Seriously though where did he get all the money?

Seriously though where did he get all the money?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aT1gOazMMm8
youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec
reddit.com/r/theroom/comments/1vklp3/i_think_i_have_found_tommys_nationality_new/
youtube.com/watch?v=7XK8WeXHpfI
youtube.com/watch?v=pyK_v2kTi1o).
youtube.com/watch?v=jF6ezpFhRq0
youtube.com/watch?v=zmpxaqdlpWs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wuovmL_jdt0
youtube.com/watch?v=dXlao2KNYjQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Extremely lucrative investments
The Mafia

da mob

He saved his company bundles

I saw TDA an hour ago and it was amazing.

There seems to have been three ways he got the money, having done all of them. These stories come from Greg, so I am inclined to believe them.

>1. Tommy first came to SanFran and started selling stuff on the Warf. Toys and stuff. He was called the "Bird Man" because of a bird toy he hocked mostly.
>2. He somehow got mixed up in the mob, and helped import knock-off clothes, bags, etc. This is mentioned in a part where Tommy goes to a diner, and then alluded to when Tommy goes "away" for a while and sends Greg all sorts of weird, borderline gay messages.
>3. He spoke on the phone to a woman very quietly many times while The Room was shooting, based off what Greg could piece together she was either elderly or physically crippled. Tommy seemed to do this around moments when money for the movie became a problem.

Basically Tommy made his nut being a salesman, and then made even more money by helping import illicit goods and running shell companies for the mob, and then at some point seems to have gotten in good with a wealthy woman.

Did he not get a huge Insurance payout after getting his face Fucked up in a Accident?

And then bought knock off leather jackets from somewhere and sold them wholesale in the US of A

But dey are usin him... And he is duh fool ;_;

No. He got hurt overseas and it is implied that he didn't get shit from that accident because he had to essentially sneak into the country, under what we presume to be a fake identity because his story doesn't add up. He said he came to the US to stay with an Uncle, but at the time this happened Tommy was like in his 30's and there didn't seem to be any Uncle.

i show them..

youtube.com/watch?v=aT1gOazMMm8

>tfw you will never get to be friends with the person responsible for your favorite movie

a lottery ticket

I sort of agree but my impression was
>toy thing accurate. Knew about the shitty french/euro toys and brought them there. Tommy has random talents so he sold them well by playing with them. He believes toys are great and so others go along with it
>From Eastern Europe so uses old friends or understanding to sell cheap knock off jeans from the former or opening soviet block for a big profit
>He bought good real estate with his partner, and made good money on these investments and insurance during certain fires
He also likely had some investment in computers, because the original Room script has a lot of dialogue about them and selling them. Some weird 90s market stuff forcing his depression to get worse and less security about money.
Tommy also just seems like a Kramer type, people cant help but give him money and he falls ass backward into it

He got into two accidents
One was domestic to the US

Organize crime units from Eastern Europe and The Room was only made to launder money.

t. Greg Sestero

I think that his partner probably had something to do with the mob as well though. Look at the clothes store he owns(ed). Greg said it was in the middle of a mall in the middle of who the fuck knows where, that he had access to basically everything there (including an unrelated coffee bar) and not just the clothes store. It was a massive location, two floors high at a minimum - but not a fucking soul was there. I took this as being a place that the mob ran shell corps out of and did their illicit bulk deals. Property tax in SF is fucking nuts, always has been. There's no way that a guy like Tommy, who was/is a millionaire could afford to let a big property like that just sit there and collect dust unless someone wanted it to for a very specific reason and they were making money off the books on it.

Das bullshit

i did not do it i did not steal oh hi user

I left before the end of the credits and missed out on his cameo

:(

from me, I bought one of his jackets and two blu rays of The Room.

I think his partner was definitely in the mob, or at least he was very good friends with the people in the mob or some organized crime.
But how much Tommy knew/knows this is hard. I could see him being hilarious to some mob guys in his ambition and nature, and they took him in. But I honestly think Tommy could legit not know his connection to crime, with him honestly believing all the businesses are legit and never looking into them. Tommy is used as an eccentric front who is so odd and secretive just by default nobody would be able to find much beyond the surface, and he is truly ignorant of what his properties are used for making him getting caught irrelevant. I only think this because he seems to truly despise crime and believes it does not pay, even titling a film that. I dont think Tommy can make a film he does not believe in, and therefore he honestly think crime does not pay and is ruining the country through people like Chris R

>Tommy also just seems like a Kramer type,
Honestly I think it'd be hilarious if he is practically a more successful Kramer.

vampire trick

ANyone else seen this yet?

He made one of the best comedies of all time.

>helping Franco out
would rather buy The room dvd or blu reay for that $15 hell I would rather pay Rifftrax for there riff on it than pay James

In the book he is revealed to come from Eastern Europe, somewhere. Ended up in France, ended up living with an old rich man, also "accidentally" ended up in jail after being mistaken for a drug dealer.

In the U.S. he sold novelty shit to tourists in San Fran. He had a close friendship with a wealthy old widow.

He somehow came into possession of not only a garbage tier discount denim brand and store, but also either a mall or a share of a mall.

That's about all that is known.

glad for this guy.
sure he comes off as a tool but he did force himself into something he wanted to be.
some serious dedication

He works at the bank, did you even watch the room?

This answers nothing and I just have more questions! Tommy is truly am enigma

>Fuck knows where

Greg said it was waterfront, prime tourist territory. Empty because not usual tourism hours or some shit. He said he found out Tommy owned the whole thing and not just his store because when they were there Tommy as going around collecting rent from the shop owners.

Street Fashions USA

Also

>tfw the flashback chapter isn't in the movie

Disappointed bigly. So depressing and bizarre coming smack bang in the middle of what was just a comedy up to that point. Turning it into a moving tragi-comedy.

Counterfeit jeans.

no, seriously

He admitted that he's from Europe in this one.

Wiseau is a producer and adviser of Disaster Artist, he get's money out of that movie too, maybe more than he did from The Room and his whole business stuff.

I like to imagine him as a mobster with an odd sense of humor playing an in-depth character to hide his misdeeds.

youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec

He never denied being from Europe. He's just always been super vague about WHEN and WHERE in Europe he's from.

His original story was that he was from France, and came to America as a small child, which is clearly bs.

by selling """""""""""""""""leather jackets""""""""""""""

he did spend time in France after Poland, but yeah, the timeline and the age he used to give never really checked out

I just got back. I was laughing my ass off but i think i was the only one who knew who Tommy Wiseau is and had seen the Room in the audience cause it was dead silent except for me. Afterwards i heard some teen couple say it was shit and didnt make sense. It was strange. The movie was just ok though. Didnt really cover any of the real interesting shit in the book.

so how's Franco's Tommy? he came off a bit too obnoxious in the trailers I think

Yeah it definitely feels too forced in some scenes and then only tolerable in others. Seth Rogans character was equally obnoxious by spouting out all these observations about The Room that we would know because we've had 10 years of cult status but in the context of the movie feels out of place as fuck.

>Sup Forums's insatiable curiosity is going to out
Wiseau and bury TDA.

>poland
source on this?

I paid him 10 million dollars to be my boy toy.

reddit.com/r/theroom/comments/1vklp3/i_think_i_have_found_tommys_nationality_new/

He's D.B. Cooper.

his accent sounds a little different, it really does change

>left quotes aren't the same length as right quotes
JUST COPY PASTE THE LEFT QUOTES REEEEEE

pleasing you isn't worth that much effort (unless you're a grill)

Did the Room eventually make money? It's still being screened but I don't know if he gets any of that revenue.

I admire him immensely. It's not like I could make a better movie. And his oassion is so viceral.

Is the film available online yet?

Tommy mobkino when?
>Watch it Danny, haha

the scariest guys are the ones that act dopey and friendly before they wack you

Thats not true, for a long time after the Room came out he was insisting that he was born and raised in Louisiana.

>when they were there Tommy as going around collecting rent from the shop owners
protection racket probably

I fucking love this guy, but I am sad that Reddit tries to reveal his mysteries all the time. To me, his mysterious background is what makes him even funnier.

youtube.com/watch?v=7XK8WeXHpfI

Is there an official answer to how to pronounce his last name?

Here it's pronounced "Why-zou" but in that one Tim & Eric episode where he was "guest director" he is introduced as "Wee-saw" (youtube.com/watch?v=pyK_v2kTi1o).

did you miss the Chris-R subplot?

I mean it's just one scene (and the origin of the gun at the end), but still

>not youtube.com/watch?v=jF6ezpFhRq0

The mob owned a wholesaler that he started doing business with. He eventually earned enough to invest in real estate which he sold for millions.

He's DB Cooper pulling a con.
Think about it...

stop being reddit

Gay boyfriend dead of AIDS left him a bunch of SF real estate. He almost squandered everything through mismanagement.

Not reddit, xkcd

xkcd is reddit incarnate m8

if anything reddit is xkcd, as it's been around forever. It used to be posted on Sup Forums all the time, but you wouldn't know anything about that.

stop trying so hard to fit in

Why did Franco cut the crying out of the sex scene?

is the disaster artist worth watching? i already read the book

I say yes. They softball a lot of stuff, though.

what does that mean? take out?

Tommy Wiseau is a shapeshifting alien

The ending implies Tommy came to peace with the mocking reception the room got on the night of the premier, leaves out that he payed the audience to be there, leaves out what few details he told Greg about his past and really skims over some of the pretty terrible stuff he did to his crew during the shoot. Also, James Franco isn't nearly ugly enough to be convincingly Tommy.

But it's not bad, pretty funny as long as you have watched the room

holy shit he looks like jimmy page

Is it worth a watch, though?

guitars suit him

youtube.com/watch?v=zmpxaqdlpWs

Yeah its worth a watch if you're a fan of The Room. I have no idea what normies get out of this movie, though.

Yeah, I cannot see anyone who hasn't watched The Room laughing that much.

>assigned seats in a movie theater

this is the logical conclusion to cinema
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wuovmL_jdt0

Lucky real estate investments

I AM SORRY YOUNG MAN, BUT THIS IS VEEEERY DISRESPECTFUL

Wrong, he's a vampire. He piled up a small fortune over the course of centuries.

Does he go to the bank every few years and exchange old banknotes for new ones?

>saving all your dough from selling korean clothing to fund your life project

why haven't you started saving for your production yet, Sup Forums? You've had the script for years...

I have friends, family and social life.

Tommy was in hardcore r9k mode for like a decade before meeting Greg. Much easier to save up that way.

>Tommy goes "away" for a while and sends Greg all sorts of weird, borderline gay messages.

Why am I laffin

He was unfettered by common distractions. A mark of true auteur

His wealth is in estate and gold

>Tommy first came to SanFran and started selling stuff on the Warf. Toys and stuff. He was called the "Bird Man" because of a bird toy he hocked mostly.

Have anyone seen that bird toy? I heard this story many times but I can't even find the toy. Weird.

Oh fug, how's the wuality? I kinda want to get a Tommys Planet jacket

That was probably way back in the 70s or 80s, why would anyone keep a toy bird bought from a weirdo street vendor that long.

I got the blue superjacket, it's a lot better than I expected. The only part that is definitely noticeably cheap is the zipper but it's not too bad, the jacket is warm and comfy as fuck. Definitely good for the price (20 dollars) even putting aside the free blu ray it came with.

He worked for some hacks in the past.
youtube.com/watch?v=dXlao2KNYjQ

Fuckin nice, glad to hear that.