We Ultimates now

We Ultimates now

That's not Spider-Man!

>not super bulky
>normal Iron man helmet
Not muh Ultimate Armor.

Don't mind me, I'm just waiting for the moment the MCU decides to do their take on the Modular Armor, AKA the former "most recognizable" modern incarnation of Iron Man before the movies were a thing.

Y'know, the form that showed up in the first two MvC games, and was the armor seen the most in the Iron Man cartoons and other 90's era Marvel cartoons.

That one.

>they finally changed the armor

Thank. Fucking. God.

I really like it
Hard to choose which suit is best between this one, the one in CW and the Mark 6 (Why did they get rid of the triangle chest piece?)

Avengers was already heavily borrowing from Ultimates in the first place.

Don't they change it literally every movie though?

its a photoshop, and not official, the armor he wears in the movie is the civil war armor.

They didn't change shit. They just recolored the middle bits on the Civil War one.

He adds grey to honor his pal Rhodey.

Don't they change it all the time?

They used to. And then The Avengers happened and he's been using the same armor ever since then, except for the few moments in Iron Man 3 where he was jumping from armor to armor.

Do I have bad taste if I really liked the Age of Ultron armor?

Anyone have a picture with all the Iron Man armors so far?

Nah.
The armor is always a little different.
Its hard to tell at a glance but minor design points change every movie that become noticeable when compared side to side.

CW, Iron Centurion and that one were the best

Only up to IM3

It's a good looking armor.
Those are just my favourite he's worn, I'm sure I'l be called out for bad taste because I never see the Mark 6 be mentioned

Safe bet Tony will wear pic related for Infinity War

I thought AoU had some great costumes in general. Cap and Vision looked good too.

yup

armor posting is my favourite thing about the mcu

I hope so, I really like that helmet design.

It's literally changed with every fucking appearance.

not even remotely half way close
>b-but muh color schemes

NUH UH
this is the AoU suit

Can't change perfection
they also did this with the Mark 42 in IM3 and Mark 43 in AoU

I like the mini thrusters on the limbs and torso. Reminds me of a better-looking version of the Bleeding Edge armor.

I never liked how it had abs and muscle contours all over. That just looks tacky to me.

Anyone else think the forearms are a little off putting on this suit?
it also reminds me of meat being pulled a part and it's unsettling

soon

almost there

They look like they have gills

I'm sure that's the inspiration they were going for

It's a similar problem I have with shit like Red Hood's mask/helm having visible facial features when being drawn by certain artists.

Oh yeah, it always looks so weird when they give him lips.

It would be fucking great, but I can't possibly imagine how the whole visible muscles thing would work on live action.

I hate this armor. Hated it in cartoons, hated it in video games. Just an ugly piece of shit all around.

His main armor in IM 3 was a huge change, not to mention that the entire plot of that movie was about how he'd shut himself off building 42 new armors.

what? nah
>traps
>the whole chest
>the obliques/abs
are all different

You gotta admit, they stopped experimenting after a while. I'd love to see them try with another face silhouette than the one they have going currently.

Literally

It just works, But that is the beast armor hands down.

It's like they want to be able to show off the character's muscles and facial expressions but can't with their base designs so they add on contours as if the costume is so some odd armor/spandex hybrid.

We didnt get that many uni-beams did we? Still havent seen the Proton Cannon yet either

>Proton Cannon
soon

this is pretty much a big FU to Ironman fans.

The one he used at the very beginning of AoU is literally that suit just colour swapped except the helmet

He wears a modified version of the Civil War Armor that looks like OP's pic.

You can see it in the trailer.

Not their first FU to Ironman Fans

I think like 3 or 4. One was for a watermelon in Iron Man 2.

ok you're right

They had the perfect chance to do Demon in a Bottle and they didn't do it.

Fucking why.

Too adult.

IIRC Joss Whedon doesn't like the triangle chest piece so they went back to the circular chest piece for the mark 7

>Whedon hated the triangle
shit was gone in the 3rd act of avengers

We got a very watered down version of it in IM2. :^)

They did but used green piss in place of the alcohol

The director wanted to and Paramount was fine with it but after 2009 Disney bought all of marvel including Marvel Studios and any ideas had to be run through hem first, they didn't want one of their heroes to be an alcoholic

We've gotten one in every movie Tony's worn an armor in so far

Fuck him, the triangle chest piece looks perfect

Yeah, well, Whedon also liked Ultron with lips, so fuck him.

>I'm the baddest muthafucka on the world.

I didn't like AoU all that much but finally seeing the Hulkbuster on screen gave me a warm feeling

fite me

It'd probably have armor plates that superficially resemble muscles to achieve the effect, while still having it resemble previous MCU Iron Man armors.

They'd have to make sure the pentagon chest piece is a prominent part of the design, or it'd be a no go for me.

So, am I the only one hoping that Infinity Wars has a 50 foot suit?

I mean, it's the last surprise suit they can pull off in these films. There's really not much they have left to do with Iron Man.

>pentagon chest piece
Might look a little too much like this for their liking

>FRIDAY, THANOS ESCAPED
>ASSEMBLE A GROUP OF AVENGERS WITH ATTITUDE

Thank god

>Thinking Superman and DC has a monopoly on pentagons as a design element.

As long as they give it the Pentagonal reactor window thing, I'd be good.

Yes, thank god the second best Iron Man armor wasn't wasted on this shit show of a movie.

See, with Thanos having an entire space armada and not just using a portal, I kind of hope that the Earth gets an army to fight back.

how can one person have this much shit taste

Yeah, it was already featured in IM1

I'm hoping it's that and a combination of his 'Starboost' armor. I liked the armor details on that one.

Are we talking about Mark 1

Because Mark 1 is fucking dope

Isn't the armor from Civil War literally the armor from the end of AoU? It looks like they just changed the colors a bit?
Which this image looks being pretty much the AoU end fight armor but I could be wrong. So since the end of AoU, Iron Man has been using a version of the Mark 45 armor, right?

Ultimate armor is trash.

Never gonna happen, mainstream audiences would think it's some kind of evil armor.

YOU'RE trash!

Best armor right here.

My nigger

Tony ran out of paint.

It makes me sad that out of all of those, the main one for Iron Man 3 was the worst looking one.

Does anyone else wish that they spent more time explaining how Tony makes his money?

He just seems to have infinite cash, somehow.

Definitive Iron Man armor

Just like Batman. He just has near infinite money, because plot is easier that way.

>tfw love IM suits/tech
>tfw absolutely hate Tony

Anyone else know this feel?

Yeah, but with Batman they often at least hint at what the company does to make its money and by extension makes Bruce a billionaire.

Tony ran a predominantly arms company, and then suddenly stopped making arms.

And then... Then?

My guess is that he rushed out with the suit before it was done.

it's the same one from civil war, no color change

Like greek soldiers breastplates but flexible. Just like in the comics, where it was made of flexible metal.

FUCK YES

this took me literally ten seconds to find and screencap.

Wonder if it will do anything new?

shitty beat down stick aside, War Machine was looking awesome in CW

>Tony ran a predominantly arms company, and then suddenly stopped making arms.
>And then... Then?
There was a few promo videos showing Stark Industries going for civilian tech. Like AR glasses based on what he used in his own Ironman helmet.

Also he was finding other people's tech at the start of Civil War. Oner assumes if those people don't turn into supervillains, that their tech would be bought by Stark when it is done.

I think the names Tiger and Jack got mixed.

Stark went into the energy business, IIRC.

That area is so limited it isn't even funny. Look at how much money Google Glass made Google. Hint: None.

Which literally cost hundreds of millions of dollars (if not billions of dollars), in perpetuity since the grant was being given out endlessly. Then on top of that, you have to consider buying the patents. And then you have to consider bringing their work to market, if it can even be done as a lot of people in academics just work in their field to expand their field - not because their work has "practical" applications. So you're looking at billions of dollars more being spent.

And then this assumes that any of this shit actually catches on and is being sold.

Tony in his little demo spent several billion dollars just to relive a memory.

The point I am trying to make is that Tony is flush with cash to the point where he can just spend billions and billions and billions of dollars ceaselessly. There is a difference between this and net worth.

Someone could have a net worth of 100 billion dollars, but if all of that is tied up in say a company they have the controlling interest of, then the literally only way they can make money is either via a salary they give themselves or by selling that stock. Which is not something a lot of guys who are in that position do because it places their controlling interest at risk.

So either Tony is paying himself billions and billions of dollars a year, or he's selling what shares he has in Stark Industries like a madman and will quickly lose control of his own company, and also go broke because that's a finite source of income.

Either way, it's nonsensical to an absurd degree. The man built a fucking hundred story skyscraper that seems to only have one purpose: be the Avenger's homebase. Do you know how much money it would cost to build something like that in New York City? Close to half a billion dollars, and that isn't including the cost of all that fancy tech shit.