Scary Go Round

I don't understand anything that's being said on this page.

Charlotte is begging to be bred.

I'm giving myself a headache trying to visually understand this strip.

I get that the "joke" is that one of the gingers was trying to make a creepy phonecall, and the other one messed it up, and bench chick is havin' a giggle over it. Or something like that.

But each panel doesn't feel connected to the next or previous one. It almost looks like panels from 3 different strips were spliced into one, because the dialogue is just that incoherent and seemingly unrelated.

It's frankly impressive.

Would it make any more or less sense if I knew a single thing about this comic? Or is it all just this sort of thing.

it's usually smoother and easier to follow than this

I'm finding this one pretty impenetrable too, and I generally find this guy's work totally accessible.

Erin is trying to make a sinister anonymous phone call to Charlotte, telling her to meet her at the Copper Edge Self Store in an hour.

Charlotte recognizes her voice immediately and mockingly refers to her as "Lily Limpwrist", pretending she's some famous rich person and fancily asking about some imaginary relative.

Erin's sister blows her cover by loudly asking about soup and Charlotte mocks her by saying the sinister anonymous phone call was not very sinister or anonymous at all.

This comic is much shorter than normal, and generally has a better flow. It's also British although I don't know how much that affects people's understanding of the content.

Ive never read this comic. Im going to take a stab at it.

>number witheld
So somebody is calling benchie and she cant see the number

>artisan short shrift
shot shrifts is like a curt dismissal. Its like when a telemarketer calls you and you go "no" and hang up the moment they ask a question. Artisan here presumably means she intends to get fancy with it?

>Hallo?
Pink text and what I can only assume was an attempt at an accent?

>Is this lily limpwrist etc
Im going out on a limb here and saying she's doing a fake voice and talking nonsense on purpose. The goal being to troll the person making the call in the first place

>readhead ruins thing by asking if other girl wants soup

>hey erin this sinister phone call you tried to pull was dogshit and I will never let you forget it

Why would someone asking about soup for lunch be a "pervert"?

The joke is that Shelley (soup redhead) is a hippie free spirit (actually the most manic pixie dream girl of all time but Allison is in massive denial over this) whereas her sister Erin (phonecall redhead) is a powerautist stickler for rules. It's one of those things which is a character moment if you've been following the strip.

As a footnote I *think* Shelley's also Allison's secret ideal girl self and he's repressing some tranny shit big style, his comic has slowly been getting more and more "wew women are superior lol amirite?????" for literal decades at this point

>(actually the most manic pixie dream girl of all time
Can't really agree with this at all, she's not really defined by her relationships with any particular man, much less some sort of brooding introvert who needs to be taught how to embrace life.
A lot of her stories are really focused more on her own adventures, relationships with friends like Amy and whatnot

>shelley
>manic pixie dream girl

It's time to stop posting.

this strip is too British for me

Why is Shelley so tan yo

This is my exact reaction to literally every single one of these strips that I've seen posted on Sup Forums, and everytime I bring up this complaint I just get responses saying "you'd understand if you followed the comic" which I guess might be fair? I've only ever read the ones posted on Sup Forums so there's probably something that I don't "get" by not being familiar with the characters, but the awkward and confusing disconnection between panels seems to be an ever present problem (or at least, problem from the perspective of someone that isn't familiar with the comic).

I think the problem with this strip is Allison has a pretty clean-cut, decent art style, so when you read it you kind of expect a coherent, professionally written story. Instead it's an incomprehensible jumbled soap opera mess. It's basically Sluggy Freelance with better art, which ends up not working at all, because Sluggy Freelance's godawful artstyle almost makes you feel sorry for and forgive the godawful story.

maybe she's been on Holiday, Brits love going to Spain and other sunny places on Holiday

You guys realize how much you sound like Aaron Diaz right

I neither know nor give a fuck who that is.

I understand it in this instance, but not so much most of the other strips

you are blessed

Is this how hipsters talk now?
Fuck this wretched decade.
2017 was a mistake.

That's just one of the writers dialog gimmicks.

Everyone talks slightly weird. Throws around slightly nonsensical insults. It's The British Charm

This was one of the strips that I saw here that left be bewildered.

What exactly is confusing about this? You realize the first four panels are part of a flashback right?

If you wanna do a flashback then grey out the panel borders or put in an "earlier today..." dialog box or something

This is the panel where the flashback begins. If this is unclear to you because it's not in grayscale I don't what to say except you are retarded, user.

I never have any idea what's going on in any of these comics, but they're drawn in a distinctive art style that makes the girls incredibly hot, so I always like to see them.

>ywn be bullied by amazon erin

>grey out the panel borders or put in an "earlier today
hey, you weren't posting something like this in a Deathstroke comic a while ago, were you?