ITT: Shows to ward off depression

Also, to keep a healthy discussion going on, what aspect is the most essential for a scary movie?

It's not a film, but The Orville is pretty light hearted and has some pretty cool episodes.

Also audio can make or break a horror film.

Get up and go outside (2017)

Neon Genesis Evangelion

a feeling of dread

I used Parks and Rec.

If anyone can survive having a shitty life like Andy. you can too.

can't you just watch Jem or something silly like that

Watch Mind Your Language. It's old and pretty cheesy but still my absolute favorite for dumb fun.

nothing is going to ward off depression
nothing at all

M*A*S*H

Forgot to mention; do NOT watch the American version

>what aspect is the most essential for a scary movie?
caring about the characters

sopranos its comfy watching people get whacked and eat pasta

Shows:
ST: TNG
Community
The Office
Parks & Rec
Spaced
Garth Marenghi's Dark Place
Curb
Buffy

Basically anything with a big cast that is a comfy friend simulator. Also, get a pet if you don't have one. Dog or cat, something that isn't in a cage that can hang out with you.

swingers. always makes me feel better when im feeling down

Take it from someone with experience: No external stimuli wards off depression, at least not for very long. Grab your depression by the root and pull it out. Do anything productive to improve yourself or your life, even if it's just doing situps every day or not drinking soda.

None, OP. They are all so shitty that can't help you immerse and forget about your problems. Actors are insincere.
Movies are shit too. Everything is shit.

why not just suggest him to seek anti-depressants?

I dont know if you noticed while you were writing, but your (correct) advice to fix the problem in its root is to amass external stimuli?

hmm.. pic related got me into a better mood.
catch it on jootube eps 1-7 before they get taken down if you haven't seen it yet.

basically tom hardy walking around GETTING THINGS DONE for the sake of his family fucking name/business. gets the blood pumped.

Because pills are for bitches and they eventually just become another problem of their own.

Red Dwarf; ST:TNG; Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace; Mr Bean; Extras; The Black Adder.

>Shows to ward off depression
Peep Show
>what aspect is the most essential for a scary movie?
Tension and the unknown

find something with a lot of content because as soon as those episodes end the dark thoughts will rush right back in so you best be prepared to binge something with multiple seasons

or you could, you know, pull yourself up off the floor and find a therapist and maybe some meds

SSRIs actually lead to more thoughts of suicide. they even have a disclaimer about it.

if you must take pills, go the herbal route or look up SAM-e which is safe and widely available.

this goes without saying for any show.

I like 4:3 like in Blair Witch

X Files

Not really. The danger is in the initial improvement period when the uplift the drug gives you is the slight push you need to an hero.
Incredibly, clinically depressed people often even lack the will to commit suicide

If you wanna not be depressed stop reading and posting in this toxic shithole

>clinically depressed people often even lack the will to commit suicide
it's a lot of work man i'd rather just watch some shit

>SSRIs actually lead to more thoughts of suicide. they even have a disclaimer about it.
>if you must take pills, go the herbal route or look up SAM-e which is safe and widely available.
9/10 because people will believe you.

once again, anons - whom will you trust? a licenced medical doctor, or some user on here who lives at home and can't get a job working at target?

use your SSRIs.

being scary

i worry a lot about people who take medical advice from randoms on the internet... you're absolutely right. defer to the professionals.

The office is /comfy/ user, you can also laugh at what became of Jenna Fischer afterwards

>toxic
wow
um
i can't even
sweetie

American Office is way better until it trainwrecked

Pretty much 90's sitcom reruns

yes. i realize this is Sup Forums, but depression and suicide are serious shit. anyone desperate enough to fucking come HERE for advice of all places is probably very desperate and would also probably actually take the advice he gets here.

Frasier is maximum comfy but marathoning TV is the surest way to enable depression tbqh

Hated this one

Wakfu

I'm depressed but recently started taking meds for my panic attacks and yeah, my suicidal feelings are more out of control now than ever before. Still glad I'm on them though

sounds pretty depressing desu

I wouldn't recommend SSRI's to anyone. There's no going back once you're on them.

please also ignore this. this is not true.

OK, for anyone depressed and in a crisis, I'm going to make a claim. Ignore all medical advice in this thread except this post (even my previous ones telling you to take your SSRIs), because all I am going to tell you with this post is this:

IF YOU ARE DEPRESSED OR SUICIDAL OR BOTH, OR BELIEVE YOU HAVE ANY OTHER KIND OF MENTAL ISSUE, GO SEE A MEDICAL DOCTOR.

nah nigger, just get yourself 8 litres of wine a day and you'll be fine

Don't see a medical doctor, drugs will not help you. They cover up symptoms only. See a psychotherapist to get the root of your issues.

My experience with SSRIs was negative not because they had any horrible life altering side effects like some faggots ITT claim, but because they simply did absolutely nothing. It was like drinking water.
What's the next step? Shrooms?

t. moishe lebowitz

They don't cover up symptoms only, they get your body back to a level where it's naturally maintaining the normal level of seratonin
Take them for 6 months and wean yourself off and do CBT and you'll never need them again

>it was inevitable i cheated on my husband,
keep on cuckin!

unironically this

Generally the rx plan is to change the dose, or the specific ssri. Metaanalysis shows that SSRIs are just as good as cbt for treating depression. SSRIs are much cheaper though.

Underrated flick

This

twin peaks