Time for a preview of Sup Forums's favorite comic!

Time for a preview of Sup Forums's favorite comic!

Woooow....so this is the power of Woke......

I only read this to see grown men get upset over a children's coloring book and it never seems to let me down

Still fighting those comically evil capitalist mercenaries I see.

>impact memes
>"hate machine"
is Waid time displaced by about 5 years or what

"Kids still use Image Macros right?"

I swear every time I read this series it feels like Waid's done a two minute browse of Twitter for research and only so he can wag his finger at youth culture

Really, Waid? Really? The courts want to put the #WokeTeam to DEATH because of something a homeless man said. If the homeless man said Conan O'Brian was Galactus, would they believe him?

Viv's got nice tits

It most be intentional, there is no way he can look up means and not get at least find single modern meme. Every chapter is filled with dated references.

Fuck you, Dad!

It's not the literal court she's talking about, she's talking about the court of public opinion.

Now whether the court of public opinion really matters as much as she thinks it does is up for debate.

Wait... Wait... Wait... If the Freelancers are a publically known group with a track record of attacking the marginalized, then why were the public, let alone the police so quick to believe the accusations of two homeless people?

I dunno why it bugs me so much that Tykelops here is drawn like a lanky child but as a grown man in his own series

Top panel looks weird. Like their legs are a tad too long.

Hobos never lie.

But you'd think that the "Woke" crowd would smell an obvious smear campaign when they see one

Then again, this is clearly being written by someone on the outside looking in

But I thought Kamala left the Avengers to found the Champions because the Avengers were unconcerned with helping on a more societal level

Now when one offers to assist in such a manner, they refuse?!

yesss, internet hate machine those early 2000's memes.

All jokes aside, this really is one of the worst comics I've ever read. Everything about it comes off like a forced out of touch train wreck, and the fact that Marvel thought that this of all things was going to be their next flagship title just goes to show how far they really have fallen.

As much as I hate this series, Viv's outfits/hair are continually nice.

By the man that brought you Kingdom Come

I know Sup Forums likes to rag on Marvel hiring younger millenial authors, but HOLY SHIT is this one book that desperately needs a younger voice at the wheel

I honestly feels like Marvel just gave Waid the job because of Impulse (which was 20 fucking years ago) and Waid using it to lecture kids these days on how they're doing it wrong

How is Cho so fucking manlet despite being like 20?

>Everything about it comes off like a forced out of touch train wreck,
It's funny because this book started with a literal trainwreck.

Memes aside, what a shitty page composition; It looks like they are looking themselves from above or something and the dialogue flow in the middle section is a fucking mess.

It's sad to know that a comic that understand the medium so bad is one of the big books of Marvel right now.

>"hit the web"
>woke
>impact font memes

I'm 18 and this is like Jesus Christ is My Nigga except not ironically funny. This is like they got one of those ludicrously enthusiastic guys from one of those anti-bullying organisations who 'hip hop danced' in front of your entire school to a censored version of a Soulja Boy song to write a comic. What the fuck, Marvel.

I'll never get over the fact that Tyke is drawn like a 13 year old here. It's just so fucking jarring.

>internet is hate machine
And Sup Forums is the final boss, am I right or am I right fellow kids?

>Asian
I really wonder how

Those children of the corn are getting way out of line.

My prediction is this comic will make the heroes solve an incredibly complex problem in a stupidly simple way that actually turns to be counter-productive in the long run towards the people they were trying to help.

Just like the issue where they go and save the middle-eastern women, by punching a lot of evil dudes in the beard, then leaving right afterwards, leaving the women at the mercy of the terrorists once more.

Reminder that this is supposed to be a flagship title

which also sucked ass

Uhm why are the evil capitalist mercenaries have black women, fat women, and women with blue hair and sidecuts

Problematic much waid

Anyone know last issue's sales?

Kamala being all c00l and stuff with that meme generator.

Kingdom Come was mostly Ross. Waid only did dialogue, not the plot (which explains why so much of the Kingdom Come plot is retarded)

No he had input in the plot. They actually argued a lot over what should happen in it. Like for instance Ross wanted only Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman to survive at the end, Waid felt it would make it look like Superman's actions throughout the story led to an even bigger disaster.

Well, he did say smartest MAN, not smartest person. As far as smartest MAN goes, the only men confirmed smarter than him are Beast, Doom and T'Challa with Blue Marvel probably ranking up there unofficially since Tony/Reed/Pym aren't "in the world."

So he'd actually be closer to ~5th smartest man in the world.

Hello, new waifu.

what a bunch of brats

He's also the man that wrote best Flash.
And a more than decent DareDevil.

Fuck you.

Well, not really. Tumblr,on the on ther hand...

If I recall correctly, Marvel is still counting Hank Pym as alive.

>the only court that matters
I've always said mob justice is the only true justice

Check out America #2's preview. I almost had a stroke due to anger.

Someone post Ms America #2 preview

I though Blue Marvel only had a Masters degree or two, no? I clearly remember him bragging about his masters to Luke Cage before being punched to the orbit.

It's one of those "we can do this own our own" kind of things. It's respectable, but they were kind of jerks about it.

Defacer, you are supposed to be kidnapped right now

I kinda like her.
>Indestructible
>Covers herself with explosive
>Supposedly her clothes aren't as indestructible as she is
>dat midriff

I saw it, but despite the limilar tone these are two very different mosntrs. America was written by an unskilled diversity hire who's basically making officially published fanfiction. A travesty, yes, but nothing compared to a well respected industry vet sinking to the lowest lows of Marvels new "youth friendly" direction and making an utter ass of himself in the process.
This is the comic Marvel thinks needs to be read. This was going to be their next Avengers. This was supposed to pave the way for a brand new era of socially conscious super heroism. This garbage, this utter catastrophe of a book was the thing that they thought would bring in new readers and make the relevant again. America is and will always be terrible, but this was their big push. This was the one that an enter company backed and shilled for all they could. I truly do believe that this is the book that future generations will look back on and laugh there asses off over.

Yes, it's badly written. Yes, it's full of "How are you doing, fellow kids". Yes, the dialogue is unbearable.
However. The conflict is present. Characters have personalities. They might be shitty ones, but personalities nonetheless. They even get a rogue gallery.
Champions might be bad. But it's not as bad as a LOT of current Marvel book.
I'll take Champions over anything X-related, America or even Miles's solo book.
I'm not defending it. It's bad. But it's not as bad.

Not the guy you're talking to, but Waid's Flash is seriously overrated.

Women in explosions are sexy.

That doesn't make it worse.
I don't know how much praise it receives, but sure is was my favourite run, to be honest. It was also my first one, which may be partially the reason why it's my most liked, I admit.

It's almost like a lot of writers blow their load early in their careers and then write shit.

People who can do the long haul are few and far between.

>movement for change

No one is going to take your social revolution seriously, when you're dressed up in goofy costumes.

Go punch bad guys.

Fair enough. A lot of people like it, but I'm a longtime Flash fan and for me it's like nails on a chalkboard. I do like Waid's Impulse, though.

Even if you accept that Ultron IS Hank Pym, everyone on Earth assumes he's dead and even if they knew he was still alive, he's not on Earth so he's not "one of the smartest people in the world."

FUCK OFF BENDIS.

Most teenage moment here.

No one gives a fuck about the homeless except liberal people in the burbs trying to feel better about being assholes. Anyone who has lived in a real city as working class hates the homeless.

Its Ramos, be grateful lanky is the worst you get.

Because , there the Champions. They let a bunch of hookers in a steel containr die on their first mission then stood in a circle and tweet about it.

>the ship that was sunk 2 issues in

>"Kids still use Image Macros right?"
yes, all the time

I swear to god, this somehow gets worse by the issue. Both writing and art.

To be fair, Vision recently tried to kill Victor Mancha and beat up all the avengers with a ton of collateral damage. That seems like a more understandable excuse than "fuck you, dad, we're independent now"

How the mighty have fallen

>Impact memes

I feel like with every new issue of this comic, Waid is writing a parody of the previous one

SamXCho:OTP

Beware, bigot! Watch your back, misoginist! Stay in line, straight white male! Champions will catch you!