What went so wrong?

RIP

Dropped incest subplot.

dexter fixed edition:

firstly cut the series down to 4 seasons, using the storylines from seasons 1, 2 and 4 but restructued a little bit (mostly switching the trinity and bayharbour butcher storylines around but also running some things concurrently so that his brother is around for longer)

second, from the beginning the show featured irrelevant and vapid side-character plots. drop these and reveal the world entirely through the POV of dexter, with more use of dramatic irony where dexter's worldview is contrasted a bit with how things actually are.

finally dexter gets caught at the end and everyone at miami metro learns of who he really is

The writers had no idea at all what they were doing.

>Hey lets make it so dexters dad is actually a giant pussy and kills himself when he sees dexter kill someone

>In fact lets make it so some random women was actually the one who created the code and we won't mention her or have her show up at all in 7 seasons even though there is the bay harbor butcher was there and she knew it was him

If they changed the name of the show to Debra for the last 4 seasons it would've made sense as her story is soooooooooooo much better than dexters by that point

It was a show written for women, but with themes designed to trick men into watching.

A repetitive format. Should have been kill by season four.

Scott Buck. He killed Dexter, and recently Iron Fist and Inhumans. He kills shows. It's his hobby.

>it's okay that he's a serial killer because he only kills bad guys

Dexter at it's core is shit.

Go watch some edgy anime then

The whole point of the show is that it isn't ok to kill bad guys.

This, it was honestly the most compelling plot point to me in the later seasons and they just dropped it.

Season 4 is so fucking overrated, the only reason it gets so much praise is because the the trinity killer was good. How it handled its themes, and fucking every single subplot was poor, the writing was weak in general for the season. I mean what this season has is John Lithgow giving a good performance and he has good chemistry with Michael C. Hall, but that's kind of it.

Season 2 finale should have been rewritten as a series finale.

>that feel when I have the same type of beard

fuck everything

You're pretty autistic if that's your takeaway from the show.

I liked season 5 and 6

The books manage to be even worse.

Not kidding.

In the books "The Dark Passenger" turns out to be an actual, living entity. It's a demon, specifically the child of Moloch, and goes around inhabiting people throughout history and compelling them to kill because it gets off on it. It leaves Dexter in one of the books and he turns into a total dweeb who can barely function.

Women writers.

Did Debra die?

I got to the part where she became a shit private eye then I couldn’t stomach anymore

> much morals
>brb killing chief of police to save my homicidal step bro

Roger

This. I only managed to get through the first two before dropping the books all together because of how stupid it got

Dexter had WAY too many women, was too soft

I'm on a rewatch of season 4. For some reason they're making Dexter kill someone every ep, Deb a bigger whore and Rita a huge bitch.

They kept reusing that fucking "Has Dexter finally found someone who accepts him?" plot.
They should have focused on interesting "villains" for him to hunt and kill.

What the fuck?

>mfw they waited until after Dexter and Deb had gotten married and divorced IRL before introducing an incest storyline and then they fucking cockteased us with it and didn't go anywhere with it

Yeah, it became an antisocial serial killer to a sex hungry guy

I would have forgiven all the flaws of the later seasons if they had the balls to follow through on this.

i dont understand

ever season of dexter:

>Who is the new killer?

>Who is the new love interess ?

she wasn't even his true sister.

>
>For some reason they're making Deb a bigger whore and Rita a huge bitch
Just like real women, am I right?

Pulled the Bay Harbour Butcher story way too early in the show's lifecycle. At the time it was subversive and brave but it was clear they had no fucking clue what to do after shooting their load.

this. the plot for season 2 should have been saved for way later, especially when you kill off the best character and replace him with some faggot

Yes. She gets shot or something and goes comatose. A hurricane comes in and Dexter takes her off life support and dumps her body in the ocean before disappearing in the storm. He reappears as a lumberjack living in Canada or Washington or some shit.

I could stomach almost all of dexter. But Deb dying and dropping the incest was too much. Also 'dude I'm going to leave my son with another crazy person and become a fucking lumberjack in canada' is the dumbest fucking out of character ending I could think of. Whoever wrote the last season should actually kill themselves

What.the.fuck

Why did he kill Debra? They fucking raped the last two seasons with that bullshit

Eh, opportunities to enjoy incest in mainstream media are few and far between. I'll take what I can get.

The writers were literally all women at the end.

That should answer your question.

I think he was pretty much caught at that point. He was preparing to run off to Argentina with Yvonne Strahovski's character when Deb got targeted by another killer. Dexter murdered him while he was in police custody and everybody saw it, but they were all like 'nah its cool man' and let him go off to see the dying Deb. Strahovski took Dexters son and ran off to Argentina alone.

It fucking SUCKED.

post the rest of these if you have them

This, the moment Clyde Phillips left, the show was doomed

>What went so wrong?
people who think that season 4 was
Spoiler - it wasn't.

was good I mean

also season 2 apart from doakes wasn't that great either. the only really good season was season 1

Who did they even replace him with i cant remember

Born Free was the best episode. Ice Truck Killer was Dexter's greatest rival.

it's so obvious that they pussied out because normies thought it was icky

Last panel is so funny because thats literally what happens
No suspense whatsoever with any big reveals

just adding this one , the rest were shit

In GoT its ok tho and normal people love that show

they killed doakes way to fuckin early, the character made me laugh everytime he appeared on the screen

and the lack of good storylines, after season 4 they didn't know what to do really

kek I never saw this one
showtime didn't have the balls though and they fell behind when the golden era of tv drama began

actually dexter didn't want his son to become a psychopathic killer that's why he ran away

it's an echo to the relationship he had with his own father

>doesn't want him to be a serial killer
>leaves him with another serial killer
makes sense

It was so fucking dumb it was unbeleivable.

Also the whole killing his sister when he was just going to run away anyways. Why not just let her live?

Also the driving the boat out into the hurricane... just why?

>Also the driving the boat out into the hurricane... just why?
I heard it was an executive decision made by the channel. So that's why it was retarded.

>opens Mode menu
>Facial Adjustment
>Opens Mode menu 20 seconds later
>Facial Comparison

lol

Fucking this

The ending of fifth season was perfect. They should stop there.

Post the one with gost hitler

I stopped watching the series on season Rita was killed. Not because I thought Rita was some sort of an amazing character, but because the writing was already pretty bad there.

Season 7 is great until Isaak dies

Hahahaha, Fuck me

this

I don't recall that one

kek

Shut up, cunt!

And I'm just quoting some of that great John Lithgow performance, not telling you to stop posting or that you're a cunt.