ITT: Sup Forums movies that you want to see stage adaptions of

ITT: Sup Forums movies that you want to see stage adaptions of

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOoAfBNPGA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So, 'Cats'?

The little girl from this is the same as the one from Batman the Animated Series

I want to see a full-length, all Justice League version of the Music Meister.

Cats is just the first half before the intermission being nonsense going on with mediocre songs and the second half being actual good songs with some slight semblance of plot but still mostly nonsense.

Only if Scott Baluka returned to play Danny.

More like the first part is just a lengthy character introduction since nearly every song is about one of the cats, then the middle is some semblance of a story that goes nowhere, with the last part being what was vaguely implied in the first and the whole Aesop of "don't judge a book by its cover" or some shit.

Road to El Dorado would make for a pretty good play. It was already very much like a Vegas Show in terms of style, only thing that would be complicated is the Jaguar statue, but not like plays can't just tiptoe around it with the usual smoke and mirrors.

Only other problem could be some hambeast playing Chel. Or a scrawny twig.

Won't work with people WITHOUT making it more about MUH RACE than it ever was.

What do you mean? It's not like it'd be hard to make animal costumes or anything.

Now, would they be GOOD costumes is a whole other question.

Oversized puppet like that King Kong musical.

Got a picture of that? Sounds pretty cool.

Makes me think, I have toyed with an idea for an effect that could be used on stage. Though it's still in the theory stage of things, haven't actually gotten around to trying it IRL.

ayyy i forgot this movie existed
for some reason i feel like i was attracted to one of the characters

Rock-A-Doodle

Only if they nix or rework some of the songs. Good lord, that one with the Duke menacing the animals from the roof was beyond childish in its lyrical setup.

Yeah, I'm only interested in adaptations or remakes of movies which had clear flaws but also had some potential.

only if they could make "Big and Loud" actually big and loud

>Only done in Opera-level theaters, or at least ones with extensive stages and sound systems
>full orchestra for the songs, even backing up the few that had the characters playing instruments
There you go.

Seconded.
youtube.com/watch?v=FOoAfBNPGA8
He needs the money.

Sawyer, most who have talked about this movie have said they were attracted to her.

Is it me, or does he look like Mark Hamon now?

Not a movie, but Over the Garden Wall.

Not a movie, and not as a play, but I'd love to see Cybersix have another go at live action. Yes, the first time was a DISASTER, but I think there's potential in a full on feature.

Although, something like a serialized stage series could work. I know some performance groups do that, with TV show-like works.

I'm surprised no one has done a stage play of Scooby Doo. There'd be a lot of potential for audience participation where Shaggy and Scoob could run through the aisles with the monster and whatnot.

I never knew how much I wanted this until now.

Also I'm pretty ambivalent towards this movie, but I always felt that the songs were intended for the stage. Maybe it could work better there?