion, but still crazy profitable.

this is true, when talking about the typeface in the official material. The pic in OP uses papyrus

holy shit who would type a post like this. what mental illness would cause such a long, drawn out, irrelevant deduction of a font....and fuckin' snl skit. AVATAR is trash and the worst movie Cameron ever made. Thank God Terminator returns at last.

>what mental illness would cause such a long, drawn out, irrelevant deduction of a font

Autism.

Godspeed user.

He still creates anti-Christian, anti-white (((propaganda)))

wtf Sup Forums you told me Avatar 2w as going to be the anti-disney hero we needed. If there's an Avatar attraction then the sequels will just help Disney's theme park division.

>Neytiri at school

school uniform Neytiri when?

Asari from Mass Effect seem to do well and they're mostly blue.

Under 9S.

It won't top the original. People are CGI'd out nowadays. It just doesn't have the appeal like it did in 2009. Making breakthroughs for underwater CGI or shooting in 120fps isn't going to change that.

Never ever

over 4 billion USD worldwide box office gross

>Implying it wont be 24fps human, 120fps Na'vi.

Killed in Ukraine in 2015 I'm afraid. Was recruited by local forces and refused to wear Ukrainian fatigues and opted for his own pair of tiger stripe BDUs to look more like a Na'vi. Tragically mowed down by a 23mm when he was spotted 2,000m away by Russian-friendly forces.

He died doing what he loved. I read he was especially handy with a PKM during his short-lived career.

>practically baren of any guests
Reddit propoganda, everyone.

I recently re-watched Abyss, and it nowhere near as good as people think it is. Especially at the end where the VFX has aged poorly and the whole save the oceans preaching. Otherwise a good movie upto the point where he enters the USO.

It'll top $3b.
>muh no one remembers it
Just wait until late 2019. You won't be able to look at an electronic screen without watching an ad for it.

Breathing liquid was pretty dope.

>Avatar
>not capeshit