What are the most infamous instances of where an irredeemably horrible villain was easily forgiven by the good guys in...

What are the most infamous instances of where an irredeemably horrible villain was easily forgiven by the good guys in comic/cartoon history?

Any time the x-men let mystique on to their team.

what's the name of the Hickman character that blew up parts of Canada and then became an Avenger like less than a year later? He was gold and had horns?

Mystique is not evil at all

Deathstroke in the later parts of Wolfman's Titans run.

was there a villain in naruto that wasn't redeemed?

Harley Quinn

This should be obvious

Ex Nihilo

Injustice Harley Quinn played a part in Lois death and the nuke in metropolis but batman and co seem to forgot that,superman too honestly

plenty, but the most obvious being the comically evil satanic worshiper sadomasochist (of evil) that suffered a fate worse than dying.

Starlight Glimmer. She brainwashed an entire town to do her bidding and lied to them that by removing their talents and identity, they'll be happy. Basically communism/cults.

After her town gets destroyed and she escapes. She returns for revenge.
She goes back in time and destroys reality 24 times in a row just because she has some autistic grudge over the main character for defeating her pathetic shit. Her backstory is that her already uninterested friend/boyfriend went to college without her, that's it. That's her whole motivation. She hates people who are too good for her and leave her.

After she gets seamlessly redeemed, she constantly pushes it by acting like a retard who doesn't care.

Mystique is literaly one of the worst human beings in marvel what the everloving shit are yountalking about

Wanda

It's easy to forgive someone who's about to die.

Where you guys surprised whem it was revealed that Tobi really was Obito?

Lex Luthor in 52, because this was after the infamous collapse of his presidency and he rewarded the opportunity with mass murder

Black Adam became a member of the JSA. But eventually he revealed his true colors again and corrupted some real heroes along the way.

I wasn't. When a character says one thing but the story keeps on contradicting everything the character says, you should always go with the story.

the Joker

no
same as no one was surprised that 4th was naruto's dad
the only identity related plot twist I didn't see coming was Karin being an Uzumaki, and nothing actually came of that

Hi barneyfag

discord was worse

Tobi and Obito were introduced like 2 manga issues apart. Saying "nope, I'm Madara" didn't throw ANYONE off.

They let this sociopath teach a school for impressionable children at one point in the comics.
He has been re-forgiven more than any cartoon or comics character in fiction with the possible exception of Loki.
No, I take that back, I'm pretty sure he has Loki beat.

Get out Bendis

Wasn't it some alternate universe Luthor? Or at least that's what he was saying? It was after Infinite Crisis and it's been a long time so I don't remember the specifics.

>human beings
>mutants
But yeah, Mystique is a sociopath.

The latest movie - seriously Magneto took fucking cities down. buildings with millions inside them. Genocide motherfuckers. And at the end of the movie it's just "hey buddy let me show you out have a great life again". Fucking shit writing.

Sinestro.

Just as a reminder:
>Killed the original Lantern of Sector 1417 after having been given the ring
>Took over his planet as a dictator and killed anyone who dissented
>Gave Guy Gardner brain damage
>Destroyed Kilowogs planet after it was remade and an entire sector
>Was executed for this
>Had a hand in planting Parallax into Hal leading to the worst years of Hals life
>Created the Sinestro Corps to kill the GL corps and rule space through fear

and yet he got forgiven because "MUH FRIEND". He's basically a glorified anti-hero these days and it's ridiculous.

That's what he said to get out of it, yes

Moon-bitch from the end wasn't redeemed, she was just kicked back into her own dimension. Pretty sure Madara ended up getting killed too.

At first, yes. I was around when Tobi was just Deidara's wacky henchman, and everyone called that he was Obito immediately, and when he went "I am Madara", I assumed all the hints were Red Herrings, so years later when they revealed, "nope, he really IS Obito!" I didn't see that coming, because I decided years ago the hints were fake.

Oh it did. I'm old enough to remember retards buying into it and when I said Tobi=Obito I was called an idiot and everyone was telling me it didn't make any sense.

the akatsuki was the best part of the anime after they all got killed it became boring

Wish I had that page with the X-Men acknowledging and addressing the fact most of them have gone evil at one point or another, and it's basically a monthly thing they deal with.

As of recent in fact I think with Dark Phoenix, Dark Beast, Eternal Winter Iceman, Horseman Archangel and Dark Phoenix Cyclops (sort of) along with Onslaught everyone in the O5 has at one point or another being converted or revealed to be secretly an asshole waiting to destroy everything and everyone around them. Vice versa even Magneto has been forgiven for his most egregious sins and the fact he keeps flip flopping between villain and anti-hero as it suits him.

>irredeemably horrible
>controlled and manipulated into being evil
'kay

They were pretty crap too.

The one where they're all at a table and Storm says "Raise your hand if you haven't had an evil phase." and nobody has their hand up?

That's the one.

This has happened a billion times in comics

I remember when onemanga was still a thing people on the forums would act very aggressive to anyone who suggested that Tobi wasn't Madara. Shame they shut down before the reveal.

That one guy from the very beginning.

Ironically, Orochimaru literally got away with everything. He's even used as comic relief now.

The guy with three eyes in Yuyu Hakusho? Dr. Doom? Iron Man?

I remember there was that one guy from Bleach who was a Mengele wannabe. Ethnic cleansing, torture, human experimentation, and turning his own loyal servants into bombs against their will.

In the later parts he's treated with an attitude of "Oh, you little scamp!" And his one-liners at Uryuu (equivalent to Hitler making jokes to a Holocaust survivor) are played as comic relief.

Injustice Harley Quinn

she is 1/2 the reason for all that shit and they just let her off like she's innocent.

Not much redemption. He was an evil bitch that liked torturing people and he remained that way.

The story and the characters treat him as equivalent to a harmless prankster, though.

You can get away with everything as long as you are friend with the main character.
Plus he helped save the universe a couple of times

This is the best I could find.

That would be Mayuri, for those who are curious. The Hitler comparisons are quite apt, since until the last arc we are led to believe he was directly responsible for the near genocide of the Quincies.

Doom
Thanos
Ludo
Sinestro

In those little funny sketch things. For the most part he doesn't interact much with the other characters.

That'll do.

Magneto in the X-Men movies. Like, holy shit, Movie Magneto.

Also the comics, but hey, when you're one of the top 5 most iconic mutants of all time, popularity goes a long way.

Morrison's run was the last time Erik was truly treated and depicted as one of the biggest scumbags in the Marvel Universe

Iceman isn't a result of him being evil though. It's more like he enjoyed being relevant even if it was an evil apocalypse thingy taking him over.

Doom saved the entirety of existence from the beyonders, he deserves some lee way

She kind of comes to mind.

Honestly, when it's not Starlin writing him, does anyone treat Thanos as anything less than a massmurdering monster?

All but Adam Warlock who when he has his wits about him treats Thanos as though he "understands" the ""soul"" of Thanos better than Thanos himself.
Though from what I've seen Adam treats just about everyone like that.

Because Hickman let him by conveniently making it so that every other possible solution was untenable and that everyone else but Doom was acting like an incompetent moron.

>that suffered a fate worse than dying.
dying?

Only Wander forgave her, and that's totally in-character for him.

>Morrison's run was the last time Erik was truly treated and depicted as one of the biggest scumbags in the Marvel Universe

That was actually Xorn, though.

Chopped into pieces and buried alive.

Fucking Marvel """ editors"""

he can still die though, this was brought up before by kish and within the story. His jitsu keeps him alive if he keeps killing, so he'll die eventually.

Eh, forgot that. It's been years and narutu is garbage so I forgot. Still, the idea was that he'd be buried alive as a head for months/years before finally dying.

Yes, because it created so many plot-holes.

Because it doesn't.
Saying it was Obito because it was the most obvious choice from Kishi is one thing, but thinking it makes sense is another.
You actually are retarded.

Wait seriously? I never bothered discussing Naruto online, and just read it casually, but the second they introduced Obito I went "oh, this is that Tobi guy." It seemed glaringly obvious.

Kishi said that while immortal, he still needs to eat food.

He's slowly dying of starvation in a hole.

>Obito I went "oh, this is that Tobi guy."
Meant the other way around, fuck if I can remember these nigga's names 10 years after the fact.

Bitch, they killed off half of Konoha and they Pain(heh) revives them all with the dragon balls before dying. Logic was not something that hack was concerned with. I could see him rubbing his hands thinking how he'll shock everyone with his reveal. Don't get mad just because some saw through his hackery.

Yes because it was a case of "that's too obvious! Kishi would never do that!" and the plot holes it would have created until Kishi explained them.

>Doom saved the entirety of existence from the beyonders
His strategy was literally:
>the beyonders can't destroy the multiverse if I DESTROY IT FIRST!

BASED. How can stretchfag ever compete.

At least no one trusted Discord. He had to work to get people to slightly trust him. Sunset Shimmer too, but Glimmer got away with everything.

He's not wrong though.

>Don't get mad just because some saw through his hackery.

I don't, like I said it's another thing if you could see through his bullshit, props to you.

Hey, if it works.

Xorn being Magneto was fucking dumb though. Literally just Morrison trying to permanently bring Erik back to being a villain despite no one wanting it.
Morrison would honestly have a near perfect X-Men run if Xorn had just remained an entirely new character

How do you think Konohamaru feels about training the son of his grandfather's murderer?

>one result would have everything of note lost forever
>the other lead to some of the Multiverse being salvaged
Based Victor

No he didn't. That was the Mad Thinker. Doom's plan was a complete fuckup from start to finish and sped everything up too quickly for a proper evacuation. He literally became the greatest failure of the multiverse.

Most of the conclusion where it can't be this because not even kishi is this much of a fucking hack. Turns out he is. Also, Ive never seen females so underdeveloped in a story that I found it impossible for the main characters to be straight. Even doormats have more use than hinata and sakura. How was this man married?

By being competent and doing a better job?

>Morrison would honestly have a near perfect X-Men run if Xorn
First of all, no.
Second of all, it was clearly what he wanted to do from the start
Third of all, my favorite part of the run was the Xorn one shot with JPL on art.
The problem with the editors isn't just the convoluted and retarded retcons(and at the end of the day we still don't have Xorn) but it's also the fact that they let him do the entire thing complete with killing off Magneto despite the fact that it's obvious they'd prefer to continue using him in the future.

Thanos after Infinity Gauntlet. Granted, it didn't stick, but a lot of heroes were as okay with him as they are with the Punisher.

It was too obvious, and the plotholes were too big, i.e. "how did he survive? how did he meet Madara? how did he get strong enough to fight Minato equally in a matter of months? what the fuck is his motivation, is he butthurt that Rin died or something?" Alas, all was for naught.

Doesn't count, she was possessed and/or crazy at the time. And her "crime" wasn't really that horrible in the grand scheme of things.

>That one guy from the very beginning.
JUSTICE FOR MIZUKI
All he did was try and steal a scroll, why is he still in prison while Sasuke, Karin, Jugo, Suigetsu, Orochimaru and Kabuto are all free men?

Johns is out of control with his boner for turning archenemies into anti-heroes. Black Adam, Sinestro, now even Lex Luthor.

>The one where they're all at a table and Storm says "Raise your hand if you haven't had an evil phase." and nobody has their hand up?

One of them did.
>NOT SO FAST, CYCLOPS!

>Sabretooth
>Mystique
>Magneto
>Juggernaut
>Toad
>The Marauders
>Nekra
All of these guys have either been X-Men or were allowed to live at the Mansion or Utopia with no real restrictions.
You'd think that the government at the very least would have made an effort to arrest them, but they never do.

And then mutants wonder why people don't like them.

Black Adam as an anti villain is far more interesting than a dumb flying brick that gets tricked into turning to ash by a little boy. And he didn't hold back in portraying Adam as a complex character with good points that genuinely wanted to help but also a genocidal monster.

Harley Quinn put bombs in handhled consoles killing dozens if not thousands of children but nowadays she's mostly treated as a random comic relief character.

I heard that Lobo is in the Justice League now

That's retarded. What did Batman have to say about it?

"Please join."