What a bland movie

what a bland movie.

how does it fit into the nolanverse though ?

only good parts were the fighterpilots

Holy fuck I wish I saw this in imax

what a bland post

it doesn't, that's why it's so surprisingly good

You missed out, the first Stuka attack was easily one of the most gut-clenching scenes I've encountered, the sound, the tension, good God. Fuck anyone else, I really enjoyed Dunkirk.

if you didnt see it in imax you missed out

Best Nolan film since The Prestige

Best Nolan film since Memento imo

1. Memento
2. Dunkirk
3. Insomnia
4. The Prestige

the rest are not that great so I have trouble ranking them
TDKR is probably the worst one

Yawwnnnnn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not sure why anyone likes this movie. Fucking shit tier.

So is this just contrarian Sup Forums shilling or is the movie this dull? Can someone actually elaborate on why before I go and waste my time watching it

>Brits lost during Dunkrik over 100 planes.
>Nazis over 150.
>In the film 3 planes hold 300 nazi planes
This film is so fucking historically retarded

not much happens. some boats sink, they get strafed by nazi planes a few times, tom hardy shoots down some nazi planes, then they get saved

it's dull

It's a big exciting spectacle that your mileage will vary on. To me, all that ocean just made me numb after a while, and the intentional lack of character and plot made it harder to care beyond basic empathy. Not a bad movie at all though

If you have problems falling asleep, watch it.

first ~30min were amazing. Then all went downhill

>The scene where Godzilla rises from the channel was cut

Wheres the historical accuracy?

what a bland post.

t. surface-level plot driven torrent parasite manbabies who watch film on their 13 inch Toshiba laptop with one earbud on

t. muh imax expuriunz 15 year old

you were tricked by a huge screen, congrats. this event did not deserve a movie

it's a film that's trying to be very realistic, giving a real sense of how it might've felt to be part of that historic event
there's very little dialogue, and there's no backstory for the characters
it's about just experiencing the film

if those are things that you feel are essential for a film to have, then you won't like dunkirk

if you can actually take the film in, it's really a quality film

t. dumb brainwashed ameritard who can't even fathom a WW2 film being something other than the usual war glorifying "WE THE BEST LET'S KILL ALL THE EBIL NAZIS/GOOKS SO HEROIC SO VICTORIOUS" shootout gorefest war flicks filled with fake empathy/sentimentality and shoved sappy love stories about sweethearts waiting at home

look at this mad britcuck lmao. how does it feel to have your only relevant war movie of the past 40 years cover an event where you ran away like little bitches?

I'm from Croatia you dumb amerilard.
Also real nice mental midget defense system where you have absolutely zero arguments so you start changing subjects to nation history.

This film only looks as Nolan intended when you see it in IMAX to which majority of this board didn't take part in.

Besides, the film is about historical battle and it's unhistorical mess.

>croatia

how does it feel to be even more irrelevant than mongolia

looked great on my BDrip desu

Again showing your absolute degenerate mental midget status where you get completely BTFO'd while discussing a film so you switch subjects with low brow hits at national history.
Beyond pathetic and embarassing user.

Šta je pičko, ćeš se tuč?

Any non-IMAX aspect ratio is a technical limit and is not as Nolan intended.

The full IMAX frame is even "higher" vertically, you literally got to see less of the actual picture because of your 16:9 screen

this isn't a film, this is a flick, please use the terminology correctly

also please stop using our language

g'damn i hate myself for not being american

I know, all I'm saying is that it still looked great
Don't have any IMAX theatres where I live so it wouldn't have been a possibility anyway

i don't think it looks particularly striking in its bluray aspect format. too bad, since the imax material looks quite interesting..

i'll never see it as intended since i'm not blessed to be american tho

Why don't they just release a fucking 4:3 version or whatever the full size is so people can still see the full frame but just black bars on the sides?

damn, so that's why i got bored to death. sorry to have doubted you nolan

Struck a nerve there sweetie huh?

>i-it's not a film, it's a flick trust me
Embarassing.

>What is the Battle of Britain
>What is Operation Battle Axe

Are you fucking retarded user?

this does not qualify as a film, are you new?

because the imax image would have to be considerably reduced in its size and everything would be FUCKING SMALL in the screen as opposed to its current use where everything is FUCKING BIG in the screen.

>nolan
>gud moobie
what did you expect? Seeing on a giant IMAX screen was still nice, but he's just a very mediocre filmmaker.

He literally can't execute any part of filmmaking great. Some of it's competent, and some of it's shitty, but he just isn't a *great* director.

this, also couldn't give a shit about any of the characters besides tom hardy

I counted 10 German planes.

>shot on film
>pure visual storytelling
>practical set pieces
>absolutely zero quips or pandering to anyone whatsoever
>"ummmm it's not a film trust me"

Let me guess, it's not a film because "it's shit", right my dear brainlet american friend?

lmao this isn't a film, it's a popcorn flick

chris nolan has never and will never make a film

it's generally worth a watch, unless you're anti-Nolan. I think he's never better than mediocre. If you genuinely like a few of his movies, then watch it, but if you dislike all of them don't.

The air narrative took place in an hour time absolute fucking mongoloid, it's safe to say that there were only 3 or 4 Spitfires in air in a single hour of that whole week.

yeah the lack of scale sucked. Would've been better if it actually felt/seemed like there were 100s of planes and 300k troops

Just like I predicted, an overly general meaningless "lol it's shit" non argument. You sound a bit mentally challenged

the guy you are replying is probably the butthurt pretend-patrician polish faggot spamming those /film/ threads with absolutely unwatchable fucking garbage indie arthouse from 60s.

>MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN, I BET I CAN GET 43 REPLIES THIS TIME!!!

>have two real fears in life: burning to death and drowning while stuck in a cabin or similar(thanks Titanic)
>mfw while watching Dunkirk in the cinema

I've never been so tense at the cinema as when the plane went down, the boys were loaded up in the ship, or when they were swimming through the oil. God I'm glad I didn't watch it at home.

There was never 100s of planes in the air at the same time in the Battle of Dunkirk , not even dozens.
As for the troops, the Dunkirk beach is extremely long and it's not like they all were crammed up in a single spot like sardines.

it was kino, tom hardy's character arc brought me to the edge of tears, a wholesome celebration of the allies

Anti climatic really. It's way more enjoyable in the theater but nonetheless i would describe it anti climatic. This was defitinely the movie you should have seen with surround sound and a big screen, when the first plane flies on screen flies over the boat the sound was deafening. Pretty cool.

it's even more lifeless than his other movies. he doesn't even try to create characters anymore. also it's hard to follow the action because the narrative is all mixed up. and there's basically no tension, since the germans aren't coming and its just a bunch of people trying to cross the channel

if you actually think this is a true film then you seriously haven't watched many movies tbqh

your level of butthurt implies this as well

It's not really made for non-whites, so it's not surprising it didn't resonate with you.

anti-nolan here, i liked it

>brits
>white

Another overly general non argument that is on the same level of "read some books lmao", I suggest you just stop posting altogether

I'm fucking retarded and saw this at a small time, projector Cinema.
Saw it again in a regular theatre.
Then missed my showtime for an imax 70mm viewing with an introduction by Nolan himself because my sister was fucking late in getting there on time.

(I've been wanting to get that off my chest since July)

i suggest you watch actual films, maybe you'll realize how retarded it is calling a popcorn war flick a film lol

>Tom Hardy is a big guy
>Wears a mask
>crashes his plane
>sets fire to it
>the fire rises
>Germans capture him (presume that there are no survivors)

How do you not see how this fits into the Nolanverse?

So how does the movie end? Every time I try to watch it I just fall asleep.

why does he wear the mask? is it just so he can talk to his pilot friends on the microphone?