Mother! (Arronofsky, 2017)

Was it kino?

pretentious trash

>darren aronofsky

doubt it

What did you find pretentious about it?
You don't think Arronofsky's made a good film?

the movie is a masterpiece and jlaw is an icon of our generation

Now post your unironic opinion, my dear user.

it's the kind of rebound movie you make to feel serious and important after the planet gangbangs you

I honestly feel like it has more to offer as a religious allegory for creation and the Garden of Eden than as a cry for Planet Earth (though I know that's how JLaw sees it). If you look at it in the sense that God creates because the act of perfect creation is a Sisyphean task, then the movie works on a really solid level IMO.

It's not horrible but for the movie is presented as very smart and unique while the message it tries to convey is nothing new.
>human bad
>nature good

I think a reductive narrative can be applied to anything (even Mulholland Drive has a synopsis on IMDB). Though the message may be hackneyed, I think it's hard to argue the movie isn't ambitious and creative in execution. I can see traces of inspiration from things like Haneke's Funny Games or perhaps literary sources such as The Yellow Wallpaper, but I can't deny Arronofsky certainly applies his own touch.

Not gonna lie

One of the best movies Ive seen this year

I already knew how it was gonna end because I had read so much spoilers before, i dont know if it would make the movie better, But i went in with very low expectations and was hooked from start to finish,
Theres a lot of stuff going on in this movie and I understand that people with IQ slightly below average dont like it, Complete brainlets will like it because of all the action happening and not think much about it. But the below average IQs will just see it and go ''psst why is that happening'' ''wow this is stupid it makes my slightly below average IQ think but i dont understand whats going on so its stupid''

So if you really want to enjoy this movie you need to understand whats going on.

As a man of high intelligence, what did you like about the movie?

As a movie it was intense and interesting to keep wanting to keep watching to find out whats happening. And it also had lot of deep symbolism, messages and refences

>has an opinion while watching game of thrones

It's like an allegory, or something.

9/10

That's very vague, user.
Do you approve of the books?

I took the movie is a portrayal of a nightmare. One of them nightmares where you lose all control, like no brakes on a car , a phone that can never work etc.

It also reminded me of houseguest that have no fucking respect. I think it'd be a good movie to give as a gift to people like that as a big hint.

As far as being about Genesis, I couldn't care less as I am not into the Bible.

As a horror movie I found it to be one of the best modern horror movies . it kept me on the edge of my seat unlike most of the trash made nowadays.

It's the most damning allegory about the refugee crisis yet but people are too dumb to see that.

Wow that is a really nice picture.

That sickening neck crack was

that would be the angry birds movie, brainlet

>Its that one autist who saw Mother the other night and needs to keep trying to start a discussion while failing at it thread

>when your guests start protesting waging war inside and your house and eat your baby

Pretty rude desu

Nope, just saw it today.

before watching the movie i refrained from spoiling it in any way.
i didn't watch the trailers and haven't read the reviews.
so, for me the movie was excellent, because i watched the story unfold before my eyes and before i knew it i saw a brilliant metaphor and was invested in understanding what the it tried to convey.
few hours after i finished watching it dawned on me.
now i'm not a religious person, nor am i a genius, and certainly do not entirely agree with the message of this movie, be it religious or otherwise.
one thing is true, i love good movies, and i appreciate a good story, and this kino is just that, it good.

also, i understand that a lot of peeps didn't like it because of ''muh sojiny'', and because they think it's a ''rosemary's baby'' rip off,
and that my fellow anons is what stupid looks like.

pic related, it's the message of this movie in a nutshell.

That's not the message of this movie ("humanity's crudeness offends God", but you're right that there are clear Biblical references.

arronofsky is always pretty far up his own ass, but usually his insanity produces something intensely unique and enjoyable.

Feels like this was dragged way down by jennifer lawrence being incapable of acting.

This was Lawrence's best performance since Winter's Bone.

The message is that humans are evil, god's unknowable, and mother earth will continue to give until we kill her.