What does Sup Forums think of My Hero Academia?

What does Sup Forums think of My Hero Academia?

It is obviously an homage to western-style superheroes.

Starts off a bit slow but really picks up around where the first season of the anime left off.
The Stain arc is one of my favorite arcs in modern shounen.

My only complaint is that all the villains are derived from the edgy 90's era of American comics and all behave like Carnage, except for Kurogiri and Darth Vader. Needs a Doom figure.

Mina Ashido is best girl.

Started off as a fun hero style comic. Then it sturned into a tournament hero fight thing and i stopped caring.

that's the worst place to drop it, though.

The arc right after that is the best in the series though

There has been only 1 tournament, and it was rather short

That's literally one arc, and one of the better ones too.

So I should start reading after that then?

Yes, the pacing in this manga is absurdly fast

>My only complaint is that all the villains are derived from the edgy 90's era of American comics
I kind of like this, since it not only shows that the guy did his homework, but it deliberately turns it into a silver age vs dark age thing.

>there are people who dont like tournament arcs
We are a different breed

>post yfw UNITED STATES OF SMAASH!

Is All Might just the Eastern Collective Man?

If so, does that make him an Eastern interpretation of a Western interpretation of an Eastern character?

I feel like we're obliged to ad another layer to this.

It's kind of annoying but it doesn't make me dislike the series or anything.
I just wanna see some supervillains who are as fantastical as the heroes. Costumes and shit.

afo is the doom of the series.

Fucken love Hero Academia, cant wait to see Deku become the symbol of peace.

I wish Bakugou was written better. He's basically the rival because it's a manga and needs a rival.

He literally has no reason to be so angry at the world or at Deku.

League of Villains is building up to exactly that, villains are organizing like they never have before. Its why mr hands is being so strict about how their name is used.

but it's ochako who is going to be the symbol of peace, after deku dies, and kisses her right before he passes.

I'll also admit I'm not completely caught up lol. Sounds good.

did he die?

>Deku
he hates deku because deku never fell in line

I like how hands had to learn
>you actually need to stand for something
from stain and
>you need to plan shit out
from yakoozy

Allmight being inked like an american comic book character is great

He has a superiority complex, some people are just dicks

is that arm made up of a bunch of smaller arms?

>tfw gay for Deku

Yup, hes realizing he doesnt have to just defeat or kill his enemies, he has to destroy what they represent and they will just fall away.

Is it actually fast, or is it just fast in comparison to it's uber-decompressed shonen contemporaries?

the powers are a lot more interesting than typical Marvel or DC powers since they actually have limits and drawbacks.

Yup, his power is stealing and using other powers, its why his name is All for One. He uses multiple arms and super buffs them with more muscle mass into a giant super arm THEN makes them all more durable as well.

How would peak All Might fare against Superman?

Stain best boy

have a gift then

_No

shiggy is learning and growing like deku which is fantastic. It's not often the villain and the hero both grow and learn at the same time

bakugo pls

They'd both brace for a huge fight, rush towards one another and then shake hands laughing heartily like old friends.

stain did nothing wrong

I love it and up to date with manga. My only criticism is that, as expected, manga is in calm mode after the storm that happened 30 chapters ago. But it's been 30 fucking chapters and things really really drag on. I guess Hori is trying to learn from his lesson in Sports Festival, where he just fucking piled up characters he's not going to use ever and went on forward forgetting about everything, but he should stop dragging things along and get to the point already. If in 5 chapters fucking nothing happens I'll quitely keep reading

Also, I kind of don't get about Sir, but want to read more about Tintin.

>It is obviously an homage to western-style superheroes.
Yes. But mostly Star Wars.

he is basically a superman stand-in, so pretty well I guess.

My issue is how many villains have instant kill powers, Mr Hands and now the Yakuza villain can all kill in a single hit touch.

Even Stain had a achilles heel.

Hard to tell, maybe both. I just know that if any other author did it we'd have at least 150 more chapters to read.

That's not an exaggeration either, there's a lot things to be written about but Hori generally just gets straight to the point.

sasuke just lost his powers though, and hardgay is going to do shit

Superman could probably save more people faster, but All Might does it while smiling and laughing it all off so the citizens feel great as he pulls them to safety.

yakoozy and shiggy probably have weaknesses too. like yakoozy guy can also heal people so something with that might be of interest

you are wrong user he want to be number one and have more dedication to doit than deku he only need a better reason to become number one

>but All Might does it while smiling and laughing it all off so the citizens feel great as he pulls them to safety.
isn't that what superman is supposed to do too? smile and reassure people everything is ok?

>Even Stain had a achilles heel.

you say that like stains power was even good, its pretty shit, he gets by on his martial prowess.

>Yes. But mostly Star Wars.

>yoda stand in.
>vader masks
>secret family reveal

actually, yes.

Wat.

Very true, he still has to land a slice on someone.

Explodey hands and crumbley hands are probably gonna team up in the next couple of chapters. Last chapter had the hero's get their first taste of those anti-quirk darts which is probably gonna be a centerpiece of whatever comes next. So with the major pieces of this next arc pretty much in place, I'd guess we have 3 or 4 more chapters before shit happens again.

sasuke is the emo big 3 hero in training suneater, he just got hit by the quirk cancelling dart.

hardgay is kirishima

Shigaraki's quirk probably doesn't have a weakness, but he doesn't really need one. That quirk is why he's still the boss.

Breh, even names of the places are Star Wars inspired.

>Nomus are being produced in Kamino ward
>All Might trained Deku in Dagobah beach
>Manga takes place in Musutafu fictional city

Stain
did
nothing
wrong.

>Mina Ashido is best girl.

Weird way to spell Tsuyu Asui.

How did I not notice that.

DEEP
O
P
E

help

im not sure about the power of jakuza because the villans that he apartly killed just reaperd better than ever

I like the Spin Off.

Not!Batman, Not!Spiderman and SlutGirl.

My little Vigilante is it?.

Ochako's smile must be protected

His idea of what a hero should be isn't entirely wrong. But everything he does is pure pettiness and he proved he was just as petulant shitbag as the Handyman.

>liking boring flat dyke
she only is popular in japan because of fujo's

shes the traitor

I'm actually surprised with how well written Bakugou was. He could have so easily been another Sasuke.

Wasted potential: the character

pff man he even saved deku because he was actualy worthy

Of the three big-name series that take the piss out of/pay tribute to Western superheroes (those being Tiger & Bunny, One-Punch Man, and this), it's my second favorite.

My top favorite is Tiger & Bunny. It's going to take a lot to top that for me.

Tsuyu a best. Mina a close second though.

Two of those names are taken from prequel trilogy, so that's understandable, you'd be able to catch on to that only if you not only have not fallen asleep watching them, but also rewatched them to remember names of the planets.

Dagobah beach was pretty on the nose, though.

ah a man of Fine tastes i see

I love how lighthearted and fun the spinoff is.

I was glad he wasn't another Sasuke, but his motivations for being angry at Deku just fall into mental gymnastics and forced rivalry.

Reminder that if Fuck-the-Frog was rendered like a real person, she would be horrendously ugly.

>giantess
>invisible girls
>monster girls
>tickling

my /d/ radar is tingling

I love Josuke!Cyclops and Jotaro!Wolverine

he is only agry becuase deku was a quirkless loser who have the same dreams as he and then he actualy started to achive them a surpase him

You can say that about alot of drawn characters.

When I first saw them I burst out laughing.

Checked and agreed

Spin Off fucking sucks. What's the point of making it about vigilantism, making it like "underground" of BnHA's world if it has the same exact tone as main series. Yes, I am literally asking for it to be slightly more edgy. I think if BnHA is like Spider-man then Vigilantes should be like Daredevil.

That's the whole point of marriage.

People really can't decide between thinking she's a disgusting fujoshit or shipping her with Kaminari.

I think she's not fujoshit: 1)not fat 2)not ugly 3)talented

First off had Iida succeded in killing Stain he would have saved the other dude.
Second you get ZERO points for not murdering someone who in no why deserved it.
Third being a killer of Law Enforcment Officers on the charge that their flashy isn't a valid excuse.
Fourth teaming up with a nihilistic child to strike back at the world because you can't be a functional member of society makes you a bitch.

What I find fascinating is all three of those have a hero rating system and fits all of the heroes into a bureaucracy.

i like reading it, but man, the story progresses quickly.

>world where all kinds of crazy powers exist
>MC punches really hard
It's alright but mostly bland. I've read so many superhero and Shonen stuff that'd I'very come to love unironic celebrations of either, but for whatever reason this series doesn't click with me. All Might is basically the only character I care about, and even then I could just read good Superman comics for the same effect.

>Yes, I am literally asking for it to be slightly more edgy.

How can it get edgier than Moonfish or this?

Starts out clever and interesting, becomes generic shonen trash about beating people up better than other people can beat people up.

Also the author's homoerotic lust for Bakugo borders on the absurd.

author's a westaboo
He knows about the Spider-Man radioactive sperm killing Mary Jane story, and he liked it

>First off had Iida succeded in killing Stain he would have saved the other dude
as stain ponted out lida coudnt care less abouth the other hero he was only there in serch of revenge

They also all feature a main character whose power is "hit stuff really hard."

That's for the best, by the time we hit Stain Hori claimed he's about 20% done with his story, but I think it's safe to assume he'll either make it longer to make it truly Naruto big, either will be forced by editors to make it longer.

I hope it'll end by around chapter 300-400 with possible sequel.

I can't tell if Kirishima or Bakugou is cuter.

the other guys who were killed by overhaul are allrigth so maybe magne is still around

Did I skip a chapter? What chapter is it?

Better Capeshit than anything DC or Marvel have put out the past decade.