Rumored SOLO Spoilers

Big if true.

Young Han Solo is a street orphan from planet Corellia who is caught stealing cargo by veteran smuggler Grath Beckett (Woody Harrelson). Impressed by young Han's skills, Beckett takes him under his wing.

Han (Alden Ehrenreich) and Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover) are rival smugglers for intergalactic mobster Ryn Lacard (Paul Bettany), smuggling spice and other materials past Imperial blockades through the Kessel field, a dangerous obstacle course. Lando has a pristine, fully operational Millennium Falcon. Han and Beckett have a rundown ship called "Lightspeed Thunder". Early on, they rescue Chewbacca from an Imperial prison convoy and he becomes part of the crew, but this upsets Lacard, who wants to avoid crossing the Empire.

Lacard is murdered by his power-hungry enforcer Cain (Ian Kenny), who frames Han, Beckett and Chewbacca. Cain captures Beckett in order to frame him for a bombing during a summit between the heads of the Lacard Crime Syndicate to select their new leader, allowing Cain to seize power. Han and Chewbacca escape and set out to stop him, aided by Lando and Beckett's estranged daughter Kira (Emilia Clarke), who is connected to the Rebel Alliance and leads her own crew, formed by Selu (Phoebe Waller-Bridge) and Stick (Warwick Davis). Cain then hires deadly bounty hunter Nyssa (Thandie Newton) to stop them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kjEd3DpH_e0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This movie is going to flop

>Emilia Clarke
Aaaaaaaaand dropped
Never gave a damn about this 'film' literally no one asked for as is but that casting choice cements it

>Disney
>Star Wars
>Flop
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So generic and uninspired it could be true.

Almost nobody wants to see this movie and only die hard star wars fans really even care about Han

remember that when it makes $2 billion

You're in for a nasty surprise in nine days.

Han and Chewbacca are the most iconic characters in the franchise

Harrelson and Glover were good choices, but very safe ones. Everything else blows.

I bet a stand alone film of any other side character would do better, Han is just some normal boring guy

>Donald Glover
>Emilia Clarke
I hope they get covered up with CGI during the Ron Howard reshoots, make them both Gungas whatever.

>explaining the kessel run
it's like these people don't even understand the simplest rudiments of storytelling.

>smuggler who rose to hero and leader of the rebellion
>one of the main characters of a billion dollar franchise
>dude he's just a normal guy
Ok kid

if this movie doesnt touch on the jedi becoming a myth in under 30 years star wars is dead and they are just corpsefucking

would ironically watch that.

>yfw they brought in ron howard to make the movie more like redlettermedia predictions
youtube.com/watch?v=kjEd3DpH_e0

Compared to all the other characters like even he's really unoriginal and boring

>reddit letter media
go back

It will be a major success and all you can do is screech on a taiwanese basket weaving netspace

there's no possible way you can be serious but have a (You) anyway

So RLM was right?
How sad.

t.hansolonumber1fanxD

NO HYPE
O

H
Y
P
E

Case in point

Han Solo was an Imperial pilot for a while, he was thrown out of military for saving Chewie. This is a well known fact.

Disneys fan fiction is non-canon.

They need to have a scene where young Han literally bumps into young Leia and she calls him a scruffy-looking nerf herder.

That would be epic to the max poetry.

Made me think of this guy. Would rather watch that than the new Star Wars.

i'd forgotten about that, but yeah, you're right.

Out of all the star wars characters you pick Han solo as your favorite lol nice bait

When in the OT did they mention that?

>This is a well known fact.
t. wookiepedia editor

This would require showing Imperial military as something more than just Nazi alt-righters, if Solo was to be a part of them. Not gonna happen.

sure this plot is alright but my enjoyment of the movie will really come down to the writing of the characters

So they'll say it was a failure because not enough diversity and too macho. Screencap this. It's all part of their plan.

That would require writing and character development though.

WILL HARRISON FORD HAVE A CAMEO?

PLS REPLY MR. SPOILER

Someone make a SOYBOY logo

>Its another Imperial pilot defection story

>Lando and Beckett's estranged daughter Kira (Emilia Clarke)
wut?

>in a scene added after test screenings and accountant boardroom review, vader kills lots of people in a badass way

Aided by Lando, and Becketts estranged daughter Kira. (just Becketts daughter)

What is the point of this movie? Seriously, who asked for this?

Donald Glover as Lando still disgusts me, we are truly in the worst era of Star Wars.

literally perfect casting wtf are you on about

>who asked for this
accounting

While it won't flop, it'll probably underperform like Justice League did. The other poster is right, there's a lot less hype for the new Star Wars than you think. None of the movies past this point will gross over 1 billion, or even 800 million, more than likely.

SOLO is very comedic. There's a running gag about Han coming up with self-aggrandizing stories about himself that end up blowing up in his face, like claiming he broke up with Kira when they actually never dated because she turned him down.

There are also a few callbacks to the original movies. Han's blaster comes from Beckett, who also teaches him to "always shoot first" after being injured in a standoff with Nyssa. Han also says "never tell me the odds" during the final battle when he's making the Kessel Run to reach the assembly in time while being pursued by Nyssa. Nobody believes Han made the Kessel Run even though it's true.

Han also crosses paths with Darth Vader during Chewbacca's rescue and hopes he'll never "see the guy again".

Beckett sacrifices himself in the end, and Han and Kira part ways. She says he has a noble spirit, but he disagrees. The movie ends with Lando inviting Han and Chewie to work with him, but Han refuses, claiming that the real money is with Jabba the Hut in Tattooine, where he'll have "peace and quiet for the rest of his life". Before Lando leaves, Han challenges him to a card game (the one in which he'll win the Falcon).

lmao

emilia clark , dany glover
they want that braindead millenial fanbase

I guarantee SJW's will try to claim it flopped because of white male lead

>Vader is in it

STOP

Ok, two cents on this schpeel. This sounds so freaking generic that it hurts. This movie will BOMB. I'm telling ya, BOMBBBBBB. Last Jedi looks decent and that's coming from a guy who fucking hated Force Awakens. I'm convinced that movie will perform critically and successfully.

EU fanfic is not canon.
If it’s not in the 3 movies it doesn’t exist.

So basically Han is Star Lord.

>the murderer and main villain is literally called Cain
about as subtle as a neon sign disney

I'd watch this if it was just the first part of Wall-E extended into an entire movie desu

Do they really need to put "A Star Wars© Story" on this one too
Do they really think that people won't recognize that a movie called Han Solo is related to Star Wars

It's a brand thing.

for you