Why is she apologizing? Is being a muslim that horrifying?

Why is she apologizing? Is being a muslim that horrifying?

Yeah, it really is that bad.

t.Muslim

I am so sorry.

Kek does the context make this any better because I don't understand this at all

Here's the whole page.

Im really hoping for an explanation too. Did she offer him pork or something?

Still dont get it. Is this a political statement

I don't get it. Is she apologizing for assuming he was an Egyptian pagan?

Did she feet him pork or something?

Is that it? Because that's just retarded. One would assume that an Egyptian would know something about ancient Egyptian mythology, muslim or not.

Yes

Yes she's apologizing for assuming he worships ancient Egyptian shit.

>One would assume that an Egyptian would know something about ancient Egyptian mythology
Why? Any one iteration of that religion would be literally tens of thousands of years old. It was already ancient when the Ancient Greeks were around.

Oh that's kinda retarded. But okay.

Cultural history, don't they teach that in schools?

USAmericans seem to be hyper-tolerant and apologetic when dealing with the culture of others. How's Europe? Are they tolerant when dealing with the culture of non-Americans or do they just generally not give a shit?

European countries are so tolerant that they allow grooming gangs to enrich their own daughters.

not in female schools of 1800. And IIRC she is of low class status, so she'd get to learn how to read, write and basic math at best

Where is this supposed to take place? How did an Egyptian make it through the ottomans to even visit another nation?

it's London. There were all kind of people from everywhere.

You understand that 1800s Ottomans didn't allow emigration outside of their high class, something that 98% of the egyptians were not, and after the rise of protestants, and the division of the catholic church in Great Britain, it lead to them becoming heavily against immigration.

That's a male though.

Apparently low-class himself. Unlikely he got much cultural history back in 1800

I'm sorry for your loss of foreskin.

We're talking about 1890s here, and he does not appear to be a very low class.

Depends a lot on which country in Europe, and which person in whatever country in question

There's two parts of Ancient Egyptian culture, the part that's still ongoing through traditions carried out by the fallaheen/farmers, and the part that nobody fucking knows or cares about except as a luxury.

In any case, the apologizing seems a bit excessive.

Yes, being Muslim is a horrifying condition, don't you know that every year many Muslims suffer from ALLAHU AKBAR Syndrome?

The Rosetta Stone wasn't even translated until well into the 19th century. Ancient Egyptian culture and history was very little understood, and even then only by a small group of western scholars.

C'mon, it's not that bad.