How will they change him Sup Forums?

Aquaman is going to get the most exposure he's ever had in JL. How will DC change him so the normies can recognise him now he's an islander?
How will DC change the based blondie into an islander in the comics? Alternate universe Aquaman?

If they were going to change him they would have done it at the start of Rebirth when they gave everyone else their synergy-influenced looks.

They're not going to because his design is plenty iconic on its own.

At best they'll bring back the beard, the long hair or both.

+ tattoos.

That's a major reason I love DC
They casted will smith for Deadshot then have a comic where a black guy try to replace Deadshot but ended up killed by him

I wish they'd get rid of the pebble shirt he's got in Rebirth, his New 52 look was good.

He's already confirmed to get the beard when Sepjic comes on and I could see him getting some sort of tats but that's it.

Man tribal tatts would look dumb af on aryan author

Pretty sure he's from Atlantis

some darker batb Aquaman which sounds good to em

I hate those tattoos so much. They don't mean anything, they're just there to make him look like he has armor. So stupid.

Wait, Sejic? Well, now I have to read it.

>make him look like he has armor.
that is a meaning

Ok, here's some Sejic goodness.

How come no one is super bothered by the switch up of races with Aquaman and Wonder Woman? Most of the complaints I've seen were about WW's physique anyway.

Compared to the shit storm over Marvel comic's race swapping that rages to this day?

He sure loves beards.

Mera

Manta

That depends if race bend aquaman becomes popular and I hope not

I'm still hoping DC comics will stick to the original blond hunk

Reminder that this is how the general audience sees Aquaman.

I'm bothered
As well as with the Faggot flash

I always post how to me they look like snl parody jokes and they are a miscast

Its so easy to find a viking white guy look at what marvel did to hemsworth

Gadot is white, just tanned.

this is a joke, right?

They'll probably go the same route that Synergy Squad took

>They're tribal, bro!
>I'm sorry, what tribe are you from?

Looks great.

Not as great as the classic design but it's serviceable and I like it well enough.

I don't like the helmet on the right. And I have to wonder what the rational is with the lights on his shoulders and the top bit of the costume. It makes him look more like an actual manta ray, which I really like, actually.

Gadot and Wonder Woman are both from the same region of the world. If anything Gadot is the best choice to play her just based on race.

How many times are people gonna say this bullshit? Amazons aren't Greek, they're a fantasy race. There are black Amazons.

You can't even say "well Amazons in the DCEU are Greek" because there are two black Amazons in the movie.

I'm in a weird place, because on the one hand, I really wish we got a traditional, blonde, more classic Aquaman on screen. On the other hand, I really like the way Momoa looks. It's an inspired take on the character. It also works because it's not that far off from some incarnations of Aquaman, like 90's Aquaman. It also kind of works because it's not like his Atlantean mother couldn't have gotten preggers by a Pacific Islander or something. People say that being blonde was important to Aquaman, because Atlanteans were prejudiced and superstitious as fuck towards him for being blonde but they could always make them prejudiced towards him for another reason too, keeping the spirit of that element of the Aquaman mythos.

I think I'm more upset that he's probably going to end up being Loboquaman than anything else.

He will be more badass in dceu

Her ancestral name is Greenstein

Like most Jews today, she is of European descent not Hebrew, because those guys got assimilated centuries ago

>it's not like his Atlantean mother couldn't have gotten preggers by a Pacific Islander or something

Yep they're eyeing Jango Fett to play his dad.

They already tried a modest change during Bunn's run. At most they might give him his long hair and beard back.

He's a beer drinking maori biker now.

Why are you watching this?

>How come no one is super bothered by the switch up of races with Aquaman

It gets brought up a lot, though. At least around here. You won't really find anyone who cares on social media.

>Aquaman: T-Thomas!
>Batman: WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!
>Aquaman: S-SAVE THOMAS!

>I really wish we got a traditional, blonde, more classic Aquaman on screen.

And its not like a straight-laced, upstanding, noble and charismatic superhero can't work on the big screen.

>How come no one is super bothered by the switch up of races with Aquaman and Wonder Woman?

Neither of them are human to begin with? Technically they belong to no actual "race" that actually exists, what somebodies idea of what people from Atlantis or Themyscira is open to interpretation

It's not the same thing as having a black guy and calling him white or a lion and calling it a tiger, they are of fictional species all to start with, there are no rules to bitch about

No, he's from Boston or something

>Technically they belong to no actual "race" that actually exists

But Arthur does? He's not full Atlantean. Granted that doesn't stop the raceswap since they can go from "Caucasian dad" to "____ dad".

Historically DC has done raceswaps and they don't really matter if the general aesthetic is still met. Like everyone liked Dean Cain as Clark Kent and we've had several black Catwomen.

I'm mostly bugged by the fact that the only person's hair they bothered to dye was Mera.

It looks to much like they made Lobo and then decided to call him Aquaman any damn way.

Reminder that NCW can play long haired Aquaman....

Fucking this. He'd be perfect as Lobo but we're stuck with him as Aquaman.

...or short haired Aquaman and still looks perfect.

You just picked a random blonde guy. He's not attractive enough.

>And its not like a straight-laced, upstanding, noble and charismatic superhero can't work on the big screen.
Well, that sort of describes another one of their superheroes.

Aquaman is a little less straight-laced and upstanding. He might kill a motherfucker or put him in the hospital if he feels like he has to.

That makes bitching about race even more retarded then.

They could have at least given him his fucking spear hand like he had in David's run, it's like the most 90's accessory imaginable, but it's also practical once he gets the S.T.A.R. labs upgrade

Dude. Can you fucking imagine Momoa trying to sound like Lobo?

It would never work.

Water hand>spear

This.

The spear is pure shit

>He might kill a motherfucker or put him in the hospital if he feels like he has to.

True, and that's why Savage Aquaman can work, but I still prefer the idea of progressing into that direction instead of starting off right in it. Superman, you expect him to remain noble and upstanding while other heroes can say fuck it and get their hands dirty when need be.

>White people complaining about white characters not being the right kind of white
Wondy could've been literally any race according to her made-of-clay origin story. Aquaman could've been any race as long as he was half-white and they could've just made his mother match whatever skin color he had. The flash could've been any race because culture/tradition has never been a part of his stories. Hell, if he was Black, it would've made more sense for his dad to be wrongfully incarcerated.

Saved for later movies.

>True, and that's why Savage Aquaman can work, but I still prefer the idea of progressing into that direction instead of starting off right in it.
Build up? In the Snyder universe? Fucking kek.

Didn't you know this universe loves to start right in the middle of everyone's stories?

I wish this was actually true but instead we just get a shitload of flashbacks and WW is basically entirely an origin movie.

I know. I got too hopeful with speculation and jumped the gun.

He has the hair and attitude already. You don't think the harpoon hand is coming by the end of his solo movie?

The armor in the first promo pic, if you remove the tats, is alot like the teal Jaguars pants costume.

>and WW is basically entirely an origin movie.
To be fair, WW debuted in BvS and WW is pretty much one big flashback movie.

They know him as a water guy and he's still a water guy, it's not going to confuse anyone.
He doesn't exactly look like a typical islander either.

>aryan

He isnt even caucasian

he is just using it as a meme phrase, doesn't actually know the meaning

She's a Mediterranean (Jew), that's probably ethnically closer than Linda Carter.

Losing his hand and kid is like the most iconic Aquaman moment ever, I'd bet they use it in his movie.

>There are black Amazons.

Only one, made from black clay.

The rest is non-campm pc shit

Sound like a word bubble comic character?

>noble

Fuck Steve Bush jr

This is literally not true at all. Pretty sure Nubia doesn't even exist anymore outside of Earth-23

It's too late for AM with the normies, Big Bang Theory already turned him into a meme.

No him but. She is ashkenazi so sh is more of central european than Med.

But Sure she is in fact from a med country and that is fine.

I dislike the fake diversity in the island,

I mean, why else do you think he's riding the batmobile and bro-ing with him so quickly. Batman found the true path to friendship, similarities in parental names.

In that bar scene from the trailer Bruce definitely follows up "I heard you talk to fish" with "and your fathers name, like mine, was Thomas."

Also for it makes sense how flash might be black seeing how fast he runs, they should limit his power to running 100m though.

Super Friends did that, all that BBT, Family Guy and Robot Chicken did was piling on a decades-old meme.

And that's why i say they are not canon, and just PC shit.

The amazons are Meds. Slavs, southern euros including celts, germanics from northern africa, anatolians, Semits, north africans, even turkish pople could had ended in that island.

Not blacks. fuck off with your PC shit

Hopefully he gets long hair and a beard again.

You say that like there were no black people at all sailing the Mediterranean seas ever.

>. Aquaman could've been any race as long as he was half-white and they could've just made his mother match whatever skin color he had.

Being BLONDE is an important part of the aqua mythos.

But The hair color on DCEU Aquaman is fine

Where exactly did you get this impression? You do realize it's located in the Bermuda triangle and not near the Mediterranean, right?

To their credit, WB has never given a fuck about stuff like that. Harry Potter didn't even have green eyes despite it being pretty fucking important.

Aquasual here, how is it part of his mythos?

>Being BLONDE is an important part of the aqua mythos.

Like anyone would accept the story of a blonde person being looked down upon as an outsider.

White people hate their characters not being perfectly white in other incarnations

his jimmies were rustled by the mudpeople pretending to be an aryan ubermensch

>You do realize it's located in the Bermuda triangle

Linda that stuff is from the show, its either near spain and portugal as the Canary islands but more into th pacific or in the mediterranean near italy now

Bad omen stuff.

Aquaman isnt aryan, and aryan doesnt mean blonde

Movie Arthur is a Newfie

>aryan doesnt mean blonde
don't try explaining that to the sperges on Sup Forums. Their elementary school teacher told them aryans were blond hair blue eyes so that's what it is.

Is iceland confirmed to be iceland?

One of the reason why I will not pay to watch this
Ill just wait for the torrent
I did I it with deadpool and thank good for that
I do not support race bending of flagshit heroes

Nothing is confirmed but Zack posted this photo from the Justice League set in Iceland, and the Aquaman director was recently scouting locations in Newfoundland.

Is Themyscira having the same various locations as Atlantis intentional?

>Deadpool
Do you mean blind Al?
She's hardly a flagship character.

Manta looks like those whatcha-ma-callits from the Transformers where they're robots with human outer shells

Half 90's half outrageous. I think it's perfect.

How's the wife and kid?

You're going to pipe this fantasy of yours in every thread eh?
Outside of long hair/facial hair, he looks absolutely nothing like 90's Aquaman.

What I love about DC right now is that they're not pressured to cater to the movie audience atm. New 52 was their experimental stage, and I happy from what they've learned going into Rebirth. Except that weird Bunn period, Aquaman's book has been one the best runs its had in years and I hope the momentum continues.

Not that guy but it is basically the same kind of aesthetic. Tryhard and edgy.

I'm not a fan of the Momoa look. As long as blonde aquaman is left untouched in the comics, I'll be fine.

Never liked that teaser pic. Looks like a fat homeless guy who used his begging money on shitty tattoos. Why did they decide to branch off the actor's real tattoos?