What made this show so fucking good? What'd you like about it? What'd you dislike about it? EMH thread

What made this show so fucking good? What'd you like about it? What'd you dislike about it? EMH thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jzzpqecbDOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It pulled from every era of Avengers history and mashed it all up into something interesting. It's one of the few Marvel shows that really seemed to be aware of how much Marvel material is out there to draw on.

What I disliked is that because they were snapped up by Wolverine & the X-Men, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch could never appear on the show. Scarlet Witch in particular had to be written out of a lot of the stories they adapted.

It was okay. Animation was weird though

Eh I had a feeling if we got that season 3 we would have got Wanda at the very least since that would have introduced Dr Strange and continued the Enchantress plotline.

That said there wasn't any story arc that I felt was lacking the twins, Hank and Jan were really good characters for a change.

So the issue with the new avengers series is that they disregard the comic's history?

First season was pretty good with each member getting equal billing.

I rather disliked season 2 for becoming a Cap-Can-Do-No-Wrong show.

I also hated Hank becoming Yellowjacket. He should have quickly ditched that persona then switched to the Scientific Adventurer in a red jumpsuit instead.

Played on the strengths of marvel before Disney

But user

Cap really can do no wrong.

>I also hated Hank becoming Yellowjacket. He should have quickly ditched that persona then switched to the Scientific Adventurer in a red jumpsuit instead.
EMH Yellowjacket was glorious. It's what Comics Pym should've been. He was a masterful troll like this gem with Agent Brand.

youtube.com/watch?v=jzzpqecbDOc

A Carol so good the comics swiped her wholesale. rip butters/fazekas/gages run

It was painfully mediocre on it's good day.

I can't help but feel it would be funnier if they showed a teeny tiny explosion after he shrunk the bomb down.

i agree that the animation was weird, but it also gave it character. emh didn't feel like it had an agenda, unlike ultimate spiderman, avengers assemble, and gotg. avengers assemble and gotg seem like they were only created to synergize with mcu. their characters seem bland and the writing is uninspired. best episode is pic related.

This episode should have had Mockingbird

And I'm still mad that they had Keaton record lines for this episode and then replaced him with Drake Bell

It was made by people that gave a shit, and didn't care about movie synergy.

i was so exited watching this episode with my brother

it hurt we'll never get a Marvel show as good as this any time soon.

Yellowjacket was cool, but it was somewhat sad to see the evolution of Hank from a pacifist, idealist, scientist to a jaded, unhinged vigilante.

remember he is bipolar user-kun

This, but also the fact that it was the last time the Avengers were untainted by the MCU.

Blame Jeph "Only focus on Iron Man, Cap and Thor" Loeb who thought kids couldn't handle story arcs.

Apparently Mockingbird was supposed to be in that episode. When the beacons lit up for the New Avengers, there is one extra on the map than there are characters.

I mean he was probably going to get better.

I'm just mad that we never saw her again after Secret Invasion.

She didn't even show up for the finale.

i should really finish watching A:EMH, but i can't remember where i left off

>What made this show so fucking good?

rotating cast kept it always fresh. That's what makes Avengers seperate from JL, the core team will always be changing and it keeps it fresh

animation was great, far better that JLU at least
Yellowjacket was fucking great. He just didn't get used enough and didn't get a redemption arc cause cancellation

United They Stand> Earth's Mightiest Heroes

what about Jarvis in the show?

start from episode 1 again then, it's all good.

I didn't like the Galactus episode
Also, Wasp was the first time I was attracted to an animated character...I didn't like that feeling.

Galactus was terrible but blame that all on them just saying FUCK IT to the final episode cause they new they were cancelled. Also it's why it had no tie ins to anything else, just grabbed whatever character they felt like it and crammed down a finale

emh wasp is so superior to comic wasp

That isn't exactly a difficult accomplishment.

That, and it's clearly MCU-bait.

Can you imagine Avengers Assemble doing a Korvac story, or a Kang one, for instance, if they aren't appearing in the movies soon?

>We'll never get a reimagined Wasp solo based on EMH
>We're forever stuck with Nadia Pym

not to mention the animation is super shity

Galactus was foreshadowed in the Skrull arc and I think he was always meant to be the finale, but they had to rush it hard.

It had some hype momentos, like Thor facing Galactus or Reed, Hank and Tony doing súper science together, but it was rushed as hell. It was forshadowed, but it definetly lacked buildup. For the finale it felt lackluster. They should have gone with Surtur

>What'd you dislike about it?
when Loeb got on board

that man have an uncanny ablity to turn everything he touches into shit

where did you get this info friend

Iron Man and Hulk are technically supposed have the mcu origin

there was concept art for season 3 that featured an x-men team up.

besides changing vietnam for midle east iron man origin its the same in the mcu and in the comics

That wasn't concept art, it was just fanart from someone that worked on the show. He also had art of wasp as captain universe, cap and morbius fighting baron blood, and of rom.

i often hear that season 3 was gona involve dr strange and magic anyone got a source ive never found it

I'm in the minority here but I honestly didn't care for the GOTG episode that everyone splooges about. It was neat doing a Korvac saga with the modern Guardians but Star-Lord's voice was fucking shit and none of the other Guardians got to do much. I'm not sure Warlock even got to talk.

Still better than the GOTG cartoon though.

>but Star-Lord's voice was fucking shit
It's literally the best voice to date for animated star-lord. The only voice that captivated his personality before the MCU shit all over it and turned him into a man-child.

>Can you imagine Avengers Assemble doing a Kang story
They did.

That looks so badly drawn

I rather have Avengers EMH season 3 than Young Justice

this, YJ is "fine" and is extremely fanficy and the bad kind

EMH is amazing and fanficy but those rare good kinds you find

I like your way of approaching things!

I never liked Young Justice, so I agree

>Star-Lord's voice was shit
>voiced by fuckin Master Chief

You kidding me? This was before we got the slacker adventurer MCU Starlord where this Starlord actually had an understanding of his role in the galaxy. Also it's better than AA Starlord where they got Ron Stoppable's VA and didn't even tell him to change his fuckin voice. So we had a Starlord with a really squeaky teen voice and don't forget Master Shake's VA voicing Rocket.

After how badly Loeb and Man of Action ruined EMH, I disagree.

>Also it's better than AA Starlord where they got Ron Stoppable's VA and didn't even tell him to change his fuckin voice. So we had a Starlord with a really squeaky teen voice and don't forget Master Shake's VA voicing Rocket.

Also insanely stick in the mud Gamora.

I like the mostly episodic format though. Multi-episode story arcs in cape cartoons can end up feeling as bloated as comics events and I end up losing interest.

But instead, you get a show that forgets character development. Like how Cap was the only one caring about original Hulk during the Red Hulk stuff when Hawkeye and Wasp were much closer to Hulk.

But that cap was a skrull

I think he means the episode where Hulk goes after Cap blaming him for being captured by Ross, whereas it was Skrull Cap that had tricked Hulk in turning himself to Ross.

I remember that episode and I know what user is talking about. Wasp and Hawkeye pretty much attacked Hulk while, somehow, forgetting they were the ones that got closer the most with Hulk while they were bonding as a team.

the best crossover betwen guardians and avengers to bad gamoro coudnt apear caus eof her sexynes

>patrician taste

Pretty much on par for the entire rest of the show then?

DnA Star-Lord was a clown not a stiff boring space marine.

B-b-but the shipping and fanfiction :(

cared about the marvel universe outside of the cinematic universe, kinda like how comics were when most people were actually reading comics

What storylines would you like to have seen adapted in the show? I think annihilation would have been great. They sort of did that in the prison 42 episode, but I would have prefered it to be bigger, and involve the guardians and the alien empires previously seen on the show.

It has the best carol

See
she can work without the butch lesbian disposition or the try hard civil war leader

She should be written more like Hal Jordan Green lantern than Wonder Woman

>animation was great, far better that JLU at least

>>voiced by fuckin Master Chief

Holy shit I didn't even realize this until I read that.

agreed. But objectively YJ managed to get teen drama right, plus the animation was great

really? you think shitty JLU animation was good? Holy shit, how redpilled are you? It was terrible except for a few seenes, like the ones with Green Arrow.

I thought season 1 of EMH was pretty damn good, perhaps on par with some of the DCAU shows.

Season 2 was decidedly weaker but still pretty decent.

I dont recall much but i was stoked when Beta Ray showed up, visually its not that good but had lots of decent episode stories with lots of characters thrown in ,hated Tony Starks voice , Wasp was fuckdorable. I also really loved Carols portrayal in the show.

wastent avengers assemble the follow up to EMH? also anyone got or know of a tor for season 3 of avengers assemble i can only find single episodes here and there

FACT: The theme song got better every time you heard it.

The theme song sucked user. Worse thing about the show.

AMH animation feels fucking clonky. It looks like it was my by a movie animator. JLU kept the Bruce Timmy's glorious artwork from BTAS and STAS. You can also notice that whoever drawn AMH took inspiration on Bruce Timm' body modèle and did it worse.

When I first heard it was like
>Sup Forums told me this show was good?

but over time I loved it. Shame they ruined it in season 2.

I think it sound so cheap and made the show cheaper than it already is

That was because the lead singer raped some bitch, so they didn't want to be associated with the song anymore.

It was pretty gay actually

god damn this show was the tits

Badass action, fun characters that, honestly, feel like they were pulled right from the old comics, interesting and complex story arcs that were still very straight forward

I like the MCU but I hate that marvel thinks its the end all be all of their franchise and that everything needs to be based on the movies

Stop posting Wasp.
It isn't right to find a cartoon character attractive

This

Why can't they just make this I to comic
Why does she has to be a wannabe dictator Butch lesbian

Its Insufferable

Mockingbird was supposed to join the Avengers but her voice actress was too expensive so they dropped the idea.

this show could've been one of the greats, its a shame that marvel decided to sabotage it

My brother watched parts of EMH, and while he was never a comic book fan, he fucking loved Kang. He asked me about Kang in the comics (which is like the worst possible thing a casual would want to know, next to Hawkman's origin and Xorn's everything). That's how well the show did Kang.

Kang was more menacing and threatening in one episode than Thanos has in his two? three? appearances so far, even though they try to hype him up.

Fucking preach, they took all the good stuff and left out all the idiocy that can build up over 50 some years of a character's existence.

nobody gives a fuck about a crazy confusing character like kang, hell, look at the leader. a massive joke of a villain since the first time he showed up but gamma world was amazing. From Beta ray bill to wasp to the freaking masters of evil this show was great!

THIS SHOW GETS ME HYPE

>butch lesbian
All right, I'm getting fed up with this.

Have you ever actually seen a dyke? What exactly about the costume screams "butch lesbian"? Is it because they dropped the shitty domino mask? Is that the deciding factor here?

Pretty sure it's her new haircut

The costume's great, I actually like it better than the old one, it's the craptastic hairstyle and Anka drawing her like a very masculine man.

That makes sense.

Carry on.

bump

>butch lesbian
its referencing her demeanor of the try hard alpha leader and of course her hair