They will stumble......They will fall......But in the end, they'll join you in the sun

>Black suit was real
>Snyder's cut was complete (apart from the vfx) and was unnecessarily botched by the execs
>Whedon was hired by the execs
>His daughter's death was not the reason for joss directing the movie
>He was unfairly booted from the movie because his work was too good for the general audience
>Cinematographer: ">In fact, Wagner says “quite a few scenes” didn’t make the theatrical release of Justice League, not just black and silver Superman. “Zack takes his time with telling the stories, and I’ve always liked that about his movies. There are a few scenes that I was very much looking forward to seeing which unfortunately got cut.""
>Affleck is all but quiting because snyder's movie was butchered and last-minute decisions made the movie sucked ass
>Henry was CGI'd to hell and back
>Wonderkike, Aquameme and Transflash were all abominations who were given too much screen time

Zack's timeline
MoS - Critical Recognition
BvS - Critical Death
JL - Rebirth

>BvS - Critical Death
You got that right.

>He was unfairly booted from the movie because his work was too good for the general audience
You know these movies are supposed to be for children right?

he made BvS. a movie even more panned lmfao so keep up with those excuses DCuck

>*wooosh*

Go on, explain the point that is being missed.

They will stumble, they will fall........

Where have I heard that before?

Oh right... Also, in this comic instead of being useless, pretentious, lofty bullshit, this speech actually serves a purpose in the narrative

Because at the end Superman must give up his life on earth and restart the sun in an actual heroic action that saves humanity

Can Snyderfags just fuck off allready?

Were you trying to save the DNA, or were you trying to send a Jesus-like figure to our planet? If so, don't you know the man that wants to kill the baby is gonna come after him? All sorts of bad shit is gonna rain down on Earth because you sent a baby there.

What's the ultimate goal?

why is Lois hispanic?

>Hope....

>he copied it from a comic book LMAOOOOOO
go back to Sup Forums, you're sorely missed. And they have cake there.

BvS and MoS were good movies and critical approval does not matter.

>If so, don't you know the man that wants to kill the baby is gonna come after him?
nope, the machines malfunctioned
>What's the ultimate goal?
You can give the people of earth an ideal to strive towards. They will stumble, they will fall.... but in the end, they will join you in the sun, Kal. Don't let their world die like ours did.
>why didn't you come here?
Your mother and I were as much a product of the failures of our world as zod. You, krypton's first natural birth in centuries, are a testament to the fact that a child should aspire to something greater than what society has intended for him.
We couldn't save you or our world, but we have hope.

No. The problem isn't that he copied the dialogue from a comic book. That's fine. It's an adaptation, you can do that. Nolan stole from countless Batman books: Year One, DKR, Long Halloween, Killing Joke, Knightfall, No Man's Land, etc. The thing is that Nolan's movies were good. They synthesised elements from a variety of Batman stories to create their own thing.

Snyder's movies take great bits from great comics: All-Star Superman, Birthright, The Man Of Steel, Dark Knight Returns, Miracleman, etc; and he turns them into complete shit, sometimes tainting the original in the process with his dumbass, 2deep4u, pretentious crap.

In All-Star that speech meant something, it had a purpose. In Man Of Steel it served as great trailer dialogue and had no bearing on the actual plot.

>Snyder's movies take great bits from great comics: All-Star Superman, Birthright, The Man Of Steel, Dark Knight Returns, Miracleman, etc; and he turns them into complete shit, sometimes tainting the original in the process with his dumbass, 2deep4u, pretentious crap.
you just didn't get them. That's literally it.

>it served as great trailer dialogue and had no bearing on the actual plot.
this is why you should stick to comics and never venture any farther than 50-word spech bubbles.

How did he read this and manage to COMPLETELY miss the essence of the character and his mythos? Fucking how? I can only assume his boner for that one quote drained his head of blood and atrophied the parts of his brain responsible for critical thought

Do they have forty cakes?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Snyder's films are shit mate. He makes pretty visuals, I will give you that. But his films have the intellectual depth of a paddling pool. He just brings up ideas, ideas which if explored could be really deep and interesting, but he doesn't. He just brings them up and then moves on. He doesn't explore the deep psychology of his characters, he just brings up Gods and Morality and whatever else for set-dressing and aesthetics.

You've been tricked mate, if you really believe what you're saying that is, this is Sup Forums the home of contrarians after all.

We didn't deserve him.

the cake is a lie

>Snyder doesn't exploe his ideas in depth looooooool
you're just a brainlet. Stick to comics.
>you've been tricked lol
I liked those movies of my own judgement

I want to believe.

All star superman was trash anyway

Your entire argument is flawed. Snyder is, in his own words,"a comic book guy." Most of Snyder's movies are adaptations of comics. Snyder's bread and butter is comic book adaptations.

I have hated Snyder ever since Watchmen. I managed to read Watchmen before the film came out, it was bloody fantastic. When I watched the film something was deeply wrong. He had adapted nearly the whole thing, word-for-word, copying most of his camera angles from Dave Gibbons drawings. Yet something was off. It seemed he had read a different Watchmen from what I had read. He had no grasp on the horror of Watchmen, the broken psychology of its characters, the fact that it wasn't a superhero comic at all, it was a tragedy. Snyder had seemed to see a gritty, cool superhero comic. There is more depth in a single page of Watchmen than there is in Snyder's film. That is a fact.

"It's upsetting to me to see that WB doesn't seem to fully appreciate your talents. Don't you wonder why they won't let you run the DCEU"

>Snyder is, in his own words,"a comic book guy."

>let me just interpret that any way I like

He interprets comics in his own vision, which I happen to like and think is the correct way to read those.

>that is a fact
for you

No. That's an actual fact. The Watchmen comic is famed for its insane detail/construction/symbolism most of which is missing from the film. The entire symmetrical issue, the way it jumps back and forth through time often repeating scenes from other characters point of view, the way it has a giant supporting cast of characters who live out their lives in the background of panels, the hidden symbolism on every page, every panel, the way narratives intersect such as the story-within-a-story pirate comic which ends up being a metaphor for the plot proper and comments on whatever action is happening at the newsstand.

Snyder's film features little to none of this. He missed the point. He didn't get the joke.

I still can't tell if liking Snyder is just a meme or not.

Comics can't be fully translated to film. If you want literally everything in the film, then you have to have a LONG run time and a director who is willing to have no voice of his own in the final product except his technical expertise.

You're better off watching an animated movie if that's what you want.

There are people here who actually like him and others try to downplay it by forcing it as a meme.

>who were given too much screen time
so, this wasn't supposed to be a Justice League movie, but a Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice II movie?

Yeah. But that's not what I'm arguing. In the case of Watchmen, Snyder literally adapted Watchmen almost frame for frame but missed what made Watchmen great in the first place. You can use the language of film to tell that story in an interesting way, much like how Moore told that story in the comic. I would much rather have seen an actual adaptation that took the material to a new place while still keeping the heart of the comic, rather than Snyder's flat fan-film.

Why do they keep cutting their movies to smithereens? Even if they think their version is better, they must know at this point that if they do it they'll get shit for it just on principal.

I wonder how long Snydercucks can keep this up.

Test

Until the end of time. Let's face it. It is funny watching someone like MovieBlob having a mental breakdown over BVS though. Shame the film is shit otherwise it would be really funny.

>repeat what someone says and add "lol" at the end
>snyder fanboys think this is how you make an argument

>you just didn't get it!
I guess pretending to be stupid on Sup Forums for (You)'s in one way to pass the time

>MoS
>Critical recognition
In what universe? Certainly not this one.

bump

Yeah we have heard it all before you cuck, the OP was right, when you see this cut (even though I know you won't you are so sure of yourself you cocky little slut) you would or will finally understand the true power of Snyder.

ASS Supes and Man Of Steel are very different but can co-exist as interpretations. That DC's trinity are so open to interpretation is what puts them a level above other capes.

>Snyder had seemed to see a gritty, cool superhero comic. There is more depth in a single page of Watchmen than there is in Snyder's film. That is a fact.

Watch the four hour version.

>Aquameme
He wasn't that bad.
I agree with everything else you said, cutting 90% of Cyborg was a mistake.

>Hurrrr Snyder's BvS was shit!!!
>Whedon directs Justice League
>It's still shit because he had to work with what Snyder had already fucked up
>hurrrrr release the Snyder cut!!

DCucks are truly pathetic.

I've seen it. The one where they jerry-rig the animated comic clunkily into the film. And they forget to connect it to Adrian's revelation at the end. Yeah, I've seen it. The film still has the depth of a puddle compared to the comic. Snyder is a hack.

I saw the full Synder cut of BvS and the only film worse than that that I've seen in my life was Justice League.

My absolute nigger. I feel the same way about those animated DKR and Year one movies. I think it has to do with the pacing. They can't seem to let a moment land, or the acting is off or something.

>BvS and MoS were good movies
>critical approval does not matter.

No, his work is like black licorice. Plenty of people like black licorice, if they didn't they'd stop making it. It's not for everyone. It's not safe. They wanted safe and something everyone wants.

Also he's fucking awful.

Is that guy jerking off?

I've only seen bits of both of those but from what I've seen I would agree. I also watched a lot of the All-Star Superman animated one, the whole thing felt like an off-brand ripoff.

I think with Miller's work there's a certain kind of pace he can dictate with panel layouts or narration or whatever that translates shitily to film.

Unless you try really fucking hard to make it work that is (i.e. Sin City)

I'm glad JL failed, if it makes less than Thor it'll be hilarious and WB should be fucking ashamed.

Should have just let Snyder finish his trilogy whatever way it was gonna go, the series is dead anyway. Time for a reboot.