For fuck's sake, why don't we just have General Threads for Samurai Jack and Rick & Morty?

For fuck's sake, why don't we just have General Threads for Samurai Jack and Rick & Morty?
There's over a dozen in the catalog
This shit's ridiculous

>encouraging generals
Kill yourself redditor.

>hurr durr he doesn't like what I like so I'll use le redditor meme XD
Fuck off cunt

>these popular show are being talked about on their medium appropriate board
>this is a bad thing for some reason

Why is it okay to do it for some shows but now others?

shitty mods

We should really have a separate board just for generals, like Sup Forums. It's time we admit we're that autistic.

But he has the point

It's better to let that shit burn out into ashes itself, rather than turn them into a complete cancer which will be trying to spread for a very long time. And believe me, that cancer would be far worse than this

Blame Adult Swim for being tards.

You are not that bright

No, calling everything you don't like "reddit" is not a point, it's fucking retarded.

why are generals even demonized? it doesn't make sense

>implying it isn't better to keep the cancer contained than to have it in multiple threads over the entire board

Have you never looked at a general thread, or were you not around for Homestuck General?

God you are fucking stupid.

Because they stick around long after discussion is over and become nothing but shitposting memes, shipping and weird fetish art.

Sure it may not sound too different from a regular thread, but an average thread usually at least has some actual discussion. Generals breed the worst types of posters imaginable, like the type who unironically have an account of badly drawn fetish art on Deviantart. Generals for finished or unairing shows were moved to /trash/ for a reason.

Yeah I did, and I am glad that shit wasn't fucking all over Sup Forums

wtf? how is that stupid

Not him, but why is it bad to have one containment thread to shit up rather than seven different threads shitting up the entire board?

>Yeah , I saw all the shitposting and stuff, I want everyone who enjoys Jack to be subjected to that and housed in a quarantine thread because I don't like it!

You can:
ignore 'em
filter 'em
gfys
it's your choice
I don't give a shit about those 2 shows

Because a lot of autistic children are upset that a show was delayed a week for a premier of another show, because a network that always loves april fools jokes decided to surprise everyone with an April fools switcheroo.

The threads you're seeing are for the autistic screeching.

Maybe you can ignore it
Maybe people don't want to get lumped into a general

Maybe you can just filter Samurai Jack

>retarded
it's actually what you're doing here - sayng, that my description if point is based only on his "reddit" word

calm down your shit

What's, up with your - punctuation?

it isn't

well, I'm not promoting full anarchy either. Some containing is needed for sure, but for now a "general" is not a solution (yet)

Why would I do that? I like Samurai Jack.

It just seems stupid to have seven different threads open when you can have one big thread instead.

Yeah! And while we're at it, it's bullshit that we have a dozen different threads about live-action MCU shit at any given time. There should be an MCU General!

And speaking of which, I'm sick of seeing a dozen different threads about marvel comics at any given time. There should be a Marvel Comics General! And a DC Comics General while we're at it!

Not that guy, but do elaborate.

I don't understand why you are saying that lumping them in a general is worse than letting them run rampant across the board, making up to eight threads at a time about the same shit.

It's different in my language so I still tend misplace it from time to time

because the quality of posts would be severely hampered dude

don't

You ever seen a general before? It's more skin to providing the perfect environment for the cancer to multiply and take over. The current threads will die out once people get tired of talking about Samurai Jack and Rick and Morty. A general might end the same way, or it might take on a life of its own and last forever. What number is Katawa Shoujo general up to now?

Oh please, post quality is the same if there is a general or if there isn't. Shitposting just gets dispersed along with all rest of it.

There's an obvious difference there: The MCU is composed of multiple superhero franchises. There's Iron man, Spider-man, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Avengers, etc. They need different threads to discuss different franchises. Same for Marvel and DC Comics.

Why would you need five threads just for Samurai Jack, when it's only one show?

I do think Sup Forums should all ways have an angry dome thread going it would make everything else nicer.

Because and also because generals create their own insular communities that have little to do with the board proper. When /frz/ was around it was populated not by Sup Forums but by people from places like /r9k/ and other websites. Generals always create more problems than they solve.

More Samurai Jack and Rick&Morty threads mean less DCEU threads.

Im fine.

>post quality is the same if there is a general or if there isn't
You don't know how anything works.

General threads are NEVER a solution. Creating a general creates repetition. It creates regular tripfags. It creates its own subset within a subset within a subset of culture that has nothing to do but regurgitate its own bullshit over and over and over and over and over again.

I want to talk about Samurai Jack. I will post in threads about Samurai Jack. I may make a thread if I feel like it. 10 or so weeks from now I probably won't want to talk about Samurai Jack very much at all. There will be new things worth talking about by then (like a Sym-Bionic Titan revival, I hope). And I like to think most people feel the same. They will move on if you allow them. And the board will be better for it.

Because they'll run rampand for some time (of course with some limiting) and either will start to contain themself or be ready to get contained.
If to do this righ now, their "but muh discussion" will boil and boil. All good posters and shit posters mixed in one thread is not good too.
Long story short - my point is that we need to wait for some time and only THEN try or not try to limit this shit either with generals or some other way

I'm not a comicsfag but man they must really be suffering right now

My heart goes out to you, my neckbearded friends.

>It creates its own subset within a subset within a subset of culture that has nothing to do but regurgitate its own bullshit over and over and over and over and over again.

So pic related threads and the daily scotsman threads are high quality compared to whatever shit goes on in a general?

I can accept you can find discussion of a show outside of a general, but you can just as easily have it inside one too.

I'm also willing to accept that generals tend to overstay their welcome once a show ends or goes on hiatus, but at that point the mods can axe them as would be appropriate.

>So pic related threads and the daily scotsman threads are high quality compared to whatever shit goes on in a general?

Yes, have you ever seen a general before?

Besides, if you create a general you'll end up with tons of people who want to discuss the show but can't stand the general, so they'll make their own threads anyway

>Besides, if you create a general you'll end up with tons of people who want to discuss the show but can't stand the general, so they'll make their own threads anyway

This is actually a good reason as to why generals are a bad idea.

>Shitposting
>On Sup Forums

Say it ain't fucking so. At least all the shitposting is in one thread instead of a dozen.

Because they keep the cancer in and if the cancer is contained then there's nothing to bitch about so anons want generals banned so they can shitpost and false flag easier

I came here just to say this. You don't get this kind of weaponized autism with the comics side of the board. All the more reason to split it, because fuck sharing a board with the kind of turbospergs that think forcing Jimmy Neutron memes is funny

It's the SU fags from trash, they think they own the site because they learned how to reset their phones

It's 10 fucking episodes , we don't need a general for it.

Because Generals breed cancer you mong. Im not saying the topics havent gotten out of hand, but putting them in a general just focuses the autism

I suppose I'll grant you that. I'd just prefer if people didn't clutter up the board with the same shit constantly.

I was just using Jack as an example because its topical.