So .. did the machine work or not?

So .. did the machine work or not?

yes, also whether or not it works is not the point

It doesn't matter if it's "the point" (as if movies have points lmao-pleb-) The question still stands

I can't believe that this question even gets asked. It's like people wondering if cobb was dreaming or not. Like, how fucking dumb do you have to be to not understand how irrelevant a question that is?

I got through an hour of spy vs spy magician bullshit and gave up, someone some up what the rest of the movie is. Something about secret twins?

You are dodging the question. But it's ok I accept your concession

>It doesn't matter if it's "the point"

Yes it does, but I understand completely how you would think it wouldn't.

The machine worked, I mean they kinda show you that it works plenty of times in the movie, that one time with all the duplicated hats, and even at the end when you have all those cases with Angier's bodies trapped inside em.

My question is always this. Why the fuck did he have to keep using the machine and killing himself? Once he used it once, he had a clone, he could basically do the trick the way Bale's character did.. And ya know.. Not keep killing himself over and over again.

I suppose you could argue that he wanted revenge, that he wanted to discredit/humiliate Bale's character, which I suppose he ultimately did... It's still something he could have accomplished by maybe only killing off one clone.

No it doesn't. You still can ask a question about a movie without the subject being the main ´´point'' of the movie. I know you are just used to pure shitposting and can't elaborate an argument but c'mon don't ruin a nice thread with your edgy bullshit

trash movie for soyboys

no it didn't work, and if you were tricked into thinking it did it's because you weren't watching closely

>You still can ask a question about a movie without the subject being the main ´´point'' of the movie

The fact that it doesn't matter if the machine worked or not WAS part of the point. I think you need to watch the movie again. You're not prepared to have a discussion about it.

No it was all angier bullshit ring. Dead guy was the drunk

>I mean they kinda show you that it works plenty of times in the movie

Jesus christ...it's a movie about an unreliable narrator, and you believe something happened because the movie showed it happening. Fuck me.

No it wasn't but nice way of avoiding the question and present zero arguments
I accept your concession.

>it's a movie about an unreliable narrator
And evidence of the machine working exists outside of any flashback of Angier. Apply yourself brainlet.

My take on it is that he didn't want to share with another version of himself and he was the one that wanted all the spotlight and attention, maybe he was spooked by it. He kept a pistol near himself so that when he went into the machine he could kill the clone if need be and he did. If the machine made a perfect clone who also thought that he was the real one, maybe he was scared that his clone would have the same feelings and try to harm him either right there or down the road a ways. He seemed kinda selfish during the film.

yes it worked

the curtains were fucking blue

Was Bale 2 a clone?

Who cares. It was overrated. Just like Inception. and on that note. There's a smart guy on youtube (the respected film critic Rob Ager) who did an analysis of Nolan's Inception and i highly encourage real film fans to see it. You'll understand how that film could've been improved.
Look for it and thank me later.

>And evidence of the machine working exists outside of any flashback of Angier
No.

Stop with the offtopic bullshit

>Stop with the offtopic bullshit
We're talking Nolan are we not?
Stop being a bully!

ITS NOT A CLONE

ITS A FUCKING COPY OF HIMSELF

semantics

the vats at the end were used to grow the clones like in Alien 3

i found one of his videos once i turned it off after 30 seconds because he sounded like he didn't know what he was talking about

this, and then the clones degenerated like Solid Snake and that's why angiers is an unreliable narrator, he's a 15th generation autistic clone-man

We are talking about the prestige

>i found one of his videos once i turned it off after 30 seconds because he sounded like he didn't know what he was talking about

Maybe you simply have a very low attention span. Rob's analysis are the best you'll find online (on youtube at least, i'm not him btw and no, i'm not shilling)

>i'm not him btw and no, i'm not shilling
i'm pretty sure both of those things are true

if it didn't work, how'd explain all these dead clones of himself at the very end?

I understand that now but what exactly "reveals" this? it's been a long time since I watched it

>Why the fuck did he have to keep using the machine and killing himself? Once he used it once, he had a clone, he could basically do the trick the way Bale's character did.. And ya know.. Not keep killing himself over and over again.
He wanted all prestige for himself.

God fucking damnit, can someone at least post screenshot of Angier "bodies" in the tanks? I mean it's the only solid proof of worked machine. Hats and narrator's voice doesn't count.

then why not let the copy/clone open the act and let himself close it? Like it's HIMSELF that he's killing ya know? I would have thought he'd weight all the ACTUAL possibilities before going ahead and just killing his copy EVERY time. lol

yes the fucking machine worked. that's all there is to it. there is nothing more complex going on in this movie. you want to know how i know that? if chris and jonathan nolan wrote some
complex twist about how the machine didn't actually work and it was a trick on top of a trick, they would have included it in the movie because they are hacks that want the audience to think they are good writers.

Because copy/clone will never agree to open act, because all the cheering and applause goes to the one who closes. And clone would want to kill him anyway, because Angier is capable of that.

It didn't work. There's no evidence of the machine ever working outside Angiers diary

angier explains the whole thing to borden as he's fucking dying.

holy fuck this is stupid

What exactly? Agnier being ego-maniac obsessed with fame and glory?

but user, he answered the question with the first post

Dead bodies are proof that it worked, faggot.

is a clone not a copy?

He's not reliable
That's Bordens fooled POV

i watched this movie and dont remember anything about it
fuck me im scared about my memory im only 20
pls help

?
yes?

i mean, how can you possibly have any doubt about it?

his diary isn't reliable, the end of the movie doesn't take place within his diary. he says to borden that it 'took courage to walk into the machine every night not knowing if he'd be the man in the box or the prestige'

the machine not working is one of the dumbest half assed theories i've ever read. it's the shining minator autism tier crap.