Is Crusade kino back on the menu?

Is Crusade kino back on the menu?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.agu.org/press-release/unusual-volcanic-episode-rapidly-triggered-little-ice-age-researchers-find/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>those fucking helmets
Pretty good scene though, is the show any good?

>history channel
>early crusades
>plate armour
>plate armour on fucking horses
>exploding catapult rocks

Don't talk to me or my board's thread again.

>is the show any good?
I have no idea tbqh. I saw it yesterday and thoughts it was meh tier.

>second in command of the crusaders is a black guy

why

History can't show nudity. I think that's why we saw such bland fighting and no gruesome stuff. You would think History would hire a consultant that knows the ear and the fighting so that we could see how heavy their shield (I'm thinking of that iron shirt underneath) i. And ofc their swords swinging should get more heavier as they get tired. But no, what we got is a video game sword fighting where the enemy is butter and the MCs are hot knives. I'm getting real tired of this shit

>Englishmen protecting Jews under Edward I rule
NO.

he's not black, he's just greek

>THE JEWS ARE OPPRESSED
>WE MUST SAVE THE JEWS
>HELP THE JEWS
>Charging a shield and spear formation head on

it's set in France not England

>implying there's a difference

hence why I said Englishmen, not England.

I guess you're right. They do look rather black

whats wrong with that? you know the jewesses are getting wet as fuck watching those superior european men fighting you just know that night every one of them got knocked up

Actually its set in 1300s, so the armour is correct, it isn't the more famous 12th century crusades.

If you think about it the Templars were basically just a cult who killed lots of people.

I always wondered how the fuck they shot this without having to worry about overheating and water issues, but then I found out they filmed in Morocco during the Winter. Sort of brilliant.

yeah been expecting this
TIME TO DEUS VULT

imagine being a lowly foot soldier back in the day, marching in the desert heat

THERE MUST BE WAR

>the dudes in the front don't even wear helmets
Come on now. At least give them a coif. Or a kettle helmet.

Any history buffs here?
How do I get into medieval christianity and all that cool stuff back when religion was allowed to be badass?

you mean fucking savages killing each other? Start with The name of the Rose. The book not the film.

As long as they make the christian crusaders look bad ....

kingdoms of heaven is top tier comfy

The only realistic thing about that is the idea of knights templar abandoning all sense and chimping out.

They would never fight to save a jew.

The real battle of Hattin was fought on July 4th.

No wonder the saracens won.

>carrying the holy grail out of Acre in a lockbox
>put it on a ship
>the ship gets destroyed
>holy grail falls to bottom of sea
>run away to France for 15 years before thinking about it again

god damnit

Especially do not start by that anti-christian propaganda of course.

It's so you can distinguish them from everyone else. I know, totally fucking retarded if it were real, but that's why they do it in movies and TV. You need to be able to follow the important characters in the middle of a melee, and when everyone else is wearing helmets or a coif, you can easily pick out the rugged dude not wearing anything.

>set in the middle ages
>soldiers all have the exact same armor

Weather will betray you every time.

You make me so angry.

Depending on the circumstance, this could absolutely be the case. Sure, not with nobles and wealthier knights, but a lot of guys who just came from the same cluster of villages and use the same smiths? Yeah, sorta is fucking accurate.

why did they ripoff the leper from dankest dungeon like this. also what videogame is this?

Some great scenes like pic related. Unfortunately Scott Ridley is a hack who is incapable of communicating non-autistic narratives far too often.

>How do I get into medieval christianity
the way I got into it was that at first I just read a simple encyclopedia. The kind where everything is written in simple language and has lots of pictures. As I was reading it I made a list of everything interesting in it and then I started looking for books on those subjects. So my advice would be go from general histories to specific ones

>Scott Ridley

start with general wikipedia and if you're still interested then find some books on the crusades after that, check the bibliography on the wikipedia page, the articles may be simplistic or inaccurate but the sources tend to have top tier scholarship

can somebody from /tv-pol/ who has watched ep01 say whether this show is legit and still has no liberal propaganda like anything on tv these days?

>Ironman inside helmet closeup
this is fucking stupid

>Scott Ridley
lmao

>"these days"
>grew up loving cartoons and sitcoms where every episode was about social commentary
you're a faggot learn how to think for yourself

But that first episode was pretty fucking bad.

Armor that isnt random dark leather? What year is this

>main actor isn't white

DROPPED

there were no blacks or asians in the show so far.
There were no gays in the show so far
The queen is having sex with a knight but we dont know it the king knows or not.
The Jews are the victims (betas) and the Knights protect them (Chads)
There was a traditionalist couple where the husband told the wife what to do, but then he went to Paris to return a sword and his qt was killed and nailed to the cross.

He's supposed to be Greek. He's just tanned ffs

Thats photoshopped right?

>>grew up loving cartoons and sitcoms where every episode was about social commentary
yeah im an oldfag so i didnt grow up like that

Those fucking blacksmiths are not mass producing that shit. All those armors would be custom made and have a great deal of variance. There would be different designs and different heraldries. Not to mention really contextual shit: one knight who skips wearing a helmet, another preferring two handed weapons, etc.

It is not fucking accurate.

I don't have a problem with it.

This let's them get away with keeping helmets on during action scenes, using stuntmen a lot more, and can still allow the actors to emote for the scene. It's a smart move.

I don't know who the fuck told you that, but there is an insane amount of commonality between full suits of armor by region and century as a result of trends and limited lineage.

Is it unbelievable that they would all have the exact same shit on? Eh. Kinda. But the costume department had a budget my man. Just be glad they are using real fucking armor unlike with GoT.

They are gonna make it as the crusades are the bad guys and also homosexuals, so fuck off

yeah i seriously doubt that. i guarantee you grew up in the 90s and watched the same shit as everyone else like fresh prince, roseanne and home improvement. and if not then 80s shows like cosby show, wonder years, different strokes, family ties, etc. or maybe the 70s you watched shit like MASH and happy days. you're a fucking fool if you think you didn't. which probably explains why you're asking kids to do your homework for you

>The Jews are the victims (betas) and the Knights protect them (Chads)
does not matter. Their King literally expelled jews and was even on a previous crusade. There is nothing to suggest they would want to do this.

so they're going to be historically accurate?

good and bad is only a matter of perspective, you nitwit.

>We must defend da joos
Is this even historically accuarate?
I thought crusaders had a tradition of massacring their local jewish communities before setting off to Holy Land.

>Is this even historically accurate?
not even in the slightest.

so is this another shill show?

who knows. theres alot of stuff wrong with it.

Templars wore mostly uniform armor.

Why do americans get so obsessed with the crusades?

As much as fighting with no headwear is inaccurate, it was done more for practical reasons than by mistake. Producers want average viewer to easily identify the characters during the battle scenes.
This is also the reason why Night's Watch characters in Game of Thrones almost never wear any hats

it relates to 1/32nd of their ancestry.

>alot

Yeah, and that's why we have battles that too often turn into duels of main characters. But perhaps it's for the best because they make cgi so bad that it's not worth showing battlefield overall.

I blame History Channel's tinfoil documentaries about Templars contacting aliens, Templars being satanist, Templars settling America, Templars hiding the holy grail etc.

>christians
lol

the battle scenes look like they came from Rome: Total War over a decade ago. absolute shit.

Just watched it.
Pure shit. As expected.

>Charging a shield and spear formation head on

Half a tonne object coming at you at 40mph but its ok i have a shield and spear xd

Welp. Time to reinstall Stronghold: Crusader again.

>early crusades
>couldn't even be assed to look up the show

what number is it for this show?
is this the 10th or 11th?

Its fictional, but it takes place between the 9th and 10th.

>inside helmet cam

Doesn't most of the show take place in France or some shit? Like not much actual deus vulting involved.

It's all about protecting the Jews, not telling you bullshit, just watch it by yourself

>open Sup Forums
>2152453345 threads about this shit
History channel shilling hard

no it's the 13th an 14th century

America was discovered in 1492, the fuck are you talking about? Most strongholds and knights are from 1500-1600 in most states

I thought that user was asking in what time period this show is set in.

Don't fucking argue me on history, I've played more Crusader Kings than you have.

WHAT IS JERUSALEM WORTH

>alot

It was technically impossible for an army of knights to go from boston or new york to jerusalem in 1300-1400

IRRELEVANT

JERUSALEM IS NOW PROPERTY OF THE USA

WE HAVE OUR ORANGE CHEETO ANTICHRIST, THE RAPTURE IS ON SCHEDULE

>It was technically impossible for an army of knights to go from boston or new york to jerusalem in 1300-1400
Wrong. They could have walked there if they felt like it. It was the time of the little ice age. They just had to go up towards Canada and then Greenland>Iceland>UK>France>Italy>Byzantine Empire>Israel

news.agu.org/press-release/unusual-volcanic-episode-rapidly-triggered-little-ice-age-researchers-find/

Crusades, not century, you dingbat.

Tv productions, not even once.

Bibi president when?

Why does he repeat Salah ad-Din twice when saying "I am not those men. I am Salah ad-Din, Salah ad-Din"? Why does he do the boxing gesture when saying "Everything"? It looks cool but perplexes me. Was it Ridley's idea or the actors?

Jeremy Renner cameo when?

Here are my views:
Good production values and respect for historical accuracy: the fights were really good and the armor was really good, having the cast actually wear helmets was another nod to history buffs like me who have been begging for some fucking helmets in our historical dramas for a while now.
The cons? 4 out of the 6 writers are ((them)), and boy does it fucking show. I'm convinced you literally are not allowed to make a historical drama unless jews are involved somehow, because of course the literal first plot line in the show involves the jews. They literally refuse to make a show about any point in history that doesn't involve them, which honestly I've just gotten used to. You wanna watch a show about history, it has to be an era that had jews in it and it has to feature a jewish plot line

*just as a footnote I'm not antisemetic, honestly it doesn't bother me and having jews in the show does make sense from a historical standpoint, it all works. There's no point in getting mad about this kind of stuff honestly I appreciate that they've actually portrayed the templars in somewhat of a positive light, though they did make the main character a hypocrite that is fucking the queen so there's that.

I don't know if because most of the outside scenes are light as fuck of if this show is just cheap.

But the battle scene looked fake as hell, most of the scenes inside where it is darker looks alright but when they move outside it all looks fake as fuck.

Honestly the choreography was pretty damn good but I get what you mean, feels a bit low budget at points. The fight scenes are actually pretty realistic, people actually going for weak points in the armor and thrusting instead of just wild, slow, telegraphed cuts. Other scene I loved was the bandit fight; the bandits getting into a shield wall as soon as they saw the mounted knights was excellent, and when they dismounted to fight that formation it also gave me a history buff boner because that’s exactly what templars would do when faced with a formation that cavalry won’t work against; they’d dismount and charge, even did a little wedge formation, shit was cash.

I'm not talking about choreography and I'm not talking about the smaller fights, I'm talking about the opening battle, the one that introduces the show and how it looks.

Fucking look at this, looks like something out of a video game that doesn't have that much of a budget.