What does Japan think of Western Cartoons

What does Japan think of Western Cartoons

They like Disney. Phineas and Ferb is the most popular show there.
Nothing that special really from any other country in their opinion of America.

They probably like it because the Japanese have shit taste.

They make all the little boy characters fuck each other- just ask /y/
I ask myself why every day.

I always heard they liked King of the Hill. Can anyone confirm this?

If it's cute enough, they'll watch it.

I feel like westerners are more fans of it, though there are always those jokes about it being a slice of life anime about middle aged Texan men so maybe for that reason Japs are into it. With the cultural differences I don't see it being too huge though.

Fujos like shows with all male/mostly-all-male casts like transformers, marvel stuff, dc and so on. No surprises there.

For some inexplicable reason they're also into lego like ninjago and nexo knights.

this desu
otaku might as well be throwing darts to determine what they're interested in

I thought king of the hill was already an anime

It is, to the Japanese. It impressive how much butchered Japanese words otaku use.when talking about manga and anime.

I wonder about this too. I wonder if there are talking about cartoons in their japanese boards or blogs.

I know they absolutely love Gumball

>What can I do for you
>What can I do for you
>What can I do for you

I
CAN'T
HEAR
YOU

We have this thread once every month and it's STILL always full of people who are amazed at the talking points we bring up.

Yes, Japanese love Western shit. No shit, Western cultural supremacy is global.

However, they love western TV shows much more. Shit like 24 and, for the sci-fi crowd, nuBSG. When it was coming out anyway.

Western comics and cartoons are reasonably popular, but it's a bit niche because of how expensive the trades are. People into western comics are almost always established. Cartoons are easier. Get fansubs.

Also the kids there LOVE the abridged series Westerners make. They do fansubs and everything.

>they love the abridged series
Like DBZ abriged?

I don't know about DBZ, but I know they love the Yu-Gi-Oh one.

>Also the kids there LOVE the abridged series Westerners make. They do fansubs and everything.

Wait, you mean the youtube fan stuff like DBZ abridged or Yugioh abridged?

You have a source for those being big over there?

This artist likes Sour Cream x Amethyst. I respect that.

Man, I wish the fandom wasn't full of lesbians.

>shipping the two worst characters
Ok.

Actually, the woman just likes Amethyst and Vidalia. I was surprised to find out that Amethyst really popular among Japanese fans.

They give zero fucks.

That's not [Your Favorite Gem] x Ronaldo.

They were selling a Sour Cream x Amethyst fanbook that I did not buy.

I think they just like Vidalia and Amethyst's friendship

Disney stuff, Gumball, and Samurai Jack are all well revived there.

I've heard that before as well, I've heard that there's localizations for DBZ Abridged at least.

her design is the most aesthetic of them all, and her character is one of constant growth but also immaturity. Them japs really love immature grills.

My japanese friend loves samurai jack and i normally livestream the new season to him when it comes on.

TMNT was big

Let me see if I understand this.
They make Japanese translations of edited select footage from an English translation of a Japanese show?
I already sort of figured since there's subtitles in multiple languages now for DBZA but I wanted to see how odd it sounds typed out

Yes.

4 U

They like shows with waifus.