Inside Out

It's been nearly 2 years since this came out. What's the Sup Forumsnsensus on it?

above average children's movie with pretty solid themes and morals to it

The most impressively low-stakes children's movie ever.

The entire threat is that a young girl will take a bus ride to her home town and inevitably get in trouble for doing so, driving a wedge between her and her parents.

The ultimate sacrifice is that she forgets a childhood imaginary friend in order to realize what she's doing is a terrible idea.

>It's been nearly 2 years

It OK.

People need to kill this idea that Pixar isn't allowed to make "just good" movies.Everyone forgets that their second work was Bug's life

Surprised how good it was. I skipped seeing it for over a year because the trailer looked bad, but when I saw it it became one of my favorites. There's a lot of good stuff there for adults.

Inexorable passage of time got ya down, eh buddy?

A Bug's Life was kickass you pleb.

Sadness looks exactly like my ex girlfriend who I saw it with

It's sort of a touchy subject so I haven't been able to watch it again. I remember enjoying it though

>What's so great about dumb old Minnesota?

I dunno but I personally felt like it was the most uninspired way to handle that premise, especially in terms of visuals (save for that abstraction scene that was nonsense in terms of plot).
I was disappointed.

>Adult man calls another man a plebeian for insinuation that the 1998 children's animated film "A Bug's Life" was adequate but not exceptional

Never change, Sup Forums.

Never ever change.

I enjoyed it but I do have to agree with what said.

That's what being really good does, though. It sets the bar much higher for your than for others. After A Bug's Life Pixar had an unbroken string of amazing successes from Toy Story 2 to The Incredibles.

If you want to allow in weaker entires like Up and Cars and hell even A Bug's Life, Pixar was on fire non-stop from 1995 to 2010. But in the 2010s it seems like they ran out of steam somewhat, and have kind of spun their wheels churning out sequels or mediocre originals.

It just seems like they lost that magic spark they had in their heyday and are now back at the level of your standard animation studio.

OVERRATED.

It was a story about someone's emotional life and maturing out of childhood. Of course it was, in an objective sense, low stakes, because the "stakes" weren't the point.

It's not a "save the world" kind of movie.

I should clarify.

I think the usage of such a genuinely tiny story was actually quite brilliant. They made this big, colorful adventure tale out of next to nothing.

I thought it was okay. Fuck Sadness though

If only Riley escaped San Francisco. The movie could've had a happy ending.

I wanted to kill sadness

>Fuck Sadness

Yes, please.

I'm sure wa all got a good idea what it's like to be inside a little girls

Great movie. Just watched it again the other night. So many interesting frames can be found. :^)

Inside a little girl's what?

If only Riley became a smoker who swore to her parents, that would have been way more realistic.

>weaker
>Up
Up is in a three way tie with Ratatouille and Incredibles for best Pixar movie.

I liked it. It made the psychology easy to understand for laypeople while maintaining a cast of well-written and dynamic characters. Also, the overall plot was intriguing despite what pointed out.

>What did you say?

Riley is pig disgusting and for bully.

Lasstter stopped giving a shit about Pixar after he became boss of WDAS, the thing is Gisnep can't make good movies no matter what, Frozen, BH6, were meh at best, their only decent moves are WiR and Zootopia, the latter was going to be a disaster, Pixar facepalmed hard when they saw the initial idea for the movie.

TL;DR stop watching Disney/Pixar, look for new studios with fresh ideas.

It's a good psychology movie. Only brainlets that can't appreciate the lore will call it shit.

Also Sadness best emotion.

>Riley is pig disgusting
Nigga, whut?
>for bully
Yes.

The most literal pity fuck.

*Adult woman, though nuance

A Bug's Life was pretty fucking clever. Take the story of the ant & the grasshopper & build from there. So many great bug jokes & the flea circus was brilliant.

I originally suspected the colors on each emotion were significant.

Disgust wears a purple scarf, flats, & lipstick because disgust is rooted in fear. Fear, in turn, has a red bowtie as anger is a response to fear. Meanwhile, Joy has blue hair, blue eyes, & a blue pattern on her dress as one cannot experience the highs of joy without the valleys of sorrow.

Joy is a giant douche.

Also why did they make all the emotions fuzzy?

>Riley apparently suffers from anxiety
>her emotions think all her classmates are laughing at her when they're clearly showing concern

From the perspective of a girl, crying in public is embarassing after kindergarden. I suppose for boys it's about toughing up, & it's similar for girls as well. But for girls it's about preventing others from seeing you as weak, sensitive, & immature. As we age, we think any girl who cries in public out if sorrow is a total basketcase without a grip on her emotions. She is considered an emotional wreck that is self-centered, melodramatic, & unresponsible.

I'd imagine crying as a grown man would just make you a pussy.

It was supposed to be energy spark-like instead of fuzzy but yea. It was a bit fuzzy.

Riley is not the main character

She is the setting.

That "concern" is ambiguous at best. That scene clearly shows the cool girls whispering to each other about Riley and their expressions look more like "lolwtf is her problem?"

First day jitters at a new school in a different part of the country, ya i'd be stressed too.

Massively overrated.

Give her twenty years and she'll be a sidecut trimmed dyke.

It's explained in "The Art of.." book. The main emotion at a particular moment would have a effervescent appearance that would vary in intensity depending on the state of that emotion in that particular time.

Here, have some more Joy.

Massively underrated.

Riley is cute and for kisses.

I loved it

Anamolisa should of won imo.

But then again I'm not much into Disney and I prefer pretentious stuff lately

I thought it was pretty good. Just wish it had more focus on all the emotions instead of just Blue and Joy.

The keep things under control sub-plot with the other three was pretty meh, honestly.

I enjoyed it. I wish there was a little less Bing Bong and a little more Riley making friends or having fun, but eh.

Had one or two good moments, but extremely unimaginative for a movie about the psyche.

Still no good music. Pixar needs a swift kick in the rear end, what's the point of watching an animated movie if it doesn't have good music?

Look at Moana. +5 points just for the soundtrack. Zootopia? -5.

Probably bait as those aren't Pixar (despite lassater playing big role in production).
But some of the greatest tracks are from UP, ratatouille, the incredibles, and monsters inc.

Sequel or short series when?

It's my 8th, in ascending order: It's Such a Beautiful Day, Your Name., 5 Centimeters Per Second, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Laputa: Castle in the Sky and NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind.

It's also my favorite mainstream American animated film of all time.

If we can include independent projects, then it's beat out by It's Such a Beautiful Day.

If we can include anime movies as well, it's beat out by some Makoto Shinkai and Studio Ghibli films.

I hate the way people look in this movie

>implying Inside Out doesn't have good music
The thematic aspect of the OST was pretty well done in Inside Out more than any other Pixar movie imo. Fuck you.

Pixar soundtracks are great. And Inside Out is my favorite Pixar soundtrack below the Toy Story Trilogy.

Slice of life 2d cartoon show when?

>2D
>Pixar
AFAIK They never had a 2D animated film except for Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea, and even then, they only produced the English dub on that movie since Studio Ghibli originally made it in Japan.

Who's your friend who likes to play?

Damn, this guy is good.

What's with the image? I kinda like it.

True
Yep they fucked up badly on that end

Movie would be better if the mind "world" wasn't so conceptually stupid. That shit made no sense.

And what's the point of making Sadness a annoying, whiny little bitch? It just takes away from the message they were going for.

BIG DONG BIG DONG

head

And Hand holding....

Does anyone else miss Sadness's giant fucking tits?

who doesn't

>tfw You lost all of your sunny D images
Please post more.

Just watched this for the first time yesterday, actually. It was cute, and I liked how it still kept the drama and emotion despite being relatively low stakes. Brought back memories of when my family moved when I was younger.

Watching Good Dinosaur right now and so far it's just forgettable.

kek

preteen Riley should've shown her feet a lot more.

A nice movie, but I got sick of it from seeing the emotions everywhere. Not as bad as minions, but still way over saturated in the pop culture.

Not to mention Hopper is one of Pixar's better villains.

>DUDE PUPPETS EAT PUSSY LMAO
kys

disgusting

Spoiled little roastie in making

Really though, who tries to raise a family in San Francisco? That's a terrible idea.

No.
Not really....

>Bing Bong's sacrifice was hollow and could have been avoided if Joy had sent the core memories through the tube system.

except Riley still couldn't have felt joy or sadness

It's a great flick that had childlike wonder looks, humour for adults watching, and a heartfelt message that was loved by all.

Still not the best thing ever, but certainly top of the to buy list for a lot of families for the DVD/Blu-ray.

I like the idea she got on the bus and ended up a drug addicted cock whore within a month.

Easily one of Pixar's best

I found it funny how our sociology professor decided to bring it up as an example of a thing he was explaining a few days ago. But then again that's one of the movie's best aspects, how it plays with what we know about our psychology without coming off as dumb

I remember thinking the giant memory pit was pretty freaky.