It's a "LETS RESOLVE EVERYTHING IN ONE EPISODE" episode

>It's a "LETS RESOLVE EVERYTHING IN ONE EPISODE" episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qe2CdCwCBSA&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=AvNLIZJs-hE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Better than doing a season long overarching story when that isn't the show's strong point.

>mfw I still love Gem Drill not because of the rushed climax but because of the very sweet and sincere interaction between Steven and Peridot
>mfw I have no face

I would have liked it better if they hadn't already used the "Rick tricks the guys trying to get information out of him by giving them bogus information" bit in the one with the simulation

but there's always a point for such scheme

When the two latest South Park seasons did that there was very little payoff

The episode itself was not bad, but in the context of the whole cluster/malachite arcs it was disappointing.

Was probably the last episode that I truly loved Peridot too.

Yep and it was fucking great.

If you thought the cluster was ever going to be a major threat then you're a retard.

It would literally destroy the earth if it took form, what other way could they resolve it?

Yes, that's how episodic TV shows work.

So why bother hyping it up so much?

>We will never have them interact like that ever again

>both are written by women
Really makes you think.

It was just background noise to facilitate Peridot's arc user, if you hyped it up yourself then that's your problem.

>Remembering when peridot was good

Why did you do what?

CN, Sugar and the story itself hyped up, what are you talking about?

Every episode should do that.

>people actually believed the federation-setting and the Rick-prison-plot would last longer than the season opener
I warned you so many times, Sup Forums, now it's time to enjoy your tears

>CN, Sugar and the story itself hyped up, what are you talking about?
CN are retarded and the other stuff isn't true.

>if you expect good storytelling then that's your problem

gem drill appreciation thread

I too, miss SU before everything went full spongebob season 5

Well, you know, it was posible, the ending gave at least hints of regret or a plot

>that image
facebook needs to be nuked

Dont remind me...

? Rick and Morty, I get it, but the cluster arc took a whole lots of episode to be solved.

I guess the argument here is that the conclusion felt rushed

I want to hear Peridot's voice actress say Rick lines, it'd be cute as hell.

I don't think the cluster has been resolved just yet, all they did was bubble it to keep it in a stasis. The diamonds may attempt to reactivate it when they find out

Not really?The conclusion took the full of the last episode, and there was quite a build-up to in the previous eps.

>implying any of it was canon

There was good storytelling, the problem is that you were expecting a different story about dealing with a giant bomb over a million episodes or... something? It's still not clear what you expected, it was a threat that destroys the world if materialized, of course it was only going to be resolved by making sure it never happened.

>"Hey cluster, please stop"
>"Yeah okay"

I get that you were refering about peridot's character arc (Which i liked) but that went down the drain after a while

>>"Hey cluster, please stop"
>>"Yeah okay"
Not what happened. Steven had to deal with a complete mental breakdown.

And there are quite a few episodes of buildup before the confrontation.

>>It's a "LETS RESOLVE EVERYTHING IN THREE FINAL EPISODES" episode

>"Hey cluster, please stop"
You know it wasn't as simple as that, Steven looked like he was going to shit himself several times throughout the encounter just to talk to them without them blowing up. He was sweating and close to collapsing and visions of ghosts surrounded him at one point and the cluster almost blew up like two or three times.

As far as "talking it down" as a plot point goes I think they managed to hit on the only way to make it work.

The rick and morty reset was necessary because it's a fucking comedy show. I hope they cut the emotional bullshit out in the new season because that's what made season 2 tank.

>buildup

The whole series is a constant buildup man, the moment they got there it was solved in less than 5 minutes

>complete mental breakdown

He had to deal with feeling uncomfortable for a few moments, after that he was okay, he had no control over what was happening, his link with the cluster was automatic with no imput from him

>multi-episode arcs
>multi-book arcs
>multi-movie arcs
>episodic video games

Decompression is the cancer that is destroying entertainment media

I almost agreed with you until I realized you were talking about SU. That Cluster shit had no fucking foreshadowing. It was introduced randomly one episode, hat two episodes of them anticipating it, then one episode resolving it and a few episodes in between that were only tangentially related and pertained to the larger overarching plot. It existed for one purpose and one purpose only: to give Peridot a common objective and make her turncoating seem like less of an ass-pull. Just because practically a year's worth of hiatus came in between doesn't mean it was organically developed.

>the moment they got there it was solved in less than 5 minutes
they took the full of the episode to deal with it. Not 5 minutes.

It was Peridot before she was ruined. Just like everything in this show.

>everything must be resolved in the arbitrary timeframes dictated by limitations of media production and audience consumpton
step on lego

just did. felt like spring grass. your move, freak.

That was the last good episode for me and as a Stevidot fag it was a rollercoaster

You give too much credit to the writers.

My main, huge problem with the cluster is that the whole thing was, again, solved by just talking.

For starters, of fucking course they have to give Steven yet another special snowflake ability to link mentally with the whole thing, while Peridot doesn't. I want to believe it was similar to his ability to enter into other people's dreams or similar to how he managed to communicate with Lapis while fused, but still feels like an asspull. It seriously annoys me that for some reason Rose Quartz somehow has so many abilities making the rest of the whole cast look almost useless.

Second, and as I said, the whole thing is solved by talking. We could have had Peridot turning the drill into a robot to fight hundreds of gem monsters along with Steven, hell, they could have fused even which could have been nice as Peri's first fusing experiment. But no, just fall asleep because somehow Steven can mentally link with the whole thing and just tell them "hey, can you please stop?".

Is it asking too much? I guess for this cartoon, it is.

Steven Universe didnt reveal their main bad guy until season 3, and then 2 seasons later still haven't resolved any of the mysteries it set up.

Shut the fuck up, they should be taking notes from Rick and Morty.

>was, again, solved by just talking.
bubbling, actually. That was actually brought quite smoothly
>For starters, of fucking course they have to give Steven yet another special snowflake ability to link mentally with the whole thing
It wans't new, it had been established previously
> I want to believe it was similar to his ability to enter into other people's dreams or similar to how he managed to communicate with Lapis while fused, but still feels like an asspull.
It's exactly what it is and therefore there is zero asspull with that.
> It seriously annoys me that for some reason Rose Quartz somehow has so many abilities making the rest of the whole cast look almost useless.
We don't know if it is because of a Rose Quar ability she had, or because he is an hybrid. And it doesn't make the other useless. Steven's power are complementary.

>Second, and as I said, the whole thing is solved by talking
Bubbling
>But no, just fall asleep because somehow Steven can mentally link with the whole thing and just tell them "hey, can you please stop?".
Telling to stop wasn't enough, he had to kcikstart the bubbling. Steven found an idea and it worked.

>Is it asking too much? I guess for this cartoon, it is.
You were asking for a final showdown of what was basically a mid-season episodes before the season was cut in half. Since then, we have got several fights already.

If we have to see Steven fighting against an army of gems, it's way too early for that and will only come when we get closer to then end of the story.

I was kinda hoping the pickle rick animattic would be in the prison break. But thank FUCK they just got a divorce, that whole plot was going nowhere.

>implying su won't get cancelled before it properly ends and the writers just rush everything out

better to get back to more episodic episodes which justin roiland wanted to the series in the first place instead of unnecessarily dragging out the plot

What? Pretty much episode since Peridot was introduced up to "Gem Drill" hinted at something about the Cluster. In "Warp Tour" and "Marble Madness", she mentions work at the Prime Kindergarten. In "The Return"/"Jailbreak", Peridot directly mentions the Cluster for the first time, calling it "the whole point" of them coming to Earth. In "Keeping It Together", she's at the Kindergarten talking about "fusion experiments", in "Friendship" she says "This planet has an expiration date, and I'm not gonna stick around to find out when!", and in "Catch and Release", she's horrified at the idea of her dying on Earth. From then on, there was the whole barn arc, which obviously lead to the bubbling of the Cluster. It had been foreshadowed anywhere from 20-40 episodes before it had even been described in detail, and definitely was not an asspull.

Looking at that picture of Steven and Peridot just reminds me of how much the artstyle's degenerated.

>how much the artstyle's degenerated.
I agree, they're being lazy at this point.

Watched a video talking (kissing ass) about it. Made me cringe pretty hard as to how much damage control this lady was pumping out.

youtube.com/watch?v=qe2CdCwCBSA&t=1s

>W-we shouldn't be mad! It's representing the diversity that's celebrated in SU! I'm glad my characters change art styles within two scenes!

How new are you? from the very start, the boarders have clearly stated they don't give a fuck about size-model.

Nothing new, here.

Oh, but of course. Because they save time by not worrying about consistency in order to have better writing. Right?

Oh.

Shelby has a on camera role in some shitty Youtube Red series now. She plays some nerdy best friend but it does give some opportunities for editors to use her lines for SU meme vids.

It's interesting how the cluster is still mentioned occasionally. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but who knows they will do something big with it again later on.

>Because they save time by not worrying about consistency in order to have better writing. Right?
Right indeed. The show is well written.

>Right indeed. The show is well written.
Hey we're all entitled to our opinions. Don't agree with yours but oh well.

Plus, Peridot gradually becoming smaller and smaller is still lousy from an animation perspective. New news or not.

>Plus, Peridot gradually becoming smaller and smaller is still lousy from an animation perspective. New news or not.
They only care about relative size. Steven has gone through the sizotron quite a lot, too.

I'm an SU fan, but the show is not very well-written at all. Certain episodes are great, but as a cohesive narrative, it's terrible. Not even individual episodes are that good anymore.

>Relative size
So you're either 7 feet tall or you go through height rearrangement freak outs every episode.

t. stupid SUfag

>Not posting the more superior screencap of that moment

Her smile only lasted half a second before Steven interrupted her, yelling about the Cluster, but boy it was cute. Shows how much she learned to care.
Same with Gem Harvest when uncle Andy gave Steven a bear hug and all of the gems getting protective. Peridot was fucking growling at Andy when Steven appeared to be in danger to her.

Working so far

I have liked all of the recent episode except th recent Ronaldo one because it was a cringefest. It help that I am not a Lore addict. But even before that, the mini arc with the Zoomans and Blue Diamond was great.
They are whatever size the boarders wan them to be.
Nothing stupid about being aware of facts.

Which is still inconsistent. Peridot is suppose to be a tiny bit taller than Steven and same size as Amethyst. Yet in her last appearance Raven boarded her smaller than him. Zuke on the other hand was surprisingly consistent in that episode.

That's a normal day for that pussy.

"Ha ha ha".

youtube.com/watch?v=AvNLIZJs-hE

Oh yeah, those arcs with the zoo and the diamonds coming to Earth sure are being fleshed well. And showing how intelligent/competent the characters are, especially Garnet.

I love this writing for this show!

How are you supposed to root for these characters besides when they have emotional breakdowns? They can't even see 3 feet in front of them it seems. I want competent protagonists again, not these bumbling idiots.

>It help that I am not a Lore addict.
Neither am I, the show was at its peak in season one IMO. More plot kind of ruined the show's charm. Now it's either plot dump or literally nothing.

>The show is well written.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My point is, if you are going too get fixated on character-size on a shown the writers themselves have said they don't give a fuck, you will only end up hurting yourself.

They have acknowledged there is a size issue and stated they don't care, not much else can be done from that point.

I mean imagine if there is a show where they like to showcase sexy character and some of the fanbase complain that they are sexualising their character andthe show creators say, yeah, we do, because that's how we like it. Do you think it's legit for them to keep complaining?

>Implying the episode itself wasn't an hoax for April Fools
>Implying it's not Rick in a simulation.

>Oh yeah, those arcs with the zoo and the diamonds coming to Earth sure are being fleshed well. And showing how intelligent/competent the characters are, especially Garnet.
You know epiosdes can showcases flaws too. It(s quite clear it wans't attmepting to portray Ganret as being right.
>How are you supposed to root for these characters besides when they have emotional breakdowns? They can't even see 3 feet in front of them it seems. I want competent protagonists again, not these bumbling idiots.
Competent character can do mistake too. And the show laid down beforhand quite clearly why Garnet would lose her shit around BD.
The fact that those fuck up are actually consistent with the characters IS proof that it is a well written show.

>she is going to rat out
Rat out what? There is nothing she learned Yellow Diamond didn't knew already.

>The fact that those fuck up are actually consistent with the characters IS proof that it is a well written show.

Oh yeah, she's so afraid of Blue Diamond. That's why she didn't care at all when the transport that was going to tell the Diamonds that Rose was still alive and on the planet got away Scott free!

So consistent, you're so right. You're beating around the bush, this show has sub-par writing at best.

Rose is still alive (not actually but the Rubies are disabled), Crystal Gems are still kicking, Jasper's pretty much dead, and etc.

>. That's why she didn't care at all when the transport that was going to tell the Diamonds that Rose was still alive and on the planet got away Scott free!
Nothing new for yellow Diamond, there.
>Rose is still alive (not actually but the Rubies are disabled)
Yellow Diamond already knew about that
>Crystal Gems are still kicking
Yellow Diamond already knew about that.
> Jasper's pretty much dead, and etc.
They actually have no idea of what happened to Jasper.
>So consistent, you're so right. You're beating around the bush, this show has sub-par writing at best.
Not the show fault if you are going to nitpick on inconsistency that only exist in your head.

Proof that Yellow diamond knows? They pretty much corrupted every single gem on that planet for all they know. They don't expect her to be around and slowly pulling more gems to her cause.

That sound they set off from their knowledge destroyed the entirety of the Crystal Gems. You're pulling that out of your ass.

But she's gone? With no evidence of where she is? And the Crystal Gems were lying about her whereabouts? It's a pretty safe assumption from their perspective that she's either hostage or they killed her.

You're baiting, you have to be baiting. Nobody can be this thick skulled.

>They pretty much corrupted every single gem on that planet for all they know. They don't expect her to be around and slowly pulling more gems to her cause.

Then what the hell did Peridot tell her when the Gems stopped her in the Kindergarten the first time? She not only saw all the CGs and even said that there weren't supposed to be any Gems left on Earth, and they even referred to themselves by name. Hell Peridot even said she filed a report on the incident, hence why Jasper was with her when she came to Earth for the third time.

Did Yellow Diamond just not ask what Peridot needed a body guard for? Because that seems like a pretty big fucking oversight on her part.

>Proof that Yellow diamond knows?
Homeworld Gems know about the Crystal Gems surviving corruption ever Since Peridot entered in contact with the Kindergarten. She directly saw them and reported it.
>That sound they set off from their knowledge destroyed the entirety of the Crystal Gems. You're pulling that out of your ass.
PERIDOT SAW GEMS NOT AFFECTED BY CORRUPTIONS AND CALLING THEMSELVES BY THE NAME OF THE REBELLIOUS GROUP.
>But she's gone? With no evidence of where she is? And the Crystal Gems were lying about her whereabouts? It's a pretty safe assumption from their perspective that she's either hostage or they killed her.
What? Now you are the one pulling things out of your asses, they have zero reasons to assume any of this.
>You're baiting, you have to be baiting. Nobody can be this thick skulled.
You are the one pulling made up assumptions homeworld could do out of fucking nowhere, you know.

>Did Yellow Diamond just not ask what Peridot needed a body guard for?
Actually, the body guard was imposed on her. She didn't want Jasper to tag along, just the ship.

So assuming Yellow Diamond imposed Jasper while knowing nothing of the report is even stupider.

Ignore him. Some SUfags have brain damage

>Did Yellow Diamond just not ask what Peridot needed a body guard for?
Nothing new. Every single gem is retarded.

Honestly it seems the Diamonds are not interested in the whereabouts of a single Peridot (there are probably many of them). This got confirmed in Message Received with YD saying she wasn't interested in the puny thoughts of a Peridot.

However...Homeworld does have generals, commanders, managers etc. which means whoever Peridot's manager is should have received the report and alarm a higher up about a CG sighting on earth. Unless the manager is fucking incompetent and thought a random era 2 Peridot wouldn't know what a CG looks like and disregarded the situation. She didn't bother to inform and just sent a Jasper and some weird Lapis who somehow returned from earth along with this Peridot. Again, that manager must be really fucking stupid.

Oh? Is that why there was tension built around the fact that Peridot was on the verge of ratting out the Crystal Gems to Yellow diamond? Because she knows already?

Why she had to lie about their ship going down because of an accident? Because she knows already?

>PERIDOT SAW GEMS NOT AFFECTED BY CORRUPTIONS AND CALLING THEMSELVES BY THE NAME OF THE REBELLIOUS GROUP.
Yeah, because there's likely no other gems stationed on that planet so it's safe to assume that if you see a gem on it's affiliated with the cause. That doesn't mean they had prior knowledge of them existing on the planet.

Is that why a Ruby was freaking out about the idea of Rose still being alive? And that she could take her back to Yellow diamond for a reward? Seriously?

>You are the one pulling made up assumptions homeworld could do out of fucking nowhere, you know.
Better than making assumptions about ruthless leaders "knowing" the supposed murder of their sister is still alive and well and not caring.

>Nothing new. Every single gem is retarded.
You call me retarded yet you're hopping on the ship of the guy who says this show has good writing.

>I am going to assume gems are stupid instead of accepting the obvious explanation.
I might not be the smartest guy, but I at least don't assume the "correct" explanation is the one that piss me off just so I can feed my rage bonner.

Why is there always someone that wants to run damage control on something that is clearly fucked up?

Maybe it's just bureaucracy. Yellow Diamond never asked Peridot just went up the chain of command who just treated it like a common incident. YD wasn't aware of anything actually going wrong until Peridot got pretty much the number to the Presidents Red Phone.

So basically it's a plot hole that's only resolved by inferring that events occurred off screen to artificially keep the antagonists on the back burner that are never once referenced in-show?

Because denying your show has blatant flaws is much better than criticizing it in hopes that they will improve.

Sit back and enjoy this, y-you should be lucky you even have this show! Stop thinking so hard, user.

I'm afraid so. But I'm interested to see whatever excuse they'll use later on when HW finally gets its shit together and comes to earth.

>Oh? Is that why there was tension built around the fact that Peridot was on the verge of ratting out the Crystal Gems to Yellow diamond? Because she knows already?
No, there was tension because they didn't knew what she was going to do. Also, they were worried she could bust their operation to stop the Cluster from forming.

Reminder that the only intelligence of value is that the CLuster is currently a dude and it's the one pice of data the rubies don't know.

>Why she had to lie about their ship going down because of an accident? Because she knows already?
She lied about it so that it wouldn't appear she was under the captivity of the gems and so Yellow Diamond could trust what she'd say.
>That doesn't mean they had prior knowledge of them existing on the planet.
And? From the moment Peridot reported them, they knew there was Gems on theplanet, which bring me back to my point: there is nothing the Rubies know that Yellow Diamond doesn't already.

>Better than making assumptions about ruthless leaders "knowing" the supposed murder of their sister is still alive and well and not caring.
Zero assumptions about it. There is zero reason she wouldn't knew. And you assuming she doesn't care IS an asspul. She is still expecting the cluster to destroy the planet and all the gem that shattered Pink Diamond. But as she LITERALLY SUNG herself, she is moving on. Cluster Emerge, Crystal Gem die she move on. That's how she see things going on right now.

>You call me retarded yet you're hopping on the ship of the guy who says this show has good writing.
he is calling you retarded,because you rely on a lot of of assumption to piss yourself out so you can reject basic and obvious explanation that wouldn't justify your hate for the show.

>YD wasn't aware of anything actually going wrong until Peridot got pretty much the number to the Presidents Red Phone.
She was very warae of it. YD directly aske about the mission and how the Cluster was going on.

Thinking Yellow Diamond didn't knew about the Crystal Gem pinterrupting a remote control check on one of his most importnat projet is really stretching it.

>Because denying your show has blatant flaws is much better than criticizing it in hopes that they will improve.
see There is zero denying, there, the show has incostent size. That mcuch is agreed on by everyone.

Now the show runner have stated they don't give a fuck about it. what do you wan to do form that point on?

>So basically it's a plot hole that's only resolved by inferring that events occurred off screen to artificially keep the antagonists on the back burner that are never once referenced in-show?
Uh, no, that's a critic (i.e., Garnet is stupid for letting Nay go) that is only justified by assuming events occurred off screen to artificially keep the antagonists on the back burner that are never once referenced in-show.

This is the required assumption to make the complain about Navy being let go valid.

On the other hand, we can simply assume that Yellow Diamond already know everything that the rubies know and that they are bring no info of value, because Peridot already reported to YD everything of value when her remote checking was interrupted by the CG.

People who complain about the writing, have to deny tat assumptions and make plenty of other to justify their rage.