Valerian

It wasn't that bad.

I agree

>$300 million on a barely 5/10 movie with two of the worst leads in film history

literally what were they thinking

It wasn't that good.

You can troll better than that.

isn't that the question of the day

So bad, but just not THAT bad? Yeah I agree

those rat faced GMOs can't carry a film

>karl urban wannabe gets bossed around by his strong female underling as he recruits a gender and race fluid sex slave to rescue a numale civilization from white race genocide
yep great movie.

It's terrible if you take it very seriously. (i.e. as an adult-sci-fi). But if you accept it for what it is. (sci-fi for the family, something kids can also enjoy) then it wasn't bad. Could've been a disney production.

It was bad. It had very poor acting, a script that one critic described as "being put through Google Translate one too many times", a meandering plot with unnecessary, long sorties into pointless scenes, and unremarkable themes or messages besides "genocide is bad". The settings and visuals were very nice, but, well, aren't we tired of beautiful movies with wooden acting and crappy dialogue after Snydergate?

i agree too

it has its flaws and you can pick them apart all day, but for me it was a "breath of fresh air" it was a movie how i remember movies used to be.... fun, imaginative, coherent, not raping your mind with (((agendas)))

Wait, what movie did you see again?

thats some high praise OP, i'll def have to check it out now

id cum inside both their buttholes

I still haven't seen it.
Got it downloaded now to be fair... I've got loads of booze and weed I might watch a film.
Should I bother?

This little lady cannot act. Cara isn't very good either.

Don't understand all the hate for this film. It was decent, not great or anything, just good. Seem to really embrace some good parts of Sci-Fi and had great CGI.

Eh.

>Should I bother?
Did you like the 5th element? It 'feels' just like it, though the antagonist, protagonist, supporting cast... okay, all the characters are worse. But if you have nothing great to watch it's alright.

it was bad. the forced romance was bad. muh 6 million. it had potential, but in the end it was garbage.

I do actually like The Fifth Element.
In that case, I'll give it a go.

horribly miscast and badly written

looked pretty at least

Fell sleep after 20 minutes
Does it actually get good ?

The lack of chemistry in the leads completely took me out of it.

You're right, it was worse.
It was ridiculous how bad it was, my friend had dragged me to quite a few awful movies before that we both regret watching, but this was too ridiculously awful to truly hate.
It was like watching the most hilarious trainwreck ever.
It was like the writers opened to book to filming 101, saw the first line "show, don't tell" blew a raspberry and threw it over their shoulders and proceed to exposition the fuck out of everything, with awful dialogue to boot.

that line made me more upset than it shouldve

but yea, overall a lot of the problems stem from the casting and end in the directionless abyss of the film's marketing

I fucking loved it at first, but it all fell apart when the movie went full DUDE EVIL WHITE MILITARY MEN TALKING ABOUT HERITAGE DUTY AND SUPREMACY WANT TO GENOCIDE THE LITERAL 6 MILLION NOT-NAVIS WITH THEIR PRECIOUS SMURFBERRIES - AGAIN! ONLY THE POWER OF LOVE CAN SAVE THE WORLD, SOMETHING - UGH - MEN WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND LMAO

better than blade runner and force awakens