Sandra Bullock Says Ocean’s Eight is ‘Not a Reboot’

>Ocean’s Eight star Sandra Bullock says the all-female heist film is not a reboot. Bullock is set to star alongside Rihanna, Cate Blanchett, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway, Dakota Fanning, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson and Awkwafina in the new Ocean’s franchise entry directed by Gary Ross

>Bullock confirmed that she is playing Danny Ocean’s sister Debbie, an ex-con. Bullock also spoke about the perils of doing an all-female movie after the backlash that ensued with 2016’s Ghostbusters reboot. As Bullock was careful to point out, Ocean’s Eight is not being positioned as a reboot.

>They did put [the Ghostbusters cast] through hell. And I’m still trying to figure out why. Forget what the final product was! There were four or five of the most talented comediennes in that film. Everyone should’ve just taken a breath and said, “let’s see what happens.” It doesn’t take just five people to make a movie. It’s pretty much like around 300. So I keep reminding everybody, if you hate my film remember there’s another 299 people all around me. We’re not a reboot. We’re just a this is what’s happening in 2017. It’s not even a passing of the torch. It’s a parallel story of another family member that was raised in the same family Danny Ocean was and what happens when Debbie steps out of jail with all of these amazing, powerful women.

So Sup Forums are you going to be big meanie bullys again like Ghostbusters?

Or accept this powerful women?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/z726OPwCnjE
youtube.com/watch?v=LnzYG0ZkrXg
youtu.be/HTyKBTyv2dw
youtu.be/7o23w8i0H-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>When asked by EW about any negative comments she and her cast-mates might have heard from male moviegoers angry about women stepping into the shoes of George Clooney, Brad Pitt and company, Bullock admitted there have been some unkind words but added that she and her Ocean’s Eight co-stars aren’t the kind of people to take that sort of thing lying down:

>We got some but boy, I mean, I’ll tell you, we’ve got some feisty women that will fight right back. It’s like, let’s just take a breath and let’s just see if we come up with something fun. There should be a moratorium. There should be a rule, you’re not allowed to say anything nasty until after it comes out. Obviously that’s never going to happen.

Fuck no. The Oceans movies are comfy and nice. If this is made in the same style, who gives a shit if its all female? If it's bad, then fuck it. I was mad at ghostbusters for shitting on its continuity and not being like the other films. They took the brand and made schlock. If Oceans eight takes the brand and commits to it Ill be delighted.

>They did put [the Ghostbusters cast] through hell. And I’m still trying to figure out why. Forget what the final product was!
>Forget what the final product was
uh

Why does it always come back to Ghostbusters?

And why are they still defending a film that people hated for the right reasons?

going to fail so hard.

>Forget what the final product was!

>this is just what's happening in 2017

Well, yeah, user. Movies are political and social entertainment. You can't dislike a movie with brilliant, accomplished, representative casting and a pioneering spirit just because of muh entertainment.

>forget what the final product was
I forgot people cared more about what went on behind the scenes and how well everyone got along rather than how well done the product was.
I bet that if you ask these people what they think of the movie 'The Usual Suspects' they'd say it's a shit film because Kevin Spacey is in it.

One can only hope, user. The only problem is that I can't see women pulling off the "suave and smooth" factor that makes Ocean's Eleven what it is. If they keep the same style of camerawork, dialogue, storytelling, etc. it could work, but that's my only concern.

That looks like a shot from a Sex in the City episode, not a heist film. None of those women look like they've been in prison.

She's talking about how people hated it before it was even out.

>Sandra defends paul the guy who's movie she starred in with melissa
wow

I'm watching this purely because Bullock is in it.

IDK what she is saying, I haven't seen anybody trash this film the same way they trashed Ghostbusters.

This move actually has some competent actresses in it that will carry it. It will probably be cringe at times but it won't be so bad.

>There were four or five of the most talented comediennes
>comediennes
>talented

>Awkwafina

But the final product was shit

That, and it's sort of hard to remember, but Ocean's Eleven was starring pretty much the biggest names around. I don't think Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Cate Blanchett, etc. have the same star power as George Clooney, Matt Damon, and Brad Pitt. Not even to mention Julia Roberts, coming off of winning the Oscar for Erin Brockovich.

Yes, but people dragged it through the coals before that based solely on who the cast was.
They didn't wait and see if it would be shit, they assumed it just would be shit because women.

It was shit before it was out. Don't you remember the promo campaign? Or anything leading up to the film at all?

>Mindy Kaling
Who?
>Sarah Paulson
Who?
>Awkwafina
What?

>Focus on the final product!
>>ok the final product was shit
>y-yeah but people assumed it would be shit even before it came out
Still doesnt change that the final product was shit

Only going to watch this for Mommy Cate.

They also focused on the shitty trailer, jokes, and constant hatred that Feig had for fans of the original

How many instances of "Oh, let me just get past this security guard by distracting him with my boobs" do you think are going to end up in this movie??

>Rihanna
lol nope

OK here's the deal: there are several actresses in this that I like, and I enjoy heist movies and I also enjoyed the Oceans film series. So I'll most likely see this film too. If it is good, I will say so and say I liked it and say why. If it is bad, I will say so and say why. Same thing I did with Ghostbusters (2016). I fucking hated Ghostbusters 2016. So I ask you this: does this make me a misogynist?

forget the all-female cast aspect of this. gary ross is just not the same level of filmmaker as steven soderbergh. this will be a shitshow

>terrible idea
>terrible cast
>horrible gimmick
>promo imagery looks like shit
>that first trailer
>Behind the scenes Sony email leaks
Yes its because people hated women they hated that trailer you fucking roastie cunt.

Kill yourself now. Now. Right now. Grab a rope, grab a knife. End it. End it right now you stupid fucking ugly cunt. You dumb fucking nigger.

You deserve every ounce of fucking misery in your dumb cocksucking life. fuck you, burn in hell.

>but boy, I mean, I’ll tell you, we’ve got some feisty women that will fight right back
See now if I called these women feisty I would be called a woman-hater.

I actually like Sandra Bullock so I won't hate on it I just won't watch it.

>Everyone should’ve just taken a breath and said, “let’s see what happens.”
This comment just slightly bugs me. I could tell exactly what was going to happen just from my knowledge of the pre-production. I was just supposed to put my hands over my eyes and pretend I wasn't looking at a train that was about to wreck?

314. ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 11/30 **#5**
This permanent A list mostly movie actress has always been closeted. She has always put her boyfriends front and center, but the women in her life have never seen the light of day with her anywhere near them. Apparently though, her latest boyfriend got her female lover of the past couple years, pregnant. This should all be very interesting. Sandra Bullock/Bryan Randall

you got the reference, well done

>Rihanna
Since when does she act?

>snidely name-dropping that piece of fucking shit

Fuck you wash out. I was interested in this movie but not anymore!

Kill yourself you fucking faggot.

her music career is no longer relevant as she's old she wants to become an actor to stay hip and in the spotlight.

>Be creatively bankrupt
>Take successful movie from the past
>Add lazy reverse gender twist
>Bully people into supporting it
>Rinse, repeat
Ask yourself, why is this an Ocean's movie? Why not an original female dominated heist movie? I'm sure it could work. This is just lazy Hollywood pumping out another shitty product and then crying sexism when nobody buys.

the problem I have with this movie is how she's a "master thief" whilst being estranged from her brother another master thief. her character should have been like Rusty (Brad Pitt) and the main person should have been Cate Blanchett or someone else.
the first three movies heavily established that in the criminal underworld of this franchise everyone is highly connected despite relationships sometimes turning sour. now, they're introducing a character whom somehow is apart from everything while being a part of it.

>Dude fuck men lmao
Ookay
>Dude ghostbusters if for geeks lmao
>full on comedy, drop the spoopy supernatural shit
>OH LAWWWWD
>If you support gamergate, then just skip our movie shitlord

The PR behind this movie was a fucking disaster and Paul Faig is another hollywood whore who got where he is by dropping trou, like the majority of these sluts.

Kill yourself

>reference
so deep

>Ocean's Eleven was starring pretty much the biggest names around.
This. One of the biggest appeals of Oceans's Eleven was that is was essentially a movie's version of an All-Star game.... it was a dream team cast of Hollywood royalty at the time. Eight just doesn't have the same star power. Doesn't mean its going to be bad, but its pretty unlikely that its going to be Ocean's Eleven good.

They just refuse to learn from their mistakes and still going with the exact same strategy lmao. They'll get the same results

To be honest I'd rather watch this than GB so far

But if they rev up that feminist marketing angle they can fuck off

This. Her last album is a flop

of all sad words of tongue or pen the saddest are these Sup Forums was right again

She's also implying that everyone should have gone to see it even if they didn't want to. No matter what their reason was for not wanting to.

since 2006

>Sarah Paulson

Ugh, why is she in stuff?

You're sexist if you dont go desu

>comediennes

Why do you hate women?

the truth is always opposite of what that shithole says.

velvet mafia

I don't really intend on disliking it unless it's shit. But when the actresses come out with this feminist speak "forget what the final product was because it's with women", that's bullshit. Then they go on to say "AMAZING POWERFUL WOMEN". Gee, sounds like a lot of character variation there. Every women just HAS to be powerful huh?

Probably the most insulting marketing tactic I've seen in recent years.

There is almost no reason for her to be in any movie. Let alone this one.

>We’re just a this is what’s happening in 2017.
?

I would rather her in new star wars than that dollop trollop we got.

who is she even? never heard of her before this shit, neither has any of my friends.

She is a "rapper and comedian." She's done some youtube stuff,

youtu.be/z726OPwCnjE
youtu.be/z726OPwCnjE

I expected a black woman.

lmao, copying a male song

youtube.com/watch?v=LnzYG0ZkrXg

women can't come up with original ideas

>Sandra bullocks shilling hard for girlbusters

No sorry sandy. That movie was terrible and that wasn't 4 of the funniest comedians or talents in a film.

Literally, figuratively, and metaphorically, who the FUCK is awkwafina?! Are they so desperate to find 12 A list celebrity? That’s like W list

She specifically said "comediennes", not comedians.

>Aquafina

youtu.be/HTyKBTyv2dw

youtu.be/7o23w8i0H-w

That's fucking horrible.

Casting Anne Hathaway was a mistake. Women hate her, and men aren’t going to see this shit anyway so who do you have left

Why do they keep trying to push Anne Hathaway as sexy. She’s like a cute friend at best

>Awkwafina
Niggers.

Top kek.
What the fuck would you know about having cute friends, guy?

uhhh

watched it with the sound turned off
kind of cute

wouldn't have been a problem if they just made an original all-female heist movie without leaning onto the popularity of the male driven film. feminist can't seem to into feminism because their minds are too closed which prevents them from looking at the bigger picture.

also responding to haters are going to alienate potential audiences.

I didn't.care about it being women. But that first trailer was horrific. If anything you could tell from the trailer that it being women made them think they could.do what they want with the franchise and if you had any critique you were misogynist or hated women. I expect them same with this. Either you love it and praise it or you hate women ZERO middle ground.

Powerful women is an oxymoron.

yeesh..... that's the first time a qt asian killed my boner... i didn't even think that was possible

>Awkwafina
this isn't a real name

i'm a man and have zero interest in watching this, I won't even bother to pirate the shit.

I mean she isn't ugly by any means. I'd bang the hell out of catwoman sexy voice hathaway.

My only problem is that Soderbergh isn't directing again. I have no idea why considering his last movie was Lucky Logan and it wasn't some huge blockbuster or anything. I'm not even sure he's producing it. It NEEDS the soderbergh style.

>it's not a reboot
This actually makes me kind of interested in it. I'm not 100% sure about the actresses they picked though. I probably wouldn't watch it at all if they just rebooted it and made it Dani Ocean or whatever, like they did with Ghostbusters.

>Ocean’s Eight is not being positioned as a reboot
good. now all she has to do is not shit on men and antagonize them in the movie advertisements and her movie will fail, but at least it wont fail because she was a cunt

>Its not a reboot, its just my original character who is the sister of the that character you like!
>please see it...please...

This is fucking sad.

To me it's a simple issue. Feminists in Hollywood seem to be under the impression that profitable movies are a sole result of the genders involved. The Ghostbusters was a great movie because it starred 4 guys. The fail in all of this is the line of thinking that suggests, 'well, if we cast 4 great women, then it'll be just as good if not better'.

That's what is happening here. They think that an ensemble cast of women is what will make this successful. They don't seem to realize that what makes a movie successful, first and foremost, is THE SCRIPT. If they have an awesome script, it doesn't matter who says the words. Tarantino's movies prove this point over and over again.

Why is F. Murray Abraham astonishing in Amadeus and terrible in everything else? It's not the actor. Why is Christoph Waltz wonderful in Inglorious Basterds and terrible in Spectre? It's not the actor.

These idiots are focusing on the type of paint being used, not on the composition of the painting. But considering that they have proven over and over again that they do not realize that the painting exists (like an ant crawling on top of it), this will continue until Hollywood is consumed by the Chinese.

>hating on the original Ocean's Eleven
yeah nah fuck off m8
Ol Blue Eyes and Dino are /ourguys/

Why do they all have that kind of serious "I'm trying to look cool" face? It's really bothering me.

>Danny Ocean's sister

That seems an odd choice when you already have character from the previous movies that you could have turned into the lead.
Just have Julia Roberts gather up a crew on her own.

this is gonna tank hard, isn't it?

>Mindy kaling

yuck

stay salty

i think they filled the cast with nobodies because all the other females of fame are ancient or fat