Daily reminder that this was the last time a comic from the big two reached issue 100

Daily reminder that this was the last time a comic from the big two reached issue 100

Well DC is going to have 2 issue 1,000 in the coming year or so.

DC Comics Bombshells is almost there.

>Digital First
Lmao, nah son. You base this shit off of print releases, and the print version of Bombshells is only at #24. The digital releases are only like 1/3rd -/14th the size of a normal issue

But they renumbered back to original numbers so it doesn't count.

Pic related if you count all the imprints.

Fantastic 4 #600

Why doesn't it count?

Triggered: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

And it was pretty damn good. Untill Loeb fucked it all up with Ultimatum

Ultimate X-Men was pure, unmitigated trash, user. It was never good.

It was better than the actual X-Men; it used strange ideas and developed in a universe where the actions had consequences. Also, I liked the idea of having just a comic per month (with only one or two ocasional crossover) and be able to keep the global view.

I ended loving the Ultimate Universe more than the regular one, I wish Loeb had been distracted with something else.

Because they had to renumber to reach 1,000 so it doesn't count.

>It was better than the actual X-Men;

No it wasn't. You only think that because it had then-modern storytelling techniques. It really didn't hold up that well.

Yeah, Ultimate X-Men was pretty good to be honest.

Especially with the rotating writers. I know a lot were worried if the quality will dip or not but it remained mostly consistent through out its run.

The ultimatum tie ins were also my 2nd fave after ultimate spider-man.

Also as another user once said. I loved the lack of constant tie ins. Its the real reason I was into ultimate universe more than regular marvel before it all went to shit. I didn't care if the backstory is complicated. I don't wanna read 4 titles to keep track if this shit.

Hell post-ultimatum could have recovered too if it didn't tie in to the ultimates events so much. Looking at you Bendis Miles Morales run.

Absolutely true. It was great having just the one title if you wanted to follow Ultimate X-Men. Kirkman's run was pretty bad though, but for the most part, Ultimate X-Men was one of the consistently best titles in the Ultimate universe.

I wish they had let Bendis or Hickman writing a single comic telling stories about the whole universe instead of destroying it.

I really enjoy reading things like that; stories made in an established scenario, like Invincible or even Injustice.

Same.

RIP

But they kept count all this time.

Holy shit, still up?

you are or I am?