Name ONE horror movie that's actually scary

Name ONE horror movie that's actually scary.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8LWzAAX_4MY
youtu.be/TRdsSJS9DjA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Death Stranding

John Carpenter's The Thing

babadook

The Bye Bye Man

scary is pretty subjective

so for me stuff that is really disjointed and out of place gets me

like the appearance of Boonsong in Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives or the warped faces and digital artifacts in Noroi: The Curse, or even when Sarah Palmer takes off her face in Twin Peaks: The Return.

Or when stuff happens peripherally and the character doesnt even notice like in Actually Happened Most Terrifying Psychic Phenomena.

But none of that stuff works on my wife.

So yeah, extremely subjective.

Psychological uncanny valley stuff is the most scary for me. Might be considered a reddit opinion but those two adult swim short films on YouTube by that one guy are pretty spooky (this house has people in it & unedited footage of a bear).

scary maybe for redditors

I watched the Twin Peaks movie for the first time recently and wasn't expecting it to be so scary. Probably one of the best horror movies I've seen lately

(you)

The Witch

Enter The Void

The Exorcist

youtube.com/watch?v=8LWzAAX_4MY

8mm really creeped me out

gotta agree with you, unedited footage of a bear didnt do it for me but this house has people in it was right on the mark, especially with all the weird accompanying footage that goes with it.

the fourth kind

the 'i am god' line is the thing that got me, gave me chills

The best part of bear to me is simply the super long shot with the clone of the woman in the road with her arms down and then she started unnaturally sprinting over. The rest of it was less good but that particular shot was very uncanny valley spook material.

I don't know about horror but cannibal holocaust fucked me up big time as a kid until now

The Shining, The Witch, The Grudge, and Dark Water (Jap version) are the only movies that made me even a little nervous

dark water was quite good

This. Haven't been able to eat Tootsie Pops since.

It's all about the mood you put yourself in. Almost no horror movie is scary sitting at your laptop with Sup Forums open in another window.
But if I go watch The Exorcist in my old room in my mom's basement with all the lights out and no one home, by myself, I'm going to be sufficiently spooked.

Honestly literature fucks me up the most. Truly scary movies are usually supernatural/religious. Also artistic rather than plot centric. The end sequence of 2001 a space odessy, the exorcist, and tetsuo the iron man get me deep. It's not about blood and Gore. It's about changing from human to something inhuman for me. Honorable mentions to bug, and event horizon.

Paranormal activity

Trans America

They Look Like People

Blair Witch

Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Kiler

Anything with a mul-gwishin, The Grudge, The ring, Dark water...

I ironically think DS is going to be creepy as fuck.

I'll be honest, Sinister (2012) scared the fuck out of me.
youtu.be/TRdsSJS9DjA

that was such garbage

What, why?

The omen. Original. Only the first one. I mean come on! the son of satan? Now i don't believe in that crap but if it WAS real i would be shitting myself. For someone like me, Who sins on the daily, it's a scary fucking thought

wew lad This House Has People In It is fucking weird