Did he really deserve all the shit they gave him?

Did he really deserve all the shit they gave him?

He was a babykiller who fought for israel

What baby did he kill?

protestin' him, spittin', callin' him a baby killer and all kinds of vile crap... Who are you to protest him? Huh? Who are you?Unless you been him and been there

He's a vietnam vet, not a desert storm vet.

Stallone can't ac-

Israel was too busy dealing with its own shit in the Vietnam era to care about what was going on in southeast asia.

Not really. The Vietnam war could have been a good war but, the 60's was really a decade of, "social change", "free love", a "war" that was being fought with the American's hands behind their back", all the while a certain group enjoyed a silent revolution and completely took over the core American culture pretty much unopposed.

I mean, I guess in some loose way, maybe. But not quite. But the Six Day War in Israel whilst the "social revolutions" took hold in America.. it was a great decade for the Jews ...

of course ....

Only a retard would say that.

His performances in F.I.S.T. and Copland are amazing.

The sheriff was dick but so was John, he brought it on him self.
Some friendly bants about his situation and reason for being in town would have garnered him a lot of sympathy and respect from the law.
Instead he acted like nigger and got treated like a nigger.

Why are you pushing me?

It was a distraction war.

I guess cause I have never understood what they were doing there.

Fighting communism?

Preventing the soyboy epidemic?

>he should have conformed to the ideal that the sheriff had wished up

kys cuck

Little trivia. The CIA created the MK Ultra program to explore using mind altering devices, the main component of the program was LSD, which was used on volunteer around american campuses. One of the professors tripped a few times and got convinced that acid was the way to a higher plane of thinking. He took all the acid he could, he quite the program and the university and took a bunch of students with him. Those were the very first hippies.

The CIA trying to create bio weapons to use on Vietnam accidentally created the Hippie movement which was the main civilian pressure to leave Vietnam.

They drew fucking first blood. That's the point of the movie. He didn't do anything wrong.

He couldn't. That was the whole point. He had issues from the start that prevented him from reacting in a generally acceptable way because of his PSTD. The Sheriff should have been able to tell he wasn't all there and not pushed him. If anything the Sheriff should have made the other back down and give him space to just make it through on his own.

>defending a babykiller
libshits are monsters

You're autistic.
The cop was a bit of a dick but he was just trying to keep vagrants out of his town.
John was a total nigger about it right from the start

>he wus jus doing his job though

Nice retard logic. Rambo fought for freedom, something that was denied him because he looked and acted different.

It was never about vagrancy, it was about old fashioned "you look and act different so i want you gone".

No way. Based Rambo just wanted a sandwich. Ironically, the cops fucking with him, locking him up and beating him kept him around in town longer than if they had just left him pass through.

Some gooks

Walking isn't a crime

Do american cops really bug people for walking or standing around?

Fought for your freedoms by going to another peoples country and killing the inhabitants, including a good deal of civvies?
Burger logic

>pro-choice libshits having the audacity to call anyone a babykiller

Even in the 60's the hypocrisy ran high.

>I guess cause I have never understood what they were doing there.
If you mean Israel, they just got done fighting the Yom Kippur War when 8 countries tried attacking them at the same time. They were in no position to give a shit about anyone other than themselves at the time.

If you mean the US, domino theory. Have to keep in mind that becaue China fell to communism, it and Russia together meant about a third of the humanity was communist, so they assumed everyone else was next.

Freedom from communism which would have spread considerably if it weren't for America

I'm not American but I do live in a small rural town and yeah the local cops know everyone and if they see a rough looking guy walking into town they will most definitely check him out

>The CIA trying to create bio weapons to use on Vietnam accidentally created the Hippie movement which was the main civilian pressure to leave Vietnam.

Completely wrong. MK ultra wasn't for biological weapons to use of Vienam retard, it was for physiological warfare and their "super soldier" program to combat that of the Soviets.

To be fair it would have never spread to America. It was for "freedom" insofar as "freedom" of the U.S. to attempt to maintain its world dominance, sure

The sheriff was a Korea veteran, right?

>In the book
No

>In the movie
Fuck no

Yes, and he earned a medal one tier lower than the Medal of Honor that Rambo received, and it pissed him the hell off (in the book).

>who are you?
I.
AM.
THE.
LAW.

Is the book worth reading?
Like does it expand on the story much?

>To be fair it would have never spread to America.
Every american at the time believed if we didn't fight it, that the reds would be in Nebraska by next week.

>To be fair it would have never spread to America.

What a retarded, unfounded and uneducated opinion you have there.

Rambo should have said he was a sovereign citizen.

No it's like reading a jack ryan book

Honestly this movie did a lot to harm public perception of PTSD as Rambo's freakout made people believe they were inherently violent and that they could snap one day. The reality is the only people most PTSD sufferers kill is themselves.

t. effects of propaganda

I meant chemical. And yes, the MK Ultra was used during vietnam and it had absolutely nothing to do with super soldier experiments.
It was about mind control.
You are wrong.

Rambo was acting like a real creep to be fair. Cops obviously took it too far but they can't read his mind and know the shit he's been through.

All he had to do was say "Sorry officer, I just learnt my last friend I had left from Vietnam died from cancer, I'm heading on through but wouldn't mind grabbing a hot meal". Cop probably would have bought him dinner.

Yes, and you can't discount that when the propoganda works on said population. If the people believe it to be true, then it doesn't really matter if it is true.

>make a deep movie about how vets are treated
>how it's all bullshit and how they went to hell for nothing
>lol let's make it a war glorifying series lol

A fucking tripfag.
>filtered

its like you retards dont even know what the Golden Triangle was. Why were we in 'Nam? Same reason we went to Afghanistan. They're the two best places in the world for growing poppy, aka opium. The heroin capitols of the world. Weird how about a decade after both wars, the streets of America were gripped in an opium epidemic

>to care about what was going on in southeast asia

they're never too busy to care, thats what they want you think. Nam was a dirty CIA war. CIA is just the tip of the spear for duh Jooz

Free travel is part of the fucking Constitution
Rambo didn't NEED to explain himself

He does exactly that in the original ending.

That'll keep from sleeping tonight, dumb cunt.

that nigga should've got some cocks up his ass in the shower scene.

The Sheriff was a Korean War vet who was disgusted with how pussified and lame the vets where coming home from Nam. As if it was any worse than Korea, or WW2 or the Great War.

Yeah the gook rice farmers were just months away from from invading the USA and installing a communist government.
Good thing you preemptively fucked them up

it had already spread to America. By Vietnam it was too late. The Frankfurters had already sunken their teeth and claws into the corpse

Stallone started taking steroids during rocky 3 filming. He looked great in rocky 1 and 2 but you can really see how the roids help in rocky 3+ and the Rambo's.

He's still taking them to this day, while actors like arnie have stopped long ago.

Guerilla jungle wars are very different in how they're fought from wars against another nation's armed forces, which the rest of those were. Not to mention that the Korean War is often called the forgotten war because of how we basically left its veterans to fend for themselves, it just wasn't televised like vietnam was.

How would he know what Vietnam was like if he had never fought in Vietnam? Or the western front in WW2 or WW1? Can't really make any apt comparison to these other wars because he had never even fought in them. That and soldiers with symptoms of PTSD came back from all three of those wars

Exactly my point.
The cop would have been very respectful.
John brought it on himself and the cop didn't help.
The whole movie is just one big escalation from nothing.

The Korean War was like 'Nam, no? Except instead of fighting the Russians and Gooks they were just fighting the chinks flooding in over the mountains of NK

Makes sense.

Also the CIA it's a spook, for the most part.

>The Korean War was like 'Nam, no?

No, it wasn't. Korean war was fought like WW2, except now we had helicopters. We were also fighting a modern army that had equipment on par with our own.

Him and all his otherwar friends were welcomed back as heroes. The Vietnam vets came home to being hated. Very big difference.

My point is just that the Sheriff character is upset with the differences between how he handled coming home and how Rambo, and other Vietnam vets handled their homecoming. He didn't wander the country a vagrant crying because nobody cared about him. He became a Sheriff. Perception. Men came back from all those wars with PTSD and they all handled it differently, some more stoic than others. The Sheriff obviously saw himself as superior to Rambo, or something like that, due to his machismo suppression (internalization) of his wartime experiences.

Korea was more of a traditional war. Nam was more guerrilla warfare, more traps, having a worse impact on the mentality of the soldiers. Plus there was no draft for Korea

It really is the Forgotten War, I dont remember learning anything about Korea during high school, was glossed over, like one class maybe. They go right from Holocaust to 'Nam.

Israel was barely a country at the time and were busy expanding within their own region. Additionally, Nam was another foothold in Asia for the US. The name of the game was getting as much territory near China and Russia as possible.

This. They kept pushing him.

When I'm talking about Israel, I'm not talking about the country. I'm talking about their interests here, that have been here for quite some time. Longer than there was a modern Israel.

Yeah, there also wasn't much cultural impact. We got the term zipperhead and that's about it.

You did some pushing of your own John

are there any good documentaries on the Korean War? Or even movies? Not MASH though. I've seen that.

All they had to do was let it go. Let. It. Go.

Fair enough

It's a good book. But the story is noticeably different. It gives much more information on Teasle's past, which explains his motivations. Also Rambo is much harder to be sympathetic for him as he is much more visceral in his killings.

Korea was one giant exercise in plausible deniability from both sides because no one wanted to use the nukes
>no, this isn't a war, it's a....police action. Totally the UN doing it, not us.
>what? No no no, this isn't World War 3. Just because every major nation is getting involed in this, that doesn't mean it's turning into the inevitable east/west showdown. Don't be silly
>What, those 1.4 million Chinese soldiers that just crossed the Yalu River into Korea? We didn't send them, they're volunteers. Yeah that's right.

the television program MASH

Fuck MASH. Here is some sitcom about a brutal war and its a bunch of fags and nancys running around laughing have a grand old time getting up to hi-jinks and playing grab ass with each other. Same with Hogans Heroes. Wheres the Vietnam sitcom? Desert Storm? Grenada? The Somme comedy sketch variety half hour?

you cheeky bugger

>Cop probably would have bought him dinner.

did he get a role on friends or something?

He doesn't kill anyone in the movie. Only the tracker dogs and the guy who fell from the heli.
Even if that death could be pinned on him it would be self defense. The cop was firing at him, trying to kill him with a rifle. John had a fucking rock and a tree to hide behind

Yes MK Ultra was mind control, to produce PHYSIC SOLDIERS and sleeper agents. Not for Vietnam.

I didn't push nobody

He killed the boar. Dat boar wuz a gud boi, dindu nuffins.

He VIOLENTLY kills people in the book.

He rides a police cruiser full of dynamite into the police station, fucking madman

Oh you weren't necessarily agreeing with the sheriff's viewpoint, you were just describing it. The sheriff is just a cunt ass with a chip on his shoulder.

It was a medical unit, and gallows humor has always been a war for wartime doctors to cope with the horrors of war.

See, you are sympathetic for him because you only seen the movie. If you read the book, you won't be.

human pride and machismo knows no bounds. it's painfully grating to witness and shit like this but no on this level happens every day

>walking is a crime in america

can't make this shit up, what the fuck is wrong with you amerimutts

I dare someone to name a better movie Colonel

>you're asking for trouble wearing that jacket with that flag on it
What did he mean by this?

Not that poster but the movie took an ok book and made it into something much better. Not really a good comparison. Like Forest Gump. The book was OK but nowhere near as well done as the book.

It's classist. The elite have cars. The proletariat can not always afford other modes of transport than foot.

ok thats cool and all but how does that correlate to broadcasting that shit for the entire country to laugh at. If you fought in Korea and your buddies all had their guts shot out how would that show make you feel? I mean those guys all got gut cancer from ignoring their feelings and emotions anyway so they probably didn't give a shit but that doesn't matter. I understand gallows humor, I think a dark sense of humor is like a cancer ridden child, they never get old. I knew guys in high school with black as fuck senses of humor and their EMTs and paramedics now.

Yeah basically, if he wasnt such a fucking prick he could have avoided the entire situation. All you have to do is give him some space and keep an eye on him as he passes thru, buy him a hot meal, give him a ride to the next town, or the highway, or whatever. Rambo didn't help his case much, he knew what he was doing and he knew what Teasle was doing, he could have just gone along with what Teasle was suggesting as well.

*nowhere near as well done as the MOVIE.

He didn't get arrested for walking though.
The cop dropped him north but he turned and walked back south. When the cop went to see what was up he ignored him and kept walking.
When the cop intervened he resisted and was found with a large knife

And both Rambo and Teasle are at fault, both of them chock full of pride and machismo, neither one was going to give in or follow the others lead. Teasle wasn't gonna let that shit fly in his town and Rambo wasn't gonna let this old fat guy ride his ass and break his balls.

Walking isn't a crime, vagrancy is. It's not unique to America though, we just inherited it from England. The masters of class warfare.