WTF IS CN DOING

There is no way you can convince me that CN isnt doing this on purpose.

The mystery of the leak was solved; some kid watching Steven Universe On Demand saw the episode and recorded it from his TV to upload to YouTube.

So I ask you. What the fuck is going on with CN and SU?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0BzoqlqTNMXr5bzR5OXUtWml0NVU/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What even the fuck are you talking about

Don't you have a containment thread anyway?

The same that happened with Nick and Legend of Korra.

SU makes no money so they want to burn it off and tell the higher ups that the show gets no ratings while refusing to admit to leaks so they can bump it off and start giving the money to a kids show that'll actually give back some revenue than an internet fan service show to a bunch of Tumblrinas who like to pirate and buy unofficial shit on Etsy.

Just watched the episode

Literally Storm in the Room 2

>It doesn't make money
Why the fuck did they fund a full price console video game?

>SU is getting close to being buried and forgotten thanks to the TTG channel.

Thank Christ.

>full price
that's just a meme, they do that to hire amateurs and keep most of the money

Considering SU is incredibly shitty I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to kill it

They're making a 3D several hour long RPG. That shit isn't cheap at all. If the franchise didn't make money they would just keep releasing android games. Shit, the devs themselves are pretty forward with the fact that they got the budget because the first game sold really fucking well.

Because VIDEO GAMES sell, user. Especially RPGs. Not Steven Universe specifically. The game could have been reskinned with entirely new characters and it would've been a hit on Steam Greenlight regardless.

>it isn't cheap
it's literally no different than the shovelware wayforward keeps shitting out

>Especially RPGs.
>A genre that basically died a decade ago and is only now clawing its way back out of the cesspool, and even then mostly via big Japanese releases that play nothing like what the SU RPGs do.
>The game is literally the studio's biggest game to date and is entirely being funded because it's a TV show with a following rather than some other IP.

Keep reaching.
This game wouldn't exist if the previous Steven Universe game didn't make money. It was in the top five paid apps for like a month and held #1 and 2 for about a week, for fuck's sake.

Where the fuck is my Regular Show RPG?

It's the Paper Mario/Mario RPG sequel we always wanted that Nintendo refuses to give us

>Final Fantasy
>Undertale
>Dark Souls
>Divinity Original Sin
>Thinking these don't sell well.

Even games with RPG-like mecahnics like Deus Ex fly off the shelves because people love skill trees and upgrading. Even motherfucking DeathSpank, a nothing franchise, got two sequels.

On Demand services often receive episodes in advance, and for most VoD services, security is ranging from "lacking" to "nonexistent". Also, all kind of faults happen due to monkeycode and incompetence.

This is how Misseps leaked SU: he found a way to download unreleased episodes. Sometimes you don't even have to do that, because the episodes are "released" due to bugs or mistakes on operators side.

This, it's literally riding on the success of Paper Mario + Mario & Luigi RPG while taking advantage of the fact that Nintendo has thrown those series in the garbage. It's like how the newest Resident Evil is riding hard on P.T. since Silent Hills is gone now considering their last batches of RE games fucking tanked.

>Two big budget Japanese productions, neither of which plays like SU's games at this point
>A completely different genre of game from the SU games
>And a fluke meme game that barely plays like the SU games

Damn, you sure showed me when I literally just said that the successful ones are mostly big releases from Japan that don't play like the SU games.

>Even games with RPG-like mecahnics like Deus Ex fly off the shelves because people love skill trees and upgrading.
They don't buy games because of them, but it is a great marketing point because casual gamers think it adds depth without making them actually think about shit, yes.

>Even motherfucking DeathSpank, a nothing franchise, got two sequels.
>EA game was milked to every last drop
Yes, one of the biggest game publishers in the world can afford to push out multiple iterations of a game that didn't do very well in order to profit off it in the end. That doesn't really have anything to do with...well, anything. Mirror's Edge was several times more successful and it took nearly a decade for it to get a sequel. Radiant Historia did well for Atlus, and they're only now making a remake instead of a sequel despite it being an RPG. Your comparisons are silly and nonsensical. You're performing mental gymnastics to arrive at your preconceived notion.

This game wouldn't exist if the first didn't sell well. Go ask the devs. Then go ask them how their other games sold.

Doe that mean it's possible to get this without the idiot talking in the background?

Because if we can, we've got work to do if we want to get this before CN takes it down.

What do we define as an RPG? Skyrim was insanely successful, Dark Souls was successful, the newest Zelda, Lisa: The Painful, Horizon, Witcher, Mass Effect, Persona, Dragon Age, Diablo...

Repeating: Because you're dense.

This game was not successful because of Steven, it was successful because of Paper Mario and Nintendo's ineptitude.

You're not going to listen, are you?
No matter how many times I point out that it's big budget RPGs that have come back into flourishing, you're going to keep giving me big budget examples with maybe one exception per post.

>Turn based JRPG-inspired RPGS sell
>2017

You're confused RPGs* like fallout 4 and Skyrim sell.
*FPS/Action games

>while taking advantage of the fact that Nintendo has thrown Paper Mario in the garbage.
Fixed. Mario & Luigi's been pretty consistent.
But yeah, the fact that it's basically Classic Paper Mario while not being as crude as Stick of Truth is something in the game's favor.

I don't care about Steven Universe, but you said the RPG genre was dead for a while. I don't think that's been the case

Final Fantasy XV and XIII tanked
Undertale was a fluke made by one dude on a shoestring budget
Dark Souls is an action RPG and is still niche as fuck compared to something like skyrim/fallout
I've never even heard of divinity.

I'm not arguing that the Paper Mario inspired gameplay isn't a factor. I'm arguing with this retard who's saying that being an RPG inherently gives it a boost.

The first game sold because it was a cute but competent little game at a low price based on a then-hot commodity. Even then, that has absolutely nothing to do with what started this whole silly argument in the first place; the sequel is only coming out because the first made bank. To say the series doesn't make money when it made enough money for them to double down on their investment in games based on it is an oxymoron. Whether you think it's of its own merit that it made that money is beside the point.

> idiot

the dude is like 9 lmao

counterpoint: most of the kids who played and loved the SU game don't even know about the first 2 paper mario games

>XV
>tanked in any way shape or form

go away Sup Forums

07-11 had it struck dead as fuck while the shooter genre took over the market, and RPGs in the vein of Attack the Light have struggled outside of handhelds up from around 07 to just a few years ago. Even upon the relative resurgence a few years ago, most of the high selling "rpgs" weren't story or roleplaying focused games at all, just action titles with stat or customization elements and big environments that called themselves "RPG-like/inspired/hybrids" and other such things.

RPGs haven't dominated the market since the PS1 days, and their presence hasn't recovered to the levels they were at back in the PS2 era either.

only on consoles - most RPGs migrated to handhelds

also, shooters aren't eating into the JRPG market - smartphone gatcha games are.

Just because a single aspect of Steven Universe makes money doesn't mean shit for every other aspect of their merchandising. At this point, Attack of the Light 2 is just CN trying to recoup their losses for whatever money they've poured into SU which they probably thought was going to be their next AT.

The fact that fucking Magiswords and TTG also have successful mobile games just means that games fucking sell, and the property it's based on is just a way for people to notice it among the sea of apps.

Does SU's brand name sell merch on the same level that AT used to? With figurines? Buttons? Hats? Clothing? Stickers? Are you going to walk into a Forbidden Planet-esque shop and see a bunch of SU stuff on shelves outside of some Funkos and maybe a comic? No? Then it doesn't fucking sell.

Tanked was NOT the right word, I was gonna post a addendum, but the game's reception was lukewarm at the very best and it's an ARPG anyway so it's irrelevant at best and makes my point that turn-based RPG are culturally irrelevant at worst given that THE turn-based RPG is now action-oriented.

Rebuttal, where are you getting those numbers or facts?

the fact that most of the people who downloaded the fucking game are under the age of 12?

My GF is at substitute teacher and has seen multiple children drawing SU characters which really surprised me. I think SU has a bigger draw for kids than Sup Forums gives it credit for.

Then why bring it up numbnuts?

I think you're just pulling everything you post out of your fucking ass.

JRPGs aren't RPGs.

>Posts no source
That still would not prove dick for the fact that kids have not played the earlier games considering Paper Mario 1 is still available on WiiShop and a new Paper Mario has just recently come out and kids have incredibly easy access to find out about early entries in the series.

I was fucking pirating shit at 10, dude.

Because the post I responded to specifically mentioned Final Fantasy and those are the most recent entries in the franchise? You complete buffoon.

The SU Funko POPs were a pain in the ass to get (They were first released in November 2015) and had resale prices comparable to chases and some con-exclusives until Hot Topic got a restock of the first wave and a GITD variant of Steven around this time last year.

ITS A BAIT YOU IDIOT

Only if the haven't taken it down yet, and you have access to whatever VoD that leaked it.

Problem is the leak is from the leaf country.

said the guy who claims that FF XV tanked

uhh there's an SU rpg in the works? oh damn. anyone got some deets?

the numbers of eshop sales shows that most of those who downloaded the first two paper mario games are in the mid 20s to 30s range, and is dwarfed by those playing attack the light.

Says the guy who doesn't have the reading comprehension skills to follow a string of comments on Sup Forums.

>

Goddamn it, I knew it was too good be true...

That has everything to do with availability, basically everybody in the US has a smartphone or tablet, compare that to how many have a DS.

Save the Light won't do as good as the last Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi game, I think that's a given.

I'm sure nintendo made a bigger profit and did remarkably well, but no - attack the light actually has higher numbers

Somebody give me the low down please

Didn't they just renew it for another season? Why renew it if they just want to kill it?

It's Attack the Light 2: Save the Light. There's been screenshots floating around for a while now, bro.

Google that shit.

says the guy covering his ass after being called out

Bravely Default sells like gangbusters, as does pokemon and SMT games. FF15 was a massive success, as was undertale so I'm not sure what your point is? RPGs, J or otherwise, have a significant loyal audience.

Believe it or not Squeenix has a better market research department than you do, so when they stop dumping cash into turn based RPGs you might actually have a case. Atm you're just speaking out of your ass.

Why is that a good thing?

I want the real shit though, that underground stuff. The real newz, ya dig?
don't u fukin tell me to google it u fukin reprobate

theres 8 threads of SU right now
fucking stop

The episode was scheduled to air, and then CN changed their minds at the last second.
Comcast didn't get the memo, and put up the VoD as originally scheduled

Don't forget Kingdom Hearts.

So wait

Not only did CN leak the damnable thing

But it sucks and absolutely nothing new is introduced other than that if Rose and Greg had a girl they'd have named her Nora?

For fucks sake, DO SOMETHING

Kill by sudoku

Since this questions gave me so many (You)s in the other SU thread, might as well put it here too

>I always hear how the Gem Homeworld is the greatest fictional alien species and how they could glass this planet if the wanted to, so how can the earth win?

>What's stopping homeworld from glassing the planet the moment things don't go their way? What's stopping homeworld from glassing the planets if they lose? What's stopping homeworld from glassing the planet later just for revenge?

>The answer is fucking nothing, so i don't think earth will win by force of arms

Having said that, yes, i know saying gem homeworld is the greatest is retarded, but that's what everyone in SU says, i just wanted to know conspiracy teories for the finale that you might had that answers the "Glassing" questions

>Spotted the guy whose first "RPG" was FF7.

Now you have to drop your Sephiroth wallpaper.

>GF
>SU draws anyone outside of tumblr and the closet-cases who shit up this board

GTFO SUGAR WE ARE ONTO YOU

For some reason, I don't believe SU should garner this much attention one way or the other.

It was a big pile of nothing, but at least Steven's finally come to terms with the fact that Rose had him because she wanted him to exist. Not for some grand destiny of some sort, but to live for himself.

One option would be that Homeworld wants the planet for one reason or another, necessitating a conventional invasion.

Another option would be Steven having to go into space and stop the Diamonds from glassing the planet.

I hope they do the former.

Can someone whose seen the leak give me a quick rundown?

>so they can bump it off and start giving the money to a kids show that'll actually give back some revenue

So more reruns of TTG

Here's the rundown

>Starts with Steven watching Rose's video. Rewinds it constantly during her message to Steven to find hints about what his magical destiny is.
>Lion spits up a big pink key.
>Steven tries it on the chest on Rose's Island, nothing.
>Steven tries using it on various other Rose-based locations. Her armor collection. The healing fountain. Rose's Room. Nothing to unlock there.
>He begs Lion for help. Where did you get this key, Lion? Take me there!
>Lion takes Steven to the desert where they first met. They travel for hours until they finally reach a big decaying structure with some pink pillars sticking out of the ground. In the center: A lock. He uses the key and behind the door... A room full of garbage.
>Frustrated Steven kicks the garbage around and finds a tape labelled "NORA".
>Steven begs Lion one more time: Take me somewhere to understand this tape!
>Lion takes him to Greg where they both watch the tape.
>It's the exact same tape Rose made for Steven, but replace all the names of "Steven" with "Nora".
>Upset Steven asks for an explanation for this. Who is Nora? What is my magical destiny? Why is this tape telling me nothing?
>Greg explains they narrowed it down to two names: Steven if he was a boy and Nora if he was a girl.
>They finish watching the tape with Rose gushing over how great humans are and Greg gives a speech that lets Steven come to the conclusion that his magical destiny is being Rose's Kid and he's O-K with that. Oh and he cries the entire time this happens.

Credits to the other user that saw it

Fucking tell me about it.

Attack the Light scratched an itch that's been up my ass for fucking ages.

Well no. Do you honestly think it's less likely people were drawn to the game because of the branding than the gameplay which they wouldn't even know about unless they were around people who talked about the brand in the first place? It feels like you're reaching for just about ANY reason to attribute the game's success to anything but Steven Universe.

well that's FUCKING retarded
but thank you

Yeah nah I'm done. This show is irredeemable

YD just wants that planet to fucking die already, its going to be the second option im afraid

>because people love skill trees
DID YOU HEARD THAT, BLIZZARD?

I'm just about at that point

Of course, I've been just about at that point for a couple episodes now

Room for Ruby eased it off a little, but not much

I mean Goddamn, the one chance you have to salvage this string of shitty episodes and you still manage to fuck it all to hell

All we do is rehash the same episodes over and over and over and over and over

> Steven has mom issues
> Pearl is still bitter about Rose
> Amethyst has self-worth issues
> Garnet is FUSION FUSION DID I MENTION THAT I'M A FUSION TODAY WELL I AM
> Peridot has autism, is "learning the ways of Earth"
> Lapis is depressed
> Lars is an asshole but really just wants loooooove
> Ronaldo is a greasy pathetic manchild

OVER
AND
OVER
AND
OVER
AND
OVER

> the 'Leak' Shit
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzoqlqTNMXr5bzR5OXUtWml0NVU/view

>The twist is literally "If it's a boy, Shinji. If it's a girl, then Rei."

Except that actually had some emotional weight to swing

This is just retarded

As retarded as it would be, having Nora show up and be Steven's secret sister (despite making absolutely no sense internally) would at least add something to the show, something unexpected and new. It might be good, or it might be complete and utter shit that tanks the show, but at least it would be SOMETHING

>Gee, I wonder what anime I will rip-off this week...

>Ronaldo
have him be the hero this series deserves.

>"Except that actually had some emotional weight to swing"

true: it was "The austic mute girl who looks like your mom is the name they wanted for you if you were a girl"

>oh btw that girl is sort of your alien-half-sister-mom-clone thing, who's been repeatedly cloned and shit and will now turn you into TANG

>SU makes no money

What, did Sug say no merchandise allowed or something?

Usually Cartoon Network is TERRIBLE at merchandising their shows. You can't just stick a few shirts in Hot Topic and call it a day. They have only themselves to blame for a lack of merchandising ideas.

To be fair, the last time they went with a toy company other than Funko it ended badly. Do I need to remind people about Regular Show's toy line by Jakks?

So this was a clickbait episode? I hope everyone see the leak, so the ratings of this episode crash

You know what? I'm glad that I (or we, if more people share the same thoughts as me) got to watch it now and be done with it, instead of waiting for the unpredictable hiatus to end and discover it's a somewhat unfulfilling episode that probably wasn't fucking worth the wait

this was pretty sweet. I just wish Steven's voice was so annoying to listen to.

Crystal G's go full arab on those mineral fuckers

allah akubara

With pops In heaven. jolly good show.

That's still marketing and merchandising departments fail.

The thing with SU, you need some unique merch to get the bucks rolling in. The kids WANT the stuff. It'd be goddamned easy to make something cool.

Funkos are safe. Even though I hate them, they'd sell decently. Action figures wouldn't work out too well. They'd be better making on-character statues/dioramas.

Clothing line is like a no-brainer. Steven star shirts, SU themed socks. Could also go Venture Bros style and have a shirt club with one time shirts. Gem candy.

Educational gem growing kit? Idk. There's things that could be done.

>no terror tales of the park this year
> no thanksgiving special
> no Christmas special
> no ninth season

cont.
but SU is still on tv.

Take this /sug/ shit off to fucking
MODS
O
D
S

There were a few things that were shown at last year's New York Toy Fair that some folks would've gone gaga over, the most notable being foam versions of Garnet's gauntlets and Steven's shield. The main issue is that, as far as I know, those never saw the light of day.

>Educational gem growing kit?

I never see those outside of science museums and occasionally Target, the fact that you can only pull off the look of certain Gems (Pearl would be hard to do) with 'em due the crystalline structure of the crystals in question.

>Funkos are safe. Even though I hate them, they'd sell decently.

Agreed, I remember how hard it was to get a set of the first wave when they came out. Bloody scalpers...