Now that we know Rick's true motivation...

Now that we know Rick's true motivation, will Dan break his only rule of the show and actually make Rick and Morty do time travel?

How else could they get the Mulan nugget sauce?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGRDCRuPklc
dailymotion.com/video/x5h08qo
food.com/recipe/szechuan-sauce-147645
youtu.be/TdnkP5Szixs?t=13
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kidnap McDonalds staff all over the command structure and torture the recipe out of them.

Honestly why hasn't Rick just gone to another universe where the Szechuan sauce was such a success that they kept it forever

infinite possibilities right?

There are infinite numbers between 1 and 2 but 3 isnt one of them.

Even if that universe is out there, that's a lot of universes to look through.

Thats what he's looking for. The nugget sauce needle in the infinite universe hay stack.

...Maybe this was a meta way of McDonalds to bring back the Szechuan sauce.

He was able to look up in an instant for a universe where he and morty died at that exact moment, but he can't look up a universe with the sauce?

Or god forbid just fucking find the recipe and create a robot that can endlessly produce it?

how then did he know to choose the exact universe where everything was the same but he didn't fuck up that one thing that killed both him and Morty

Theoretically wouldn't a 1:1 dimension with only 1 difference be doing the same thing

>dan
Justin Roiland calls the shots.

It was obviously a joke meant to freak Morty out.

>It's real

youtube.com/watch?v=mGRDCRuPklc

Episode was fucking terrible.

The only reason rick is able to actually control which universes he goes to is because he designed a way (The goggles in the inter-dimensional TV episode) that scans for genetically matching versions of yourself. He did the same thing in rick potion 9.

So, basically, he can find any universe ... as long as it's got a certain conditional parameter inside it that he can map and chart a course to.

Also, it's a fucking cartoon you retard.

It was better than all of season 2 combined

that isn't hard to accomplish. Season 2 sucked

parts of season 2 were funny. This wasn't funny at all.

are you implying sauce genetically altered his genetic code to where he couldn't find a him that still had the sauce

captcha EXTRA CEPTIONS

I disagree. But plot was clearly center stage. After how they ended the last season, it was kind of required.

I love how this show is so witty and subversive, even of itself, that autismos on Sup Forums will go out of their way to be as obtuse as possible just to avoid liking something that is popular.

Brings a tear to my eye.

Well, from what we understand of ricks technology, i don't think so. What you eat doesn't alter your genetic code.

And you also have to remember that every other version of him is also a super genius of some description.

So, no.

the universe with the sauce would be 20 years in the past of spiting branches, then finding 20 years of IDENTICAL history except for the sauce issue.
the chronenbergs on the other hand was 5 minutes in the past and required looking into a different reality where only 5 minutes of decision making was different

There were better ways. Entire episode feels like the VR episode. All of it seems fake and a bit off. If this was a setup for a better season i'm fine with it. This episode,though, was one of the worse.

Guys, I found out how the Mulan sauce is made!!

>that autismos on Sup Forums will go out of their way to be as obtuse as possible just to avoid liking something that is popular.

Maybe it just wasn't good.

your right it was AMAZING and hilarious
btw you missed april first by like 2 hours

Did we watch the same show? It feels like you're going out of your way to hate a good episode.

I was skeptical as fuck about the show coming back but even I had to concede they nailed it.

So can you easily find Szechuan sauce in groceries? You can with Plum sauce and Duck sauce and they are both delicious.

This was a good fucking episode.

Samurai Jack is overrated as fuck. Everyone who cried about having to wait one more week needs to neck themselves.

I didn't say it was great, I said it was better then this turd.

I'm not, really. It hit your notes, it missed mine by a mile.

why was it not good

was it not good or did you just not like it

there's a difference, user

Did you also hate all of season 1? This episode fit right in there in terms of quality and humor

I guess it's just down to taste then.

Fucking contrarians

What it the whole episode is just inside Rick's mind and he's still in prison

no thats not how it works
think of it like a tree branch, events need to occur in the correct order to arrive at a plausible outcome, ie the end of the branch, hopping timelines is just moving to another branch, youre not creating a different tree because you want it to be purple, it cant be purple, theres still limitations in place
yet because theres no limitation on how small a change can be, the universes are infinite, but that doesnt mean theyre omnipotent, like youre fully capable of coming up with a scenario that cant possibly happen

Yeah, nah.

It boils down to poor pacing, unfunny dialog, and too many "plot holes" being filled by just killing everything off. There were some great ideas in this episode, they were not fully realized.

The episode overall felt fake. Like the episode itself was an April fools joke.

There's no fucking way they'd have shit like Nathan Fillion for an april fools day joke

Episode was a great start. Hopefully this means Season 3 will be a step up from season 2. Hell, the fact that Beth and Jerry are getting divorced probably means we won't see entire subplots revolving around those two arguing anymore, which was the biggest flaw of season 2 IMO.

What would Rick do if Jerry came back with the recipe for Szechuan sauce?

He'd shoot him and take the recipe.

No one forced them to focus on those two. They chose to write about their marital issues.

That is an incredibly vague reasoning, user. Maybe you just don't like it because it aired on april fools day, and thus overthinking it.

....and your point is?

How long do we have to wait for live action Mulan and a return of the special McDonalds sauce?

>That is an incredibly vague reasoning, user.
Yeah, it is. I'm not a wordsmith, don't want to write a dissertation on why this episode was objectively bad.
>because it aired on april fools day, and thus overthinking it.
I'm not. Episode was just shit.

so what you're saying is

it's absolutely impossible the szechuan sauce ever stayed

I can believe that when it comes to McDonalds

I think you are objectively bad.

You are literally the only person in this thread that seems to hate the episode. I think that more points to you overthinking it.

where can i watch this, the adult swim site is not loading :/

dailymotion.com/video/x5h08qo

thank you

Literally anywhere. Just google.

Well, that depends on if these changes can support changes in the laws of physics, or if our understanding of physics is flawed/limited in the first place. If it is, that changes the number of potential scenarios.

You had all of last night to watch it. Multiple times. In a row. Go pirate it or something, it should be easy.
>And I gotta wait an extra week for what I want. Such is life, don't even like Super anyway.

I think it's a lot simpler: mind transferring 3 times that day left him a little out of it and he went on a weird rant after everything calmed down

HEY RICK!

food.com/recipe/szechuan-sauce-147645

There you go, buddy. If you try it and it still doesn't taste like the real thing, just mix it with animal fat and corn syrup.

jesus christ the sauce was a gag. it will never be mentioned again.

It was inconsistent with every Rick episode that there was involving his family.

We get a bunch of shit about how Rick supposedly cares about his Morty and has sentimental memories and how season 1 ended with this "I love my grandkids" spiel. He didn't even care that much when Jerry put his foot down or ate shit out of his fridge shelf.

You can blame this on Season 2 being bad but it invalidates half the shit in Season 1.

Where's my fucking Mulan sauce

this is the dumbest analogy

Welcome to Sup Forums... Remember kiddos, Sup Forums is hate...

I've always seen it as there being infinite possibilities for universes, but the ones that actually resemble your own to the very present is finite.

>It's a cartoon it doesn't have to make sense
Biggest excuse ever.
It's shit writing no matter what.

Well, he did find one exactly like his except for Rick and Morty being dead.

How is him not caring for Jerry inconsistent with him caring for his grandkids? Even in Season 1, he hated Jerry.

I'm gonna agree with him. Back when I was an edgy teen writing fanfictions the first thing my friends beat out of me was the fact that trying to throw every big concept from the previous story in at once just kind of jumbles them all together.

I mean nothing was really explored in this episode. The council of Ricks showed up, but were super complacent and straightforward and un Ricklike because they needed to move past them, because they needed to also cram in the galactic government. Beth and Jerry show up but Jerry's position on New Earth doesn't get more than two jokes because you have to blow past that to get on to the next thing.

As much as people shit on Raising Gazorpazorp, it at least picked exactly two things and ran with them. You had an A story and a B story and you managed to get enough jokes out of both of them while also fitting in character development.

If you want to throw fast paced shit in, it works better as comedy. The TV specials work as rapid fire because they're jokes that you don't need to dwell on. But this episode isn't really billed as a joke since Rick gets melodramatic and there's just a couple of farts between those moments. But we have to cut to Summer and Morty then again to Beth and Jerry and between like four different locations. So the implication that he's doing this for revenge for his family doesn't even have time to sink in before the council is dead and by the end he's ranting to Morty who has no idea what he's even on about, because there's no time for Morty to even take in what's happening in that subplot.

His "I only needed Summer so Beth would get off my back" bit at the end was what I'm referring to.

We have like four episodes about how Rick is supposed to actually care about Summer, but now his relationship is apparently just a ploy to mill around his daughters garage.

We all know Rick talks shit. All the time.

>i dont like rick and morty
>proceeds to watch every episode as soon as it comes out

Just because the internet allows you to be a complete faggot doesn't mean you have to actually be one.

You still believe everything Rick says? What are you, a chick? Rick's an insecure emotional retard who women have no effect on his life and then tries to kill himself when one breaks up with him.

His character has been doing the same bit for three years.

>I only needed Summer so Beth would get off my back

Wait when did he say this?

this episode was an April Fool's prank you moron, you blew it

Yeah, but usually there's a motivation for Rick. Bean dude fucked with Morty, so he killed bean dude. He needed seeds, so he was willing to kill to get through customs and screw over Morty for them. His rant after that was him being pissed off he lost those seeds. He petered off and it got weird because Rick gets bored easily.

His rant in this episode has no real motivation. He won. He got everything back. Morty has no idea what the fuck he's on about with his wife or nugget sauce. Even under the logic of why Rick does the stupid shit he does it was the most random of rants you could have and then when he peters off it's an assertion that it's his "real" motivation, in a way that doesn't make sense in the way Rick has ever said anything before that point.

During his spiel in the garage.

Ok guys, I don't remember, but anyone actually remember how that Mulan sauce taste?

I've rewatched it like three times, and I didn't hear anything in those words.

>He won. He got everything back.

Not really. He doesn't like Jerry, but he doesn't want Morty or anyone unhappy. He sure as fuck doesn't want anyone to miss Jerry, it's a shitty as fuck situation. Rick would never admit he needs Jerry and that Jerry makes his daughter and grandchildren happy. In a universe with no jerry means a universe with no morty.

It was one of the first things he said dude.

you mean the same spiel about his entire motivation of everything being to get that mulan sauce back? Yea, autismo indeed.

>but he doesn't want Morty or anyone unhappy.

He doesn't really care about that. Morty, well, Rick is Beth's father so what good is being smart if you can't lord it over someone too meek or stupid to ever stop making you feel good about how smart you are:

youtu.be/TdnkP5Szixs?t=13

Unfortunately, many people avail themselves of the opportunity.

And again, watched it for a 4th time, and I didn't hear exactly "I only needed Summer so Beth would get off my back"

I did hear "Your Mom wouldn't have accepted me, if I came home without you and your sister", though.

Then why not just let summer die?

Yes. That speech doesn't really come off well in the sense that it doesn't sound like something Rick would say, as in it sounds like something a different writer who wasn't used to writing the character wrote it down as a callback.

I don't get how anyone could take Rick's ending rant too seriously.

When Morty freaked out about the Bean molestor he was clearly concerned.

I got the wording wrong but the implications are the same.

She's aborted in most other dimensions. She's practically a novelty.

I interpreted part of the ending speech as 4th wall breaking bullshit like they like to do sometimes. All that shit about sauce and shit was just Justin Roiland ranting in Rick's voice at the like they do with the whole "Season 1! That's a wrap!" bullshit. Morty and Summer don't know what the fuck he's talking about. It's just a thing they do in the show.

It was the end of the episode, it mirrors the end of the 1st episode where Rick rants to Morty on the ground like that. It's just a joke, relax.

So no real reason, no logic, thus no argument.

>If you want to throw fast paced shit in, it works better as comedy.

I think this was what the episode was aiming for, but at the same time I've gotten the impression Rick and Morty really wants to have its cake and eat it when it comes to having these "dramatic" moments while still keeping the rapid-fire comedy of the first few episodes.

It also doesn't help that airing the same episode several times in a row only highlighted the fact that they'd recycled a lot of jokes/set-ups from previous seasons, between that and how this episode destroyed most of the sources of conflict rapid fire, it doesn't exactly give any reassurance that the rest of season 3 won't just be rehashes of old jokes and plots.

It seemed like a call back to the end of the very first episode.

No, it sounds like a drunk Justin being let at the microphone to fill a little airtime. I doubt it will be really meaningful again, just like the 100 YEARS RICK AND MORTY rant (which this was a callback to).

Jack fag detected

>how this episode destroyed most of the sources of conflict rapid fire

It only killed council of ricks. Jerry isn't dead so he could be involved in future plots and the stinger showed the galactic federation isn't completely done for yet.

I got the opposite impression. I assume they were wrapping up all the bullshit from Season 2 so they could start with a blank slate, and get back to more Season 1 style random adventures. This is a good thing imo.

Again, the difference is 100 YEARS RICK AND MORTY was a character establishing moment. Rick has a moment where he acts like he cares, then he pulls back and acts like an asshole, then he peters out because he does that. Which is a pattern the series is built on.

93 YEARS RICK AND MORTY is the opposite. Rick acts like he got off a master Keikaku, then goes on an angry rant, then says he doesn't care about stuff because he has a real motivation.

Its the kind of people who hate the Simpsons Season 6 episode "Fear of Flying" because it contradicts a season 3 episode in which Marge flew in a plane without trouble.