Endtown

Is it just me or is Aaron uploading these later than he used to?

Other urls found in this thread:

gocomics.com/endtown/2009/01/19
mega.nz/#!rlUGDTxC!Ks4RgV9ITtOw8eJ8RfgV-YSQk8eyBYUqwZ-SAJFYTzg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And here I thought this was gonna be another cannibal murder. Cannimurder.

Heck, looks like she only took a singular bonk to the head

I sure hope she wasn't raped

and for Endtown that's tame. Fuckers get murder-y over beans and she has enough grey matter not beaten out of her to register wolf and fear, maybe Jackrabbit is doing alright after all

Sure are a lot of fucking wolves these days. A few foxes, coyotes or dingos mixed in I could understand but this is ridiculous.

user, you must remember that mutations aren't really random. They are like the reflection of your deep at the time of infection, which is why conscience turns into an eldritch monster, drinking or intoxication turns you into a freak and normal sleeping into a cartoony animal.

This way, it's natural that a good number would be wolves, since wolves are very popular animals.

And people are getting their panties in a bunch over sibling pigs.
Hell, they could have been twins.

Did she get knotted?

That's dark,

Requesting Heather getting knotted.

Do it in

I feel like this may prove to be a good arc to binge, but for now it's such a slow burner.

That's not really the tone of the comics so far. She was assaulted and we have no reason to believe it wasn't just a physical beating.

GAS THE WOLVES!
RACE WAR NOW!

>She was assaulted and we have no reason to believe it wasn't just a physical beating.
A physical beating wouldn't leave someone sulking like that.

Also look at her. When Wally got beaten his body was in far worse state.

>A physical beating wouldn't leave someone sulking like that.
She's stumbling home after being assaulted and left for dead. I don't see why your mind turns to rape immediately.

Because rape is technically the worst, and in Endtown you should assume the worst.

Yeah yeah, the comic is grim, I know. But there's no precedent for sexual assault in the comic.

MURDER is the wost. You don't know what "technically" means.

>Hey, Lady... Uh.. Are you, like, okay?
Sherlock he ain't.

...it was rape wasn't it

Let's hope not.

Was she raped?
Because it kinda looks like she may have been.

Which would be a new darker turn.

How is murder the worst, since you are dead and cannot feel anything?

The worst would be strap you into a table, shove wood spikes under your fingernails and other tortures.

Yes.

And then she gets pregnant. And births a little wolf.

>How is murder the worst, since you are dead and cannot feel anything?

>Which is worse on the victim, rape or murder?
Tough fucking question. Depends on if you'd rather go on living after being raped or would rather just be dead forever.

Endtown genetics don't work like that.

>How is murder the worst, since you are dead and cannot feel anything?
You're right! Death is obviously far better than pain. Because with pain, you can NEVER EVER get better after a while. We all know pain is permanent, unlike death.
That's why I always say that we should kill the mentally ill, the severely injured and the trauma victims. No point in helping those fuckers, they're better off dead anyway.
And remember, if you're feeling depressed, you should consider suicide. No use suffering for no reason!

Seeing how there isn't genetics into play, but an eldritch abomination, it's entirely possible if it's to fuck with her.

When was that established? I only remember them saying it isn't a virus.

There are fates worse than death.

Agreed that it depends on the person. But the majority when asked if they rather be killed or raped would say dead.

Removing your strawman, also when asked people will usually prefer to avoid taking pain even at the risk of death. If you go and ask people for example if they rather have their bodies burned but survive or simply shoot at the head the majority will pick the later.

Aaron said in suplementary material it's the power of consciousness that creates mutations. And the computer already established that there is no vĂ­rus. Finally it's proved the existence of the Eye, which called the mutated his children. Putting this together I believe it's clear there is no mutation at play.

>But the majority when asked if they rather be killed or raped would say dead.

citation needed

Different person here: I don't have a citation but it doesn't surprise me. Most people take the easier route and complete nothingness is far less difficult them coping with trauma.

>maybe Jackrabbit is doing alright after all
see how that works for you when he's eaten

We did a high school survey. Oblivion isn't worse than dishonor.

But you are free to google or ask your collegues if they prefer to die or be raped.

>She was assaulted therefore it's likely she was raped, read my tumblr for proof
#NotAllWolvesYeahRight

Could you not, it's 2017

>We did a high school survey
yes, the opinions of underage shitheads matter

I'm telling you, it wasn't the wolves who ate the pigs.

just leave it in trash, have a Sup Forums thread when something actually happens so there's something to talk about

Heather "If you Howl at the moon, you're already doomed" Hoss

Updated the Heather Ref

Damn, look at all that suffering. I hope she catches a break soon.

Who else expects her to wake up in the hospital with that wolf by her side? If that happens, I hope Aaron takes it easy on the romance and lets them simply stay acquainted.

>Reproduction happens.

>and probably some stuff we're better off not knowing about, considering his tastes

>Ib4 pure weight gain Kirbee

where were you when Akunim predicted the ending on the last arc?

It would be pretty cute with the clueless sanitation wolf helping Heather to realize it's not the wolves behind the attack. But I think it's more likely that Heather's going to to be filled with even more hate of wolves and either attack sanitation wolf or run away and become a vigilante in the night attacking wolves in their homes.

Kek, and then immediately Wally and Kirbee jumped off the building and started sucking face and the thread lost it's shit.

>I hope Aaron takes it easy on the romance
I must disagree. Al and Gustine, Wally and Holly, and then Wally and Kirbee have been some of the best parts of Endtown. Gustine's sacrifice to save Al was the single bright spot in their entire story arc. In many cases, the relationships are the only good things the characters have in their lives. Given the setting of the comic, that's not too unrealistic.

>Heather eventually settles down some years later
>Finds a nice guy she started dating
>Some time later, got engaged
>News of a pregnancy
>She and her husband couldn't be happier
>Have a nice little room set up for it
>Day of birth comes
>It's a wolf

Over the cliff you go.

that thread was great.

She'll throw it to the wolves.

>Has wolf twins.
>Abandons them.
>They get adopted by a human lady in a cave.
>They grow up to found mutant Rome.

Oh you.

At least give a link to the thread.

Looking at all the deleted posts ITT, it probably IS a good idea to move there.

And then Aaron tries to parody himself by making that wolf have a crush on Heather for years.

who the fuck cares? literally no one has ever given a shit about this, its not like this has ever been a huge major plot detail but suddenly people are freaking out over the species demographics of endtown just so they can bitch about something

>its not like this has ever been a huge major plot detail
It is when there's a fucking race war between two populations that shouldn't be big enough for it to happen, idiot.

The way this wolf comes to this scene implies a developed personality.
>are you, like
so we get a "duuude" as a wolf janitor.
developed personality is always a sign of more occurrences in this comic, say hello to a possible protagonist.

especially with Aaron's pace. I sure hope he could recover more and be more confident so he could speed things up to a degree, maybe one day atleast.

He is Kirbee in male wolf form, isn't he?

Don't worry, she will kill him next update.

If you look at the back ground characters pigs show up quite a bit. The wolves seem to be showing up at night which is why we don't see them much until now. There are foxes like Philo and the fox bitch but foxes don't eat pigs so are irrelevant to the story. As for coyotes see pic related.
If there's enough population to support infrastructure for sanitation crews, cars and movie theaters, there's population of both wolves and pigs enough for unrest.

Think that Dottie's paper is the one that spread the news of Heather starting the fight with wolf bitch?, I wonder if the news paper is generating more racial tension.

>wolves and coyotes are more or less interchangeable
I agree that just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist, but coyotes are tiny compared to wolves. The mutation probably evens out some of the differences, but look at the differences between a rhino mutant and a raccoon mutant. They're not just generic anthros, their size is dependent on base species.

Of course this doesn't explain why lizardpeople are like 7 feet tall, but I digress.

No, it was already news before Dottie could interrogate Heather.

Also, I hadn't really noticed how much of a bitch Dottie was in these strips..
>The woman just had surgery!
>Well, I can't even verify that unless you let me see for myself!!
No wonder Doc got so pissed, I would've kicked her out after that. What the Hell happened to her character?

The mutations get their traits from cartoon ideas of animals, specially from Terrytoons. None of them are very realistic, which makes them more bizarre. For example, Jim wouldn't scrub/wash his hands all the time like real raccoons but he would like digging through trash/garbage (funny, he actually did at one point) because that's what they do in cartoons.

The exception is their reproductive systems, which is VERY weird since most cartoons don't even mention them and those few occasions where they're shown usually go for human parts.

>it was already news before Dottie could interrogate Heather.

i understand that, but still... I'm sure Dottie wrote about it, probably with the shitty info she's getting from people gossiping.

So? That doesn't make her specially responsible if everyone else is doing it.

I'm not saying it's her fault Heather got beaten up, her paper must be creating some level of racial tension unintentionally..

I think Dottie is trying to avoid gossip. She's tearing up her notes because the wolves are giving her shitty gossip about the pigs. She's desperate for a story, maybe a little too desperate, but I don't think she'll compromise her morals. She didn't do it for Al and Gustine, she didn't do it for the milk trial, I doubt she'll publish shitty info now.

>What the Hell happened to her character?

I think Dottie's always been prone to being hot-headed when it came to her work. Back in the beginning, her and Jacob were shown to be two-sides of the same coin while having Walt being the cooler headed one in between.

Generally, I agree that I don't like this side of her. but like all the characters, she isn't perfect.

Is this a webcomic? If so is there a place where In can watch it? looks interesting enough (aslo a quick summary would be much aprceciated)

Copypaste from the comic's site description.

"It's the End of Civilization as we know it. A mutagenic plague followed by a global war fought with disintegration weaponry has left much of the Earth a desert of fine powder and what remains of humanity fragmented into humans, animal-like mutants and bloodthirsty monstrosities with lots of teeth. The surface, still teeming with the mutagenic virus, has become the domain of the dreaded Topsiders; well-organized, technologically advanced, and heavily armed un-mutated humans sworn to exterminate mutations of any kind in order to clear the way for the eventual resurgence of a new, genetically clean humanity. Faced with annihilation, mutants and "impure" humans have retreated into the depths of the planet to form communities and hope to win, or at least survive, what may prove to be mankind's final war. Endtown is the continuing story of one of those communities."

You can start reading it here gocomics.com/endtown/2009/01/19

Word of advise, the site sucks balls, there's a zip file laying around with all the strips until a couple weeks ago, but i don't have a link for that.

It starts slow, and might seem a bit all over the place at first, but if you can get past the rough beginnings and look past them, you will in it for a wild ride.

>but like all the characters, she isn't perfect
Except for Kirbee.

>quick summary
WW3 happened, but the world was only mostly wiped out instead of completely wiped out.
The majority of people have been changed into anthros for some reason, and the remaining humans are all in biohazard suits to protect themselves from changing(Topsiders). Topsiders are out to disintegrate all the anthros so they can finally take off the suits without mutating.

That's the background. The plot itself tends to follow different characters around for a while before moving to other characters. First major arc was Al and Gustine's adventure, then it focused on Wally for years.

Good things:
Plot pulls no punches. People fucking die, and not heroic sacrifices. They just fucking die.
Writing is pretty good, you never know what's going to happen.
Good characters. Everyone is a good character, except Marx.
Crazy shit happens, but it avoids the LOLSORANDUM trap.
BECAUSE LIFE ISN'T FAIR!

Bad things:
Four panels, three comics a week. Archive binges are good, but feels incredibly slow when you are current.
Marx. Just fucking Marx.
Just about everyone seems to sweat nonstop in this universe. Fuck if I know why.
Marx. Goddamn, why?
Marx. Shit would be 10/10 without him and his BS.

>if you can get past the rough beginnings and look past them, you will in for a wild ride.

Oh Lordy, yes!

Here's a mostly complete archive, courtesy of /trash/: mega.nz/#!rlUGDTxC!Ks4RgV9ITtOw8eJ8RfgV-YSQk8eyBYUqwZ-SAJFYTzg .

Test.

Test for what? Are you a ban-evading piece of shit, user?

Hey, Marx at least got better.

>Just about everyone seems to sweat nonstop in this universe. Fuck if I know why.
in b4 sweating gets retconned as an early symptom of Schism.

Sparkplug is still one of the best parts of the comic.

I wonder how much time and resources they spent on this colorful error message instead of actually fixing the error.