WHY THE FUCK HASN'T ANYONE TALKED ABOUT THIS?

WHY THE FUCK HASN'T ANYONE TALKED ABOUT THIS?
indiegogo.com/projects/moomin-animation--3?goal=0_f9623216b0-7d91e08af6-144036681&mc_cid=7d91e08af6&mc_eid=4f378d6f11#/

Holy shit, this looks gorgeous.

Other urls found in this thread:

yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2017/03/31/yle-mukaan-uuteen-kansainvaliseen-muumi-sarjaan
kisscartoon.io/Cartoon/Moomin/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moomins_and_the_Great_Flood
youtu.be/9Xj1s5d_CWU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bumping.

I hate to shill but this is fucking moomin, I need to shill this.

fuckin shit on a dick i'd give the hobgoblin's red ruby for a weekly moomin thread

Thank you, moomin needs more attention and this series looks to hold wide potential. I hate to shill but this is something I really have faith in, please guys let's try to get support for this.

The creator is dead, I am not supporting this.

The creator of most food is dead, guess you shouldn't buy that either.

I am not paying for recepies, but for raw material, that was created by the planet and farmers.

So do you not read most books since their writers are dead?

Okay I know you're baiting but this is genuinely retarded, you deserve the (You).

Well, you got me. Guess I have no choice but to reveal my secret motivation behind the post.

The comics and books is all this world needs. Better it be laid to rest.

Yes, very nice, but where is the animation? All I'm seeing is a piece of concept art, and until there's some actual animation to see it's not worth bothering with.

just say that dummy, you look like a obvious shitposter. I respect that view, disagree but respect it.
I understand your skepticism but this doesn't look like your typical indie game kickstarter scam. Most of those people appear to have actual backgrounds in animations.

To be fair - it's crowdfunded.
Not to beat a dead horse but Mighty No. 9 kind of ruined crowdfunding.

Mind you I love me some Moomin, but there is a really slim chance of this ever being made if it even does get funded.

Also, Moomin doesn't really have the nostalgia bait quality that something like Yooka Laylee or Mighty No 9 does.

I love the moomins, but I'm not confident the modern world is capable of replicating what was previously achieved.

I'm also extremely skeptical/critical of crowdfunding- especially (ironically) ones asking for not nearly enough money to fund a large, bold, project like a moomin animated series.

Thirdly; the swedes have developed into "cucks" and I can guarantee you they'll inject their horrible, awful, ignorant, politics into this project....If they don't just piss the money away that is, as people who are often the most political always seem to be the least responsible with funds.

Moomins on the riviera was a good movie. I loved how random it was just like in the books.

I'm iffy on crowdfunding, but anything related to Moomin has my support. In the meantime can we talk about how wonderful this movie is?

Should've put this on Kickstarter. No one uses IGG.

>>Thirdly; the swedes have developed into "cucks" and I can guarantee you they'll inject their horrible, awful, ignorant, politics into this project....

Multiple references to "tolerance" in the pitch video lol.

>Thirdly; the swedes have developed into "cucks" and I can guarantee you they'll inject their horrible, awful, ignorant, politics into this project....If they don't just piss the money away that is, as people who are often the most political always seem to be the least responsible with funds.

Its a good thing majority of the workers are finns then.

The production- and animation team is mostly finnish. And "modern world sensible"-in the worst case scenario in finnish terms meaning cleaning up the whiskey bottle from Papa Moomin's room and thats pretty much it.

Unless the IP holders want them to push some stupid swedish agenda, shouldn't be that big of a problem. Social Justice Moomins would financially fail and would be the source of laugher and ridicule in both Finland and Japan, which are one of the primary demographics for the project anyway.

Oh shit son.

Tove has been dead for 16 years mate.

Also I should do a story time of my Comic Collection some time in the future.

>not making old food and buying only new food

Guess we need to stop all Batman productions too. After all, franchises just can't create any good content after the original creator dies.

>Getting upset about children's media valuing tolerance

Relax sperg. It was a few innocuous references to a concept that has always aptly described Moomins. Is there anything that doesn't upset thin skinned Sup Forums faggots?

Finns are more metal than Swedes. Finns are probably the most metal of all Norsemen.

Mostly I'm confused how someone can hold Sup Forums values and still like the Moomins, which are everything in opposite of that.

bump 4 Moomins

JUMALAUTA

Nifty.

Maybe I'll finally figure out what a Moomin is and why Sup Forums loves it so much.

> food analogy

What the hell? WHy are they having an indiegogo going? I though they were already funded, what with them visiting the Finnish television talking about their project and what not.

Because the vast majority of sincere Sup Forumsacks will say "I'm not racist, niggers are just objectively stupid and murderous, so it's not racism, it's just logic."

The mind is capable of incredible feats of gymnastic, as any and all extremists of any stripe demonstrate every day.

Looks cool af OP. Bumping for interest.

>50% funded
>5 days remaining
It's not happening, just accept it

I kind of agree.

Some of what was said in the video was a bit off-putting, and it didn't acknowledge the earlier animated material even though they seemed quite willing to take money from fans of those.

It's also worth noting that Sophia Jansson is the one who stopped any more animated adaptations from being made immediately after Tove's death.

>Not to beat a dead horse but Mighty No. 9 kind of ruined crowdfunding.

What was wrong with that game anyway? People got pissed that the alpha build did not look pixel perfect to the photoshop mockup someone did?

>the vast majority of sincere Sup Forumsacks will say "I'm not racist, niggers are just objectively stupid and murderous, so it's not racism, it's just logic."

Good to know that I'm better then; I think the same thing about blacks (the majority of them, anyway), but I'm not above thinking that it is racism. In as much as stereotypes count as being racist.

Indiegogo allows them to keep that money, even if they didn't reach their goal.

It wasn't fun.

It was an unpolished, ugly, poorly designed mess of bad voice acting, truly shitty graphics (that official mockup didn't even look like a game from the same generation as the final product) but that's not the problem.

The problem is that it wasn't fun to play, and 9 million dollars had been spent on a game nobody actually liked.

So people paid 9 million for something they didn't even knew how would play or whether they would like it or not; and they ended up not liking it?

Sounds to me like it was a giant success for the guy who made the game.

Not really, because the guy was also trying to make something people liked. He just failed at it.

MN9 is one of those things that brought no joy to practically anyone. Except trolls.

Absolutely destroyed his reputation, given that much of internal mismanagement (funds and staff were constantly being allocated to other projects) was apparently largely his fault. Moreover, he had burned quite a few industry bridges during the project's campaign.

But the fault does also lie with the backers. We got swept up in the hype and the "NO, FUCK YOUUUUU CAPCOM" attitude that followed their rather spiteful cancellation of Legends 3, a project that was in full production with heavy fan support, a functional engine, and reportedly enough finished game to release a standalone demo should they have chosen to. But no, Capcom pissed on its fans by axing the game with no good reason (and a company PR suit from Capcom UK made the very unwise choice of blaming lack of fan support). As a result, people flocked to the then-new crowdfunding platform as a sort of revenge and the dev team set up an overly ambitious, vague project they'd never be able to deliver (10 simultaneous launch platforms! you can't fucking do that!).

So yes. We all fucked up.

When the migrant crisis happened in 2015, the Finnish national public broadcasting company published articles discussing how Moomins were actually refugees too and that's why we should be nice to real-life refugees. The Moomins weren't born in Moomin valley, they migrated there after a great flood took place and stranded them there.
Migrants, refugees and borders are a relevant topic these days, and I wouldn't be surprised if they'll choose to make such comparisons with this new Moomin series.

Anyway, I find it odd that they're trying to crowdfund this series. They announced it long ago and it seemed like they were gonna fund and produce it like any normal TV series, so it's weird they took this tactic with it. I'm guessing they're having some kind of trouble with this project and they're getting desperate?

I dunno.
Seeing at least some animated footage before making the judgement would be nice.

I hope they fail for the sake of Mumin's legacy.

>Young britbong writers

Fuck no.
There's been enough titles raped by modern american and english fucks, let this one rest in peace.

This is probably the fairest, least vitriolic or meme'd recap of the whole tragic mess I'll ever find. Thanks, user.

I was a backer and I feel like I should've seen the writing on the wall when that Red Ash campaign started up and flopped painfully right in the middle of MN9's. Christ, it was all like some kind of vidya version of post-9/11 America.

siisti suus

Kiitos!

Moomins was a weird as fuck cartoon. Same as barbar

>3 hours ago
>Campaign extended, we need your help.
They don't need any help. Our national broadcasting company announced several days ago that they are funding first two seasons.

really?
any source on that?

Way to ruin Moomins for me.

What's the point of the whole Indiegogo campaign anyway? They've already been working on the project for at least over a year, and earlier they gave the impression that they were planning on something more professional than a crowdfunding project. Also, aren't they asking for too little money to get anything done, especially if the idea is to do some kind of ambitious 2D/3D hybrid experiment thing like they've said?

He's probably talking about this:
yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2017/03/31/yle-mukaan-uuteen-kansainvaliseen-muumi-sarjaan
The article says that they're "taking part in producing" the show. I'm not sure how much of the costs they'll be covering exactly.

>"You'll receive an exclusive MOOMIN mug designed specifically for this campaign by Muurla. This mug can't be bought anywhere else! Muurla has worked with Moomins since 2009 so they know what the Moomin fans love and are the perfect partner to create the most amazing Moomin mug you've ever seen!"
Oh god I need it

God is alive and well, thank you very much.

Should I start reading Moomin if I never grew up with it? If so what should I read/watch?

Definitely watch the 90's anime. It's the best of the three (and the only one with an English dub).

It looks comfy, is there a mega anywhere or should I just stream it?

But the Moomins are super racist against hemulens and fillyjonks?!

kisscartoon.io/Cartoon/Moomin/
Beware, episode 2 fucked up plenty of kids lives and 6 gave nightmares for years.

Read the comics by Tove Jansson. Decide afterward if you want to read her bro's comics.

Thank you both!

>Thirdly; the swedes have developed into "cucks" and I can guarantee you they'll inject their horrible, awful, ignorant, politics into this project....If they don't just piss the money away that is, as people who are often the most political always seem to be the least responsible with funds.

I feel compelled to point out The Moomins is Finnish, not Swedish. But I get what you're saying.

You have to kind of reference that in the current political culture, especially in Europe, which if you can believe may be worse than the US. But I hope they're only paying lip service. It doesn't feel totally out of place for a world like the Moomins that is so peaceful.

Agreed. It was nice and surprisingly pleasant visuals. (Unlike the CG Moomins stuff. Ugh.)

>where is the animation?

Fair point, but like this user said they are hiring a lot of people with backgrounds in animation? And the daughter of Tove herself in on the project. I think that's more than a casual crowd-funder.

>2015, the Finnish national public broadcasting company published articles discussing how Moomins were actually refugees too

I'd only accept that if it was in Tove's original notes. I'm not even sure I'd accept the daughter's opinion. You can't just hijack a franchise history to capitalize on the latest wave of pop-culture flotsam. Also, you need to leave some things a mystery. There's beauty in a mystery and it's such an ugly thing in current culture to constantly take away that beauty.

>It's also worth noting that Sophia Jansson is the one who stopped any more animated adaptations from being made immediately after Tove's death.

Interesting. I can think of a couple reasons why she'd want to wait. Did she give any over the years for why?

Try the original book
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moomins_and_the_Great_Flood

Bump

There is a camp of fans of the original Moomin who did not appreciate the Japanese-Dutch animated series and movies, which they felt commercialized and kiddified the source material, even though Tove was directly involved. I think Sophia belongs to that camp. It's purist-elitist, which I can understand. But at the same time, those cartoons are a big part of why Moomin is the valuable property that it is, especially abroad. So for them not to acknowledge it directly while throwing shade at it by saying "this will be the most faithful adaptation!" sort of rubs me the wrong way. I mean, they have a link there for Japanese donors. They know exactly which side their bread is buttered.

this. tove jansson was a dyke who drew anti-hitler cartoons. if she was alive and doing similar stuff she did while she was alive, these people would probably hate her and her work.

like for fucks sake tooticky is based on her lesbian lover and those creatures that stole that jewel from groke are based on herself and her other lesbian lover. then there was that comic about the dog who only liked cats, all the "cuck shit" has been there already.

"Better"? More like one in the same. You know you're a bigot, you've just rationalized it as "I'm a bigot but that's okay" instead of "I'm not a bigot, they're the real bigots". You still hold the same beliefs otherwise.

Well there are a lot of migrants, but it's not really a refugee crisisl it's a European crisis. Less than 5% of the people flooding into Europe can be accurately labeled refugees.
The Moomins moved from one part of Finland to another and they live independent lives. The Moomin house was just swept into another community. They aren't people who came in to leech off the government, force people to accommodate them, and stir up crime.
Their situation is not at all comparable to modern events.

Bumping with Youtube video.

youtu.be/9Xj1s5d_CWU

Maybe you're demonizing people based on what's on the surface instead of actually engaging with them or understanding them.

Not donating unless they show some test animation and it looks great. If it's Flash tween shit then no thanks.
Also, a bit put-off by the over-use of the word "tolerance," I don't agree with the modern meaning of the word, Moomin was never about that. I doubt she meant it in the early 1900s meaning of the word.

>Because the vast majority of sincere Sup Forumsacks will say
Where are your sources, where are you getting any of this from? You pulled this out of your ass.

>a project that was in full production with heavy fan support, a functional engine, and reportedly enough finished game to release a standalone demo should they have chosen to

It wasnt even supposed to be in productiion, its what got him in trouble at Capcom that he was doing this off on his own
The fan support was exaggerated. The polls and the game's own site showed that there were only about 300,000. The fan support meant nothing if it wouldnt get sales and at the time 3DS was seen as a failing platform.
There was barely enough for a demo and he planned on charging people for the demo

What happened to that stop motion movie Bjork did songs for?

>moomin
kys PCucks gtav port is shit

Moomin? Where is the Moonman animated siers?

I'm a poor ass college student living on a budget but i gave them 100 bucks anyway. I need more Moomin in my life.

>I find it odd that they're trying to crowdfund this series. They announced it long ago and it seemed like they were gonna fund and produce it like any normal TV series

>I though they were already funded, what with them visiting the Finnish television talking about their project

>They don't need any help. Our national broadcasting company announced several days ago that they are funding first two seasons.

>What's the point of the whole Indiegogo campaign anyway?
>
>yle.fi/aihe/artikkeli/2017/03/31/yle-mukaan-uuteen-kansainvaliseen-muumi-sarjaan

After reading the fine print and checking out that link source, it seems the reason for the crowdfunding campaign is developing a new hybridized 2D/3D system to enhance the visuals of the new upcoming TV series.

So basically we're funding to have it look better than flash cartoons or something churned out by a sweatshop 3D CG studio.

I can get behind this I think.

But they already got infinite money in shape of YLE.
That damn organization is funded by tax payer Euros, so there is no reason they wouldn't be able to get the show looking decent.

Requesting nazi-moomins pics!

is it worth watching without nostalgia goggles? what's it comparable to?

Comfy slice of life in semi-magical world that for the most part follows our basic laws of physics, unless the Witch, the hobgoblin or some other random magical item, entity ot personality is involved.

Can get somewhat depressing at moments and pretty scary too.

It's a cute and comfy show about this family of hippo looking trolls who live in a valley with some friends. They go on childlike adventures occasionally meeting magical beings and items. It's cute and all just don't expect any action. Perfect to watch on rainy days or when you feel down