Spider-Man Has His Own JARVIS In His Homecoming Costume

>Iron Man’s AI-turned-Infinity Stone possessing superhero will make a return in Spider-Man: Homecoming
>But probably most notably, it starts talking to him, and he goes, ‘Oh, this is weird.’ And he starts asking it stuff, but he’s not super slick or Tony Stark smart, who invented the OS and did all this. He’s a kid,” Carroll elaborated. “So he’s like, ‘Um, how do I get to where that thing is?’ And it’s like, ‘Um, I don’t know. Pretty much drive? How are you going to get there?’ And he’s like, ‘Um, if I didn’t have a car, let’s just say, how would I get there?’ And it’s like, ‘Well, if you walk…’ And he’s like, ‘No, OK, alright… I guess just give me directions and I’ll figure out the HOW I’m getting there.

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/04/03/jarvis-returns-spider-man-homecoming-costume/

If they really wanted to make Iron Man 4, why didn't they just do it? Pepper Potts is also rumoured to return in this movie

Other urls found in this thread:

uproxx.com/movies/harley-quinn-halloween-costume-most-popular/
newsarama.com/29428-dc-super-hero-girls-expected-to-earn-1-billion-for-warner-bros.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_Marvel_Comics#Live-action_films
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_in_film
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>guys, you know how every Spider-Man since the 2nd Raimi movie has been an overstuffed mess?
>Yeah?
>I've got a perfect fucking idea for his debut in the MCU.

>Iron Man/Tony Stark in a major supporting role
>Happy Hogan
>Pepper Potts (rumoured)
>Tony creates all of Spider-Man's gadgets, costumes, etc… including a Jarvis system which he talks to like Iron Man does
>Vulture becomes a villain because of Stark and is more-or-less an Iron Man villain in this universe

And this is just what we know, probably more shit in the movie.

Fuck this.

"Give Spidey back to Marvel!" they said. "They'll show Sony how it's done!" they said.

ikr

HAHAHAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAAAAAAhahhhhh

The Fuck?
I just.
I don't even.
How do you make Slott's Ock' fanfiction look good by comparison?
Fucking how?

>Consistently their most popular character evrr since he was introduced
>literally in the top3 most known heroes on the planet

Why does Marvel hate Spidey so much? I doubt DC would ever treat their best characters this badly.

>I doubt DC would ever treat their best characters this badly.

>Giving Spidey a Quipbot

Fuck off

>but he’s not super slick or Tony Stark smart
>not Tony Stark smart
>Peter Parker
U WOT, NIGGER!?

>I doubt DC would ever treat their best characters this badly.
probably because they don't have any

Peter has never built an AI.

Spider-Man has siri built into his suit.

How is this news.

How is this the first Spider-Man film that I'm actually expecting to be disappointing? The ASM films were letdowns, but at least they didn't manage to kill my enthusiasm before I even saw them.

He's built time travel.

Because these websites keep releasing "news" about the movie that are probably tiny insignificant parts of the actual film. Since they're devoting a whole article to them, it makes your brain think they'll be large plot-points when they most likely won't be. It makes it seem like it'll be an overstuffed mess as a result.

I'd like this Iron Dad role a lot more if it was Miles or a new Spidey.

Like if Peter had died earlier and the mantle had passed.

well Tony is an adult with decades of education and experience while Peter is still in high school

Thing is, there doesn't seem to be much in this Spider-Man film cause all the topics are the same.

Fuck this.

Cancelling my pre-order tickets right now.

This shit doesn't hold a candle to Raimi's kino

Batman is more successful than Spider-Man could ever hope to be.

Movie wise, sure. If you think Batman is a more popular or successful character in general, you are grossly misinformed.

>Batman vs Superman
870 million

>Spider-man 3
890 million

Looks like current Batman isn't as successful as Spidey has once been.

THE JOKE IS THAT THE SUIT IS BASICALLY AN IRON MAN ARMOUR AND SPIDEY DOESN'T NEED IT BECAUSE IT'S OVERCOMPLICATED

THAT'S THE POINT OF THE MOVIE

CHOOSING INDIVIDUALITY

>Yo dawg, I heard you love quips, so we put a quip machine on your suit so you can quip while you quip even if there aren't any bad guys around to quip at

oh hey ... is it finally someone who gets it?

>Movie wise, sure.
Everything-wise, my man. Where are the Spider-Man toys? Games?

Everywhere?

>all these people who think Spideys suit being Inspector Gadget level of retarded isn't a joke

He doesn't need the suit. That's the point. That's why he uses the shitty suit at the end because it's all he needs. Did you fags watch the trailer or not?

>If they really wanted to make Iron Man 4, why didn't they just do it? Pepper Potts is also rumored to return in this movie

Because no one would see it, Iron Man has had one good movie out of three.

Are you asking me or telling me? You don't sound so confident.

>Because no one would see it

Remember when Iron Man 3 made over a billion dollars?

I'm telling you. You were asking stupid questions, so I figured I'd return the favor.

Spideh has easily as much toys and games as Batman.

He's Marvel's batman and Batman is DC's Spider-Man. Hard to compare 2 gigantic entities like them.

Damage control

Toys, sure -- maybe even more. But I'm pretty sure Batman has more games, and even if not, they're definitely better/more popular.

>Because no one would see it
This is about the dumbest thing anyone could say about RDJ Iron Man movies.

Iron-Man 3 was a horrific movie imo and it's top 10 grossing films of all time.

>2017
>still hoping a spiderman movie will not be a piece of shat

Literally everywhere. Most recent Spider-Man games aren't as well received as recent Batman ones, but they're still there. As for toys, they will never stop making them. The population of earth could get halved and Hasbro'd still be pumping superhero action figures out of chinese factories.

Batman gained the edge of better/more popular games recently with the Arkham series.

But I'd say Spidey had the better games during the Ps2/Ps1 days.

Right, that's what I was talking about. Popularity shifts, but right now Batman has it with Arkham and Injustice. Arkham's popularity has obviously faded since City, but those first two games were fucking massive, and they're still pretty popular.

Spidey's last big one was... Shattered Dimensions?

You just proved his point.

>Marvel shills acting like DC shills defending an obviously bad movie
Never thought I'd see the day

Spider-Mans making a comeback with that Insomniac game this year. It's got a lot of hype riding on it.

hey asm2 is a quality game

It doesn't have to be an "overstuffed mess" to be bad. All of these bad decisions add up, you know.

Are you implying that Peter will ultimately get his OWN suit then? If not, your claim is pointless.

Fuck off, FAGGOT

>A.I.s name is Mary Jane

calling it

Goddamit, now when he goes on his infamous Spider-monologues, something is going to answer him back.

That's literally in the trailer, you fucking idiot. He also already had a suit before he even met Tony.

>all this delicious asspain

How does millennial Spider-Man using what is effectively the Iron Spider suit using siri make the whole movie bad? This will probably be like 3 exchanges during a fight or webslinging segment and that's it.
They'll probably have the AI replace his spider sense for the first part of the film. I wouldn't be surprised that, once he's forced to use his homemade suit again, he takes the suit back but leaves most of the toys behind.

It's 2017, not 1983, Grandpa.

Alright buddy, I'll bite. By what criteria are we judging a characters popularity?

You admit Bats is more popular in movies, so that's a given.

In cartoons, Spidey has had 9 cartoons, Bats has had 10 cartoons (not including Superfriends or Justice League).

In Live Action TV, Spidey got two seasons in English as well as one season in a Japanese production. Batman starring Adam West ran for three seasons and got a feature length movie. Idk if you want to count Gotham in this running.

Video Games? Are we going to pretend that the Arkham series doesn't trump every Spiderman game since Spiderman 2?

and then there's comics. Pic related is a screengrab of comic sales from this past February. You can draw your own conclusions on that.

I'm not trying to say Spiderman is a lesser character than Batman or anything but to say that he's more popular or successful is fucking farcical.

And that's just the suit he's gonna wear for the rest of his Spidey career, then?
You can't do an arc where a character proves himself by rejecting someone's influence and then have him go back to that person's influence later.
And I saw it in the trailer, you fucking asshole. But that's not the "Spider-Man" suit.
Having Tony provide the actual suit was a mistake.

I rewatched SpiderMan 3 recently. Its not that bad really.
But there really was no reason to have SandMan in it.

This would be fine if it was the actual Iron Spider suit.

>You can't do an arc where a character proves himself by rejecting someone's influence and then have him go back to that person's influence later.
See, if Tony gave Peter the Iron Spider suit in Civil War and then Peter went back to his old one for his own movie's character arc then I would be fine with that, that's more or less how it went in the comics.
And then Peter can upgrade his old suit himself, to resemble the traditional one.

That's exactly how we know it's going to happen sans what he does after his old suit character arc

>Superman saving the world twice in a row
>all he does in his free time is save people
>not because anyone told him to but because he chooses to
>Superman is so good he pulls Batman out of the place of deconstruction he has been in since the Nolan Batman movies
>Superman is so good he literally inspires the Justice League to happen

>movie makes a point about how Batman killing is wrong, unlike every other movie where Batman has killed

I wish I was treated that well desu

(different user here)
In the history of the characters, yes -- Batman is objectively more popular. But right now? That's a little harder to tell.

Let's look at what's going in recent years:
>cartoons
Batman hasn't had a cartoon since Beware ended in 2014, while Spider-man just finished the longest Marvel cartoon to date in January, and has a new series coming soon.

>Live action TV
Batman has an edge for Gotham, but neither really has representation here

>Video games
Batman has an obvious edge recently with the Arkham series, but there's not much on the horizon. Spidey has something coming later this year. We'll have to see how that goes.

>Comics
Batman has reigned supreme among comic fans for the better part of the past decade, but that ultimately doesn't mean much. The top comic does about 100k units to stores, and when we're talking about global popularity, that means very little. I think we could both agree that Star Wars is more popular than the Walking Dead, despite the comic selling ~10% fewer books..

Also, kudos on that image. 10/10. As a side note, the chart really show DC's over reliance on Batman; I can't blame them -- he sells -- but almost all of their top books are Bat related.

>movies
This is going to be the big kicker here, because we're talking about global popularity, and movies are about as big as it gets when it comes to the global stage. They're a little tough to compare directly, though, because neither has seen a solo release in a few years, and they're in completely different hands now than they were then.

BvS was big, but it wasn't particularly massive compared to other cape blockbusters, and it had Superman as a co-headliner. Civil War was massive, but you certainly can't call it a Spider-man movie.

If Homecoming can outgross BvS, though, I think that would settle it. And honestly, it's got a good shot at it.

>Toys
I'd love to see numbers on this, but I'm not sure where to find them.

Alright nignogs

Okay so that's the toy numbers was asking for.

I think my post still stands.

Is it too much to ask that you guys stop putting spoilers into the OP?

He is so easy. He is SO EASY.

Dude has to balance his regular life with his super-hero life. He quips, he struggles, he falls, he always gets back up, he wins (at the cost of something in his other life.)

>Hey lets put an ai in his suit
>Hey lets put 'safety locks in his suit
>Hey lets have tony stark design the suit
>Hey lets not have the daily bugle, where our character works for a majority of his early career
>Hey lets make vulture an Iron man villian turned over to Spidey (Don't mention chameleon, completely different scenario.)

Its gonna be shit, and if they do that inside the mask crap with Spider-man then the movie is gonna be crap.

>>Hey lets put 'safety locks in his suit

wat

The things we've been hearing the last few days have this weird joking feel. Like you wanna say "obviously that'd never happen that's miss the point of Spider-Man

I just don't fucking get it. Spiderman is Marvel's goddamn flagship character and they are treating him like a D-lister that needs a bunch of bullshit to pull in numbers. Seriously, you'd think this was a Prowler movie.

I really dont think that shit is accurate, at least not anymore:

uproxx.com/movies/harley-quinn-halloween-costume-most-popular/

>Harley is most popular costume

newsarama.com/29428-dc-super-hero-girls-expected-to-earn-1-billion-for-warner-bros.html

>DC SUPER HERO GIRLS Expected To Earn $1 BILLION For Warner Bros.
Also DC outsells DOMINATES Marvel at the bookstores

>licensed products
>when warners does most of their merchandise in house

hmmm

The thing is, They can be bad, but RDJ WILL make it watchable. There's just something about his pattern of speech and mannerisms that people like to see onscreen.

>digits
>wasted on moonswinging

why
why why why
no
it's bad enough the comics and the current shitty animated show want to make him Iron Man 2

It's not toys, it's shipments of licensed products so toys, t shirts, mugs, posters, games, dvds etc

>newsarama.com/29428-dc-super-hero-girls-expected-to-earn-1-billion-for-warner-bros.html
>DCU president Diane Nelson, 2016 launches another intiative she believes can be an over $1 billion assest generating revenue over 70 different product categories
>She believes
kek

Peter built Web-Fluid in High School out of shit he bought at the corner store. He's always been one of the smartest fuckers in the marvel universe.

well, Super Hero Girls trades have been selling much better than Avengers trades...

>Spider-Man in MCU
>Marvel turns it into an Iron Man movie

What next, Parker Industries?

>here's a post that proves me wrong
>I'm going to stand by my point

Spider-man's suit has gadgets hidden behind 'Child locks' that Tony installed in the firmware.

The spider-jarvis is one of them.

BACK TO FORMULA

This was during a year when a Spider-man movie came out.

Literally the most comic accurate Batman ever produced in live action.

I feel like everyone who posts this picture has no fucking clue what it means.

>I see this bar is bigger than this bar
>that must mean Spider-Man is the most popular!

Fucking morons.

Why does it only show those two years?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_Marvel_Comics#Live-action_films
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_in_film

>comic accurate All-Star Batman

Fixed.

You're an idiot.

Spider-Man and X-Men are old news.

Iron Man is Marvel now.

You mean... like this year?

>If they really wanted to make Iron Man 4, why didn't they just do it?

They can't afford RDJ for a full movie anymore.