Saga by Brian K. Vaughan

What does Sup Forums think of this comic? I've never seen a thread dedicated to it. Started reading it 2 weeks ago and got totally caught up. I'm really liking it a lot.

Sup Forums liked it when it released but a lot of time has passed since then and now you'll get a lot of noise about hating it for being SJW garbage

I read it initially and thought it was alright but BKV longform tends to wear on me and I gave it up at some point. It's also a kind of SF/F where it can just ramp up and give you something new/weird/mysterious in the mix every time rather than working on delivering what is set out, which can YMMV. Not really interested in getting back into it but might when it finishes. Really only picked it up at the intro for Fiona Staples, who I'd seen on North 40 and Northlanders and thought was great.

I read some of it ages ago. I think there was a spooky babysitter or something and a grandparents cliffhanger? May have just been the first volume.

I guess it wasn't bad, but it didn't really do anything special enough to keep me reading. Just not for me I guess.

I think they stole the aristocratic machine men from riceboy

also fun at first but got bored with it and haven't read in a while

I don't like it not because of the dumb retarded sjw nonsense, but because BKV is hack.

> It's a BKV doesn't know what to do so he resorts to cheaply killing off a main or co-main character for pure shock value episode

Art is really nice though, and some characters are good, but I refuse to invest myself into anything this guy writes knowing that he'll resort to his old cheap tricks. I swear he's done this two dozen times between YTLM and Saga alone. I still keep up with it, but I give no fucks about what happens to anyone.

>I think they stole the aristocratic machine men from riceboy
Big accusation, user.

It's great and there's really nothing quite like it

but don't try to discuss it here because Sup Forumstards think having brown or gay people in a fantasy book is a political attack by the "SJW"s

>but don't try to discuss it here because Sup Forumstards think having brown or gay people in a fantasy book is a political attack by the "SJW"s

look at the previous replies fuckwad, the only one bringing shit like that up is you.

Oh wait, right, this is bait.

You are acting like this is the first time Saga had a thread on Sup Forums

You must be new here. Because if you had been here before, you would know already how Saga threads usually go. And this is why it's never discussed here: to avoid the inevitable shitstorm

were you looking for a "safe space"?

I was told that it later becomes fan fiction of itself

it was before that Max landis interview

I read one chapter that was storytimed here that has a scene in a restroom with the kid encountering a transexual analog. While I wasn't bothered by that, the comic didn't seem particularly interesting to me.

>technolgee vs maaaaagic
>Only chemistry between main couple is to keep repeating that they love each other
>Narrated by the child so who gives a shit about tension
>said to be not a capeshit story, has capshit
>cute cat characters
>teen ghosts
>steampunk british robots

Some people like the art, I found it pretty boring, didn't do much with panelling or colour despite trying to be colourful. Its meh. Its by a guy who does fucking long series though if you're into that.

I liked it but haven't read in a while, think I last stopped when that black cyclops author got killed by robot prince or something like that.

That was years ago, pretty much the climax to the first arc.

The war itself seems like a more interesting story than the individuals the story actually follows:

>get chased
>barely escape
>"oh shit, we were followed/encountered this random exotic hazard!"
>repeat

This goes on until at least the end of Book 3 (so I guess Issue 15 or so), which is where I stopped (some guy at work loaned me his collection and insisted it was amazing).

At the time it came out, it was hoisted up because of its "strong female lead", but she was just a dumb bitch. Her mother-in-law was the real deal, but nobody talked about her.

It went to shit after the prison arc. Only characters worth anything now are Robot and Sophie, and if Robot gets a happy ending, I'll eat my hat.

People like to bait Sup Forums with out of context panels because apparently characters are bad if we don't agree 100% with them.

He's an object head, there's only so many ways you can design one. And they don't even look alike.

>I was told that it later becomes fan fiction of itself

That's exactly what it feels like.

BKV is a retard

The only good thing in it to me was bestspider, and I stopped caring when they killed her off.

About how many arcs are there now?

>Get to prison arc
>See bitch with a dick
>Expecting it to be a futa
>NOPE, tranny.
Along with those gayboys, that shit is "Hey look, I'm progressive!" In my eyes, it feels like they're trying to hard with this stuff.

It's alright. The narration is good, albeit pretty hammy at times.
Too much LBGT pandering but it's mostly tasteful, excessive dragon and robot dicks excluded.
My main gripe (Besides not featuring Billy more) is that it's for the most part in the same place as it was when it began.

Things have happened happened but it's still just two deserters on the run from their warring governments and trying to keep their kid a secret.

Staples art is gorgeous though, and the main reason I'm still reading.

> not liking robot dicks

Gaaaaay.

There doesn't seem to be any over arching plot. Just a whole string of little things, with no narrative end game. The family will just blast off to a new place, or the bounty hunters will get another contract or the Prince will get shat on AGAIN. No one is really going anywhere.

>I've never seen a thread dedicated to it.
You must REALLY be new here....

The creator of riceboy came out against this.

He knows it was just coincidence, no bad blood.

Personally I think its a boon to riceboy, at least people hear about it more, its a phenomenal web comic.

> It's a BKV doesn't know what to do so he resorts to cheaply killing off a main or co-main character for pure shock value episode

I do enjoy this comic but it is very guilty of this.Last "season" had a character death that was just there for pure shock and had no impact on the plot.

3rd one just kind or warped up I believe.

Love it. I finally got caught up a couple of weeks ago. Obviously this board will hate it since people are still scared of gays here, but yeah, great dialogue, characters, and perfect art.

>great dialogue
nope
>characters
double nope
>perfect art
Fiona Staples is good but eh, you're out.

When it was first published Sup Forums would storytime every issue as it was released. I followed along with that until I got bored alongside most of Sup Forums.

It had an interesting start, but the plot was meandering, every issue ended in the cheap cliff hanger and it felt like a lazy soap opera.
The world building was deceptively less interesting than the opening issues would have you believe.
The art was nice, but not nice enough to carry the whole comic.

I lot of people in this thread are complaining about SJW stuff (or complaining about people complaining about SJW stuff) but I don't remember anybody giving a shit about any of that back in 2012.
It was a complete non-issue then, yet Sup Forums still lost interest around when the cyclops guy died; the storytimes became less regular and the general discussion slowed down.

I'm enjoying it, but I enjoyed Ex Machina and Y: The Last Man.

i love saga

I was fine with it until they tried saying throwing some shopping at your wife is worse than being an off your tits drug addict when you're supposed to be watching your infant daughter

>That was years ago

And nothing has happened since

futas are real though, trannies are