Doctor Who General - /who/

Hoodie edition

Previously, on Doctor /who/:

Other urls found in this thread:

radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-12-08/doctor-who-steven-moffat-interview-jodie-whittaker-chris-chibnall-sherlock/
twitter.com/Mr_Matt_Hall/status/939099040876285952
twitter.com/GeorgeBaker87/status/938909471736324096
twitter.com/GeorgeBaker87/status/939075372653608960
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Midnight may be very uncomfortable as a whole but the begining of it is absolute peak comfy

nth for Jodie.

Where is he now?

Hoodie's right that 12 looks like a nonce when he wears his hoodie. Surprised that's not received opinion.

He's too handsome for that, user. If 12 was played by a greasy neckbeard I would agree with you

hoodie, pyjama pants and a t-shirt is a max comfy "I don't give a fuck" outfit

The odds of Smith appearing in Chibnall's era? over or under 50%

No, I don't believe he's too handsome to be dodgy. He's old, wearing young gear, hanging around with young people, so that's all you need for a provisional verdict. He's more the "you're so mature for your age" grooming type than the blundering lungers I associate with the greasy neckbeard look.

12 looks great with the Whoodie. It matches 12's irreverent attitude, and I see it as his "main" outfit.

Over, providing he stays for the 60th

"I don't give a fuck, because my dignity was lost long ago", I agree.

So the new Doctor's costume is basically Mork's from Mork and Mindy, innit? I have a thing about women wearing braces over their nipples so I'm excited.

Reminder

So creepy for some reason. Gives me chills

River not being promoted to a full time companion for Series 7A was a mistake.

SERIES 6 POWER RANKINGS

>GOAT TIER
The Girl Who Waited - 9/10
The Doctor's Wife - 9/10

>GREAT TIER
The God Complex - 8/10

>STRONG TIER
The Impossible Astronaut - 7/10
A Christmas Carol - 7/10

>GOOD TIER
A Good Man Goes to War - 6/10
Closing Time - 6/10

>DECENT TIER
The Wedding of River Song - 6/10
Let's Kill Hitler - 6/10
Night Terrors - 6/10

>JUST TIER
The Curse of the Black Spot - 4/10
The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People - 3/10

Not a bad series overall, as its reputation would suggest I appreciate the rather grim undertones as a contrast to Series 5, all while still feeling distinctly 'Doctor Who'. But you can't deny the series overreached its grasp in a few places.

Thank you.

"Irreverent" middle-aged men are the worst. Have you ever met one? Hideous. They all still rate Clapton and voted for Brexit.

Hi hoodie.

I'm not Hoodie, I was just concurring with his (?) take.

jamie oliver is a hack fraud
gordon ramsay is the true master chef

>Middle aged

But the Doctor isn't an irreverent old man. He's an irreverent 2000 year old alien, with a false covering of a Scottish old man. And he recently had gotten a new lease on lie, and was no longer trying to be defined by others. So wearing whatever he wants, even if it's the "wrong thing" by human standards, is perfect characterization for 12. And it's not like he doesan't have style--he wears the coat and collared shirts as well. But when he wants to wear hoodies, he doesn't let the silly norms of Earth stop him.

(And the Doctor's always being irreverent with dress, because he dresses nothing like his home planet. On purpose).

12's fashion is my aesthetic ngl tbqh desu

stupid nigger fuck you

>Nick Hurran never directed a Capaldi episode
the 50th doesn't count

I'm reading the last thread, and I can't tell if the "Enlightened Chrononological user" is serious or doing advanced 5-D trolling.

yeah, the amount of screenshots he has is pretty suspicious desu, who just screenshots everything they're watching?

if he is trollings its an advanced troll though, i remember his original post like over a week ago.

He still hasn't given me a lightsaber

I can't tell if he's a fraudulent university professor or an experimental AI gone rogue with delusions of grandeur

Pyjama Ten Big Finish box set when?

>radiotimes.com/news/tv/2017-12-08/doctor-who-steven-moffat-interview-jodie-whittaker-chris-chibnall-sherlock/

Second part of the Moff interview. Some good stuff in there.

>"River Song came twice."
What did Steven "The Moff" Moffat mean when he wrote this line?

>We all left and they arrived, in brutal terms. For a while they were just down the corridor and I would go and see them sometimes and they were lovely. Last time in 2009 it really was the case of Russell [T Davies] and Julie [Gardner] going and me already being there with largely the same team. This time it’s mostly a new team.

>My mum was dying during a considerable proportion of my last year on Doctor Who so that was horrific. And I was flying up and down to Scotland. There were scripts that weren’t working and I was rewriting them. It was kind of monstrous. After a particularly difficult tone meeting, my car dropped me off at my house in Cardiff and I was making my evidently wobbly way across the road to my house and my old script editor Helen Raynor just happened to be walking along. She took my arm and said, “Are you all right? I’ll just get you to your door.” I remember thinking, “I’m putting the marker here – that’s how tired I am. That’s what I have to remember next year if I have any regrets.”

But Adam Orford told me it was mosty the same team and they all loved him and tickled his prostate

The most interesting thing is, when asked about th future of the show, Moffat says:

>Absolutely 100% optimistic. I don’t think we’re anywhere close to halfway through the new series run. Or close to a third.

That's a really good sign.

Poor moff

I hope he writes another Sherlock desu because he proved he could still do it with The Lying Detective and that show deserves a better final episode than The Final Problem.

>After a particularly difficult tone meeting
so basically they knew the monk trilogy wasn't working but moff was at a really hard point of life and they couldn't salvage it

I feel for Moffat but what was his excuse for Series 6?

Moff had a hard life.

Behind the scenes strife combined with the fact that Moff just isn't a fast writer.

> I’m 55, for Christ’s sake. I’ve done enough Doctor Who.

wow, moff really does hate the show

watching Robot in CasualWhoStream cytu be / r / casualwhostream

>There may be times – and these will not be bad times – when it goes off the air for a bit, but I’d almost be in favour of that now and then. To remind people that they miss it. I think it’s here for good. And it’s about to enter into a golden period.

FUCKING BASED

MOFF CONFIRMS THE G O L D E N A G E

also he's completely right about the show going off air every once and a while, big finish will probably ALWAYS be there (unless we run out of actors willing to do it) so it makes sense to let them be the current doctor who for a while, whilst new writters and actors get prepared to take the reigns for a new TV series.

New Trailer at 1pm today
New Trailer at 1pm today
New Trailer at 1pm today

But remember, that's linked to: So, even though he thinks it might go off the air one day, he implies that it's going to stick around for a long, long time.

like I'm falling for that meme again

okay user

>It’s also worth remembering that my two biggest successes by far happened by chasing my own ridiculous enthusiasms. And let’s not forget that not that long ago Doctor Who and Sherlock were not bywords for instant easy success. Following my own geeky enthusiasms has been what’s worked for me. Giving in to my childish enthusiasm to write The Empty Child for Russell [in 2005] was probably the most significant thing I’ve done in my career.

How do I convince someone to watch Series 10 if they dropped out at Series 7?

convince them to watch 8/9 first

Put World Enough and Time on, or y'know PUT S8/9 ON FIRST

Depends why they dropped out

They specifically mentioned Clara and the leaf and how ridiculous it got with Clara saving the Doctor at "his darkest hour"

It's worth getting them to try S8, clara's characterization is very different and all the leaf bullshit never gets mentioned again
not to mention the whole tone and style of the show being different with capaldi and the focus on character drama

then tell him they rewrite her character completely and she becomes GOAT

In this case just tell them that Clara is gone.

>Helen Raynor posted "don't you think he looks tired"
The truth revealed

I didn't like Series 8, Series 9 was goat though. It just had far too many misses to be a good series.

Could work.

Probably use this.

Thanks.

So are they going to retcon the show and have The Doctor know he's being filmed for a tv show?

Implying it's GOAT

the doctor likes to pretend he's being filmed for a tv show, that's why he looks at the theoretical camera

Just tell them it's a fresh start.

The KTM pasta is the gift that keeps on giving.

PHIL SANDIFER MAKES ME WANNA VOMIT

Tbh I don't agree with Moff about the 'let it go off the air every so often' thing, that seems more likely to just make people forget about it and stop caring. That's what it felt like in 2016. This show needs momentum.

Show them The Lie of the Land

Yeah.

What did he do this time?

>that awful fake regeneration "it was just a prank" bill.

It's a terrible ending to the Monk trilogy.

Nothing, I've just been reading a lot of Eruditorum lately, I have a love/hateboner for it. The fact that I can't stop reading it makes it even worse.
I am exceedingly curious what he'll write about the Capaldi era.

>you realise you will have to put 13 in her costume with the other Doctor figures

>you realise you'll have to put 11 in his costume with the other Doctor figures
>you realise you'll have to put 10 in his costume with the other Doctor figures
>you realise you'll have to put 9 in his costume with the other Doctor figures

With that costume she is gonna look like a fucking muppet next to 9/10/11/12. Please let her have variants.

This.
She looks like some random person from the street.
Some of the choices anons suggested here were better.

We could've got some kino like this

I feel like I'm the only poster here who likes Thirteen's outfit.

it's alright

I like the fact that they've actually gone for a "costume" costume for once rather than regular fashion
I also really like 12's regular fashion but I appreciate them doing something different

Watching Terror of the Zygons in 20 something minutes after Robot is finished

I agree. It fulfills the requirements of "be very different from previous Doctor", and is both colorful and feels like a costume.

The problem with thirteen Doctor costume is that Doctor shouldn't be wearing costume at all. What she should be wearing is period clothing similar to what a number of classic Doctors wore in original series as way to again highlight to audience that this is character who completely out of date. If it isn't something that everybody use to wear then she shouldn't be wearing it at all ...

But 13's costume looks like it's from the future

He's gonna do a Pop Between Realities on Rick and Morty

Watching Terror of the Zygons now!

I like his theory that the Trial was a Time War story.

They all wore costumes. 9 was the first doctor since 2 to wear something normal.

Yeah but unless you're from future you don't know that do you ? That's why it's fucking shit !!!

Hahahahahaha !!!

No, wait, you're serious ? I'm sorry allow me to laugh at you even harder !!! Dude ...

The common denominator between Five's celery-and-beige, Six's mismatched colors, Two's tatterred version of One's outfit, Four's bohemian look, isn't that they're classic. Six's colorful coat would be out-of-place anywhere. It's that the Doctor dresses a little weirdly. A little off. Even Ten's fashionable clothes had those sneakers.

The Doctor shouldn't look classic--she's an alien from the future. She should always look strange, though.

It's pretty retro, to be quite honest. Very 70s-ish.

Only bit I don't like is the earrings and the trousers. Everything else is fine.

>The KTM pasta is the gift that keeps on giving.
It's/who/'s baneposting.

What could have been.

Two questions:

1. Did anyone ever sit on the chair in the ninth/tenths' Tardis?

Stuff gets thrown on to it but I don't recall anyone sitting on it.

2. Was the playset chair scaled right?

It seemed to me it was too small.

twitter.com/Mr_Matt_Hall/status/939099040876285952
Someones jealous they didn't get to go

>Did anyone ever sit on the chair in the ninth/tenths' Tardis?
Yes, Rose, Mickey and 10 were sitting on it in Rise of the Cybermen, and i think 9 sat on it in Boom Town

That could have been written by Ian Levine.

Guesses? He says it's not Susan or Clara:

twitter.com/GeorgeBaker87/status/938909471736324096

Reece Shearsmith as Troughton maybe?
twitter.com/GeorgeBaker87/status/939075372653608960

>mfw it's just Nardole